Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I cant decide which is the best option. All the food flying into his mouth, being absorbed directly into his torso, or feeding his hammer. That panel supports all of those interpretations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

God, this better lead to Peter convincing him to leave with Fruit Pies

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
He'd better leave a hefty tip.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The footage should be sold to the highest bidder. Some comedy-clickbait website will love that scoop.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Re-reading Fraction's Hawkeye and these panels from #14 cracked me up.

That panel is more creepy than funny.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I hope to God I'm lucid enough that my last words are "do I LOOK all right?!"

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

poly and open-minded posted:

God, this better lead to Peter convincing him to leave with Fruit Pies

Has there like, ever been a book that collected all those ads?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Snap at your wife as she holds you while you lay dying. Feel that love.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

"MJ.. ..you.. ..forgot to.. ..put.. ..a.. ..bra.. ..on.. ..this.. *uuunnngh* "

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
In case anyone was unaware, there's a Newspaper Spider-Man thread. Mind you, my only objection to that being posted here is that this thread would become a clone of that thread in short order. :v:

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

FredMSloniker posted:

In case anyone was unaware, there's a Newspaper Spider-Man thread. Mind you, my only objection to that being posted here is that this thread would become a clone of that thread in short order. :v:

That's a huge step up from various alternatives.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Fantastic Four #527

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Later that same issue

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What's Ben have against Bill Gates?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Who What Now posted:

What's Ben have against Bill Gates?

This is right after Ben finds out Reed has been putting money from their inventions and adventures in some kind of account, and somehow Ben never knew about it, so an insane pile of money is now his and he's richer than just about everybody.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Howard the Duck #1

... does that still count as funny?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

ImpAtom posted:

Howard the Duck #1

... does that still count as funny?

Was it ever funny? Was anything involving that guy? Ever? I just don't know anymore.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Was it ever funny? Was anything involving that guy? Ever? I just don't know anymore.

and trying to destroy the CIA before he even takes office is starting to seem really funny

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Synthbuttrange posted:

and trying to destroy the CIA before he even takes office is starting to seem really funny

This is not the thread for this.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

X-O posted:

This is not the thread for this.

Yeah, sorry, in retrospect I really should have realized the depressing places that would go.

Howard the Duck #2. is hopefully more purestrain funny.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah, sorry, in retrospect I really should have realized the depressing places that would go.

Howard the Duck #2. is hopefully more purestrain funny.

I'm imagining that the "IN SPACE" is said in the same tone as the Muppet's sketch of "Pigs...IN SPACE!"

(Or the bit at the end of Mel Brooks History of the World Part 1 where it has "Jews....IN SPACE!")

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

The Question IRL posted:

I'm imagining that the "IN SPACE" is said in the same tone as the Muppet's sketch of "Pigs...IN SPACE!"

(Or the bit at the end of Mel Brooks History of the World Part 1 where it has "Jews....IN SPACE!")
I dunno what either of those sound like but this is clearly supposed to be one of those voicemail messages where you slot in a snippet about what's going on. Usually there's a brief pause and tone shift between the main message and the module.

Ugh, I know *exactly* what it sounds like but I can't find an example. The point is that it's just "[...]we are unable to assist you at the moment as the Avengers are [x]. To contact your local police department[...]" where [x] can be replaced with a soundbite for whatever's appropriate. IN SPACE. FIGHTING SKRULL INFILTRATORS. CURRENTLY DISBANDED. TEMPORARILY DEAD. And so forth.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Woebin posted:

I dunno what either of those sound like but this is clearly supposed to be one of those voicemail messages where you slot in a snippet about what's going on. Usually there's a brief pause and tone shift between the main message and the module.

Ugh, I know *exactly* what it sounds like but I can't find an example. The point is that it's just "[...]we are unable to assist you at the moment as the Avengers are [x]. To contact your local police department[...]" where [x] can be replaced with a soundbite for whatever's appropriate. IN SPACE. FIGHTING SKRULL INFILTRATORS. CURRENTLY DISBANDED. TEMPORARILY DEAD. And so forth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAsIx3oPY-8

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Woebin posted:

I dunno what either of those sound like
:eyepop:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Woebin posted:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Woebin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reBzU8E_Ajk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Cy9HeM8QQc

haitfais fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 13, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Woebin posted:

Yeah, that's how I took as well. It's even better when the filler is in a completely different voice and meter than the main message.

Female Voice: ..the Avengers are
Male Voice: ... IN SPACE ...
Female Voice: To contact your...

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

flosofl posted:

Yeah, that's how I took as well. It's even better when the filler is in a completely different voice and meter than the main message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UatzGsaWxFY&t=41s

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
From the Gwenpool Holiday Special Mix Up #1, specifically, Thanos's line.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

flosofl posted:

I would like to believe they got Vision to do the location soundbites while Tony did the rest. And then never really bothered changing that despite whatever happened to the Avengers.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

biracial bear for uncut posted:

From the Gwenpool Holiday Special Mix Up #1, specifically, Thanos's line.

Oh poo poo, I just noticed the dinosaur comics reference in the top billboard.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Why is Galactus dressed like that?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Vanadium posted:

He turned from purple planet-eater to golden life-giver in the recent Ultimates run. Cosmic Marvel is weird.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Vanadium posted:

"Because he's joining the X-Men" would have been funnier had Galactus not actually joined a team of Earth heroes.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/809103119183265793

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Stole these off of Tumblr, from the DC Rebirth Holiday Special

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Yes, exactly that. Thanks!