Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

an adult beverage posted:

Being the highest paid OC at Bama or LSU is better than being HC at FAU.

As Picard once pointed out to Riker, there's nothing quite like the captain's chair. Even if it's some junky old starship (FAU).

pillsburysoldier posted:

The 5 way recruiting battles between Scott Frost, Butch Davis, Jim McElwain, Charlie Strong and Lane Kiffin are going to rule

Very charitable to include McElwain IMHO, although I guess I will wait until NSD before writing him off completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Ah, I see. Certainly FSU and Miami won't be competing against the G5 schools for the cream of the crop, but I could easily see some prospect with a lot of potential getting sold on being a 4-year starter at USF instead of providing some extra depth at FSU.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Thermos H Christ posted:

Ah, I see. Certainly FSU and Miami won't be competing against the G5 schools for the cream of the crop, but I could easily see some prospect with a lot of potential getting sold on being a 4-year starter at USF instead of providing some extra depth at FSU.

Thise players end up more often at Lousiville

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

big money big clit posted:

Kiffin wanted to be a head coach again. Having autonomy, even at place like FAU, is probably preferable to getting yelled at constantly by Nick Saban.

It's all still part of his rehab tour, since his work with Bama wasn't enough to get him serious consideration for the better jobs out there.

Yeah this is a chance for him to show that he can actually be a head coach since his last 3 (!) attempts have been less than inspiring. If he makes a few bowl games with FAU I imagine he'll move onto something better quickly.

Nooooo. I love Matt Canada. The Pitt offense this year was dope as hell. RIP my stupid unrealistic dream of Greg Davis retiring and Iowa hiring him (Pitt was still manbally enough for this to seem vaguely realistic)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Next binder up.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD
lol Lane Kiffin got a head coach job before Les Miles

Also yes please Canada to LSU. Imagine if we had an offense :getin:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

MourningView posted:

Yeah this is a chance for him to show that he can actually be a head coach since his last 3 (!) attempts have been less than inspiring. If he makes a few bowl games with FAU I imagine he'll move onto something better quickly.

I get the feeling this was the reason the Houston AD flexed nuts on him. Kiffin saying he'd go to a G5 job "for the long term" should set off anyone's bullshit alarms.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Spintzel posted:

So did Charlie Strong. Les Miles offense is worse than losing to a Kansas at Texas.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Spintzel posted:

Also yes please Canada to LSU. Imagine if we had an offense :getin:

Les needs to go to ESPN anyway.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Silly Burrito posted:

What's the grass quality like?

pillsburysoldier posted:

Thise players end up more often at Lousiville

Man, all these great recruiters in Florida is going to hurt schools like Iowa St. and a bunch of MAC schools who are able to get a few 3 Star recruits out of Florida. Also USF vs UCF and FAU vs FIA might be must watch games just for the coaching matchups.

Too bad Strong probably wont be at the school when they play Texas.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spintzel posted:

Make a conference of Florida teams. Winner gets the SEC East

If we added Alabama, Aurburn, Georgia, and Georgia Tech, it'd be a fairly decent conference. The Deep Southeast Conference.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

whiteyfats posted:

If we added Alabama, Aurburn, Georgia, and Georgia Tech, it'd be a fairly decent conference. The Deep Southeast Conference.

Dirty South Conference

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

Dirty South Conference

Yes! Short road trips, keep it to 10 or 11 teams so we can do round robin, since that conference wouldn't have to worry about being left out of the playoffs pretty much ever.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Phil Montgomery has a new 5 year deal at Tulsa.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Silly Burrito posted:

For real Les just go be the Heir to Corso

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Thermos H Christ posted:

I mean that's the best you can hope for, right? You actually get a big scoop and report that Lane Kiffin is dead, then every outlet immediately drops a headline like REPORT: KIFFIN OVERCOMES BILL SNYDER'S MASSIVE LEAD TO SCORE UPSET VICTORY

lol

MourningView posted:

For real Les just go be the Heir to Corso

Exactly this.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Harbaugh to the Raaaaaaaaaaammmmmssss

(Won't happen but would be very funny!)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

MourningView posted:

I should probably get used to this, since it's going to happen every single offseason he is at Michigan.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If he leaves I am definitely going to spend the next decade or more claiming that Ferentz ran him out of college football.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

MourningView posted:

If he leaves I am definitely going to spend the next decade or more claiming that Ferentz ran him out of college football.

Harbaugh leaving might give us an updated Urbz_chuckling.gif.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/espncfb/status/808391159399743488

Looks like Kiffin may be taking about a 400k paycut going to FAU.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

MourningView posted:

Though I want to claim this to be Urban's victory as a Buckeye fan, I'm willing to embrace the utter bullshit of conference solidarity if it means that I get to claim a man whose splashiest offseason move was when his favorite flavor of ice cream changed is responsible for running Harbaugh out of the Big 10.

201x NCAA Coaching Carousel: The Milkman Goeth

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Duckaerobics posted:

https://twitter.com/espncfb/status/808391159399743488

Looks like Kiffin may be taking about a 400k paycut going to FAU.

this is his awful working for nick saban is

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

MourningView posted:

this is his awful working for nick saban is

How sure are we that he even had the option to stay? Saban may have told him to send out some resumes.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Yeah, taking a paycut to go to loving FAU doesn't sound like a choice he voluntarily made.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Benne posted:

Yeah, taking a paycut to go to loving FAU doesn't sound like a choice he voluntarily made.

LSU would have paid him what Bama was.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
lol remember when someone made Lane Kiffin the head coach of an NFL team despite the fact that he had no head coaching experience and no NFL experience

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Benne posted:

Guarantee he wasn't nearly as forced as it seems. Coaches want that head coach title something fierce.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Regnevelc posted:

I should probably get used to this, since it's going to happen every single offseason he is at Michigan.

Including the winter of 2014-15.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If he wants a top tier head coaching job again, this is what he has to do, though. ADs aren't gonna trust him unless he behaves himself for a while.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

whiteyfats posted:

If he wants a top tier head coaching job again, this is what he has to do, though. ADs aren't gonna trust him unless he behaves himself for a while.

He should have taken the Houston job and agreed to the 5 year lockdown.

Maybe the big buyout penalty extended even longer than the reported 5 years.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
I am sad to see my boy Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaayne Kiiiiiffin go 'cause he was a good OC. Godspeed. I hope Sarkesian is up to snuff. Nothing will be worse than doug loving nussmeier I will tell you that much

e: actually that's a lie, shawn watson was way loving worse

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thermos H Christ posted:

lol remember when someone made Lane Kiffin the head coach of an NFL team despite the fact that he had no head coaching experience and no NFL experience

Hate on late life Al Davis all you want, being willing to attempt something like that is a good thing. Also it brought us the best head coach firing press conference ever.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Scionix posted:

e: actually that's a lie, shawn watson was way loving worse

Watch Shawn land an FCS head coaching gig and somehow doing well, a la Craig Bohl

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
A Google search of "FAU freshwater" has the first result about "freshwater discharge", which is another sign of Lane Kiffin's manifest destiny

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Grittybeard posted:

Hate on late life Al Davis all you want, being willing to attempt something like that is a good thing. Also it brought us the best head coach firing press conference ever.

I unironically love Al Davis. By far the most progressive owner; pretty sure he was the first to hire a Latin and an African-American as head coaches.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Grittybeard posted:

Don't forget the 76 yard field goal attempt

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thermos H Christ posted:

Even funnier is when an NFL team hired his dad to be their defensive coordinator right after Lane fired him from the same job on his own staff.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

California does have a pretty big dairy industry...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Wanna know what Lane's buyout is. Wonder if they're betting on him being a 5m+ lotto ticket in two years

• Locked thread