Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I'm the captain who wears his boots on the wrong feet. What are you gonna do about it?

Um, it's called the Mirror Universe for a reason. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I can't argue with that kind of logic.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

How was it that the "bodily functions x holodeck" discussion ended up a thread or two ago? Something about Riker taking a holo-dump and Barclay having to clean it up

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Someone translate this. I know one of you can read Klingon.

I don't read Klingon but that must be a new font because I didn't recognize the language

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Timby posted:

Not just mirror Picard.

Yep.

To tickets to the phaser show!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That looks nothing like Klingon.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Lor'em i'ps'um d'o'lor s'it a'm'e't

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Nessus posted:

In Federation holodecks I imagine your surplus sex juices are broken down the same way that you apparently get rid of dishes and table scraps by putting them back in the replicator. Seems like it'd be pretty easy for the forcefield and illusion room to have a self-cleaning mode.

The answer for the holosuites in DS9 is much easier: Rom

I'm imagining Rom in that scene from It's Always Sunny in the sauna.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

But what kind of foreheads will we see? Or will it be the return of "vague blackface with copious spiritgum beards"?

they got a big enough budget to do it right, jesus

Doctor Butts posted:

I think everyone got laid in TNG except for Geordi. Which is hilarious and also makes a lot of sense.

Geordi got laid in Transfigurations.

Pakled posted:

They never should have acknowledged the foreheads being different beyond that joke in Trials and Tribble-ations.

I honestly think it would have been funnier to just take the ridges off Michael Dorn while they were in the 23rd century. No explanation, no comments, not even a single sideways glance. And the instant they're back in the 24th century, boom, he's got his ridges back, and again not a single word said about it.

I think it would have been more clever, and it would have completely driven the compulsive canoneers (who have to try to stitch every single loving thing together) right up the loving wall.

Although, on second thought, it would probably have confused a lot of stupid people in the audience. I mean, my god, they supposedly got angry letters from people asking why they'd blown up Captain Picard and the Enterprise-D in The Jem'Hadar...

Knormal posted:

But you know with how the Federation handles automation that they have self-aware Emergency Janitorial Hologram who is only activated to clean up messes then plunged back into the ether.

how do you loving scrubs not know there's a guy who does that poo poo

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Knormal posted:

But you know with how the Federation handles automation that they have self-aware Emergency Janitorial Hologram who is only activated to clean up messes then plunged back into the ether.

They also erase his mind after each sequence, like on Westworld. A kindness to spare them knowledge of their awful reality.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
These jizzy delights lead to jizzy ends.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

I don't even know where to begin
I love how everyone is buff and even Buff Data has cutoffs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Mirror Soong must have agonized for ages over how buff to make Data.

Unless Mirror Soong is swole as hell, too

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Mirror Soong was probably buff as poo poo and just made Data in his own image.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cojawfee posted:

Mirror Soong was probably buff as poo poo and just made Data in his own image.

He programmed him to have to work for it... his positronic gainz.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Fully functional and programmed in multiple crossfit techniques.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That looks like the made up Star Wars language...

Edit: this: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Aurebesh

I guess it's not quite the same... closer than Klingon, though

FuturePastNow fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Dec 13, 2016

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I love how everyone is buff and even Buff Data has cutoffs

Star Trek: Hardbody Bodyguards
Written by Mac and Charlie

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

ugh now I want to find this so I can see just how terrible the art is and how much they ripped off from the old "Dark Mirror" book

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

ugh now I want to find this so I can see just how terrible the art is and how much they ripped off from the old "Dark Mirror" book

You'll be able to get in the first Saturday in May.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Simply marvel at the sheer number of mirror Picard incarnations; my personal favorite is "genocides all the 1st season antagonists" Picard.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"In one possible permutation of the mirror universe in which the Terran Empire survived into the late 24th century which was encountered through a quantum fissure in 2380, Captain Picard was in command of the ISS Enterprise-E. At that time, his first officer was Lore, who attained that position by assassinating William T. Riker, while his chief engineer was Miles O'Brien"

Data earned those guns

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
It could be terrible but I'm interested going by the cover alone. I always wish they did a mirror TNG episode.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Wait why are there vegetarians when food is replicated? I get it when you're killing things but it's just reconstituted atoms.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Maybe they just don't like the taste of mea- haha I'm just kidding.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Grand Fromage posted:

Wait why are there vegetarians when food is replicated? I get it when you're killing things but it's just reconstituted atoms.

Health reasons and religion, I'd say primarily. Other than that I dunno. Especially in the case of Vulcans.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Grand Fromage posted:

Culture, personal tastes or digestion... You could argue they probably did make a representative meat dish to base the pattern off of originally, so an animal did die for that beef Wellington, just that it was one cow 73 years ago when they last updated it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

The replicator creates a full living cow, then recycles everything but a steak.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Tunicate posted:

The food would probably taste better if the replicator displayed a live feed of this replicated cow and you had to watch as the computer cut your steak out of the cow and then vaporized what was left.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tunicate posted:

That's the particularly erotic chapter in my journal.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Powered Descent posted:

That looks nothing like Klingon.

Looks like Klingon in a different font to me.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

WickedHate posted:

It could be terrible but I'm interested going by the cover alone. I always wish they did a mirror TNG episode.

Lore and the occasional possession story aside (which was also nearly always Data), TNG just didn't seem to have the ham level necessary to pull it off. They all came across as pleasant co-workers just being themselves.

DS9, on the other hand, they probably had a "minimum number of Evil Episodes per season" clause in their contracts.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Knormal posted:

Programming that must have been fun.

"Greetings. What is my function?"

'You mop jizz.'

"Oh my god."

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

OAquinas posted:

Programming that must have been fun.

"Greetings. What is my function?"

'You mop jizz.'

"Oh my god."

Given the rate at which Federation computers are spontaneously generating sapient AIs, this is probably not a stretch. It gets real dark when you think about the programs that have to operate in the simulations themselves.

What I'm saying is: there should have been a Doctor episode of Voyager where he frees all of the sex AIs and destroys the holodeck once and for all. It would be like Taxi Driver, but with a urbane AI as Travis Bickle.

Harry would be that guy that gets half his hand blown off in the rampage at the end.

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh my god

Deanna Troi, fresh from posing for Free-To-Play MMO ads.

"Come play, My Lord."

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Doctor Butts posted:

I think everyone got laid in TNG except for Geordi. Which is hilarious and also makes a lot of sense.

He got laid in the S3 episode "Transfigurations," when the alien John Doe fixes the part of Geordi's brain that makes him a creeper and repel women.

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Sorry, that's the Stargate constellation glyph language

With NuKhan setting the precedent for interplanetary transporters, the all-Chinese crew of the Divine Ship just transport back home to Beijing at the end of the day and share a meal of panda meat

Jellymouth
Jul 9, 2009
Fun Shoe
So I've been rewatching TOS lately, and I just finished the first alternate universe episode, and I'm curious about something: if the mirror universe is populated by evil versions of all the "good guys," are there also good versions of all the villains? With all the mirror universe stuff in the novels and such, there has to some sort of precedent for that, right?

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Jellymouth posted:

So I've been rewatching TOS lately, and I just finished the first alternate universe episode, and I'm curious about something: if the mirror universe is populated by evil versions of all the "good guys," are there also good versions of all the villains? With all the mirror universe stuff in the novels and such, there has to some sort of precedent for that, right?

I've always wondered the same thing. Does Mirror Dukat operate an actual, not euphemistic Bajoran orphanage? Is Mirror Khan a human person rights lawyer somewhere? Is the Mirror Crystalline Entity just a chill ol' space snowflake, drifting around and jamming out to Enya all day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Jellymouth posted:

I don't think it has ever really worked like that. The mirror universe is more just an alternate timeline where poo poo got real rough and stayed that way rather than turning around like in the main universe, and the people there reflect that. I would just read it as an alternate universe where poo poo sucks rather than as an actual mirror image. The title isn't literal.

Mirror Spock bears out this reading I think.