Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Like I think that the gently caress HILLARY brigade in this thread largely needs to get on with their lives, but goddamn that expose on the campaign was painful. How do you have two of the greatest living Democratic presidential campaigners (Bill Clinton and Barack Obama) on side and make such idiotic mistakes? (By not listening to them, I know.)

The Honorable Ed Balls does not deserve to be associated with this shameful subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Peel posted:

you can make fun of the trump campaign for a lot of things but i don't think there's much argument that the hats and slogan weren't a great idea

ya, you didn't see daily show runoff hacks making hats about Hillary.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

docbeard posted:

Like I think that the gently caress HILLARY brigade in this thread largely needs to get on with their lives, but goddamn that expose on the campaign was painful. How do you have two of the greatest living Democratic presidential campaigners (Bill Clinton and Barack Obama) on side and make such idiotic mistakes? (By not listening to them, I know.)

The Honorable Ed Balls does not deserve to be associated with this shameful subject.

i am enjoying the bipartisan hillary hate

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Sometimes, hats are not so good

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lord of Pie posted:

Sometimes, hats are not so good

omg are those still available

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

lol at everyone in this thread trash talking campaign signs like their one semster of poli-sci matters anymore.

furthermore, hillary clinton must be destroyed

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Serf posted:

bill mitchell believed in the power of lawn signs and look what happened

He also didn't believe in a ground game, which the lack of one cost Hillary the election

Serf
May 5, 2011

I tried to get a Clinton lawn sign but they were like $25 on her website and jfc I ain't got time for that

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Baloogan posted:

omg are those still available

nope, they actually managed to sell out of the drat things lmbo

Serf
May 5, 2011

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

He also didn't believe in a ground game, which the lack of one cost Hillary the election

actually I believe that if you look back, he claimed that Trump's ground game existed in their hearts

he was right

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The ground game, as he told you, was in our hearts all along and how can you expect Hillary and her heartless ones to compete

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Lord of Pie posted:

nope, they actually managed to sell out of the drat things lmbo

Campaigning on smugness wouldn't have been such a popular idea if there weren't so many smug people

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Baloogan posted:

i am enjoying the bipartisan hillary hate

Basing your appeal on cold competence and pragmatism means it goes out the loving window when you lose.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

MizPiz posted:

This election has taught me lawn signs make excellent idiot traps.

yeah, that idiots going to have to reseed

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Basing your appeal on cold competence and pragmatism means it goes out the loving window when you lose.
also having no other redeeming qualities, personally or politically

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Al! posted:

yeah, that idiots going to have to reseed

At least the grass has a chance to eventually grow back, it's not like the earth itself is permanently tainted by a stack of Cruz signs

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
as far as we know

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

We ain't one-at-a-timin' here! We''re MASS communicatin'!

Hillary is Pappy O'Daniel, I will keep saying this until it becomes A Thing

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Cold competence and pragmatism are great qualities to have... in a senator or cabinet pick

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

quote:

Turn that bus around, the Clinton team ordered SEIU. Those volunteers needed to stay in Iowa to fool Donald Trump into competing there, not drive to Michigan, where the Democrat’s models projected a 5-point win through the morning of Election Day

how hillary lost: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wBspsszB5o

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

A ground game that only exists in supporters' hearts is better than a ground game that only exists in the campaign manager's computer.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

loquacius posted:

Cold competence and pragmatism are great qualities to have... in a senator or cabinet pick

Or you know, in reality.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

no sign budget, plenty of cash to run ads in Texas and California tho

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

(while being splattered with donut dirt and clumps of grass) heh, mad much :smuggo:

Serf
May 5, 2011

the subtitle for C-SPAM should honestly be Bill Mitchell Was Right and never change imo

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"You don't tell your abuela how to court the electorate!" -- Hillary, upon hearing a suggestion that maybe they should send some people to Michigan

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oh my god I hate clinton, her staff, and the DNC

so much

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I will never concede that Scott Adams or Bill Mitchell was right about anything other than the vague notion that Trump would win.

Wait no Bill was right about Robby Mook being worthless.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The Democratic Party is a friend to labor.

"Sir, the SEIU is on the phone, they're ready to mobilize."
"TELL THEM TO gently caress OFF!!!"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I will never concede that Scott Adams or Bill Mitchell was right about anything other than the vague notion that Trump would win.

Wait no Bill was right about Robby Mook being worthless.

theres more power in names than anyone wants to admit

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Serf posted:

the subtitle for C-SPAM should honestly be Bill Mitchell Was Right and never change imo

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Y'all got owned by the dumbest people on the planet. Insult to injury.

If we lost everyone would go "lamo trump is why they lost, you can't do politics that way" Would suck but wouldn't be insulting.

like, yall lost to the guys who wore red hats with make america great on them. you lost to the people who you despise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XISxIKwnQk

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This legitimately makes me feel better. It's nice to know that the Clinton team really hosed this up, America didn't just collectively lose their minds.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

If we lost everyone would go "lamo trump is why they lost, you can't do politics that way" Would suck but wouldn't be insulting.

like, yall lost to the guys who wore red hats with make america great on them. you lost to the people who you despise

We lost to Pizzagaters

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Remember when everyone was talking about how Trump couldn't match up to Clinton's ground game? Lmao.

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
clinton's ground game....was actually in our hearts

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

This legitimately makes me feel better. It's nice to know that the Clinton team really hosed this up, America didn't just collectively lose their minds.
what if i told you that both those things happened

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The problem is that now we need to do the ground work of getting everyone back on the right (left) side. Things aren't okay until we fight.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Baloogan posted:

when i was in elementary school (third or fourth grade i think) i came in 2nd place for school vice president to a tiny white girl who wrote a rap to gangster's paradise, the weird al version "amish paradise" being very popular at my school. i learned a v important lesson about politics that day.

Serf
May 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Por que no los dos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/809068873173581828

• Locked thread