Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

bamhand posted:

Yeah I went to lay down afterward and suddenly it was half an hour later.

Erging is the worst. Split is your time to row 500m at your current speed. It's the main measure of speed that is displayed on the monitor.

Oh poo poo, you were moving. Def earned your place in posting Valhalla, shiny and chrome and all that.

e did 500m x 6, the 2nd 500 fast (only one) at 1:39 and i still want to die. can't imagine doing that much rowing at your pace

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Seated Good Mornings, no belt 500 X 5.
Ab Wheel with two 45lb plates on my back X 5.

That's it. Deadlift workout without deadlifts.

This is what seated gms look like.

https://towniepowerlifting.com/2016/07/31/konstantin-konstantinovs-with-some-serious-seated-goodmornings/

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

That's a good explanation.

I've never heard of someone getting injured with an ab wheel. Humans are amazing.

Shortly after I blew my back out way back in 2013, I was doing ab wheels while it was still recovering and managed to re gently caress it. Abs, not even once.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Just kidding I do abs literally every day now

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Just kidding I do abs literally every day now

Have you regained monster status? 220 yet?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU8Dh6eY33M

naem
May 29, 2011

I do abs until it looks like a potbelly then people are scared when it's solid/ribbed

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

naem posted:

looks like a potbelly

That's because you eat too much. Trust me. I'm an expert.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I'm dumb

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Have you regained monster status? 220 yet?

Nah hovering at 200 while trying to stay lean. Upper body is catching up fast but lower body is not so I'm gonna switch up my routine to blast legs first thing in the week then chest and back. As it is I get too rocked out on Monday and Tuesday to really go hard on legs on Wednesday so they're suffering a bit. Also probably gonna switch back to strength centric training rather than idiot bodybuilder poo poo with huge volume.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Defiant Sally posted:

Nah hovering at 200 while trying to stay lean. Upper body is catching up fast but lower body is not so I'm gonna switch up my routine to blast legs first thing in the week then chest and back. As it is I get too rocked out on Monday and Tuesday to really go hard on legs on Wednesday so they're suffering a bit. Also probably gonna switch back to strength centric training rather than idiot bodybuilder poo poo with huge volume.

I beliebe in you. Don't cripple yourself doing idiot strength poo poo.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
lol if u lift for strength

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Dum Cumpster posted:

I beliebe in you. Don't cripple yourself doing idiot strength poo poo.

I'm sure I'll change my mind after about a month max. Just wanna get back to benching 315+ every week.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Homestar Runner posted:

lol if u lift for strength
You're missing the fun progression part if you don't also lift for strength.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Khorne posted:

Yeah, 5/3/1 mixed in with a PPL hypertrophy programme is fun. Also painful, but definitely fun.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Barbell rear delt rows are fun too I had never done them before today and woweee

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Fallows posted:

Barbell rear delt rows are fun too I had never done them before today and woweee

Pay attention to your lower back, make sure you're not wrenching it when you pull heavy, otherwise you risk getting a sprain.

:smith:

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Khorne posted:

IDGAF about whatever number is stamped on the fuckin plate because real progress is in the mirror

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Homestar Runner posted:

IDGAF about whatever number is stamped on the fuckin plate because real progress is in the mirror

Can't we have both?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

E_P posted:

I think DDD just has a super low threshold for pain and what everyone else considers manageable and/or growth associated pain DDD considers debilitating.

Nah, actually. The only thing that's really hurt bad is my knee a couple of times when the problem first flared up, and when I pulled my back at work that hurt for a day. Mostly I get paranoid something will keep me from being able to lift. I replaced my drug addiction with lifting in a way and I guess the obsessive aspects of it carried over.

e: in fact the only reason the wrist injury became a thing is because I kept ignoring the small little pains when curling, just thinking "stupid baby wrists"

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 15, 2016

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Nah, actually. The only thing that's really hurt bad is my knee a couple of times when the problem first flared up, and when I pulled my back at work that hurt for a day. Mostly I get paranoid something will keep me from being able to lift. I replaced my drug addiction with lifting in a way and I guess the obsessive aspects of it carried over.

It probably sounds banal, but I'm really happy for you, if you've got an addictive personality, there are definitely worse things to apply it to than keeping fit. I guess the one thing to really watch out for is overreaching, particularly on strength days.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Thanks man. Yeah, I think that's why this PHUL thing is going to work better for me. I'm basically forced to go lighter on the volume days if I want to complete all the sets and I'm only really going for a weight PR once a week.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Homestar Runner posted:

Same but the opposite.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Fallows posted:

I did them yesterday too. Fun poo poo.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Lifting for the mirror is so when there's a fire and your momma is trapped under a beam you can go "Sorry momma, it's too heavy for my 1RM. But look at my sweat abs!" and you she can spend her last moments in awe of the sculpted muscle she helped bring into this world.

Only I don't have abs either sorry momma i fail u

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If you truly loved your mother on an emotional level your brain would have torn your back up to lift that beam. Clearly you had issues to work out.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
You'll never be strong because that was determined by your genes at conception (none of us are strong fyi) and no one gives a poo poo about what you look like. Do whatever.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Worked up to a 315 bench for 5 then dropped down to 225 8x3 with a super wide grip, killed my inner chest especially since I followed it up with some cable flys. Finished with some decline in the smith, incline db super slow, and a couple triceps exercises.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

Dum Cumpster posted:

You'll never be strong because that was determined by your genes at conception (none of us are strong fyi) and no one gives a poo poo about what you look like. Do whatever.

i knew the first part but ive been having a meltdown all week over the second

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you're really strong you can pick up your boyfriend and hold him upside down and then you blow eachother standing up

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Zzulu posted:

If you're really strong you can pick up your boyfriend and hold him upside down and then you blow eachother standing up

straight and weak but drat the swole gay life is tempting

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
UPDATE:CNN NEWS ALERT

remember my earlier posts about my nipple having a lump

well it was inflammation from improper lifting, a slight tear in the chest muscle that basically is under your armpit/bicep area

ironically i hurt my chest from doing curls IMPROPERLY

never do curls just workout your rear end god drat

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pon de Bundy posted:

UPDATE:CNN NEWS ALERT

remember my earlier posts about my nipple having a lump

well it was inflammation from improper lifting, a slight tear in the chest muscle that basically is under your armpit/bicep area

ironically i hurt my chest from doing curls IMPROPERLY

never do curls just workout your rear end god drat

this is pretty similar to the injury im recovering from currently. i got it from going too heavy on pullups though. poo poo loving sucks i cant lift anything because anything using my arms or shoulders also uses my pecs to some degree.

eat all the fishoil (but from what I understand nsaids interfere with healing so dont take those I guess? I'm not a doctor)

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Tolkien minority posted:

straight and weak but drat the swole gay life is tempting

Same :same:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Tolkien minority posted:

this is pretty similar to the injury im recovering from currently. i got it from going too heavy on pullups though. poo poo loving sucks i cant lift anything because anything using my arms or shoulders also uses my pecs to some degree.

eat all the fishoil (but from what I understand nsaids interfere with healing so dont take those I guess? I'm not a doctor)

son the only thing i eat right now is vicodin and having never taken one before in my life, i feel like somebody is giving me a really warm hug, im going to imagine its from a very swole man

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

How did you curl wrong? Where were your elbows?

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Pon de Bundy posted:

son the only thing i eat right now is vicodin and having never taken one before in my life, i feel like somebody is giving me a really warm hug, im going to imagine its from a very swole man

Took that once a couple of years ago for a kidney stone. Didn't do anything except make me feel stupid. Maybe knocked the pain down from a 9 to an 8.

3/10, will crush and snort it next time

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Tonight's workout was excellent. No injuries flared up, and the dumbbell lateral raises felt much better this time, although I had to use 10s to be able to hit 8-10 reps. I can barely lift this beer to my mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Lol if you aren't taking at least 20-30 mg at once. I miss the warm opiate buzz, but not the constipation that comes with it. Not great to take on workout days either, but I'll be damned if it didn't make me an absolute speedy beast at work.

Squatted today, was weak as gently caress.. Probably because I had to do the work of 2 people today after the other guy who works with me called off. :(