Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

But what kind of foreheads will we see? Or will it be the return of "vague blackface with copious spiritgum beards"?

I hope it's TOS-style, only replace all the tasselled baldrics with serapes and make the moustaches luxuriantly oiled. The Klingons just keep trying to sneak into the Federation, those lazy bastards! With their warrior hats which are vividly decorated and made of straw!

Perhaps we can finally meet that historic figure, Konza'leHs, the quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I think everyone got laid in TNG except for Geordi. Which is hilarious and also makes a lot of sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Doctor Butts posted:

I think everyone got laid in TNG except for Geordi. Which is hilarious and also makes a lot of sense.

Does the holodeck not count?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Rhyno posted:

Does the holodeck not count?

You're right, you're right, the holodeck got laid too

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He definitely did something to that Holo Brahms.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Pretty sure Wesley didn't, either.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pakled posted:

Nah, he and Lefler totally banged.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Pakled posted:

His first girlfriend was a shapeshifter. So even if she stayed in teen-girl form, in the back of his mind, he'd still know he's boning this:

But hey, I don't know, maybe he'd be into that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
oh my god

I don't even know where to begin

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

https://twitter.com/TNG_S8/status/276755160481550336

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

Data can't exist in the mirror universe, he would either get blown up for being a pussy rear end bitch when the discover him or he would learn, then go full Terminator and conquer the whole Terran Empire since he is by all measurable statistics, better and more suited to rule.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

MrJacobs posted:

Data can't exist in the mirror universe, he would either get blown up for being a pussy rear end bitch when the discover him or he would learn, then go full Terminator and conquer the whole Terran Empire since he is by all measurable statistics, better and more suited to rule.

Having no emotions, he doesn't have any desire to rule. He's also practically unkillable, making him the ideal second-in-command.

Lore, on the other hand, is the only hippy pacifist who can survive the mirror federation.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

Dark Admiral Hipperriker redesign looking good.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Big Mean Jerk posted:

But what kind of foreheads will we see? Or will it be the return of "vague blackface with copious spiritgum beards"?

There is a zero percent chance we'll see TOS style Klingots, even though that IS canon for the era, which is a shame. But if by some miracle they DID, I"ll be willing to give this show a major, major pass on just about anything else.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

An objectively better troi costume than any of her catsuits.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
They never should have acknowledged the foreheads being different beyond that joke in Trials and Tribble-ations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pakled posted:

They never should have acknowledged the foreheads being different beyond that joke in Trials and Tribble-ations.

Shockingly the Enterprise episode that explains it is quite good.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Shockingly the Enterprise episode that explains it is quite good.

The only things I remember about them is that it took too loving long for them to have Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince on one of these shows and that nobody needed a two parter to explain where Klingon ridges come from

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

Elektra Troi lookin' good.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I love how no one has sleeves. Is every random ensign on the crew sporting sleeveless uniforms to show off their regulation beefy arms?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Baronjutter posted:

I love how no one has sleeves. Is every random ensign on the crew sporting sleeveless uniforms to show off their regulation beefy arms?

Let's not forget

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Apparently no-one gets cold in the mirror universe.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Every thermostat is five degrees higher in the mirror universe because they're less environmentally conscious and thus don't mind wasting energy as much.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pakled posted:

Every thermostat is five degrees higher in the mirror universe because they're less environmentally conscious and thus don't mind wasting energy as much.

I actually waste energy on purpose because I'm evil so I have to go sleeveless to compensate. *Twirls mustache goatee evilly*

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I'm just noticing there must be a huge fan under the tactical console blowing Troi's hair and outfit. Also I thought there was no mirror universe TNG because the Terran Empire fell shortly after the classic series due to Spock going soft. In DS9 humans have been enslaved for like a century.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Or will it be the return of "vague blackface with copious spiritgum beards"?

I want this so bad.

Have Bryan Cranston guest star as an obnoxious conteporary of Kor, just give him the same makeup as Breaking Bad covered with a brown spray tan.

Probably impossible, considering they're blowing their monetary wad on the effects.

It WOULD make Trek cosplay affordable again, too.. those foreheads cost money!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Baronjutter posted:

Also I thought there was no mirror universe TNG because the Terran Empire fell shortly after the classic series due to Spock going soft. In DS9 humans have been enslaved for like a century.

Maybe this is the mirror universe of an alternate timeline. Or an alternate timeline of the mirror universe, which sounds like it'd be a subtly different thing somehow.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

CharlieWhiskey posted:

You're right, you're right, the holodeck got laid too

Let's unpack this a bit. Does someone having sex with a holo character qualify as the holodeck getting laid?

Also, since costumes, when worn, are brought in from the outside, it would stand to reason anything people bring has to come back out. Soooo... who wipes down the loads?

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Let's unpack this a bit. Does someone having sex with a holo character qualify as the holodeck getting laid?

Also, since costumes, when worn, are brought in from the outside, it would stand to reason anything people bring has to come back out. Soooo... who wipes down the loads?

Technically it's the computer getting laid if anything.

Also the ship is self cleaning. Like your oven.

Also ewww.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Your questions have already been answered by our own Zack Parsons.

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/blue-stripe-life-4/

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheBigAristotle posted:

In Federation holodecks I imagine your surplus sex juices are broken down the same way that you apparently get rid of dishes and table scraps by putting them back in the replicator. Seems like it'd be pretty easy for the forcefield and illusion room to have a self-cleaning mode.

The answer for the holosuites in DS9 is much easier: Rom

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

I would follow them to whatever end.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Baronjutter posted:

I'm just noticing there must be a huge fan under the tactical console blowing Troi's hair and outfit. Also I thought there was no mirror universe TNG because the Terran Empire fell shortly after the classic series due to Spock going soft. In DS9 humans have been enslaved for like a century.

A mirror universe episode of TNG would just be a guns-and-tits retread of "Yesterday's Enterprise." The Enterprise is one of the last ships that stands between the Alliance and Earth!

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Pakled posted:

The Traveler. :pedo:

Nessus posted:

In Federation holodecks I imagine your surplus sex juices are broken down the same way that you apparently get rid of dishes and table scraps by putting them back in the replicator. Seems like it'd be pretty easy for the forcefield and illusion room to have a self-cleaning mode.

The answer for the holosuites in DS9 is much easier: Rom

Yep, Rom had to mop out the holosuites.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

Instead of drinking tea in his ready room, Mirror Picard is always deadlifting.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

twistedmentat posted:

Instead of drinking tea in his ready room, Mirror Picard is always deadlifting.

Not just mirror Picard.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Powered Descent posted:

His first girlfriend was a shapeshifter. So even if she stayed in teen-girl form, in the back of his mind, he'd still know he's boning this:

But hey, I don't know, maybe he'd be into that.

...eh, worth it to bang a shapeshifter.

Oh wait they have a holodeck, you could just go inside and never leave.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Someone translate this. I know one of you can read Klingon.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

I'm the captain who wears his boots on the wrong feet. What are you gonna do about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Nessus posted:

But you know with how the Federation handles automation that they have self-aware Emergency Janitorial Hologram who is only activated to clean up messes then plunged back into the ether.