Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Doggy Bastard
Dec 18, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This was actually only 7 weeks ago in the show's timeline.

I was fine with this, having newly turned zombies be more intelligent- but they stopped doing that for some reason, past the first season even newly turned zombies with fresh bodies are sluggish and slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I try really hard to not get mad at the horrible poo poo zombie show but whenever they stab through s fresh skull like slightly chilled butter I get so loving pissed. Just put it in their loving eyeball and I won't even say anything. They just did it to Spencer and I just can't handle it anymore.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Lycus posted:

Of course, it's not like zombies aren't magic anyway.

poo poo writing is poo poo writing even when there's magic involved.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

TOOT BOOT posted:

poo poo writing is poo poo writing even when there's magic involved.

You might as well just stop watching all zombie movies/shows, because their teeth and muscle strength being "realistic" would make them no threat.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They need to do something with the zombies in this zombie show. Either get rid of them entirely or make them a serious threat again. How do the comics end? I'm trying to imagine how'd they could actually finish this poo poo off and I got nothing.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Man they do some zany thing with zombies in every episode.

Lake zombies, helicopter zombies, mud zombies, sand zombies, melted pavement zombies, tree stand zombies, quarry zombies, family zombies, armored zombies, well zombie

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Funky See Funky Do posted:

How do the comics end?

They don't. That was the entire premise behind the series.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

This is all the Governor's fault because he was awesome and died before the creator was ready

Are you saying he died on the show before Kirkman was done with him? Or in the comic? Because he wasn't around too terribly long in the comics but in the show I felt he overstayed his welcome. Did Kirkman have a different plan for him on the show and it ended up not happening?

Rosita and Sacha are not lesbians. I don't know how people could get that from what was seen

And with the news that Sonequa Martin-Green is leaving to be the captain on the new Star Trek I am 100% certain of what is going to happen to her. This season is not for the faint of heart

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

The zombies are far more interesting and disturbing if they show that they have vague memories of what they used to be... Even if it is just basic motor responses and stuff...and then still go and tear people apart

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

happyhippy posted:

Just had a shower thought, Carol and Daryl have swapped characters since the first season.
Daryl clearly was his big brother's bitch at any and all given moments during the first season. How has he swapped roles with Carol in that season?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Remember when Carol bashed in a dude's head in the first season?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Caper posted:

Are you saying he died on the show before Kirkman was done with him? Or in the comic? Because he wasn't around too terribly long in the comics but in the show I felt he overstayed his welcome. Did Kirkman have a different plan for him on the show and it ended up not happening?

Rosita and Sacha are not lesbians. I don't know how people could get that from what was seen

And with the news that Sonequa Martin-Green is leaving to be the captain on the new Star Trek I am 100% certain of what is going to happen to her. This season is not for the faint of heart

Do you think she'll have a bag over her head?

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

Fitzy Fitz posted:

That is exactly what I think.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

You piqued my curiosity last night so I went and read issue summaries. I'd say you're right on the money...

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Well please do elaborate on what any of this means

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Zzulu posted:

Well please do elaborate on what any of this means

Well, OK, this is the page: http://www.readcomics.tv/the-walking-dead/chapter-119/21

Spoilers obviously.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Caper posted:

That is exactly what I think.

Oh gently caress yeah. The only things I'm looking forward to out of cherry-picking what eps I watch in this show are how Negan just fucks some people up. Hopefully in the future we'll see Heath's head on a pike and the idiot leader of the Hilltop get thrown into the zombie wall.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Well, OK, this is the page: http://www.readcomics.tv/the-walking-dead/chapter-119/21

Spoilers obviously.

Funny enough they did this on Fear the Walking Dead, only it was our heroes who did it and not the villain.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Funny enough they did this on Fear the Walking Dead, only it was our heroes who did it and not the villain.

Hopefully we'll have a crossover in the future where the protags from FTWD show up years later (in their timeline) on current TWD as the new Big Bads of the season. :allears:

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Walking Dead S7- Carl, pass the rolls.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

The Walking Dead S7 - Can I touch it, Coral?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

pookerbug posted:

He's knows how dangerous these people are and that he's only subdued them to a certain degree. The logical thing to do at that point would be to either ease off on them a bit or to flat out kill them all. So what does he do? He provokes them. He has put them in this impossible situation and provokes them to see how these violent, resourceful people will find a way out of it. Hell, deep down in some sick way, he's probably hoping they'll succeed. That's why he kills Spencer. That's why he doesn't kill Carl. He's not a tyrant. He's an agent of chaos, an avatar for the writers, and a metaphor for the Devil.

GOLDEN PATH!

Fog Tripper fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 15, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

The Fear characters are more villainous than the villains of TWD, but the writers think they are being super clever and that they're good guys so it's an hilarious disconnect.

That and "Like, what if the dead were like, our friends man" writing is the most amusing thing about that poo poo show. It's a trainwreck.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
At least they killed the whiny kid and it was a Good Kill

I need to make a gif of that and it's not a spoiler because that show is legit dumb

like Chris could have been an interesting character but then they were like "eh, gently caress it. that sounds hard"

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

At least they killed the whiny kid and it was a Good Kill

I need to make a gif of that and it's not a spoiler because that show is legit dumb

He had, bar none, the funniest loving death in the whole show. Possibly the whole franchise.

Basically he went total black hat, fell in with frat boys that murder their friends for literally no reason, gave his dad a bunch of stupid 'this is how the world is!' speeches TWD loves, and drove off with them.

He flipped the car and got shot in the head in less than 6 hours. Nothing even made him flip really. He literally pulled a Lori but doubled down on it with people riding in loving back. He didn't even last one full loving day.

They then shot him in the head because he was such a huge, huge, huge gently caress up and injured himself and the idiot writers made the frat boys kill anybody that couldn't go with them instead of just.. uh.. leaving them?

I have a feeling they'll try to retcon this as a false narrative or something down the line but I desperately hope they don't.

Sjs00 posted:

Zombies can't 'hold' weapons, nor do they have the intelligence to pick poo poo up. They were clearly trying to defend themselves with a brick/etc. and died with it still clutched in their hands; rigormortis kept it there. Literally a 1/1000 chance which is why we don't see it more.

Tell that to the zombies that picked up big rocks to bash the department store door down in episode 2.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 15, 2016

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lycus posted:

You might as well just stop watching all zombie movies/shows, because their teeth and muscle strength being "realistic" would make them no threat.

Zzulu posted:

The zombies are far more interesting and disturbing if they show that they have vague memories of what they used to be... Even if it is just basic motor responses and stuff...and then still go and tear people apart

It continues to annoy me greatly that zombies forgot how to pick stuff up and use tools. That shot of the girl picking the bear was creepy, and zombies now would never do that. It also made them a totally legitimate threat against armored targets, and a pretty good way to bash down doors and such. The ability to pick up and use pummeling items made up for their lack of run speed as a threat factor.

Then the writers forgot all this and instead nerf'ed the humans because zombies were too UP rather than just fixing the loving zombies.

Old Doggy Bastard posted:

I was fine with this, having newly turned zombies be more intelligent- but they stopped doing that for some reason, past the first season even newly turned zombies with fresh bodies are sluggish and slow.

It so annoys me when zombie properties claim that the longer a zombie goes on, the slower/dumber/weaker it gets. Not because I dislike the concept, I do, but it's always used as a lazy way to hand wave inconsistent zombie behavior and it plays by no rules - a fresh zombie acts just like a 3 year old zombie.

Which is a shame because like I said I do like the idea. If it was consistent and acknowledged by the characters in-universe, I'd dare say it'd be neat. But literally every single show/movie that's done this - starting with the remake Dawn of the Dead as an excuse why they could run - has hosed it up.

Caper posted:

That new show is supposed to take place in different time periods each season with a new crew every time, so it's not a death sentence necessarily. For example the reason Mr. Dreadlock made a cameo and disappeared again after going with Tara (who had to take time off due to pregnancy) is because he was filming 24. They could have just ganked him but instead have sidelined him.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 15, 2016

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They should have a bunch of zombie soldiers with the muscle memory for using M-16s.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

That new show is supposed to take place in different time periods each season with a new crew every time, so it's not a death sentence necessarily.
Nah, that was just an unconfirmed rumor. As far as we know It's going to be the same characters and setting for the whole series.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Blazing Ownager posted:

Tell that to the zombies that picked up big rocks to bash the department store door down in episode 2.
That's more or less what I was referring to with the whole rigormortis shtick. But I guess the answer really is poo poo writing.

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh gently caress yeah. The only things I'm looking forward to out of cherry-picking what eps I watch in this show are how Negan just fucks some people up. Hopefully in the future we'll see Heath's head on a pike and the idiot leader of the Hilltop get thrown into the zombie wall.

While that particular sequence is great in the comic book if you read a little bit further he actually survives the fall somehow.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Fear the Walking Dead Chris Crash
http://tinyurl.com/zra8tdu
Linked to save the people that are concerned with some dumbass kid on a dumbass show

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

Linked to save the people that are concerned with some dumbass kid on a dumbass show

lol what the gently caress?

I need to watch the second season of this.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Blazing Ownager posted:

He had, bar none, the funniest loving death in the whole show. Possibly the whole franchise.

The entire thing with the bros was amazing. These dudes end up on a farm with plenty of chickens and Travis suggests they could survive off of eggs for a long time. They give him a "yeah right grandma!!" response and then immediately eat every chicken.

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

moist turtleneck posted:

Ninja tent beats ninja horse for sure.

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

moist turtleneck posted:

I have to watch this now, thanks. Do they not have brakes in the zombie apocalypse? Why are they driving so fast if there are non-sentient tents and zombies in the roadway?

I also thought Sasha would get the bag over her head and Michonne, with her gun training (she doesn't use guns, people thought this was weird but she needs practice) I think she's going to be Andrea, as people say she usually is.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

moist turtleneck posted:

See? I wasn't exaggerating even a little bit when I said he doubled down on a Lori

Again this is far, far, far funnier in context because this happened less than a day after going off on his own.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

lol what the gently caress?

I need to watch the second season of this.

It's so full of stupid it's kind of amazing.

My favorite moments from last season were (Major spoiler - but it's Fear so gently caress it) evacuating a whole town because the unstoppable armies of the Cartel were showing up and there's no way they could win.

Then they show the Cartel raid and it consists of 8 dudes who CREEP their way through a zombie moat in full view of literally a half dozen sniper towers, charge blindly into the center of town, fire off ALL their bullets, then get killed by the zombie moat zombies. Those idiots couldn't have taken over a 711 let alone a town.
Of course smaller stupid moments of comedy (MINOR SPOILER) like when that one Cartel guy decided to stop in front of a horde of zombies and slowly reload his revolver until he was eaten instead of just walking back to the car and having his assault rifle buddies shoot Nick made me laugh my rear end off. In particular since it was implied that Nick feasted on somebody's corpse with the horde.

Fear is made of stupid. Actually what is the thread policy? Do we even have to spoiler last year's Fear here? I normally wouldn't want to ruin another show but like, holy poo poo.

The entire thing with the bros was amazing. These dudes end up on a farm with plenty of chickens and Travis suggests they could survive off of eggs for a long time. They give him a "yeah right grandma!!" response and then immediately eat every chicken.

Yep, and I love how they go through so much trouble to kill their friend instead of just leaving him behind because of some convoluted logic nobody would ever use ever, except the writers.

Usually when I say this, it's sarcastic or for comedic effect, but I think the writers take a LOOOOOOOOOOOT of drugs while writing that show. The ideas are often at once pretentious and dumb as gently caress.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 15, 2016

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Sjs00 posted:

While that particular sequence is great in the comic book if you read a little bit further he actually survives the fall somehow.

While comic book talk is cool and good and all adults should read comic books, perhaps don't post stuff like this in the show thread.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

moist turtleneck posted:

Hahaha. I haven't watched past the first season and may get the DVRed eps up and running just to witness this in context. Holy poo poo did Lori teach him how to drive?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Hahaha and somehow the guys sleeping in the truck bed walk away barely injured. Jfc that show.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
I don't want to trawl the thread in case of spoilers, but can anyone explain the purpose of the zombie 'farm' at Negan's compound? It seems they send guys in to prod at them, impale them on spikes, put buckets on and off their heads, but I haven't a loving clue why they are doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

They're getting video for Negan's zombie-shaming blog.