Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Svartvit posted:

Mimi's subsummation into the Western alt-right is now complete. The competition in that space is a lot harder than in the neo-fascist Assad camp so I hope she's also slowly vanishing.

It's been complete. She hit 100% synchronization when she started mixing gamergate into her Syria rants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

R. Mute posted:

i guess im just making assumptions about your beliefs and convictions, but if before the election they involved any type of empathy or solidarity or just a generalised desire to make things better for people, you shouldn't throw that out of the window just because you lost.

gather all your willpower and tone back 'they voted for this, so gently caress 'em' to just 'they voted for this'

My empathy with the ones who vote Republican has always been nil because as I see it they are wrecking my chances at a future that isn't poo poo pay with no healthcare and dying before I retire.
I want them to be better but empathy and caring about them only goes so far when no matter how much you try to educate the individual they'll still knee jerk back to the gop when it's convenient.

gently caress em is my viewpoint because I can't do anything to save them from themselves. it's more important to focus on educating those who are apolitical into caring than to give half a drat about republicans.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

And yours is because they have token employment of non white members they must be coddled to. Consistent with your blinding empathy for the plight of the white man in America.
i could've said that probably not all coal miners voted for trump (or voted at all) either, if you prefer that angle. but that's ultimately irrelevant because the point i was making is that - brace yourself - it's bad when people suffer and it should be avoided at all costs. it's definitely not something you should be happy about - just imo tho i find it hard to get into the paradoxical mindset of liberals so i can't really see it from your angle.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Ken Bone is probably the closest any coal person got to voting dem. The industry is probably blasting to everyone that dems will destroy their jobs and replace it with nothing

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

R. Mute posted:

i could've said that probably not all coal miners voted for trump (or voted at all) either, if you prefer that angle. but that's ultimately irrelevant because the point i was making is that - brace yourself - it's bad when people suffer and it should be avoided at all costs. it's definitely not something you should be happy about - just imo tho i find it hard to get into the paradoxical mindset of liberals so i can't really see it from your angle.
wow thanks for explaining suffering is bad. I'm very happy for you that you're able to view the world in such a black and white fashion, similar to WV & Tenn voters.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

wow thanks for explaining suffering is bad. I'm very happy for you that you're able to view the world in such a black and white fashion, similar to WV & Tenn voters.
what's uh not black and white about suffering being bad? explain the nuance to me

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Is masochism inherently immoral?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

*nietuscheanly*

It is slave morality, op.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

is this going to be one of those 'the economy is like your household budget' style oversimplifications?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Sure, you seem to get it.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

jokes on you adorable t-shirt meme dysthymia means i have no happy day

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

R. Mute posted:

i guess im just making assumptions about your beliefs and convictions, but if before the election they involved any type of empathy or solidarity or just a generalised desire to make things better for people, you shouldn't throw that out of the window just because you lost.

gather all your willpower and tone back 'they voted for this, so gently caress 'em' to just 'they voted for this'

thanks to their votes there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. the dems can't force the Republican majorities in both houses of Congress to extend it, and that matters a whole lot more than the tone of a headline that none of these coal miners are ever going to see anyway

In fact, right now it is very important to make very sure they make the coal miners aware that it is all Republicans' fault, so we don't get a repeat of "Obamacare is too expensive for me because my state's Republican governor rejected the Medicaid expansion that was supposed to cover me, gently caress the Democrats"

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

*noncognitivist-shly*

this is a nonsense question

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Have you read the book 50 shades of gray? #lifechanger

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

stone cold posted:

take that was a bad band

I liked angels by Robbie Williams though

I know, right? It's pretty.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Main Paineframe posted:

thanks to their votes there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. the dems can't force the Republican majorities in both houses of Congress to extend it, and that matters a whole lot more than the tone of a headline that none of these coal miners are ever going to see anyway

In fact, right now it is very important to make very sure they make the coal miners aware that it is all Republicans' fault, so we don't get a repeat of "Obamacare is too expensive for me because my state's Republican governor rejected the Medicaid expansion that was supposed to cover me, gently caress the Democrats"
what does this have to do with what i was saying? im not objecting to the tone of an article, im objecting to the whole 'it's their own fault so gently caress 'em' reasoning which has been backed in this very thread and which seems to be the current post-election loss state of the democrats. and you can try to sell what you want to these people, they're not going to be inclined to listen to you if you immediately turn around and explicitly say you don't give a poo poo about them and that they deserve any type of suffering they get.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

the paradigm shift posted:

Ah yes the liberals are so mean to those poor put upon racists white working class folks who haven't voted dem since Reagan meme
Cry me a river

It's one thing to acknowledge that they're getting what they voted for, because they're out-of-touch and easily misled by demagogues like Trump. It's another to revel in someone else's suffering. That's kind of ghoulish.:stare:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

R. Mute posted:

Gather all your willpower and punch yourself in the dick you stupid rear end in a top hat

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Gather all your willpower and punch yourself in the dick you stupid rear end in a top hat
how about you go back to not posting itt

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Woohoo public health unit !! Fun times

Free condoms and breathmints

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

your monitor.

you must turn it on.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Pretty gender conforming chat this morning.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

R. Mute posted:

how about you go back to not posting itt

Your monitor is off

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That isn't even a good context for the turn your monitor on burn Jesus Christ

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

*roll ls dice* Hope I get meds with codeine!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Majorian posted:

your monitor.

you must turn it on.

How's your degree in Tom Clancy novels working out numbnuts

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think a degree in Clive Cussler would be better

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

It's in Le Carre novels, get it right.:colbert:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

you literally work in a comic book shop

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Some pretty cool wall art

Not sure what the faces hanging down are they use to not be there.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

R. Mute posted:

Yeah but that doesn't need tuition smart guy!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

R. Mute posted:

I also am all kinds of hosed up and know my limits

That also doesn't make his degree in A Clear and Present Danger less dumb

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

Some pretty cool wall art

Not sure what the faces hanging down are they use to not be there.

Are they, like, prints for sale or something?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also, I love my job

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I also am all kinds of hosed up and know my limits

That also doesn't make his degree in A Clear and Present Danger less dumb

:lol: You really are trying to hurt my feelings, aren't you?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

if you knew your limits you wouldn't be posting itt

or at all

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Majorian posted:

Are they, like, prints for sale or something?

No, I think this is a memorial for transgender persons who have been killed in Chicago.

The whole thing is a tile mosaic it's really huge. It's pretty impressive.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Hollismason posted:

No, I think this is a memorial for transgender persons who have been killed in Chicago.

Oh, that's really nice.:unsmith:

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
everyone take a deep breath and back away from the salt

now quick run towards the salt like it's a weapon in the hunger games go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

R. Mute posted:

if you knew your limits you wouldn't be posting itt

or at all

This thread would be empty if people thought better than to post

• Locked thread