Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

loquacius posted:

My wife told me a story about a recurring nightmare she had as a kid involving a mysteriously-appearing bottomless well covered in creepy rubber hands, until in one instance of it her dream-mom told her to just give the hands a handshake and get over it. So she did, and never had the dream again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIVIDmuJZLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

Dreams are cool. My non anon confession is that most of my dreams are really boring dad-tier dreams. Like my son dropped something in the toilet and I have to fish it out, and the weird dream part that makes it at all different from my current reality is that after scooping it out it slips out of my hands back into the toilet so I have to get it one more time. What the hell, I used to be able to fly or get chased by monsters

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

oh right, Putty wrote a confession claiming to be Jastiger but really he wants everyone to go to his Youtube channel

Post it so I can sue for libel.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Jastiger posted:

Post it so I can sue for libel.

I think you mean plagarism there grandpa

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
no it's slander

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Its actually russian hacking but ok.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I met someone at a party and neglected to get their phone number. is it considered acceptable to friend them on facebook for the purposes of asking them out on a date?

asking for a friend myself because i'm a useless trash person irl

go for it bud, worst they can do is click decline which is a pretty harmless way to put you exactly where you are rn

I facebook-friended my current wife before I had her number, it's fairly standard

quote:

I've worked as part of the wwe road crew touring team for around 15 years now and love my job. I could write endless stories of poo poo I've seen. The environment is awesome and everyone is like family since we are constantly touring.

I am home maybe a month total in a year and have saved a tremendous amount since I don't really have much to spend my income on.

Anyway, I often look at the rowdy ring sports forum on here and other "scoop" sites and it hilarious how wrong everyone is on the backstage environment and their so called scoops. It's obvious almost all the poo poo gets made up but no one gets called out on it because "plans change" but every once in awhile someone gets something correct (usually something obvious like recently Goldberg coming back for a match as we pushed him to help sell our 2k series) and they act as if they are the go to source. If the internet knew the reasons for half of why we do what we do on our programs they would be very disappointed.

I enjoy reading people's reactions to stuff and how they would have (unrealistically) been able to make it better by doing it their way. We push certain people for certain reasons that have valid reasons dirt sheets will never know.

Also the best position as a superstar is a reliable midcard and the guys the internet wants to see get pushed to the top often rather stay in their current position.

First one was kinda short and I'm sitting on a big batch of 'feshes so here's a threefer

quote:

I have a good life and fantasize all the time about utterly destroying it.

Married to a nice woman, 2 kids, good job, overall everything is great.

But about once a week I think "What would happen if I stopped going to work? How long until I got fired? How long until my wife left me?" or "If I blew up the house, what would happen?" or "How many gallons of bleach could I drink?".

I don't think it's suicidal thoughts, more just thoughts of how do destroy all I've created. I don't think I'll ever do any of this stuff, I'm far too lazy.

We've all been there

Some days you want to just quit your job and sit in your garage all day playing guitar and smoking weed

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

Cumslut1895 posted:

I legit had a "showed up to school naked" dream

edit: also "several exam I haven't studied for" dreams

yup. i've had the teeth falling out many times when i was a kid and didn't know what the gently caress and felt hopeless and useless.

i also had the "showed up for school with no pants and there's an exam" one at age 33. thirty-fuckin-three and i'm dreaming about loving high school

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Clockwerk posted:

Dreams are cool. My non anon confession is that most of my dreams are really boring dad-tier dreams. Like my son dropped something in the toilet and I have to fish it out, and the weird dream part that makes it at all different from my current reality is that after scooping it out it slips out of my hands back into the toilet so I have to get it one more time. What the hell, I used to be able to fly or get chased by monsters

I usually have wild dreams except when I'm on vacation I have unbelievably ordinary dreams, like I'm just standing around doing boring work or somethingg

CPA Hell
Apr 15, 2007

I like to press the number six!

Radical and BADical! posted:

yup. i've had the teeth falling out many times when i was a kid and didn't know what the gently caress and felt hopeless and useless.

i also had the "showed up for school with no pants and there's an exam" one at age 33. thirty-fuckin-three and i'm dreaming about loving high school

Wait until you're over 40...

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

26 and I had high school dreams all night last night. Weirdly they always take place on the first day of my final year and I'm never actually in class

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else ever have that dream where something terrible rises from Deep water and pierces your heart with a spear of icy darkness and tells you that you shall be a prophet of the elder gods and bring destruction to all you love?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I sometimes have dreams my hometown is and always was a crazy metropolis bigger than new York and with crazy lava tubes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Cumslut1895 posted:

Does anyone else ever have that dream where something terrible rises from Deep water and pierces your heart with a spear of icy darkness and tells you that you shall be a prophet of the elder gods and bring destruction to all you love?

Little bit.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cumslut1895 posted:

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Cumslut1895 posted:

This but it stabs me in the butt.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Does anyone else have the dream where nobody ever tries to tell you about their dreams? That's the best dream.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I like hearing about people's dreams when they take less than five seconds to tell you about them and don't go on about how The Weirdest they were

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Does anyone else have the dream where nobody ever tries to tell you about their dreams? That's the best dream.

What if it's a sexy dream and they're really good at telling stories

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

KomodoWagon posted:

What if it's a sexy dream and they're really good at telling stories

They almost never are though. 99% of the time the dream you are going to hear describes is either over the top ~wacky~+weird or over the top violent, and 100% of the time they are embellishing or flat out fabricating things when they notice you are losing interest.

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Rate my dream plz:

Halle Berry sicked my duck. Balls too

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
gay goon from last page: I have some sympathy, but holy poo poo you absolutely can keep your hands to yourself. stop touching folks who don't want touching

Benjamin Arthur
Nov 7, 2012
Closetfag goon, you basically continously molested an unwilling guy who was supposed to be your friend and got mad that he wouldnt cater to your self delusions about a relationship. Your friend had the pateince of a saint and you should :therapy:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

KomodoWagon posted:

Rate my dream plz:

Halle Berry sicked my duck. Balls too

i'd like to hear more about this dream pls

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I don't dream
Is that sad?

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Audax posted:

I don't dream
Is that sad?

Yes, dreams can be fun or also terrifying.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

sinking belle posted:

26 and I had high school dreams all night last night. Weirdly they always take place on the first day of my final year and I'm never actually in class

Its been 29 years since I graduated from boot camp and at least once per month I'll have a dream that the Marine Corps scooped me up and sent my fat, broken rear end back to MCRD.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I dream about being at work and that really sucks.

Radical and BADical!
Jun 27, 2010

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

wernox posted:

Its been 29 years since I graduated from boot camp and at least once per month I'll have a dream that the Marine Corps scooped me up and sent my fat, broken rear end back to MCRD.

dude that sounds awful. constant stress can do some hosed up things to the human psyche

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I once dreamed that I had to kill Ed McMahon to keep the vampires from turning him and using his power for evil.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

I once dreamed that I had to kill Ed McMahon to keep the vampires from turning him and using his power for evil.

Did you succeed???? :ohdear:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

quote:

I work for a major multi-national company. A year ago, I was on a team with 4 other people and we created a fancy report that automates a lot of work. You click a macro and, in the course of about 5 minutes, the report does what was taking people an hour or more to do. I say "we", but I really did jack poo poo on the conference calls we had. I know nothing about programming or excel, I just learned what a macro was months after the report was done, and I have no idea how this thing actually works or how to improve or fix anything.

Flashforward to today - those 4 people have all left the company for other opportunities. I was made the owner of the report, which was fine when it worked. But something happened in the switchover from 2016 forecasting data to 2017 forecasting data and it doesn't work.

I have 50+ emails from big names in the company asking me to fix it. I have no idea WTF to do and my usual way of learning this stuff (google and youtube videos) aren't helping. I have started ignoring calls regarding this because I just end up sounding like an idiot when discussing it.

is your job title "engineer" because if it is, figuring out how to fix poo poo you didn't build and don't know how it works is like half the job :shrug:

I dunno, I think your options are (a) nut up and fix it (b) email one of the 4 other people asking for advice (c) ask someone else for help and be prepared to give them tons of credit or (d) fail miserably

take yer pick

quote:

I am currently dating a much younger woman and have to be really careful who I tell this to for fear of scorn.

I am 36, she's 19. I understand it looks like we aren't compatible, but none of that is true. We met in 2013 on a Walking Dead fansite so yeah, you can already see she's pretty badass. We started replying to each other's posts a lot, then that lead to tweeting back and forth, then texting, and then finally meeting up just about a year after our first conversation. We live 7 hours apart, but I make the drive every few weekends and we make it work.

My parents know I am dating someone but haven't met her yet an don't know the age difference. They are super old-fashioned and would probably think it's odd. Her parents have met me of course, but we have lied about my age. The first time I saw her she was technically underage so I said I went to her highschool. I'm a natural babyface (thanks genetics!! and especially thanks being born premature!!) so I could pull it off as long as I stayed clean shaven. Now that she's started college it's not as big a deal.

I love this woman and intend to marry her but there is one issue. I don't believe in sex before marriage - I think it's disgusting and degenerate and a big problem in society today. She has started getting more and more interested in sex as we've been dating and she's grown from a young woman to a mature 19 year old. I worry a lot about what might happen, if she wants me to take her virginity.

marrying women who are way too young is a time-honored tradition among the Jesus-enthusiast community, I wouldn't worry THAT much about what your parents think, but yeah you're presumably also a virgin at age 36 unless you're divorced so some anxiety around sexual performance is to be expected. Just communicate really well. I'm sure at the wise mature age of 19 she'll be awesome at that.

fake-edit: Me[36M] with my GF[19F], she has become a mature woman and I am worried she is starting to have sexual expectations :ohdear:

doing another threefer, got a backlog

quote:

Following up from a previous confession - I'm the guy who really likes Dragonball and was considering doing the fusion dance at my wedding.

Well I came clean to my soon to be wife, let her know how much the franchise meant to me. She just said "no poo poo" and I realized I wasn't exactly hiding my fandom from her all that well. She had even seen me perform faux Kamehamehas in the backyard when I thought she wasn't paying attention. She just said it was cute and she doesn't begrudge any of my hobbies since they're all harmless and make me happy.

Showed her a youtube video of the dance and said "I know this is stupid, I know this is nerdy, but I would love to do this at our wedding". She gave me the look she does when I normally say something crazy like this, then kissed me.

We aren't doing the fusion dance, but she compromised and thought of something even better in it's way. We didn't want a boring cake topper anyway, so now our cake toppers will be custom made to be doing the fusion dance. If anybody doesn't know what it is, we'll just say "It's a goofy dance we like".

We're also doing a hashtag thing for the wedding so people can easily find posted photos. We're combining our names, ostensibly to mimic the whole celebrity couple name thing. But oh no, I know it's really our fusion name.

Here's some advice for every goon out there - when you meet the right one, you'll know it. Because he or she will love you for who you are, and you'll love them the same way.

I'm a grown rear end man who loving loves Dragonball and I'll be marrying the love of my life soon. If I can do it, all of you can too.

awww good for you guys :unsmith:

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

You were over twice her age when you started dating, you creep.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You have a long distance relationship with a 19 year old girl who's in college. If you don't have sex with her, someone else sure will.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
36M: open the relationship and have a baby

more seriously, your options are probably nut up or split. is she interested in no sex before marriage? cause it doesn't sound like it and that's one of them there "irreconcilable differences" that you hear about.

if you're serious about it, talk, don't pressure your viewpoint onto her and understand that it's probably done

e: and goes without saying but yeah that age gap is creepy and so are you :shrug:

DBZ guy: I wanna take the piss but can't, I'm really pleased your partner is chill af :3:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah, that's the kind of thing I was talking about when I mentioned sneaking more subtle references to your nerdy interests into your wedding. It's a neat little Easter egg to anyone who gets the reference, and anyone who doesn't probably won't notice. Artfully done :)

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Your qualities in an ideal mate seem to be "into the walking dead" and "in high school." Best of luck with that

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lmfao @ thinking a 19 year old will wait til marriage for sex

I mean I guess if she's as brainwashed as the confessor maybe it's possible

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Buddy I got some news for you. She's not mature, you're immature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Someone tell me or link me to Puttys YouTube channel I will subscribe