Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

my confusion is only dwarfed by my, um, excitement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Shwqa posted:

Yeah there are lots of hidden easy to get gumballs.

Slave is by using the dragon balls and asking for companions.

I did this the other day and i'm trying to figure out how to get anywhere with this class. In order to unlock the shackle do all 50 floors have to be cleared in one dungeon? Then is it permanently unlocked after that? Am I not getting it or does it just suck?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
Can anyone recommend any logic/puzzle games that would be appropriate for a kid? He's in third grade of primary school, so I guess he's around 10 years of age. The problem is I showed him Hungry Cat Picross and it worried me he could barely wrap his head around the easiest puzzles. I think it'd do him some good to exercise that brain a little over the Christmas season.

I'm sure there's a game or two on Android that'd fit the bill.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
Has any else here tried Able Black? I picked it up and it was a lot of fun but way to short. I enjoyed the part interactive story/ puzzle game combo it had going on I just wish it went on a longer.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Blattdorf posted:

Can anyone recommend any logic/puzzle games that would be appropriate for a kid? He's in third grade of primary school, so I guess he's around 10 years of age. The problem is I showed him Hungry Cat Picross and it worried me he could barely wrap his head around the easiest puzzles. I think it'd do him some good to exercise that brain a little over the Christmas season.

I can't say for certain since my daughter is 7 and they would have different interests, not to mention be at different levels but the DragonBox Algebra game is pretty neat and my daughter has gotten along pretty far with out much help. The concepts mess her up sometimes but she likes it still. I'm interested in hearing more puzzle/educational games that are out there myself.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Blattdorf posted:

Can anyone recommend any logic/puzzle games that would be appropriate for a kid?

Scribblenauts maybe? How about Mini Metro?

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

mrkillboy posted:

Scribblenauts maybe? How about Mini Metro?

Mini Metro might be a good idea, the Algebra game, too. The kid doesn't speak English, so anything text-heavy is a problem.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Blattdorf posted:

Flow Free?

They also have a new hex one.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Blattdorf posted:

The Quell series of games might be good. It gets hard in later levels, but it's really pretty and fun. The same applies to Trainyard (albeit slightly less pretty).

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

I can't even look at my boyfriend anymore without being bitter. This game ruined real men for me. Why can't I find a horse-faced hottie of my own? I think I'm gonna call it off and try my chances at a local ranch. And BTW he's NOT a centaur okay so if you want to call him that you can just go away. STOP MISSLABELING HIM

Source your quotes

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Solitarica is good and fun, but god drat does it burn battery quickly :(. I think it's even faster than Egg Inc.

tonytheshoes
Nov 19, 2002

They're still shitty...

Blattdorf posted:

I've always enjoyed the PathPix games--I don't know if they'd be too hard for a third grader, but the puzzles start easy and build in difficulty. I'm addicted to them...

Plus, if he likes them, there are a ton of versions.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kpixgames.PathPixStd&hl=en

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Dancer posted:

The Quell series of games might be good. It gets hard in later levels, but it's really pretty and fun. The same applies to Trainyard (albeit slightly less pretty).

Also Tetrobot. Maybe Lyne?

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Source your quotes

First comment on that horse prince game.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
Important My Horse Prince related question, can you buy android apps as gifts for friends directly?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Shwqa posted:

Yeah there are lots of hidden easy to get gumballs.

Spy can be gotten but used a bunch of the free item codes and then using the code joinme.

Slave is by using the dragon balls and asking for companions.

Tarot can be gotten with achievement. Stuff like getting free stuff off the map, sharing the game, collecting coins are some easy chevios.

Mercenary can be gotten buying 15 golden potions. He is bit pricey though.

Sage is gotten buying regain for your stamina enough times.

Where do you find the free item codes?

Someone start a Gumball thread!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Trastion posted:

Where do you find the free item codes?

Someone start a Gumball thread!

Here is the facebook forum link

http://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...z_tIQQLbGaw&s=1

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Thanks. drat that is a lot of codes. Got a bunch of stuff tho to help my dungeon crawling (rolling?).

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Shwqa posted:

It's 3 time, but everytime after that gets you fragments. I'm not sure how many you get each time though.

You're right it's 3. And you get (I think) how ever many of crystals you WOULD'VE spent pre-discount (cause getting the Reaper reduces the amount of crystals by 10, 20, 30% etc.)

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Malek posted:

You're right it's 3. And you get (I think) how ever many of crystals you WOULD'VE spent pre-discount (cause getting the Reaper reduces the amount of crystals by 10, 20, 30% etc.)
Talking about Reaper and revives, there's a fun little thing about his own revive mechanic.

His revive gauge stacks past 100%. I noticed this when I kept dying and checked the gauge. I had 1500% which is basically 15 extra lives, which at level 4, means I only had to kill 25 enemies to recharge another one. :stare: I'm wrong about the gauge = lives value. :(

So you can keep killing human enemies on the way down to the harder floors and gain a shitton of extra lives.

Oh, and general hint for melee, once you've unlocked the ability to use other gumball skills, try to make sure at least one of them is a magician. Their first cross-skill means you can use all spell scrolls for ~600EP. So you can get access to the better utility / heal spells for cheap, and can use the damage spells to ding down mobs to save health you can't one-shot.

limited fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Dec 13, 2016

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
The cost for the revive goes up by 100 each time, so it's not ~unlimited revives~ sadly. It also doesn't work on 'non-living' enemies, which means Undead and Elementals (you can see enemy types if you long press an enemy) don't count.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

For those codes, it's saying I need to have "reported to the mercenary camp". What is that, exactly?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

CascadeBeta posted:

For those codes, it's saying I need to have "reported to the mercenary camp". What is that, exactly?

Eventually (after maybe 4 different mazes?) you'll unlock a location where you can trade in pots for items, tablet fragments, stuff like that. That's the mercenary camp.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
After being previously released on Windows, Mac, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, XBLA, Nintendo 3DS, WiiWare, iOS and DOS, Retro City Rampage is now out for Android.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

What gumball should you summon first? So far I've unlocked the magic golem and hellfire gumball summons.

Thanks! The spy gumball is interesting.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

LLSix posted:

What gumball should you summon first? So far I've unlocked the magic golem and hellfire gumball summons.

Thanks! The spy gumball is interesting.

Hellfire is a better gumball to play as, it is basically the mage gumball but with fireball scrolls and extra fire damage. It's global buff makes fireball deal more damage and cause burning.

Golem has a better global buff. It makes stoneskin have a 6% change of negate damage per star level.

Edit:holy poo poo you get a diamond for sharing to facebook for each new gumball. I just set the post to "only me" as the audience.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Dec 14, 2016

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Blattdorf posted:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.balysv.loop&hl=en

Infinity Loop

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

mrkillboy posted:

After being previously released on Windows, Mac, PS3, PS4, PSP, PS Vita, XBLA, Nintendo 3DS, WiiWare, iOS and DOS, Retro City Rampage is now out for Android.
What's the crappiest underpowered Android phone that can run it? :colbert:
He got it to run on a 286 afterall.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Nexon dinosaur survival MMORPG "Durango" limited beta opens in less than 20 minutes by the way http://durango.nexon.com/en

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Croccers posted:

What's the crappiest underpowered Android phone that can run it? :colbert:
He got it to run on a 286 afterall.

Apparantly my Galaxy Tab 2 can run it. Of course that is just going by what the Google Play store says. I only really use my tablet as a backup for authy.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Shwqa posted:

Edit:holy poo poo you get a diamond for sharing to facebook for each new gumball. I just set the post to "only me" as the audience.

You don't even need to actually share it, click share and back out when it gets to facebook

Mrit SA
Nov 11, 2016

by Lowtax

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

You don't even need to actually share it, click share and back out when it gets to facebook

Aww, I missed out on a ton of stuff. :(

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Always do this for any game that has a "like us on Facebook/follow us on Twitter for a taste of premium currency" beg

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Went ahead and made a SA guild in Valkyrie Connect.

To join, open the chat box in the lower left on the home screen, tap Join a Guild then search for:

SÖMTHINGSMÖRBOLL

Smorboll translates to "butter ball".

If you're playing this game, join the guild you fat buttery nerds.

Applied as Stigrbrand

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Gumballs is such an adorable game; it feels like a little kid excitedly stuffing in everything they love into a slightly clumsy but really enjoyable game. As I was checking in on the artisans, one gumball told me not to spend too much time playing games and that my friends are really what's important.
I wholeheartedly agree with the criticism that drags on too long though. Maybe they should implement a risk-reward system where you can choose to bail every 5-10 floors and collect your loot or keep going, at the risk of dying and losing a percentage of your treasure. I went Swordsman into the Bandit's Hideout and I just ran out of steam after +50 floors so I halfheartedly fought the next boss so I could leave already.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
If anyone is still playing Dawn of Titans, a goon alliance was created a couple days ago, but got burried in the gumball game shenanigans. If anyone wants to play resource management/lite-RTS/pubbie tear collection simulator, post your IGN and we can send an invite.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gumball discussion.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

Variable Haircut posted:

If anyone is still playing Dawn of Titans, a goon alliance was created a couple days ago, but got burried in the gumball game shenanigans. If anyone wants to play resource management/lite-RTS/pubbie tear collection simulator, post your IGN and we can send an invite.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled gumball discussion.
Yo, mine is "von der Loon#JchPDk" (if that's the right one)

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Baron von der Loon posted:

Yo, mine is "von der Loon#JchPDk" (if that's the right one)

Yup, invite sent.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Yeah, I'm enjoying the whole rts thing. Blunderfucking my way up to being a bit more well prepared is going well so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

FadedReality posted:

Always do this for any game that has a "like us on Facebook/follow us on Twitter for a taste of premium currency" beg

Sometimes it doesn't work, but I just have a dummy facebook account that's just "my-firstname Games" for all this stuff.