Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mind_Taker posted:

Imagine Trent Richardson running behind Dallas's line.

He'd still have like 1.5 YPC

Could the Cowboys OL create a hole so big that even Trent Richardson couldn't miss it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

You had ONE loving job Dallas. The once-in-a-blue-moon I pull for you! :mad:

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

quote:

"At 5-8, the Eagles are still mathematically alive for a playoff spot. According to FPI, they face 5 million-to-1 odds. The scenario: The Eagles must win out, the Falcons, Redskins and Packers must all lose out. The Vikings must beat the Packers, but lose their other 2 games. The Buccaneers must beat the Panthers in Week 17. The Saints must lose to the Cardinals or Buccaneers. And the Cardinals must lose at least once."

:shepspends:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

All I want is for the New Years Day game to have any meaning at all, even if it's just denying home field throughout or a bye for the Cowboys.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

FuriousxGeorge posted:

All I want is for the New Years Day game to have any meaning at all, even if it's just denying home field throughout or a bye for the Cowboys.

lloyd christmas had better odds

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

I intentionally decided not to go with the Dumb & Dumber meme why do you do this to me best division besides terrible eagles thread?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Stopped reading at "The scenario: The Eagles must win out, "

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Seriously though, I'm at the end of my patience with the Redskins coming into the Linc and pulling poo poo like head to head hitting our long snapper or punt returner or blind side knocking out our QB on a pick. If the Eagles don't physically kick the poo poo out of this team the next time they come into this town. I'm going to be pissed at them, not the Skins. When this team comes back to town again, it's time for Buddy style Eagles football.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 14, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

pro starcraft loser posted:

You had ONE loving job Dallas. The once-in-a-blue-moon I pull for you! :mad:

They better beat the Bucs this weekend or I will lose my mind

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
[quote="FuriousxGeorge" post=""467380991"] When this team comes back to town again, it's time for Buddy style Eagles football.
[/quote]

Beating the Skins in the regular season only to get owned by them in the playoffs? I'm all for Buddy style :smug:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Dustin Hopkins hooking an overtime chip shot might end up really loving them over. Wager they hope that Week 17 game is meaningless for New York.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

corn on the cop posted:

Dustin Hopkins hooking an overtime chip shot might end up really loving them over. Wager they hope that Week 17 game is meaningless for New York.

Yeah. Letting Detroit win after Cousins drove for a touchdown and left a minute on the clock hurts more tho

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NattyBo posted:

Hell, same.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

NattyBo posted:

Hopefully Dallas wins and Prescott plays like poo poo again

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Nodoze posted:

Hopefully Dallas wins and Prescott plays like poo poo again

Yep. Dream scenario for me is Skins make playoffs, Dallas clinched 1 seed but Prescott plays like poo poo and is benched, Skins win in WC round and then go to Dallas and beat Romo. :fap:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Jason Peters was basically about to murder multiple Redskins after that hit on Sproles but only stopped because we don't have any more backup linemen. I hope he keeps that anger inside of him for next year.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
The best part of the Dallas QB controversy is no matter who they play at QB, when they lose in the playoffs the fallout will be magical as millions of Dallas fans start screaming that the "other" QB would have won it and the fandom tears itself apart

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah I would expect to hear rumblings about the thug quarterback if that happens in Texas.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah I would expect to hear rumblings about the thug quarterback if that happens in Texas.

I wonder if there are any Quicy Carter 2.0 hot takes out there.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It's really hard to imagine anyone characterizing Dak as a thug.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Rayne Dakota Prescott is a good man

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

a new study bible! posted:

He's got tattoos
He's black

If he does basically anything with personality or not white you bet it's gonna happen

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
If you think Dak is bad this year just wait for the sophomore slump

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

You must be one of those non-American posters.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

It's really hard to imagine anyone characterizing Barack Obama as a thug.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Dak Prescott is a talentless goon. I'm not even salty about the success, it's just making Dallas more likely to embrace Quincy Carter 2.0 and reject Tony "Tom Brady" Romo. This is all gravy from an Eagles fan perspective.

FuriousxGeorge fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 14, 2016

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The 11-2 Cowboys are actually good...for the Eagles!

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

Nelson Agholor is the greatest WR who has ever lived.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Dak Prescott is a talentless goon. I'm not even salty about the success, it's just making Dallas more likely to embrace Quincy Carter 2.0 and reject Tony "Tom Brady" Romo. This is all gravy from an Eagles fan perspective.

Thank you.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

FuriousxGeorge posted:

It's got to be weird to think Dak Prescott is a talentless goon while rooting for a team that has never had a rookie qb as good as Dak.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Spacebump posted:

It's got to be weird to think Dak Prescott is a talentless goon while rooting for a team that has never had a rookie qb as good as Dak.

listen man if there's one thing Eagles fans know how to do, it's evaluate QBs

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

TheChirurgeon posted:

listen man if there's one thing Eagles fans know how to do, it's evaluate QBs

You gotta know which ones you're going to run out of town on a rail.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Koy Detmer had the right stuff to be a star, I'll tell you.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Oh my god, Koy Detmer Jr.

I know who Philly is drafting in a few years.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

I'm pretty sure that Carson Wentz is a much better QB than Dak, but Dak is behind one of the best offensive lines in the last decade+.

I'm not an NFCE fan at all, this is just the observation of a non-homer.

Sorry your QB is good but not great yet.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
In half an hour on NFL Network there's a show narrated by Dan Rather - about Vince Lombardi's first and only year coaching the Redskins, before he passed away. It's really a fascinating story from a lot of standpoints, but the most incredible thing is he took a team from 14 straight losing seasons to a 7-5-2 record. Lots of my family and in laws have told me about how much of a miracle that seemed at the time.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 15, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

NattyBo posted:

In half an hour on NFL Network there's a show about Vince Lombardi's first and only year coaching the Redskins, before he passed away. It's really a fascinating story from a lot of standpoints, but the most incredible thing is he took a team from 14 straight losing seasons to a 7-5-2 record. Lots of my family and in laws have told me about how much of a miracle that seemed at the time.

And since he wasn't no human being he wouldn't let a doctor stick anything up his rear end and died of what was even then treatable colon cancer.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chilichimp posted:

I'm pretty sure that Carson Wentz is a much better QB than Dak, but Dak is behind one of the best offensive lines in the last decade+.

It's way too early to talk about how good either guy is. Dak hasn't been asked to do too much and Wentz has been hot and cold. It's just very very funny to watch Eagles fans melt down because they got their "QB of the future!" and proceeded to go 0-4 in the division behind teams QBed by powerhouses Eli, Kirk Cousins, and a 3rd round rookie.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

NattyBo posted:

In half an hour on NFL Network there's a show narrated by Dan Rather - about Vince Lombardi's first and only year coaching the Redskins, before he passed away. It's really a fascinating story from a lot of standpoints, but the most incredible thing is he took a team from 14 straight losing seasons to a 7-5-2 record. Lots of my family and in laws have told me about how much of a miracle that seemed at the time.

NFC East trivia: The Eagles were the only team to ever beat Lombardi in the playoffs, in the 1960 Championship game. Now his ghost won't let us have any of his trophies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

big money big clit posted:

It's way too early to talk about how good either guy is. Dak hasn't been asked to do too much and Wentz has been hot and cold. It's just very very funny to watch Eagles fans melt down because they got their "QB of the future!" and proceeded to go 0-4 in the division behind teams QBed by powerhouses Eli, Kirk Cousins, and a 3rd round rookie.

4th round (compensation pick)

• Locked thread