Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Niwrad posted:

Bulls are tightly controlled too. Just instead of talented people in the organization they have a tightly controlled group of Gar and Paxson's friends.

Also gently caress them for not putting together something nice for his return. Kirk Hinrich got two loving video tributes.

in tribute to thibs, the bulls leaked nasty rumors about him to KC Johnson after the first quarter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Tae posted:

So....what's with the Magic all of a sudden? They've been averaging like 120 points the last couple of weeks, which is not what I expect from that roster, much less a Vogel coached offense.

a Tae sample size post

edit: I actually looked and said the same thing, I just wanted to poke you in the ribs

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

Zogo posted:

RW played alongside KD (one of the greatest scorers in NBA history) and still put up bad FG shooting numbers every year.

AIs FG shooting in Denver was bad too. In 21 combined seasons AI and RW never had one single season with an eFG% of 50% or better.

I like RW as a personality, and his effort, but I don't think he gets enough calls to make it worth his difficult drives.. I got no numbers.

I missed the Harden chat, wooo0000

Femur fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 14, 2016

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
free King Zing, free AD, free Boogie

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Redgrendel2001 posted:

One of his favorite hobbies is to stalk and harass Chandler Parsons when Parsons tries to live broadcast on Instagram/FB.

Parsons tried to do one the other day and Embiid just filled up the chat with: "Are you a virgin?"

This is incredible. Does he know Chandler Parsons at all or is he just an easy target

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Apparently he became buddies with Parsons after they were both hurt at the same time. He's moved on to a new target though

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Femur posted:

I missed the Harden chat, wooo0000

There's always more time to talk about James Harden.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/sn_nba/status/808926151817175040

"that's a foul three"
"I got all ball! ...also jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Wade got his poo poo pushed in like a punk bitch and couldn't handle it

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/hungarianjordan/status/808878956049035264

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
lol I love that because it makes Wade look even worse

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Spoeank posted:

"I got all ball! ...also jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

YO ref he undercut me, have you been drinking fluoridated water??

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://streamable.com/fl9p

Westbrook owns

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

lmao

has westbrook always had beef with lillard?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm glad that I didn't have to start the "Wade got ejected so he could hide from his shame in the locker room" chat.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Away all Goats posted:

lmao

I hope so, Lillard is about the corniest cheeseball alive

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Away all Goats posted:

lmao

Westbrook has beef with everyone standing in his way. That little scuffle got blown up for some reason.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm sad that LeBron, Kyrie, and Kevin aren't playing today. I was looking forward to the finals preview :smith:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Remember when a bunch of spanish basketball players pretended to be retarded so they could win the gold medal at the paralympics? It was 17 years ago today that they were ordered to return their medals. I have this date on my calendar to remind myself how terrible people can be, even basketball players.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Remember when a bunch of spanish basketball players pretended to be retarded so they could win the gold medal at the paralympics? It was 17 years ago today that they were ordered to return their medals. I have this date on my calendar to remind myself how terrible people can be, even basketball players.

welp

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Could the USA send Rose, Monta, Beasley, Meyers Leonard and Javale?

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

It was dumb but I kind of liked Marquese Chriss throwing Porzingis down. We haven't had a real jerk on the team since Raja Bell.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just saw this linked on The Ringer:

https://twitter.com/johnschuhmann/status/808356199435567104

Spot the people who got paid before the season.

https://theringer.com/the-post-contract-year-regression-all-stars-ffb984e82368

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

edit: Me being super late to posting things is not a good bit.

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Dec 14, 2016

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

dokmo posted:

My posting style can be best described as " a bunch of spanish basketball players pretending to be retarded so they can win the gold medal at the paralympics"

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Are you excited to pay $6000+ for the Brooklyn Sports & Entertainment experience:

quote:

We clamber into the car — me, my friend Craig and a Times photographer, Hilary Swift — and glide down Atlantic Avenue. It turns out that there are three Barclays Center entrances: the democratic one, for fans with normal tickets; the Calvin Klein V.I.P. one, for fans with better-than-normal tickets; and the supersecret one around the back, for players, executives, talent, higher-class V.I.P.s and us.

Gregg drives us directly into the building and onto an elevator, which by some magical means descends to a lower floor without seeming to move at all. The Nets point guard Yogi Ferrell is also riding the elevator, though he is not in his car. We are too classy to ask for his autograph.

YOGI FERRELL!

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/14/sports/basketball/brooklyn-nets-barclays-center-vip-experience.html

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

How are Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe not on this list?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Could the USA send Rose, Monta, Beasley, Meyers Leonard and Javale?

the all-dumb team would be the McGee-Arenas Wizards from like 5 years ago

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Hell if there's something wrong with a bunch of spanish players being retarded to win a gold medal, I dont want to be right

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

Its hard to go lower then 0%

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Nick Young and JaVale being on the same team wil Agent Zero as the star should never be forgotten.

Also
https://twitter.com/swish41/status/809088335268511744

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

It spawned so many funny john wall exasperated moments though

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Space Camp fuckup posted:

It was dumb but I kind of liked Marquese Chriss throwing Porzingis down. We haven't had a real jerk on the team since Raja Bell.

I was against the harm and the petty spitefulness (Zing just blocked Chriss on the other end) but on the replay it looked like Chriss turned around feeling contact and thought Zing had just thrown Chriss's friend Eric to the ground and was doing it out of protective wrath, which is a fine impulse.

Anyhow Tyson Chandler won the game and Melo lost it. Kyle O'Quinn's beard looks slight and feminine next to the true item :[

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Yeah but to send them to the Special Olympics you would have to get Arenas to unretire, and you would have to get Crittenton out of jail

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Evan Turners true shooting only dropped from .513 to .509, believe it or not

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yeah but to send them to the Special Olympics you would have to get Arenas to unretire, and you would have to get Crittenton out of jail

The Wizards had

Javale McGee
Agent 0
Swaggy P
Crittenton

All At once?

Good lord

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I think D'antoni needs to start getting jimmy harden more rest. Granted, the team looks like absolute poo poo without him facilitating, but they still need to find a way to get him another minute or so on the bench a game I think.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Time posted:

It spawned so many funny john wall exasperated moments though

Oh man does anyone have those? That was the best. Between that and his mom mean mugging the poo poo out of opposing fans the brief moment where JaVale was a relevant NBA player was one of the favorite periods of recent NBA history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Tyson Chandler has been one of the dirtiest players in the league for the last ten years, and on top of that almost gets away with it completely.

Although I guess off the court he's like super nice I hear, so maybe doesn't fit the jerk definition.

• Locked thread