Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Tagichatn posted:

Magicite? Wrong FF mobile game bud.

No, Magicite is in this game.

It's how you level your Espers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

I have been playing since beta and have gotten exactly 1 rainbow crystal. Hopefully my luck is just saving up for Orlandu.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

daily gave me my first rainbow crystal in 300+ pulls, haven't seen one since 5* bases started popping up.

kain.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm just surprised I pulled two rainbows and neither of them were fake rainbows.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

:crossarms:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I appreciate this guy's dedication to getting that sweet sweet FF XIII Arena bonus

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

That guy's team poo poo on me this morning. :(

Well... When he had a team.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Evil Fluffy posted:

So Noctis's TMR gives the wearer Death, Holy, and some other ability? That seems neat for the arena I guess, unless alterna is some face wrecking damage ability in which case :shrug:

I've never heard of it so I looked it up on a final fantasy wiki and it's apparently:
"Alterna is a Ring Magic exclusive to Final Fantasy XV and is obtainable during Noctis' travels in the capital of Niflheim, Gralea. It casts a spell that expells an entire horde of enemies to the void at the cost of spending all MP."

So I would assume it's something absurd like group death or another Ultima variant like Wicked Light

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

haha I got that guy too.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Where the heck can I get brilliant rays? I read they are in the pro awakening dungeon and have been hitting it hard - I also needed wicked drops and they are dropping (slowly) but I have not gotten one brilliant ray. There are a few from the king moogle but not enough...I wish I could grind gears for them because unless I am in the wrong dungeon (I hope so) they are absurdly rare or I am just really unlucky.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

rio posted:

Where the heck can I get brilliant rays? I read they are in the pro awakening dungeon and have been hitting it hard - I also needed wicked drops and they are dropping (slowly) but I have not gotten one brilliant ray. There are a few from the king moogle but not enough...I wish I could grind gears for them because unless I am in the wrong dungeon (I hope so) they are absurdly rare or I am just really unlucky.

Wiki says pro awakening is it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

rio posted:

Yup, they are rare and Pro awakening is the only place. You can go 3-4 times before seeing one and then get 3 to drop on the next run at once.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

rio posted:

You can buy an unlimited amount of them from king mog for 100 gears each.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Fiss posted:

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Fiss posted:

Yeah, the low number you're seeing there is the amount that you have, not the amount he has to sell.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

I've never heard of it so I looked it up on a final fantasy wiki and it's apparently:
"Alterna is a Ring Magic exclusive to Final Fantasy XV and is obtainable during Noctis' travels in the capital of Niflheim, Gralea. It casts a spell that expells an entire horde of enemies to the void at the cost of spending all MP."

So I would assume it's something absurd like group death or another Ultima variant like Wicked Light

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxLDqL5TelQ

:question: :question: :question:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have gotten three more ignus lately so i was just wondering does his letter to arms tm stack? i have a bunch of exdeath too so its actually fine if it doesnt but if it does i might want to work on making Mega Exdeath

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Killing Vector posted:

Yeah, the low number you're seeing there is the amount that you have, not the amount he has to sell.

:aaaaa: Whaaaaaat...wow I feel dumb but that is awesome. Thanks! Anything to avoid hitting my head against the pro awakening dungeon more.

Cat Pilot
Jan 29, 2003

rabidsquid posted:

i have gotten three more ignus lately so i was just wondering does his letter to arms tm stack? i have a bunch of exdeath too so its actually fine if it doesnt but if it does i might want to work on making Mega Exdeath

Yes.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
I'm pretty excited for the Super Bedile that is Noctis, so I made a fanarts:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Anyone else having trouble with nox lately? The whole program its self has been super unresponsive starting last night for no particular reason and Exvius keeps stalling, freezing and crashing. Absolutely nothing about my computer has changed from now and the day before this happened.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I did it

100 victories in Arena without MeMU making GBS threads the bed on itself.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008

Niton posted:

I'm pretty excited for the Super Bedile that is Noctis, so I made a fanarts:

Can't wait to brave the waifu gauntlet for husbando super bedile

Nuebot posted:

Anyone else having trouble with nox lately? The whole program its self has been super unresponsive starting last night for no particular reason and Exvius keeps stalling, freezing and crashing. Absolutely nothing about my computer has changed from now and the day before this happened.

Still working for me.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
At long last my first good TM, Dual Wield, is done. Now onto Genji Glove!

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Aaaand noctis abilities out, and he's loving DUMB.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Noctis' stuff looks amazing. He's even better in JP where his TM gives +30% ATK/MAG on top of the rest.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
His LB makes all the pots I dumped on Cecil feel useless.

Oh, apparently one of the new JP characters has a thunder sword TM that makes Lightning somewhat viable again for their meta.
Man, new units that exist entirely to farm a drop that makes previous units better. Now this is real gacha.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 15, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So noctis is good then? Better or worse than Orlandu?

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Noctis has a lot more utility, Orlandu chaining with good Tms is still going to do a lot more damage from what I can tell.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Noctis looks like an amazing support unit. 100% chance to tank hits with a 20% chance of negating all physical damage (and then 30% of countering and healing himself); a Regen-like ability (but better) that also refreshes MP; a Full Raise; a Jump that restores HP and MP; an attack buff and debuffs to every stat except MAG; AND he gets an attack with Stop.

His main weakness is that his elemental abilities seem to be hybrid damage (although his equip passives let him build himself for that sort of poo poo), but his toolset is STUPID.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Over/under: 10% chance maintenance ends at originally scheduled time.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Palleon posted:

Take the over easy. The question here is over/under 2h of delay.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Palleon posted:

Everyone loses, Maintenance is over, THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TIME. No one would have bet on that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Dana Crysalis posted:

Everyone loses, Maintenance is over, THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TIME. No one would have bet on that.

Let's see how they broke the servers to achieve such an amazing feat.

edit: hey, 1/2 pull was a 4* Exdeath, I can appreciate that.

Dias fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Dec 15, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Hanging edge is still on lol

I thought the new banner started today

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
Ludmille number two on my half!

:hellyeah:

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy
Half pull was a Blue Crystal that upgraded all the way to a Rainbow... Rosa.
Blew my last two tickets, next pull is a Rainbow Ramza.
Then I got a blue hayate. Excitement over.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Dana Crysalis posted:

Maintenance is over, THIRTY MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED TIME

:psypop:

Everyone: Noctis + new stuff starts tomorrow.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Vax posted:

You can do Charlotte's thing but yeah the new banner and Maze start tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Vax posted:

Hey Vax, can you link a version of Memu 2.8.6? They don't seem to have previous versions on their main website, and anything that comes up after the 5th link on a google search I don't trust.

• Locked thread