Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks guys, I was missing the Gamers.txt threads and this thread is just making me feel like it never left. :3:

I wonder if the finger family culture will pick up undertale

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ramos posted:

Dear thread, are *blank* an erogenous zone?

YES

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

There's more than one anime/manga thats incorporating scenes of eye licking but thats for the deviantart thread

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Undertale was cool and all but I don't really see the point in posting about it any more now that OneShot exists :shrug:

(By Nightmargin, the game's artist)

(x)

(x)

(x)

(x)

(x)

really tho captain invictus could you at least timg all your undertale posts after like the first on each page or something, or only post the pictures that are funny or interesting to people without deep emotional connections to cartoon skeletons

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

What's oneshot?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What's oneshot?

If it's the art he just posted where the cat girl has a light bulb then it was a game that you got to play once and then it deleted itself. I don't remember a goddamn thing about it. I think the lightbulb was the world, or hope, or something. I don't know. I remember what undertale was about, and oneshot was released before undertale, so I don't get the comparisons, any which way.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I'm interested if redownloading the game isn't a pain

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

http://store.steampowered.com/app/420530/

If your threshold for an impulsive adventure game purchase is $8.99 or greater you should honestly approach this with as few preconceptions as possible, it is that surprisingly lovely of a thing. I had never heard of it until Rock Paper Shotgun put up a glowing review. I know that site has a certain reputation and I wouldn't link to them without caveat but it's now my game of the year for sure and fuckin' My Summer Car came out this year, so

e: oh, it's apparently been in beta for a while but fully released last week

(x)

HookedOnChthonics has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Dec 14, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Huh I thought the game was free as of november of last year. I hope I didn't accidentally steal it.
I mean like wazhack was free but then he figured okay steam yeah sure charge a dollar.

Krinkle has a new favorite as of 21:51 on Dec 14, 2016

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I was recently made aware that one entry of the multimedia franchise Fate finally introduced an aztec deity, none other than the mighty Quetzalcoatl.

For those who aren't familiar with aztec lore, he's a god of knowledge and the only god in the entire aztec pantheon to refuse human sacrifices. He's also thought to have taken human form and descend to the earth to become one of the most benign rulers the aztec ever knew. Quetzalcoatl is traditionally depicted like this

So! How was he depicted on the game? Take a wild guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNxVWGj-_GU

A blond girl that is a lucha fanatic :v:

They did gave her a Quetzalcoatlus as steed though, so they did some research. Anyways, for some reason the character exploded in popularity between the japanese artists that follow on twitter

There's another brunette goddess around that seemingly is meant to be Kukulcan, the way Mayans knew Quetzalcoatl

All in all the depiction isn't that bad but it got me curious about the way Japan sees the aztec mythos and a Pixiv trip later, I've found it to be a pretty decent outlook.

Obligatory girls and pretty boys first

Another Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl at the left and his brother/rival Tezcatlipoca to the right

The "Four Tezcatlipocas" Clockwise starting on top: Tezcatlipoca, Huitzilopochtli, Quetzalcoatl and finally, Xipe Totec.

Now I really loved this piece because is a pretty accurate depiction of Tlaloc, god of rain but embellished with some japanese motifs.

From the same artist

I'm not entirely sure but I believe this guy to be Xochipilli, god of the flowers.

And here we have Xipe again

This one is notorious because the artist found a clever way to translate the lore of him being a skinned man who renews himself every year during the harvest and being infamous as the god with the most violent sacrifices: people would be skin alive and their skin worn as suits by Xipe's priests who then would dance until the skin would rot to ensure plenty of harvest for the aztecs.

And lastly, I'll let you with a small comic that while taking certain artistic liberties, it actually follows history as it happened

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36850779

Is pretty drat impressive.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
https://twitter.com/i_reibun/status/808661687075098624

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HupRvcK0L00
http://battle-crown.tumblr.com/

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Video games are lame. You know who's not lame? Axl Rose.

Oh I suppose Slash is cool too.

And Mrs Slocumbe and Mr Humphreys from Are You Being Served? too if I am honest with myself.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Now I really loved this piece because is a pretty accurate depiction of Tlaloc, god of rain but embellished with some japanese motifs.

From the same artist

I'm not entirely sure but I believe this guy to be Xochipilli, god of the flowers.

And here we have Xipe again

This one is notorious because the artist found a clever way to translate the lore of him being a skinned man who renews himself every year during the harvest and being infamous as the god with the most violent sacrifices: people would be skin alive and their skin worn as suits by Xipe's priests who then would dance until the skin would rot to ensure plenty of harvest for the aztecs.

And lastly, I'll let you with a small comic that while taking certain artistic liberties, it actually follows history as it happened

http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=36850779

Is pretty drat impressive.

These ones own but holy gently caress anime must be stopped!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Make new friends, but keep the old
One in silver, the other gold

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Honestly, is there anything worthwhile left to do with the Fate series after Fate Zero? That was basically peak and everything after it has been pandering harder and harder.

Fantastic post by the way.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ramos posted:

Honestly, is there anything worthwhile left to do with the Fate series after Fate Zero? That was basically peak and everything after it has been pandering harder and harder.

I mean there's only Zero, the original VN and a bunch of video game spinoff's of varying quality. All of the recent stuff is for the insanely popular gatcha mobile game which is obviously trash by the nature of its very existence. Fate/Estella comes out next month and looks like a decent Musou clone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

There's more than one anime/manga thats incorporating scenes of eye licking but thats for the deviantart thread

Why wouldn't eyeball-licking be a fetish? One person's cringe is another's turn-on.

Such as this crap.

On a less horrible note,

Jason Voorhees, as redesigned by Tetsuya Nomura?

Which somehow led to this...

Possibly related to this bit of weird fanart? https://youtu.be/PXkOmA2108A?t=6m30s

e:
Never said it was a good idea. Though come to think of it, I can't immediately recall anything described as "a fad among Japanese teenagers" that was a particularly good idea.

silentsnack has a new favorite as of 11:58 on Dec 15, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

silentsnack posted:

Why wouldn't eyeball-licking be a fetish?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBjgpwgYmFw&hd=1

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Japanese are good and pure, their moral outrage are kids just trying out new ways to be intimate witheachother and our kids are buttchugging or huffing poop

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

silentsnack posted:

Jason Voorhees, as redesigned by Tetsuya Nomura?

Not enough belts or black clothing to be Tetsuya Nomura.

I don't know, I get kind of a RWBY vibe from it, which isn't much of a good thing. Maybe it's the hair?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ah, japanese harley quinn

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Strangely enough the thing that bothers me the most about that picture is how that chainsaw is totally going to rip all her hair out of her head holding it like that.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I'd appreciate that more as a female Jason if she had the hosed-up hydrocephalic growths regular Jason did.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Isn't that sexy Jason a real thing, as I seen it and a sexy Freddy before at the comic shop.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Rirse posted:

Isn't that sexy Jason a real thing, as I seen it and a sexy Freddy before at the comic shop.

You're thinking of this sexy Jason redesign by Kotobukiya, and yes there's a corresponding Freddy design too.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Jason doesn't use chainsaws though :spergin:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

You're thinking of this sexy Jason redesign by Kotobukiya, and yes there's a corresponding Freddy design too.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ew

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Ramos posted:

Nah, Grand Order and HA is good since it has Bazzet. I've gone kinda off Zero: I feel it's needlessly grimdark. At least it had Iskander.

Also, fun fact: Quetzalcoatl fro Grand Order was done by the guy that draws Black Lagoon.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tlW3S4V29Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb22BkCbpik

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Kwyndig posted:

So you find plastic figurines sexy is what you're saying

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

goose willis posted:

I know I do!

:allears:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

:aaa: Burn the witch!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

goose willis posted:

Please, I'd be more inclined to say hey to something like this.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

so hes from philly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747