Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also this happened while I was playing today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0h8oAmfmtg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Does anyone have opinions on Stardew Valley? My wife really liked the Wii Harvest Moon, I'm wondering if she might like it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
From what I understand Stardew Valley, is pretty much a straight up Harvest Moon ripoff. It's a really good one though, so if she likes that type of game, she'll probably like this.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Stardew Valley rules. Playing it makes me feel warm inside and it might be partly because of my inner desire to see numbers go up, but also because the game is very charming.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

She is worried that she will disappear into a black hole of playing it forever if I get it for her, but maybe I will anyway sometime as a surprise.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Does anyone have opinions on Stardew Valley? My wife really liked the Wii Harvest Moon, I'm wondering if she might like it.

It's really addicting (in a good way!) and fun. I don't quite dig the vibe as much as some Harvest Moons, but on the other hand you can use mods

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Bicyclops posted:

She is worried that she will disappear into a black hole of playing it forever if I get it for her,

Yes, this will happen, but consider: It is actually a good thing.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Stardew Valley is extremely good. But please, for the sake of anyone playing, install a mod to show where people are on the map.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

CJacobs posted:

Yes, this will happen, but consider: It is actually a good thing.

*nods*

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Stardew Valley is extremely good. But please, for the sake of anyone playing, install a mod to show where people are on the map.

This and the F1 key consults the wiki mod. Maybe try experimenting with poo poo at first so you get the virgin experience but have that sitting close by ready to install because trying to figure out what's worth keeping and saving and what to give to people or not can get old fast.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I think she played the Wii one with her laptop at the ready to consult the wiki, which is definitely something I have done with games. Sometimes you need a navigator.

Leper Residue
Sep 28, 2003

To where no dog has gone before.

Bicyclops posted:

I think she played the Wii one with her laptop at the ready to consult the wiki, which is definitely something I have done with games. Sometimes you need a navigator.

The mod is cool cause you mouse over a person or item and press F1 and it brings up like all the wiki information but formatted into an in-game window so you never have to alt-tab or anything. It's such a quality of life item I can't imagine playing the game without it anymore.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Stardew Valley is a good game to give wives. Source: my wife who rarely plays games.

Beat Batman: A Telltale Game tonight. Good overall but I wish we had waited for a patch to fix some graphical issues and it couldn't pull up our choices at the end of the game. Still, that's another Platinum trophy to add to the pile (of two).

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Leper Residue posted:

The mod is cool cause you mouse over a person or item and press F1 and it brings up like all the wiki information but formatted into an in-game window so you never have to alt-tab or anything. It's such a quality of life item I can't imagine playing the game without it anymore.

That's actually really cool and I want it for every Final Fantasy and Bethesda game I've ever played now.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CJacobs posted:

Stardew Valley rules. Playing it makes me feel warm inside and it might be partly because of my inner desire to see numbers go up, but also because the game is very charming.

This is how Let It Die makes me feel. :unsmigghh:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Bicyclops posted:

good game with sage advice

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whenever i feel blah i just pull up this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irc_dew1eYw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm glad that googling up festivus causes a festivus pole to show up, just like kwanzaa, christmas, and hanukkah get their own little google banners

Nothin' for Saturnalia.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

precision posted:

Wine is good

I've had Kung Fu Girl, that was pretty good.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nice

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't know what that guy's secret is, but I bet I would turn him in!!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

whenever i feel blah i just pull up this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irc_dew1eYw

http://steamcommunity.com/id/everybodyinugandaknowskungfu/recommended/259760/

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's Illusion of Gaia!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

For the record, the character's answer to this question is only one of the many reasons why he is an insufferable human being

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

LawfulWaffle posted:

The first four times you think, "boy, Chapter 13 has to be wrapping up soon," you're going to be wrong. I'm eager to read your thoughts when you finish it.

Well I've beaten FFXV now, so it's kind of crazy that there's just a moment when the budget gets turned back on, and it's almost entirely the point after that pointless reveal of Prompto being a robot or something? That was so quick and nothing it may as well not have been. Also why is Leviathan the only not-human summon? Like that's a cool idea but it sticks out all the more because of it (I'm sure the answer is because they had that design for forever). Heard people complaining about the final boss being mostly QTEs and I can kinda see it, but then there's also the two major bosses before him that are pretty bombastic and do require you to try, especially Ravus which I beat with only Gladio and Noct still alive (ran out of Phoenix Downs). More disappointed that at no point does he turn into some gigantic angel/demon.

I did laugh a bunch because I wasn't expecting that final cutscene in CG and accidentally dropped my controller trying to grab it and I hit the home button but thankfully it's just a fluff QTE and waits on you. Also I forgot I saved a few photos from when the ocean in Galdin Quay failed to load it so a bunch of glitchy pictures showed up in the ending.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phantasium posted:

Well I've beaten FFXV now, so it's kind of crazy that there's just a moment when the budget gets turned back on, and it's almost entirely the point after that pointless reveal of Prompto being a robot or something? That was so quick and nothing it may as well not have been. Also why is Leviathan the only not-human summon? Like that's a cool idea but it sticks out all the more because of it (I'm sure the answer is because they had that design for forever). Heard people complaining about the final boss being mostly QTEs and I can kinda see it, but then there's also the two major bosses before him that are pretty bombastic and do require you to try, especially Ravus which I beat with only Gladio and Noct still alive (ran out of Phoenix Downs). More disappointed that at no point does he turn into some gigantic angel/demon.

I did laugh a bunch because I wasn't expecting that final cutscene in CG and accidentally dropped my controller trying to grab it and I hit the home button but thankfully it's just a fluff QTE and waits on you. Also I forgot I saved a few photos from when the ocean in Galdin Quay failed to load it so a bunch of glitchy pictures showed up in the ending.

they made a bunch of cg trailers disguised as real gameplay with leviathan in them so whoops stuck with it

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

lets hang out posted:

they made a bunch of cg trailers disguised as real gameplay with leviathan in them so whoops stuck with it

Man it'd be nice if they stopped doing that.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
just finished uncharted 4, its a real nice game that wraps everything up neatly and has a lot of cool things for people to look for

it also makes me really, really want the crash hd remake to hurry up and come out

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Leper Residue posted:

This and the F1 key consults the wiki mod. Maybe try experimenting with poo poo at first so you get the virgin experience but have that sitting close by ready to install because trying to figure out what's worth keeping and saving and what to give to people or not can get old fast.

Reading this post and seeing that this exists is what finally might get me to install this game

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Phantasium posted:

Man it'd be nice if they stopped doing that.

I have to wonder if they're already doing that with the "gameplay previews" of FF7R.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Quest For Glory II posted:

crosscode put out another update, i cant wait for this game to be finished so i can stop being tempted by all the pre-release content

Slow down there anime child, what's the big rush.

CJacobs posted:

For the record, the character's answer to this question is only one of the many reasons why he is an insufferable human being

That dude is a huge prick.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 14, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
gently caress I missed pacific rim chat

Cherno Alpha and the Chinese one chumping out like that was literally the entire point of that scene. Not because of the kaiju powering up, but because the idiot fanboy linked his brain to the kaiju hivemind, giving them exact details about the Jaeger battle tactics and maneuvers. It's why they specifically point out the Chinese ones are masters of the Thundercloud Formation, they don't improvise, they use a specific tactic, or why leatherback had an EMP generator on its back, to deal with the aussie jaeger. It's also why Ron Perlman flips his poo poo at Charlie Day, because he handed the aliens all our battle tactics. It's also why gypsy danger did better against them, because the pilot didn't follow a plan, he just winged it.

The movie might not be perfect but it's surprisingly consistent.

Jyrraeth posted:

Being allergic to both orange and pineapple
Holy poo poo I can't even imagine that. I eat four oranges every day.

CJacobs posted:

Dope is for dopes :)

dope is for parkinson's sufferers

https://imgur.com/gallery/vNWSW

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

New Hitman or Dishonored 2? I enjoyed both Disnored and Blood Money but I can only get 1 right now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Captain Invictus posted:

Cherno Alpha and the Chinese one chumping out like that was literally the entire point of that scene. Not because of the kaiju powering up, but because the idiot fanboy linked his brain to the kaiju hivemind, giving them exact details about the Jaeger battle tactics and maneuvers. It's why they specifically point out the Chinese ones are masters of the Thundercloud Formation, they don't improvise, they use a specific tactic, or why leatherback had an EMP generator on its back, to deal with the aussie jaeger. It's also why Ron Perlman flips his poo poo at Charlie Day, because he handed the aliens all our battle tactics. It's also why gypsy danger did better against them, because the pilot didn't follow a plan, he just winged it.

I never heard people complaining about that sequence as a plot hole, just that it was pretty lame in a movie built up as a team of robots defending humanity to have all but one immediately explode in the first action scene. They had posters of all the robots and then you get to the actual movie and one of them throws a punch and then they all die.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Palpek posted:

New Hitman or Dishonored 2? I enjoyed both Disnored and Blood Money but I can only get 1 right now.

Hitman

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lurdiak posted:

I never heard people complaining about that sequence as a plot hole, just that it was pretty lame in a movie built up as a team of robots defending humanity to have all but one immediately explode in the first action scene. They had posters of all the robots and then you get to the actual movie and one of them throws a punch and then they all die.
Please do not judge the contents of a movie by the marketing and trailers, they are two completely separate parts of the production. There's a reason people generally hate marketing teams.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Captain Invictus posted:

gently caress I missed pacific rim chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKTG5BuNZpQ

The Aussie characters in Pacific Rim really bugged me because their accents are terrible but the characters were perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's Stardew Valley like without mods because it's out on PS4 now

• Locked thread