Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Who got shot? Guessing it wasn't one of the main psychotics because the thread would still be freaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

spudsbuckley posted:

That last scene with the gang just awkwardly silently smiling and nodding at each other was cheesy as gently caress.

I'm disappointed that nobody has cut it together with that LOTR bedroom scene.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Merle could have shot the governor if he decided to like, shoot the governor instead of a bunch of mooks.

Also I was really hoping A A Ron would have died in the pond and get a subdued reaction from Rick where he looks off in the distance and goes "whelp"

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah I feel like the people saying he was "awesome" need to go back and rewatch those seasons. He seems maybe not so bad in hindsight compared to Negan, but almost everything about him was ridiculously cartoony from his fish tank head wall to killing his people for no reason to wanting to move into a prison when his town was pretty well-off already. As silly+contrived as Negan's plan to get Rick's RV where they wanted and the whistling thing was last season, the Governor seasons had even more ridiculous scenes like him being able to track Andrea down in a truck, Andrea outrunning said truck, etc.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Remember the first prison attack where suddenly it became the A-Team and everyone just shot at each other's feet after making them lose like 2 people in a haunted house with zombies that was the tunnels?

Then the Governor gunning down like 20 people with 30 bullets in like 5 seconds while they were all armed?

That was some hilarious poo poo. Nothing about that fucker made any sense.

Firing an Steyr AUG with one hand and one eye with deadly accuracy was also funny.

I read all of this and it just makes me think the Governor is even more awesome than I remembered. It's Walking Dead. Who cares if it makes sense? I just want it to be fun. This season wasn't. Negan was boring after the first episode of the season. The Governor was exciting and unpredictable and didn't have the stupid lines that sound like they were written by a 12 year old.

Much like Shane, Merle, and Hershel, he was killed off too quickly, and the show is worse because of it.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

This is good now we get to stare at this boot until next year

I like the Tuna-Town Scout idea for this person, but I think it might also be a new face. The "You win but you still lose" note meaning the boat could have been a lure. Then you track them back to their settlement and get your investment + interest back.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I looked through oceanside and didn't see anyone with those boots, especially with the bungee cord top

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Governor was a pretty dumb character but his scenes weren't as exhaustingly repetitive as Negan's and I liked his supporting characters a lot more. The only Negan I really like is the one Steven Ogg's playing.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

some guy on the bus posted:

Much like Shane, Merle, and Hershel, he was killed off too quickly, and the show is worse because of it.

He had two seasons, they just didn't know what to do with him. More time wouldn't help.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My impression is was it was the guy who made the signs+put the stuff there like the poster a couple above mine said. It was still a bit confusing because I was wondering why they would go through all that trouble just to find their settlement and what he/she'd do if it was a heavily fortified place like the saviors, but then I remembered what show I was watching and realized I'm going to think the "why" and logistics part is bullshit no matter what.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Also, i feel like i should be writing an opinion piece for Huff Po about how TWD hates fat people and kills off any that appear on screen.

Fat lesbian got killed last season, fat sandwich man got killed this episode, fat quatermaster woman got shot in the face. T Dawg was kind of fat so he had to go too.

The creators are doing some serious body shaming.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm like 90% sure it's an oceanside person. That's obviously where their guns are going to come from, and they need to meet up with the main crew soon.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They were all stealing food which is Bad

Myron
Jul 13, 2009

It makes sense that no one's killing Negan, because then you'd be left with a bunch of angry armed thugs without a leader who'd probably kill a lot more people than Negan. Of course, that makes it all the more stupid to spend so much time on three different people trying to kill Negan, as if that alone would solve anything. This season is terrible. Season 2 had a lot of filler, but at least stuff actually happened, sometimes. This season is just drawn out, and even if it wasn't, it's just bad. TV Negan is even worse than comic Negan. The only thing that's better about TV Negan is that he can't say gently caress. Actual line from the comic: Get the gently caress up you loving fucker so I can gently caress you up some more.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

MeLKoR posted:

He had two seasons, they just didn't know what to do with him. More time wouldn't help.

They don't know what to do with and get rid of any character that isn't bland and predictable. Any character that wouldn't just go along with whatever the group wants. Any character that would make some conflict.

I wish we had many characters that they didn't know what to do with. Because the alternative is These people go from point A to B and have boring meaningless conversations about why they must survive for 8 episodes.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
So Negan told that woman to cut Rositas face, to mess it up, but then it was just a one centimeter cut on her cheek that'll heal in two days. I guess that was good enough for Negan who is a known pacifist.

One minute prior to that Spencer is trying to shove his guts back inside him. One minute after the cut the ol' chubster has her brains blown off via noscope360.

I think what's happening is that the writers have this wheel of fortune that has things like "Inexplicably runs to the woods, finds crossbow" and "Leans backwards in a 70 degree angle, gives a smug grin" and they use it to construct an episode.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Gortarius posted:

So Negan told that woman to cut Rositas face, to mess it up, but then it was just a one centimeter cut on her cheek that'll heal in two days. I guess that was good enough for Negan who is a known pacifist.

He would have messed up her face if the real bullet maker didn't confess. Since Eugene did it was no longer necessary. It's his whole thing - the person that fucks up isn't the one who gets punished. In this case Eugene's going to get punished for Rosita's fuckup. And I guess the fat lady dying was a punishment too but I'm pretty sure everyone's going to act like she never existed in the second half of the season. They hardly did when she was alive.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah Rosita got that cut because she raised her head to show how bad rear end she is, probably from her ninja training

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

She was just trying to go against the grain, like Negan's tutorial.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I figured out where some of their weapons are going to come from by the way. Spencer was flashing that note in Latin all around to reveal where "all the other big caches were hidden" he hadn't gotten yet, but never told Negan's people. Somebody's going to take that paper off him, find someone to read Latin, and recover the other caches.

I thought it was odd he'd be telling people all about the other caches he had to recover when he was using the goods to power play people but it makes sense in a "because plot" way now.

spudsbuckley posted:

Also, i feel like i should be writing an opinion piece for Huff Po about how TWD hates fat people and kills off any that appear on screen.

Fat lesbian got killed last season, fat sandwich man got killed this episode, fat quatermaster woman got shot in the face. T Dawg was kind of fat so he had to go too.

There is a part of my brain at the sudden suggestion out of nowhere that Rosita/Sasha have some kind of relationship vibe going that went "Oh, poo poo."

Not because I don't think a show could handle more lesbian/bi-sexuals, but because you know how this show is: You can't have repeated niches. So I could only picture some slimey AMC guy telling Tara "You better lose that baby weight by the back half of the season, or you'll go the way of your character's girlfriend. We've setup backup lesbians (TM) to maintain our demographics." I still will be actually shocked if boots isn't the woman from Oceanside, since she will replace their -1 Asian quota, too.

I have to admit, looking at everything through a lovely AMC lens is distracting as hell.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

He would have messed up her face if the real bullet maker didn't confess. Since Eugene did it was no longer necessary. It's his whole thing - the person that fucks up isn't the one who gets punished. In this case Eugene's going to get punished for Rosita's fuckup. And I guess the fat lady dying was a punishment too but I'm pretty sure everyone's going to act like she never existed in the second half of the season. They hardly did when she was alive.

I don't think a single person remembered her name in this thread thus far so you're right.

It'd be funnier if they charged into battle to avenge their fallen record keeper, and nobody else, though. Also you think Negan would have been really annoyed about that choice given her dumb rear end keeping perfect inventory records for him.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 13, 2016

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Blazing Ownager posted:

I figured out where some of their weapons are going to come from by the way. Spencer was flashing that note in Latin all around to reveal where "all the other big caches were hidden" he hadn't gotten yet, but never told Negan's people. Somebody's going to take that paper off him, find someone to read Latin, and recover the other caches.

I thought it was odd he'd be telling people all about the other caches he had to recover when he was using the goods to power play people but it makes sense in a "because plot" way now.

Is Carver from The Wire a Catholic priest? If so, every Catholic priest on Earth can read Latin, so there you go.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Blazing Ownager posted:

There is a part of my brain at the sudden suggestion out of nowhere that Rosita/Sasha have some kind of relationship vibe going that went "Oh, poo poo."

Did I miss a scene?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Man, they should just introduce orcs, ninjas, timetravelers, skeletons, anime characters and ghosts and all the rest.

Just go all out. Who cares anymore? Who wants to watch some limbo master terrorizing a bunch of idiots for 15+ episodes?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Gortarius posted:

Man, they should just introduce orcs, ninjas, timetravelers, skeletons, anime characters and ghosts and all the rest.

HELLO MY GOOD MAN HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD OF Z NATION

i wish z nation actually had all that

AbrahamLincolnLog
Oct 1, 2014

Note to self: This one's the shitty one

UmOk posted:

Who got shot? Guessing it wasn't one of the main psychotics because the thread would still be freaking

Spencer gets stabbed. Olivia gets shot. Whoop-de-do.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So I heard ratings are cratering finally

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Dongattack posted:

HELLO MY GOOD MAN HAVE YOU HEARD THE WORD OF Z NATION

i wish z nation actually had all that

spookygonk posted:

How can you not love this show?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Man, that music in the post-credits scene sounds like an 80s horror movie. I was looking away and thought that AMC had started one up.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Half the garbage from this half-season was redeemed when Spencer finally died, that dumb bastard

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Did I miss a scene?

When Rosita was talking to Gabriel and saying how everyone had somebody, or some strength, he goes "What about Sasha?" and she just goes silent and gives 'a look.' I was laughing because I could have easily read this as "Yeah, Sahsa's pretty loving worthless. I can't think of anything she has going for her either. Wait, Sasha has her scowling!"

But then in the awkward smile scene, they gave each other like a 10 second lingering look very specifically.

It's pretty clear what they're implying with it, and we know AMC shows aren't big enough for multiple people in the same demographic, hence my Tara better watch out comment.

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
I like how they tried to make boot guy super secret like and maybe a nod to comic readers, I had no idea who it was and it looks like comic readers don't either. Lol

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I enjoyed Negan being all like AT LEAST RICKS OUT GETTIN poo poo DONE and Spencer didn't bother saying "actually I already went out to get a bunch of poo poo for you and know of more" and instead was content to go straight to stabville

Also that Rick being gone for so long randomly alternated between a good and bad thing in Negans POV

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Blazing Ownager posted:

When Rosita was talking to Gabriel and saying how everyone had somebody, or some strength, he goes "What about Sasha?" and she just goes silent and gives 'a look.' I was laughing because I could have easily read this as "Yeah, Sahsa's pretty loving worthless. I can't think of anything she has going for her either. Wait, Sasha has her scowling!"

But then in the awkward smile scene, they gave each other like a 10 second lingering look very specifically.

It's pretty clear what they're implying with it, and we know AMC shows aren't big enough for multiple people in the same demographic, hence my Tara better watch out comment.

They are awkward because Abe choose Sasha over Rosita.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Blazing Ownager posted:

I really don't think that was the actual implication. It was about Rosita not bring mad anymore about Sasha "stealing" Abraham. It just sucks because Sasha isn't memorable enough to remember the Abraham stuff, apparently.

E: beaten

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Blazing Ownager posted:

You've made so many egregiously bad posts in TWD threads I honestly can't tell if this is serious or not.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Boot guy is so dumb. A new character! And that's it. It's the most meaningless tease possible. In a future episode, a thing will happen! Tune in next time, for a new character to be introduced, maybe. The plotline of the show will continue, and things will happen. One of them will be that a character wears boots. Will this character effect the story? Maybe! Next time, on The Walking Dead! Or not.

I'm mad about it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Gabriel immediately explains the What About Sasha? line by saying that they essentially suffered the same loss but Sasha isn't behaving suicidally. The glance at the end is Rosita reaffirming her will to live.

Of course it's dumb because Gabriel hasn't even laid eyes on Sasha since Abraham died.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Spectral Debt posted:

I like how they tried to make boot guy super secret like and maybe a nod to comic readers, I had no idea who it was and it looks like comic readers don't either. Lol

Oh, comic fans don't know who Boots McBootson is?

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Guy Goodbody posted:

Boot guy is so dumb. A new character! And that's it. It's the most meaningless tease possible. In a future episode, a thing will happen! Tune in next time, for a new character to be introduced, maybe. The plotline of the show will continue, and things will happen. One of them will be that a character wears boots. Will this character effect the story? Maybe! Next time, on The Walking Dead! Or not.

I'm mad about it.

Naah, it's cool, I like where they're going with this. The boot guy is confirmed as being Chicky Hines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Lycus posted:

Oh, comic fans don't know who Boots McBootson is?

We can make an educated guess based on coming story beats but that's about it.