Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

PaybackJack posted:

No new island but we have a Story for Charlotte, that's interesting.

Charlotte's story page literally says there's a new island.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Cartoon Man posted:

Any word on if Cheeze Whiz gets on a banner? I desperately need one...

According to Reddit and the translation from the Taiwanese Video:

There will be 3 other units on the [Noctis] banner. Charlotte (5*) (希兒 says she looks like a cute cheerleader), Mercedes (premiere release) and Chizuru (2nd banner). She talks about some of her 6* skills, so presumably she will get her 6* awakening this banner. TL;DR: This banner will be Noctis (she doesn't say explicitly he will be 5* base) + (4*) Chizuru + (4*) Mercedes + (3*) Charlotte, so get out your wallets.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yes! Going all in for cheese! Maybe two.

PaybackJack posted:

Seems unlikely. They haven't done a 3 person plus banner in a while and the banner that came with her in Japan is likely to be the same in Dark Fina, Luka, and Elle

:frogout:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 13, 2016

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that honestly seems like a really good banner in general, I know I've heard a lot of good things about Mercedes too.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Gumi wins again. They put Lightning on a poo poo crappy banner and get everybody to spend money chasing her. Then they release a killer banner the next week with the new FF15 character everybody wants cause they like the new game. This upcoming banner sounds almost as good as the FF3 banner was.

Here's Mercedes:
https://exviuswiki.com/Mercedes

:dong:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Dec 13, 2016

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cartoon Man posted:

Gumi wins again. They put Lightning on a poo poo crappy banner and get everybody to spend money chasing her. Then they release a killer banner the next week with the new FF15 character everybody wants cause they like the new game. This upcoming banner sounds almost as good as the FF3 banner was.

Here's Mercedes:
https://exviuswiki.com/Mercedes

:dong:

She looks pretty underwhelming.

Mostly because the best axe in the game currently is only +55 ATK.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

m.hache posted:

She looks pretty underwhelming.

Mostly because the best axe in the game currently is only +55 ATK.

Well her TMR is a +125 ATK water elemental axe so you can make her decent if you put in the work.

E: vvvv Also her final attack is a 2.7x that applies -20% water resist so yeah, she's built around getting her Viking Axe.

Washin Tong fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 13, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Washin Tong posted:

Well her TMR is a +125 ATK water elemental axe so you can make her decent if you put in the work.

And she has built in axe mastery that increases axe damag by 50%. She's no Lightning or Luneth, and probably needs her TM axe and a dual wield, but she's better than a lot of the garbage banners we've had lately.

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Maybe Noctis will be so good i wont have to wait on Orlandu.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

She'll be better than Bartz at 6 in terms of raw damage, probably Firion at 6 as well, although both of them have more utility. Katana selection makes running more than 1 of her less viable. Compared to the others.

Isn't Firion top 10 in JP? So I guess he will be pretty decent once his 6* and enhancements hit.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Go RV! posted:

Charlotte's story page literally says there's a new island.

I meant to say Region, unless that island is part of the next region: Zoldaad Empire. Seems weird that we'd get two story updates back to back though. Any of you JP players want to give us the scoop.

Vax posted:

Isn't Firion top 10 in JP? So I guess he will be pretty decent once his 6* and enhancements hit.

I remember JP players saying he gets more killer skills, not sure about weapon bonuses though. Either way his 6* is a couple months out.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Dec 13, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

I remember JP players saying he gets more killer skills, not sure about weapon bonuses though. Either way his 6* is a couple months out.

On top of what he already has, he gets:
  • An extra ATK +10%/DEF +10%/HP +20%
  • A meh 180% single-target attack with 25% DEF-pierce (for reference, this is on par with Luneth's Hit All and slightly weaker than Lightning's Blitzes, before the DEF Ignore)
  • +30% MAG/SPR when equipped with Rod/Staff/Harp/Mace
  • +25% ATK/+30% SPR when equipped with Bow/Gun/Thrown/Whip
  • +30% ATK when equipped with Axe/Hammer/Spear/Fist
  • +20% ATK/DEF when equipped with Sword/Greatsword/Dagger/Katana
  • Dragon Killer
  • Demon Killer
  • Beast Killer
  • Forest Killer (+75% Damage against Birds/Plants/Insects)
  • Legend Killer :black101: (+75% Damage against Beasts/Demons/Dragons, stacks with the other Killers)

When skill enhancements come (which is admittedly a loooong way out), he gets upgrades to his single-target attack (making it 230%/Pierce 50%, a slightly weaker but much cheaper Cut Through), Lance (making it a full-power attack and 50% power MP-attack, meaning he's new king of Arena MP Flushing), and Legend Killer (making it +100% Damage against Beasts/Demons/Dragons/Humans/Undead, meaning he now does double damage automatically to literally everything in Arena and most things out of it).

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Does Firion get Man Slayer or Undead Slayer innately? I don't see it in your list.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Does Firion get Man Slayer or Undead Slayer innately? I don't see it in your list.

He does not. He gets the ones I mentioned plus the Bird/Plant/Bug Killer he gets at 4*. It's the one thing keeping him from reaching CoD/Exdeath levels in the arena. Well, that and Barrage.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Cool, thanks. His 6* can't come soon enough.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I've been planning for 6* Firion ever since I pulled him. I'm pretty sure the only things I'm missing to make him optimal are brave suit and blade mastery.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Skyridge posted:

I've been planning for 6* Firion ever since I pulled him. I'm pretty sure the only things I'm missing to make him optimal are brave suit and blade mastery.

:same:

Got Chorizo and Miyuki in the oven right now. Basically for Oralndu in 2-3 weeks. But yeah that's also 550 pulls away.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
4* Firion was my first pull and the reason I didn't reroll my account. Looking back he's quite puny now outside of being another source of Lance, so I'm eagerly awaiting the day he can rejoin the front lines.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have 3 Firions right now but I doubt it's worth keeping 3 of them since for him to be really effective he needs to be kitted out in TM's.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vax posted:

He's among the highest rated units and easily the highest rated base 3 star. But you need at least dual wield for him not to be an average 6. And you need a whole lot more for him to rank among the highest.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

And she has built in axe mastery that increases axe damag by 50%. She's no Lightning or Luneth, and probably needs her TM axe and a dual wield, but she's better than a lot of the garbage banners we've had lately.

Keep in mind Mercedes also has Enhancements in JP, which are:

* Axe Mastery 100% instead of 50%.
* Sea King's Chop 350% & -75% Water Resistance up from 270%/-25%.
* Warcry 100% ATK & +100% ATK Debuff Resistance for 3 turns, instead of 50% ATK.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

He's among the highest rated units and easily the highest rated base 3 star. But you need at least dual wield for him not to be an average 6. And you need a whole lot more for him to rank among the highest.

Yeah, the Altema rankings are trash as far as gauging how good a character is fresh out of the box; it's a much better estimate of how high they can potentially go assuming infinite resources.

Firion without at least Dual Wield and Barrage is on par with Bartz or maybe even slightly behind. Sure, he gets a lot of Killers and can use All The Equipment, but until we get enhancements he can't really do much with that kit except autoattack and Bladeblitz.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't know if the Wiki is getting ranking updates.

There's is a note about finding new people to rate the FF13 characters.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah, the Altema rankings are trash as far as gauging how good a character is fresh out of the box; it's a much better estimate of how high they can potentially go assuming infinite resources.

Firion without at least Dual Wield and Barrage is on par with Bartz or maybe even slightly behind. Sure, he gets a lot of Killers and can use All The Equipment, but until we get enhancements he can't really do much with that kit except autoattack and Bladeblitz.

What you are saying is go for maxed Chorizo in the meantime?

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

When skill enhancements come (which is admittedly a loooong way out), he gets upgrades to his single-target attack (making it 230%/Pierce 50%, a slightly weaker but much cheaper Cut Through)

One thing to note is that the 230% pierce 50% makes it an equivalent of a 460% attack. Luneths cut through before enhancements is an equivalent of 333% attack. Granted now that Luneth has received enhancements his cut through is now a 700% attack or 1050% if his self attack buff is used before it.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

m.hache posted:

I don't know if the Wiki is getting ranking updates.

There's is a note about finding new people to rate the FF13 characters.

It's not. Cysidius is looking for people to take over but in the meantime it looks like he stopped updating it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fiss posted:

One thing to note is that the 230% pierce 50% makes it an equivalent of a 460% attack. Luneths cut through before enhancements is an equivalent of 333% attack. Granted now that Luneth has received enhancements his cut through is now a 700% attack or 1050% if his self attack buff is used before it.

I thought Cut Through was Pierce 50% naturally, not Pierce 25%. :confused:

Either way, the difference is 460% for 16 MP or 700% for 45 MP.

Vax posted:

What you are saying is go for maxed Chorizo in the meantime?

A maxed Chizuru is definitely an option, though she's a bit of a paper tiger; based purely on her stats she's more fragile than most 6*s and her passive dodge isn't as reliable pre-enhancements as Lightning's. She'll definitely do some solid work for you if you have a tank to keep the heat off her, though.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

KataraniSword posted:

I thought Cut Through was Pierce 50% naturally, not Pierce 25%. :confused:

Yeah it's just a 250% ignore 25%. Would be a bit to overpowered right now to have a character with a 500% attack.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Did a mass pull!

:what:

Hit my friend point cap and decided to start pulling again to get some of the poo poo tier TM's that are sorta ok.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
the real secret to never pulling Bedile again

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I am 230 summons and still no Skaha for that last 5%. I even beat Twin Headed Dragon in the mean time. At this point I'm think of farming it.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

HGH posted:

I am 230 summons and still no Skaha for that last 5%. I even beat Twin Headed Dragon in the mean time. At this point I'm think of farming it.

Don't worry, you'll draw a few right after hitting 100%.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
I've been playing on the Japanese server as a side thing and Onion Knight is ridiculous and great.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
What's the deal with the Onion Cutter skill/weapon?

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

HGH posted:

What's the deal with the Onion Cutter skill/weapon?

Onion knight's TMR weapon gives that special skill only when equipped to him if that's what you're asking.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

In this wave of lovely FF13 characters, I want to take a moment and say that Hope is a sidegrade/small upgrade to Tellah, so if you don't have an Exdeath, he's actually really good!

Compare:

ARMOR
Tellah: Hat, Clothes, Robes
Hope: LShield, Hat, Clothes, LArmor, Robes
Winner: Hope

WEAPONS
Tellah: Rod, Staff
Hope: Dagger, Rod, Staff, Throw

COVERAGE
Tellah: Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Biora
Hope: Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Aeroga

SUPPORT
Tellah: Raise, Cura
Hope: Raise, Esuna
Winner: ----

LIMIT
Tellah: Magic damage (2.5x (3.45x max)) to all enemies
Hope: Magic damage (2.7x (3.65x max)) with ignore SPR (50%) to all enemies

OTHER
Tellah: Osmose, Recall
Hope: Area Blast
Winner: Tellah

MAG
Tellah: 110
Hope: 116

So yeah, if you don't have an Exdeath, Hope is a really good option, and has a good spot in any Nuketeam.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Go RV! posted:

SUPPORT
Tellah: Raise, Cura
Hope: Raise, Esuna
Winner: ----

Cura is easily craftable, unlike Esuna. Winner: Hope

Kronikle
Jan 31, 2005

yeah well that's just like your opinion, man
Tellah is not an insufferable little bitch. Winner: Tellah

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
Recall: Death owns in Arena

Can Hope tell Cecils the world over to eat his old beardy butthole and allow a CoD's Barrage go uncovered? no so what a chump

--actually, Golem Staff and Area Blast would be better for KOs wouldn't it, dammit just bring both then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Kronikle posted:

Tellah is not an insufferable little bitch. Winner: Tellah

Well, that's the game point, folks.

• Locked thread