Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

chumbler posted:

I've been doing a bit better about cutting down on my drinking, but I still like the taste enough that I'm thinking about trying some non-alcoholics. Anyone have any recommendations?

O'Doul's is the only one I can think of. Is there a wide market for non-alcoholic beers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

wizard on a water slide posted:

get it in a box; if that doesn't sufficiently declass you use the spigot on the box to funnel it into an empty beer can

Never really did social drinking during university (which was when i gave a poo poo) outside of a bar, and a bar will sell you it in a glass (or at least the bars I went to)

chumbler posted:

I've been doing a bit better about cutting down on my drinking, but I still like the taste enough that I'm thinking about trying some non-alcoholics. Anyone have any recommendations?

I'm fond of ginger ale + a couple splashes of bitters

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jyrraeth posted:

I'm fond of ginger ale + a couple splashes of bitters

I've never thought of that, but I'll have to try it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bitters plus any kind of fizzy drink, really.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

It's surprisingly addicting to refresh a kickstarter page to watch the counter go up.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
From awhile back:

Macaluso posted:

What's everyone's favorite game they played this year that didn't come out this year? Mine is Downwell

Probably Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations. I made a really good decision to plow through the rest of the original trilogy and Dual Destinies before Spirit of Justice came out, but Trials and Tribulations is probably my favorite in the series (though Dual Destinies is a close second)

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If you're excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, don't miss Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Edition!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

bloodychill posted:

If you're excited for Kingdom Hearts 3, don't miss Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue Edition!

I am looking forward to Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Palpek posted:

While the subject of Star Wars without much lighstabers/force is on I'd like to play a sequel of Republic Commando.

:same:

Either sequel with the same cast, or a spiritual sequel called Imperial Commando :getin:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Beer is good. But smoke weed every day.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Dope is for dopes :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Wine is good

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

CJacobs posted:

Dope is for dopes :)

Yeah, like I'm going to listen to the top narc about anything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Yeah, like I'm going to listen to the top narc about anything.

I believe you'll find that most of America has decided that listening to the director of FBI is pretty critical.

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Looper posted:

I think it is! And the last couple pages agree. This thread should be more of a general chat for games posters than strictly chat about games, imo

Also everyone go watch the hammer fight from Oldboy if you haven't seen it already

Looper posted:

Yeah, I just think it's kind if silly for people to feel "oh whoops not talking about games enough!"

Also I prefer cider to beer

Well, that fight is beautiful on every level. The choreography, the fact that it was done in an unbroken take, the emotion and that last scene as he goes into the elevator. I also enjoyed Sympathy for Lady Vengeance a lot, by the same director.

Also cider is better than beer so good job.

Edit: But ginger beer is best.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

crosscode put out another update, i cant wait for this game to be finished so i can stop being tempted by all the pre-release content

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I believe you'll find that most of America has decided that listening to the director of FBI is pretty critical.

:sigh:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

but not the CIA!

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

Are there any good bartend-y games? My bro gifted me VA-11 Hall-A and its so far fun but the writing is... uhhhh

not my cup of tea

joke answer: dwarf fortress

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Quest For Glory II posted:

crosscode put out another update, i cant wait for this game to be finished so i can stop being tempted by all the pre-release content

I'm really excited about Crosscode and feel faintly guilty for getting it for 99 cents.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jyrraeth posted:

Are there any good bartend-y games? My bro gifted me VA-11 Hall-A and its so far fun but the writing is... uhhhh

not my cup of tea

I would be surprised if there are more than like 5 bartending video games in existence

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Jyrraeth posted:

not my cup of tea

Cook Serve Delicious might be the closest you can get.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The title of this thread should say Happy Shantaemas the switch isnt out until march

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Jyrraeth posted:

not my cup of tea

Root Beer Tapper.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Star Citizen will have a hyper-immersive flight attending simulation, just wait for that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know it's really the Vaporware Scam Of The Century but, deep down inside, I want Star Citizen to come out and be good and also to have VR support

I need more space escapism :(

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Ciaphas posted:

I know it's really the Vaporware Scam Of The Century but, deep down inside, I want Star Citizen to come out and be good and also to have VR support

I need more space escapism :(

I definitely read this as 'Vaporwave Scam Of The Century"

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
If Squadron 42 was release and was a good game, I would not complain. I am doubtful however. It was supposed to come out in 2014 I think.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

In Training posted:

The title of this thread should say Happy Shantaemas the switch isnt out until march

Happy Shantaenukkah

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
And a merry Final Kwanzacy

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah I played some of that when I got it a while back but didn't want to get too far in until it's done. It sh ould be really good.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm glad that googling up festivus causes a festivus pole to show up, just like kwanzaa, christmas, and hanukkah get their own little google banners

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Jyrraeth posted:

not my cup of tea

Try the flash game Drunken Master. It's all about serving drinks quickly and with flourishes. The game provides recipe cards but after a while you'll know how to a bunch of cocktails, which is knowledge you can carry into the real world.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Jyrraeth posted:

not my cup of tea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u17mTefrodo

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

bloodychill posted:

If Squadron 42 was release and was a good game, I would not complain. I am doubtful however. It was supposed to come out in 2014 I think.

Homie, have you considered just getting Freespace 2 and installing its approximately 1 billion mods?

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I definitely read this as 'Vaporwave Scam Of The Century"

Legit surprised that isn't more of a game aesthetic already.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm glad that googling up festivus causes a festivus pole to show up, just like kwanzaa, christmas, and hanukkah get their own little google banners

In How The Saints Save Christmas one of the missions has you putting up an aluminum pole and fighting gingerbread men and elves as your Festivus Feat of Stength while your homies air their grievances with each other.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Happy Shantaenukkah

The Gehstahl dinner portion of Final Fantasy 6 features both the airing of the grievances and the feats of strength.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

but not the CIA!

If Perfect Dark taught us anything it's that the CIA is corrupt and the FBI are innocent.

Or was it the other way around?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

LawfulWaffle posted:

Try the flash game Drunken Master. It's all about serving drinks quickly and with flourishes. The game provides recipe cards but after a while you'll know how to a bunch of cocktails, which is knowledge you can carry into the real world.

Assuming that's the one I'm thinking of, it's really loving good. I never even attempted the whole flourish for points system, I just tried to serve the best drinks as quickly as possible. Real-time pouring was nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
loving A, I have too much to play that is demanding I play it right now. Like when I turn on my PS4 I struggle between deciding between playing TLG, Shantae or Overwatch. Really, this is the main reason I didn't just insta-buy Stardew Valley

• Locked thread