Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah I feel like the people saying he was "awesome" need to go back and rewatch those seasons. He seems maybe not so bad in hindsight compared to Negan, but almost everything about him was ridiculously cartoony from his fish tank head wall to killing his people for no reason to wanting to move into a prison when his town was pretty well-off already. As silly+contrived as Negan's plan to get Rick's RV where they wanted and the whistling thing was last season, the Governor seasons had even more ridiculous scenes like him being able to track Andrea down in a truck, Andrea outrunning said truck, etc.

Okay, thinking back I really only like his redemption arc because if you forget the specifics and just remember "he was a dick who hated Rick" then he works out okay- but yeah the entire time in Woodburry is pretty stupid.

This is what happens in a society where leadership is chosen not on being able to lead well but on being the most murderhobo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

It's pretty clear what they're implying with it, and we know AMC shows aren't big enough for multiple people in the same demographic, hence my Tara better watch out comment.

Dude, it was clearly a "we can squash our beef now that Carrot Top is gone, we have no reason to hate each other and should instead join forces to avenge him".

Not every girl that smiles at you wants to gently caress you. :negative:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Man Negan and Rick must really be gay for eachother too, have you guys seen how much they stare at one another?!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Johnny Truant posted:

Man Negan and Rick must really be gay for eachother too, have you guys seen how much they stare at one another?!

Aaron's actor better watch out!

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Coral keeps winking at me, I think he is into me.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Johnny Truant posted:

So THAT'S why those women he had locked up looked so upset, they're not getting anything from him!!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If it makes the show more enjoyable for him to imagine Sasha and Rosita kissing, I say more power to him.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

So THAT'S why those women he had locked up looked so upset, they're not getting anything from him!!

quote:

I first became aware of it, Mandrake, during the physical act of love...Yes, a profound sense of fatigue, a feeling of emptiness followed. Luckily I-I was able to interpret these feelings correctly. Loss of essence. I can assure you it has not recurred, Mandrake. Women, er, women sense my power, and they seek the life essence. I do not avoid women, Mandrake...but I do deny them my essence.

So anyway, pretty good episode.
  • Oceanside has the guns
  • Zeke's Kingdom has the numbers
  • Rick's crew at Alexandria has the fighting experience
But what is their battle strategy going to be? What is Rick going to do to organize, plan, seize the initiative and get this poo poo done? Saviours still have a lot of fighters, guns, vehicles - and that RPG.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Binary Logic posted:

• Oceanside has the guns
But what is their battle strategy going to be? What is Rick going to do to organize, plan, seize the initiative and get this poo poo done? Saviours still have a lot of fighters, guns, vehicles - and that RPG.

Don't forget about Hilltop. They have...a tractor.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Don't forget about Hilltop. They have...a tractor.

They have ninja Jesus.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Does Rick really offer anything of much note anymore? He did poo poo to keep morale up and lead to their current situation- like gently caress, The Kingdom has some pretty drat good fighters.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The Kingdom uses armor and spears. Really stupid CGI tiger aside, Ezekiel's the best leader by far.

Unfortunately, I'm sure Rick will lead the anti-Savior alliance.

If we ever see them form a phalanx, nerds everywhere will swoon.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 14, 2016

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Guy Goodbody posted:

If it makes the show more enjoyable for him to imagine Sasha and Rosita kissing, I say more power to him.

It's ridiculous though because Sasha hooked up with Maggie and they adopted Enid.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

The Kingdom uses armor and spears. Really stupid CGI tiger aside, Ezekiel's the best leader by far.

Unfortunately, I'm sure Rick will lead the anti-Savior alliance.

If we ever see them form a phalanx, nerds everywhere will swoon.

I have to say the day I see one of these empires pull a Testudo Formation with giant makeshift shields is the moment we see a competent zombie-fighting waste lander group.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe it wasn't the implication, but with the Gabriel scene, it sure seemed to suggest it.

In fact if I didn't misread that scene, my first reaction was "Man Rosita, you can do so much better than loving Sasha, the most worthless member of the group with absolutely zero personality."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I can tell women are open books to you.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Yea, that wasn't some random eruption of Sapphic desire, that was two thirds of a love triangle whose third point just had it's head bashed in burying the (auuuh) hatchet(?).

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Guy Goodbody posted:

It was literally the first bullet Eugene ever made. It was a lovely bullet that couldn't even do serious damage to a piece of wood.

I wouldn't be surprised if the powder wasn't all that powerful and the bullet itself wasn't well fitting/balanced in the gun either. I mean there are a bunch of things you can gently caress up if you don't know exactly what you're doing....I kinda wished the bullet would have squibbed, woulda been a better way to go, I think

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Blazing Ownager posted:

Maybe it wasn't the implication, but with the Gabriel scene, it sure seemed to suggest it.

In fact if I didn't misread that scene, my first reaction was "Man Rosita, you can do so much better than loving Sasha, the most worthless member of the group with absolutely zero personality."

:allears:

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The most unrealistic thing about this show is how there are still any fat people at all

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Lycus posted:

If she was in the process of leaving the Saviors ("Why were you alone?"), why would Michonne want to kill her? She could defect to Alexandria and provide valuable intel.

For the same reason Andrea drove the delivery truck o zombies into the prison

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

El Hefe posted:

The most unrealistic thing about this show is how there are still any fat people at all

Well not anymore.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

So rick and crew find a nuke, rig it, jesus smuggles it in and they nuke negans people but negan was out messing with the hilltop so he lives.

Season 8 is the hunt for negan. Season 9 is rick wondering the wastes with carl because add is revenue down.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

If this show is going to go the Dexter route can we actually get him as a character?

Rick walks into a room where Dexter is crouched over the still twitching corpse of someone who was seen alive and well just a few minutes before. A grin on his face, Dexter is repeatedly ramming a knife into their chest

Rick: What the gently caress are you doing?

Dexter stops, worried. His secret is out.

Rick: You should know by now we stab them in the head, not the chest.

Rick shakes his head bemused and walks out

Dexter (inner monologue): That was close, too close. Luckily for now Rick doesn't know my secret. My secret that I kill people. It is good that they do not know my secret that I see them all as...the walking dead.

Dexter continues to thoughtfully kneel by the still twitching body. The camera slowly zooms out to reveal there are dozens of other characters in the room, all too distracted by a can of pudding to notice what is going on

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Gortarius posted:

So Negan told that woman to cut Rositas face, to mess it up, but then it was just a one centimeter cut on her cheek that'll heal in two days. I guess that was good enough for Negan who is a known pacifist.

The last episode was one of my favorites this season (things happened!) but this annoyed the gently caress out of me. Negan's people kill on a whim, like they're going to hesitate to give someone a serious scar for any reason but AMC keeping actors' faces pretty. It contrasted well against the last episode of Z-Nation where Addison gets the living poo poo beat out of her all episode; burst blood vessels in the eye, broken nose, the makeup crew went all out to show someone getting wrecked. Because it's, you know, the apocalypse.

Carl's eye notwithstanding the only way TWD likes to show the toll on peoples' bodies is in the men's beards.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Remy Marathe posted:

The last episode was one of my favorites this season (things happened!) but this annoyed the gently caress out of me. Negan's people kill on a whim, like they're going to hesitate to give someone a serious scar for any reason but AMC keeping actors' faces pretty. It contrasted well against the last episode of Z-Nation where Addison gets the living poo poo beat out of her all episode; burst blood vessels in the eye, broken nose, the makeup crew went all out to show someone getting wrecked. Because it's, you know, the apocalypse.

Well, if you watch, before she acts, Rosita pushes her face up into the blade. That's why Negan responds with "She's a badass!" and then the topic kinda turns

quote:

Carl's eye notwithstanding the only way TWD likes to show the toll on peoples' bodies is in the men's beards.

He says about a scene directly after watching a dude get knifed in the gut and having his entrails literally spill out of him as he dies.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 14, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Binary Logic posted:

• Oceanside has the guns

finding a way to disrupt or deny communications so the main base can't call in for backup once they're attacked seems like a solid start

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Remy Marathe posted:

Well uh, Rosita gave herself her scar. Negan liked it

and then they killed the fat lady anyway and took that goony guy away as punishment. There was no reason to mess with rositas face anymore

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zzulu posted:

finding a way to disrupt or deny communications so the main base can't call in for backup once they're attacked seems like a solid start

How do they communicate? Does the main base have wireless communications with the satellite base?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Why did no one point at dead Olivia and say she made the bullet? Haven't any of these idiots seen Schindler's List?

Guy Goodbody posted:

How do they communicate? Does the main base have wireless communications with the satellite base?

At the very least, they have walkie-talkies.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Dec 14, 2016

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

Wait, so was the whole point of suicide ladies plot to show us, the audience, that Megan has a big base with lots of people on a road? Beyond his tower of doom?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

Wait, so was the whole point of suicide ladies plot to show us, the audience, that Megan has a big base with lots of people on a road? Beyond his tower of doom?

Yes.

One thing the comic does a lot better is explain how the Saviors operate and it also drives home that Negan is basically a slightly more sociopathic Rick. I think Kirkman loves Negan's character a bit too much though.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Most of Michonne's scenes, in the last two episodes, could have been reduced to a 30 second montage that would have gotten across what she was off doing, rather than 10 minutes of pistol whipping and silence.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

Does Rick really offer anything of much note anymore? He did poo poo to keep morale up and lead to their current situation- like gently caress, The Kingdom has some pretty drat good fighters.

What? Who are they?

Also they are wearing fuckin elbow and knee pads

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Parity warning posted:

What? Who are they?

They are just waiting for Coral and Enid to bring them the skates.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

galenanorth posted:

Most of Michonne's scenes, in the last two episodes, could have been reduced to a 30 second montage that would have gotten across what she was off doing, rather than 10 minutes of pistol whipping and silence.

I think it was done to show cosmic irony. If she had been rational, listened to Rick and stayed put she could have had her shot at killing Negan. She left Alexandria right before Negan showed up there.

But what we've learned is that people who attack Negan become his friend. He might kill or capture/torture someone they know, but not the actual attacker :iiam:
It's the people who try to be nice to Negan that end up dead..
In that last episode, Negan complained to Spencer that 'Rick is out looking for stuff to give me but you're not" - but Spencer had gone out looking and had come back on time. It was Rick who was late to return. That was really hosed up reasoning.

We also learned something about Rick: his best and oldest zombie-fighting buddy Glen was murdered, and Rick was patient. His soldier-at-arms Abraham was murdered, and Rick espoused patience. Daryl was captured and tortured, and Rick was still biding his time.
But when Spencer and what's-her-name were killed, that finally put him into the right frame of mind to fight back. Those were the people who really mattered to Rick, I guess.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Parity warning posted:

What? Who are they?

Yeah they are ridiculous for wearing whatever protective padding they can find.

Binary Logic fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Dec 14, 2016

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Binary Logic posted:

Yeah they are ridiculous for wearing whatever protective padding they can find.

Glenn should have worn his helmet

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Glenn Rhee and Oberyn Martell attest: always wear your helmet.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Caper posted:

I loved the scene where everyone reunites at the Hilltop and stands around smiling like for several minutes. It was hilariously overdone and completely clashed with the tone of the rest of the episode

Someone needs to splice that into Rosita and whatserface's nodding to each other.

Lycus posted:

So, can you actually glance at a spent casing and tell the difference between a professionally made bullet and a home made one?

lol, no. "wow, look at that crimp!" Made me want to punch my TV in the throat.

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm still so loving confused as to why Rosita didn't test that first bullet

Maybe Eugene inscribed the casing with one of those Pirate Bay filenames