Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

that's rad, I want one, assuming it's not garbage quality. With Lepin's existence, it's no longer a guarantee than knockoff legos are poo poo trash for idiots, has anyone reviewed that thing?

Sadly, no. No reviews, none in stock and no listing when it'll be in stock. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Munchables posted:

I wish to excel the most
Unlike all past
To collect is the journey
Education is the passion

I ambulate through all regions
Inquisitive of the full breadth
All Polhemon have the knowledge
Inner energy

Polhemon, must collect
Us
It is the goal
Polhemon, we are acquainted
The globe must be save
Polhemon, must collect
Trustworthy organ
The bravery tugs

Mutual education
Polhemon, must collect
Must collect
Affirmative

All obstacles throughout
Shall deface bravest
Constant fighting
To acquire the zone

Follow along, the correct hour has come
There are no substitutes
Linked arms, we success
It is the dream

Polhemon, must collect
Us
It is the goal
Polhemon, we are acquainted
The globe must be save
Polhemon, must collect
Trustworthy organ
The bravery tugs

Mutual education
Polhemon, must collect
Must collect
Must collect
Must collect
Affirmative

Trap sprung :smugmrgw:

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

AliExpress has them: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32766...form=y#autostay

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

PYF Bootleg/Knockoff: Pet elf Center

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

pikachu has an udder

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Charizard has tits

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Don't kink shame.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Facebook Aunt posted:

Don't kink shame.

kinkshaming IS my kink

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Bokomon just makes me think of Boko Haram. The "Gotta Catch em All" tagline only helps cement this.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

an impressive bootleg x2 combo, knock off a brand with a completely seperate IP.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Isn't the basic design of Lego public domain now? I recall seeing something about how other plastic-block companies are allowed to make them compatiable.

Also, I can;t see that thing atop the bokomon centre as anything other than a soda can.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I was googling this out of curiosity and found a Lego Ideas submission which is almost exactly the same but with a few slight differences in the Pokemon figures, the plants in the pots outside the door, etc etc. I wonder which one came first and which one is ripping off the other one.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Probably a safer bet that the bootleg is ripping off the ideas submission. Or at least, I've heard Lepin (Lego-knockoff) has been doing more or less just that.

Elfface posted:

Isn't the basic design of Lego public domain now? I recall seeing something about how other plastic-block companies are allowed to make them compatiable.

Not sure if you were responding to me, but they're doing certain things to ape the Lego brand, (Red square logo with yellow font and the set number below)

Oxyclean has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Dec 8, 2016

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I was googling this out of curiosity and found a Lego Ideas submission which is almost exactly the same but with a few slight differences in the Pokemon figures, the plants in the pots outside the door, etc etc. I wonder which one came first and which one is ripping off the other one.

drat pikachu got swole af

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

I'm not sure if this video was posted before, but seeing the miserable viewcount it wasn't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ1dvptB0_8

The whole channel is great if you're into knock-off blocks of various kind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd6lkaYorlQ

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Pastry of the Year posted:

PYF Bootleg/Knockoff: Pet elf Center

It's Pokemon Vietnamise Crystal all over again "Tory elf bag gently caress!"

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
The idea of Lego has been public domain for decades. Even when I was a kid it was easy to find compatible products from other companies.

That said, ever since Lego opened factories in China brands like Lepin have copied Lego's products wholesale, even down to the box design. When I was a kid it was always very easy to spot the knockoff brands, but it's much harder these days.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Vorpal Cat posted:

It's Pokemon Vietnamise Crystal all over again "Tory elf bag gently caress!"

Special Accessory - Volcano Bake Meat

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

The idea of Lego has been public domain for decades. Even when I was a kid it was easy to find compatible products from other companies.

That said, ever since Lego opened factories in China brands like Lepin have copied Lego's products wholesale, even down to the box design. When I was a kid it was always very easy to spot the knockoff brands, but it's much harder these days.

So how are these Lepin knockoffs? My brother has wanted that Death Star for ages but the price is crazy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Oh poo poo, Lepin have the Ghostbusters firehouse for less than half the price of the official Lego set ....

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Aphrodite posted:

So how are these Lepin knockoffs? My brother has wanted that Death Star for ages but the price is crazy.

Word is they're like 90% on the mark, with the lego names filed off, the quality being nearly the same as the original legos, and sometimes some pieces are missing.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I have one of their Romance of the Three Kingdoms sets of figures and it's rad.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
I got some aliexpress (no label) minifigs of various superheroes for friends as gifts, and the quality of them was pretty high. The only odd thing was each one came with 3 to 5 hands, so maybe those have a tendency to break?

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

hmm :spidey:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Not a bootleg. Capt Action has been around since the 60s, and the whole gimmick was a dress up doll for boys with various licensing incarnations over the generations.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Not to mention they still make Captain Action and Capt America and Spidey outfits to go with them at retail. I see them at ToysRuS off and on throughout the year.

24 bucks on Amazon even, albeit not as cool as the old set which has way funnier accessories.

Blackchamber has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Dec 13, 2016

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK
(timg'd for long)

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Would be 100% better without the last panel, and I love me some Jezza.

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

I didn't make it, got it from @bootleg_stuff.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Oh, it's all good.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Why don't the Chinese respect the creation of others?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mustached5thGrader posted:

Why don't the Chinese respect the creation of others?

You have hurt the feelings of the Chinese people. Please respect their 5000 year old culture.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

It would also be funnier if it wasn't being spoken by a man who's the loving Daily Mail made flesh.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Some Australian guy on Facebook reports that this is currently at his kid's school

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Some Australian guy on Facebook reports that this is currently at his kid's school

Hey kids, its me! Ricky Rat!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Concerning knockoff LEGO:
The quality these days is such that they may as well be identical. If you can get big sets for cheap, you can treat them as grab bags since they will probably not have every piece.

I'm constantly fighting the urge to spent a couple hundred on a big bucket and lose my social life.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Inzombiac posted:

Concerning knockoff LEGO:
The quality these days is such that they may as well be identical. If you can get big sets for cheap, you can treat them as grab bags since they will probably not have every piece.

I'm constantly fighting the urge to spent a couple hundred on a big bucket and lose my social life.

Not all knockoff Lego is created equal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZlo1PBOB2Y

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Merry Christmas, my bootleg thread son!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I am so glad that there are still poor translations in the vein of pre-housing the seamy-side volitation in this age of decent internet translators

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Look, I know this is 4 pages ago, but I just spent at least five minutes unable to scroll down because I put my phone down so I wluldn't drop it while cackling madly, and every time I picked it up I was faced with that monstrosity again. All I could do was cry "I hate it, I hate it, I hate...!" over and over between laughter until my husband saved me.

What I'm saying is maybe nsfw that poo poo.