Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Vince MechMahon posted:

You guys are all wrong about the viewing order.

Better Luck Tomorrow
That short prequel thing on the disc for 4
The after credits scene from 6

But where does Torque fit in with all of this?!
Edit: And Point Break.
Edit 2: And the Wheelman video game?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vince MechMahon posted:

Better Luck Tomorrow

2Fast also has a mini prequel video showing Brian drive from CA to FL.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
And I don't know where the Universal Studios ride fits in the timeline.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

For real though, watch Better Luck Tomorrow somewhere before 3 cause it's a secret origin story for Han.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Vince MechMahon posted:

For real though, watch Better Luck Tomorrow somewhere before 3 cause it's a secret origin story for Han.

Also watch the entire run of Home Improvement so you can find out how Brad Taylor ended up driving a Viper to high school.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Don't forget the short prequel thing for 2, also
Edit: beaten like any fool that goes up against The Rock

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

TheScott2K posted:

Also watch the entire run of Home Improvement so you can find out how Brad Taylor ended up driving a Viper to high school.

You should also do this, but in mine it is actually the same character.

fortocero
Jul 23, 2007

I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I love Justin Lin and he needs to get more credit for saving the F&F franchise. He took the 3rd entry in a dying series (2F2F was mediocre enough that no one wanted to sign up for another one), changed it into a more diverse ensemble cast, upped the action and ridiculousness, taking it away from car races to gunfights, and now it's a blockbuster summer series with another 2 more movies slated to go.

Some people dislike 3 because it's so different from the other movies (specifically, no Dom or Brian) but they need to recognize that 3 was the most important movie in making F&F what it is today.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Vince MechMahon posted:

Better Luck Tomorrow

Might as well throw in Turbo Charged Prelude between 1 and 2 for good measure. Shows how Bryan got that sick-rear end R34 that promptly gets wrecked after one race in 2.

E: loving hell beaten like Jesse when he went up against Johnny Tran in FF 1.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
The series should be seen in release order because Tokyo Drift introduces the best character. A person they twist the rest of the series to fit in. You aren't going to have the same appreciation for what they did if you mess up the viewing order.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Scyantific posted:

Shows how Bryan got that sick-rear end R34 that promptly gets wrecked after one race in 2.

Goddamn if that isn't the high watermark of the tuner aesthetic. RIP Gunmetal/Blue R34, may you find two.... two of the big ones in heaven.

I remember thinking the 'ESD Harpoon' stuff in 2F2F was a bit over the top, but here we are, over a decade later talking about the same franchise and they're fighting drones and tanks.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
On the subject of Universal IPs, that gives them the out to save Han. Doc Brown shows up in his hovertrain, says it's vital to the future of humanity and the space-time continuum that Han is part of the team for F10 so they drift to 88mph, rescue him from the burning car and go straight to 2030 to pull off a daring hovercar heist that the fate of the world rests on.

Then they go to Jurassic Park.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I love how we're going to replace Brian w/ Shaw and IGNORE the fact that Shaw just straight up executed Han.

This series...

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Dead Snoopy posted:

I love how we're going to replace Brian w/ Shaw and IGNORE the fact that Shaw just straight up executed Han.

This series...

Nah, the brief document leaked for the trilogy a while back and that's not the direction things are going in.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

PriorMarcus posted:

Nah, the brief document leaked for the trilogy a while back and that's not the direction things are going in.

Leaked document?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

The best thing they could do is just have Han show up and deflect any questions about how he's back. Even Shaw doesn't know.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

"Han? I thought you were dead."
"I was."

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Actually, it's high time for a Wild Speed Cinematic Universe, so maybe Fast And Furious Tokyo Drift - 2 Han Seoul-Oh Gaiden Jam! is about him drifting out of the afterlife. It can be a side story, setting him up for return in FFX.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Call me a sentimental fool but it'd be sad to bring Han back without Gisele.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Lobok posted:

Call me a sentimental fool but it'd be sad to bring Han back without Gisele.
That means we'll have to end the DC Cinematic Universe.

I'm okay with this.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Echo Chamber posted:

That means we'll have to end the DC Cinematic Universe.

I'm okay with this.

Or crossover? Finally give batman the family he so desperately wants.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

duz posted:

Or crossover? Finally give batman the family he so desperately wants.
No.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

well why not posted:

The best thing they could do is just have Han show up and deflect any questions about how he's back. Even Shaw doesn't know.

No, this is the best thing they could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Cowboy Han would be the absolute pinnacle of cinema.

edit: Hang on, so Optimus Prime AND Dominic Toretto are going rogue?

well why not fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 14, 2016

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
2016: everyone dies

2017: everyone turns evil

2018: Han drifts out of the underworld with David Bowie and Prince while riding a T-Rex

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Samuel Clemens posted:

"I was."

Or if you want a Crank tie-in, "he got better" (was kidnapped for his organs, got a replacement heart, and broke free)

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

Better Luck Tomorrow

What about pausing 7 when Dom goes to Tokyo to watch 3's post-credits scene? Or did 7 use/reshoot that scene? I forgot.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

No, this is the best thing they could do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w9DUTcAI0o

John Woo's 'A Better Tomorrow 2' pulls this exact trick completely straight faced. Chow Yun Fat shows up as the twin brother of the character from the first film. He looks, talks, acts and fights exactly like his brother.

Early John Woo was so gloriously stupid.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dinosaurs! posted:

What about pausing 7 when Dom goes to Tokyo to watch 3's post-credits scene? Or did 7 use/reshoot that scene? I forgot.

I want to say 7 had enough of that scene in it, with new stuff as well, that you don't need to do this. I know the main guy from 3 ages 20 years in a single cut in 7.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

I want to say 7 had enough of that scene in it, with new stuff as well, that you don't need to do this. I know the main guy from 3 ages 20 years in a single cut in 7.

That's how hard Dom beat him in their race.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Samuel Clemens posted:

"I was."

$old.

I will also never stop insisting they should have just replaced Walker with a Muppet version of him in the last movie during all the stuff yet to be filmed. Save a fortune on CGI. Not even ACKNOWLEDGE it, just play it straight.

Actually, how long before Keanu Reeves himself - the prototype Paul Walker - just drifts into this series. Mysterious wild card from the future who almost dies in front of the team but comes back shaken:

Vin : But...I saw you. You...you were dead!
Keanu: I...I saw...Paul Walker. He said something...
Vin : WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY?!
Keanu: 'Whoa.'

A Deacon
Nov 17, 2016

by exmarx
The success of the Fast and Furious franchise illustrates everything that is wrong with American pop culture.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

My vote is just every few minutes, drop in one of his scenes from Into The Blue, with no explanation or care for continuity. Just interleave the two.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A Deacon posted:

The success of the Fast and Furious franchise illustrates everything that is wrong with American pop culture.

We have a lot of fun here in the Wild Speed thread, but this is really misguided. It's a huge franchise with a very diverse cast, with a strong emphasis on treating the people close to you well. Sure, it's a multimillion dollar franchise that's excessive and gratuitous, but it's not everything wrong with American pop culture.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

A Deacon posted:

This, but with Disney's Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

A Deacon posted:

A diverse cast of characters steal from the corrupt rich and divide the money equally...sorry pal but that's actually really good.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

A diverse cast of characters steal from the corrupt rich and divide the money equally...sorry pal but that's actually really good.

But there's a runway that stretches an impossible distance! They parachute cars which is unrealistic! Vin diesel is a leading man, which is stupid!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

This is honestly the most diverse franchise going around. It's also one of the select few that features an Asian man with a non-Asian woman, which is one of the few things Hollywood is still squeamish about. There's (apologies if this is the wrong term) mixed couples everywhere throughout the franchise, actually, even going back to the first.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

A Deacon posted:

I prefer to think of it as a repudiation of American pop culture. It understands it isn't Shakespeare and instead of getting all emo about it or going up its own rear end creating a 'think man's action hero' like the early 1990s tried to do, it laughs at itself and becomes MORE outlandish because it understands the sense of camaraderie and outlandishness is what has made it so durable as a franchise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
It's real dope seeing a cast which is largely non-white be one of the top movie franchises worldwide.

• Locked thread