Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I miss butter churning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I miss video games.

impulse 7 effect
Jun 2, 2011

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I miss butter churning

Tony Hawk in the moments before and after Ultra dropped:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SONH6Kpfta0

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

this meme needs to die

except at the very highest of levels, one-frame links are not mandatory

elena's bnbs had 1 frame links.

Vipers links are not only not one frame, but not important to her game plan and she's entirely reliant on learning super jump cancels, low trajectory burn kicks and feinting.

I literally agree with you lol.

what meme?

I used Juri, Viper, and Hakan for shits and giggles only played online and yeah I know they aren't needed.
You picked the very worst person to quote to argue anti 1 frames, I pretty much tell everyone they weren't a thing you needed to play at all.

If a persons playing now odds are they are playing randoms or some friends, they are free to play however they like, they aren't winning any evo titles anytime soon.

SectumSempra fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Dec 14, 2016

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I miss butter churning

me too, if they are bringing back piano for legs bring back real 360s

also thawk

E: quoted wrong post

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 14, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm ok with the half circle poo poo I just miss pissing off sloppy online players by autograbbing them out of busted blockstrings

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Logansama tells people to off themselves and is a successful DJ and commentates Capcom Cup one of the most prestigious FG tournaments in the world so clearly he's onto something

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This thread is always full of good opinions on fighting games. I enjoy this thread very much.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm ok with the half circle poo poo I just miss pissing off sloppy online players by autograbbing them out of busted blockstrings

I really like playing against grapplers that churn butter under pressure. Cause that I means I can easily just interrupt my own combo with a neutral jump and land the biggest combo I know on them instead which makes them either learn to stop churning or die.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Dec 14, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://twitter.com/DNOpls/status/786277973536104448

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Third Strike is a good game. I miss it so.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Jack Trades posted:

I really like playing against grapplers that churn butter under pressure. Cause that I means I can easily just interrupt my own combo with a neutral jump and land the biggest combo I know on them instead which makes them either learn to stop churning or die.

Yeah but if you're smart enough to do that you're already two leagues above me so :smugdog:

I actually really miss Hugo's weirdly arc'd anti air throw and AA super, as much as they enraged me back in the day everything remotely similar in SFV feels so soft and beatable or maybe they just don't feel fast enough for me to react like I used to? I guess Birdies EX dive thing feels about the same but it's so loving shorrrrrrt.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 14, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I actually really miss Hugo's weirdly arc'd anti air throw and AA super, as much as they enraged me back in the day everything remotely similar in SFV feels so soft and beatable. I guess Birdies EX dive thing feels about the same but it's so loving shorrrrrrt.

Hugo in particular is the most hype character ever.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I pretty much couldn't play anyone else in USF4. I became horribly addicted to armored moves, butter churning, AA super, MEATUH SQUASUH corner carrying, etc.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
For fun, try imagining Hugo in SF5

I bet they'd make his command grabs blockable just to make it even worse.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
V skill claps
V trigger gives him super armor on his fierce moves

Thank Capcom I'm looking forward to my check in the mail

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

V skill claps

Command Grabs are not available outside of VT.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

AnonSpore posted:

V skill claps

Still better than FANGS V-everything.

Season 2 - Command grab tosses no longer use invisible wall

They'd probably give his beautiful hair a cut too or put it in a terrible ponytail

Jack Trades posted:

Command Grabs are not available outside of VT.

Now that's more like it

Edit: Which reminds me Uriens Vskill should keep armor on whiffs.

-A69-
Apr 2, 2009
can someone explain why rage quits are just as, if not more satisfying than documented victories in this game. Played a side named godlikeken, who was using Urien, for one of the challenges. Ain't even mad, cause the challenge was super easy anyways.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Well, I like to make people rage, but you don't get the points, so there's that.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i perfected a ryu with 0 LP and he ragequit today

idk why not like he lost any points

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I love sets being default in SFV because you can just about feel the emotions of someone who gets rolled, stares at the rematch button for a while...and then decides against it. Better than winning everytime, and also why I always rematch no matter how outranked I am. NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

If the opponent ragequits then you don't get to keep the replay and I like collecting replays of scrubs and laugh at them.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Jack Trades posted:

If the opponent ragequits then you don't get to keep the replay and I like collecting replays of scrubs and laugh at them.

You can just set your share button settings to grab the last 5-10 mins

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I saved up FM for Akuma but I'm tempted to just buy Alex now and save up again since I haven't finished the main story or like half the character stories. Tempt me into doing that.

Edit: Aw poo poo, 80k for going through Cinematic SP twice? Alex it is.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 15, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I want to have an excuse to play more SFV

-a sane and healthy individual

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Count Bleck posted:

Third Strike is a good game. I miss it so.

check out fightcade and illegal roms promise to delete after 24 hour tiral period dot net, op

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If only Nitroplus and Revelator came to steam so there would be something else to play besides Street Fighter Vee

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I have gg on ps4 I'm just depraved.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Jack Trades posted:

I'd like that too, except you never play anymore. :smug:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Fenn the Fool! posted:

Omega is a thing that exists, it's fun to play. It's like SF4 but without 1 frame links or safe DP FADCs. Somebody tell me why I'm wrong and it's a poo poo game I should hate.

It's fun but hilariously imbalanced. If it was balanced it would be my ideal version, lots of the good ideas that made it into V

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

is super gem fighter on fightcade

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

is super gem fighter on fightcade

yes, if its a CPS1 or 2, and sometimes 3, or a Neo-Geo game its on there.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I saved up FM for Akuma but I'm tempted to just buy Alex now and save up again since I haven't finished the main story or like half the character stories. Tempt me into doing that.

Edit: Aw poo poo, 80k for going through Cinematic SP twice? Alex it is.

Fair warning that Extra difficultly story mode is horrifically tedious.

ROFL Octopus fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Dec 15, 2016

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
I hate V, but only because it murdered the entire Manchester scene was it was already reeling from the death of Gamerbase. It just felt so awful Day 1, and now even if it has gotten any better (I haven't played to check) nobody will give it the time of day to find out. Given that we had over 100 players turn up to a local for IV, and regularly got 30, that V gets <10 means at least locally, it's an abysmal failure.

Now it's Tekken Heads or nothing, with half a dozen tops playing Marvel on their own at the point nobody can be bothered trying to break into it.

E: Oh, and stubby, tiny normals.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
Expect leak info soon, apparently Capcom accidentally uploaded the season2 beta(?) files onto steam early. So far, people found a toggle for what music plays during specific modes, dinput, a real rage quit penalty, and new menu pictures but who cares about that.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

DInput support in S2? Wowza! They only promised that since the Beta.
Wanna bet that the keyboard key rebinding that they also promised during the Beta isn't going to make it in yet?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Shockeh posted:

I hate V, but only because it murdered the entire Manchester scene was it was already reeling from the death of Gamerbase. It just felt so awful Day 1, and now even if it has gotten any better (I haven't played to check) nobody will give it the time of day to find out. Given that we had over 100 players turn up to a local for IV, and regularly got 30, that V gets <10 means at least locally, it's an abysmal failure.
i'd be surprised if this wasn't the general case across most scenes barring some major hubs.
not particularly only in the case of the game being bad but also timing in terms of sf4 vets moving on w/ life stuff as sf5 wasn't a golden child in the slightest as to keep them around
the same general thing happened to my scene, complete with a marvel revival

play marvel

Fereydun fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Dec 15, 2016

halwain
May 31, 2011

InnercityGriot posted:

Expect leak info soon, apparently Capcom accidentally uploaded the season2 beta(?) files onto steam early. So far, people found a toggle for what music plays during specific modes, dinput, a real rage quit penalty, and new menu pictures but who cares about that.

Ragequitter get their own icon :v: .

And here is akumas theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTrWk01JUGw

halwain fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Dec 15, 2016

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

halwain posted:

Ragequitter get their own icon :v: .

And here is akumas theme https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTrWk01JUGw

Oh man, I should totally bust out the HALO=NOHEAL name gimmick that absolutely no one will get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Is the game still penalizing people who are ragequit ON, as well as people who (rage)quit online training mode?