Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Hanging edge is still on lol

I thought the new banner started today

I think it runs for a few days longer because of that gong show maintenance last week.

Also the shield from the Charlotte quest I believe can only be equipped by certain characters. I can't put it on Cecil.

Edit: confirmed. Charlotte only shield. Gives her a mass esuna skill though.

m.hache fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Dec 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

PaybackJack posted:

Hey Vax, can you link a version of Memu 2.8.6? They don't seem to have previous versions on their main website, and anything that comes up after the 5th link on a google search I don't trust.

Just use the official release archive here: http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2016/05/20/release-archive/

Good ressource also is the official XDA thread from the developer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/memu-powerful-android-emulator-to-play-t3157906

May want to link that in the OP because it's not easy to find otherwise.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
all I wanted was lightning

Hardbody
Nov 11, 2014
Looking more at Noctis I'll probably daily pull only. I have 2 blade mastery/Sakura tms already and although I want mercedes and Noctis I dont think they are anything worth whaling over. I have the Tms to make Orlandu nuts and I think he is more valuable.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Yay my chiz is now 6 stars. It's a drat shame I used all the event cactars on butz though I'd way rather have her maxed out right now then him. Oh well I guess I could dump my Leo and Kefka into her and speed the process up a ton, or wait the couple days and grind it out like I know I should.

So torn about whether to dump my ticket stash going for noctus or hold on for orlandu. I don't tm farm so I don't have a ton of ridiculous things to dump on either of them. Which one is stronger out of the box then? Not that I stand a chance of getting either but I should be due for another rainbow sometime in the next 60 pulls I've got stashed.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Yay my chiz is now 6 stars. It's a drat shame I used all the event cactars on butz though I'd way rather have her maxed out right now then him. Oh well I guess I could dump my Leo and Kefka into her and speed the process up a ton, or wait the couple days and grind it out like I know I should.

So torn about whether to dump my ticket stash going for noctus or hold on for orlandu. I don't tm farm so I don't have a ton of ridiculous things to dump on either of them. Which one is stronger out of the box then? Not that I stand a chance of getting either but I should be due for another rainbow sometime in the next 60 pulls I've got stashed.

Yes. The answer is yes. Both of them are ridiculous in different ways, and it depends on what you need. Even without TMRs, Orlandu is Luneth tier or higher, and with Excalibur and Dual Wield he becomes a god of death. Noctis, on the other hand, sounds like an absurd support-tank option, like 6* Rain but better.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I just did the Charlotte quests and it was really loving stupid.
:what:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
At least you got her really good exclusive shield making her slightly above useless, but still useless.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

I skipped all the story stuff and just blew threw it in like 5 minutes. The special explorations counted for the daily quest so that was nice. I have WoL and Cecil so I don't really need my Charlotte to be leveled but if I didn't have those that Shield seems nice. Having an Esuna like ability on a shield is pretty cool.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Am I missing something? Have finished all the story and have the arrow thingy pointing at aquapolis olderion, but there is no lady at tool shop to start charlotte quest.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

Acelerion posted:

Am I missing something? Have finished all the story and have the arrow thingy pointing at aquapolis olderion, but there is no lady at tool shop to start charlotte quest.

Did you watch the dumb cutscene with that chick crying about her dead husband or whatever. You have to take the left exit from town square AFTER the parade cutscene. I missed it too.

insideoutside
Jan 27, 2009
Is there a reason that I don't get better arena rewards killing a scrubby scrub at rank 20 vs. a team of heavy hitting whales at rank 60?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

McSpankWich posted:

Did you watch the dumb cutscene with that chick crying about her dead husband or whatever. You have to take the left exit from town square AFTER the parade cutscene. I missed it too.

Aha, that did it

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

insideoutside posted:

Is there a reason that I don't get better arena rewards killing a scrubby scrub at rank 20 vs. a team of heavy hitting whales at rank 60?

You get medals based on their ratio, not their rank.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

But... but anime! :japan:

nah it's pretty dumb but that shield'll be useful in about nine months.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I already bought the star quartz shield for Cecil.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
There will be whales with five-Noctis teams and I will hate their guts.

e: looking into his stuff on wiki.. WHAT.. DUDE..

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 15, 2016

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

There will be whales with five-Noctis teams and I will hate their guts.

e: looking into his stuff on wiki.. WHAT.. DUDE..

I guess I need to update the OP to just say that you need a breaker, a healer, a tank and an attacker...OR as many Noctis as you can possibly whale.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

McSpankWich posted:

Thanks for this - christ that was annoying.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Voodoo posted:

Thanks for this - christ that was annoying.

This wouldn't have been a problem if you heartless motherfuckers weren't content to let a sobbing woman run away to throw herself off a pier because her fiance is dead.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

NinjaDebugger posted:

This wouldn't have been a problem if you heartless motherfuckers weren't content to let a sobbing woman run away to throw herself off a pier because her fiance is dead.

Hey as long as we get decent loot out of it, let that bitch throw herself off I say.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I'm hearing they buffed 2-headed dragon? RIP anyone who didn't clear it yet I guess if so.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm hearing they buffed 2-headed dragon? RIP anyone who didn't clear it yet I guess if so.

Did it get another head?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
No event after the gardens go, what do I run for a friend unit? My top melee, top mage, or *5 Krile that now can outheal all others?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

No event after the gardens go, what do I run for a friend unit? My top melee, top mage, or *5 Krile that now can outheal all others?

Probably top melee for people still doing trials.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, I played the heck out of XIII, but don't remember Fang or Hope for squat.

Speaking of friend units and Trials, anyone running something suited for the plant? Sounds like I lucked out by doing the 2 headed dragon already, but haven't done Antonella or whatever it's called. Doesn't have to be up today obviously.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
drat it I just bought Tezcatlipoca thinking it would be a nice up for CoD, didn't see the part about it being Snow-only. What a waste :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

Man, I played the heck out of XIII, but don't remember Fang or Hope for squat.

Speaking of friend units and Trials, anyone running something suited for the plant? Sounds like I lucked out by doing the 2 headed dragon already, but haven't done Antonella or whatever it's called. Doesn't have to be up today obviously.

I also need to get that plant monster.

Half price draw was Duane. First one. So it's not terrible that I drew him.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 15, 2016

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Alpha Mayo posted:

drat it I just bought Tezcatlipoca thinking it would be a nice up for CoD, didn't see the part about it being Snow-only. What a waste :(

a licky boom boom down

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

a licky boom boom down

Infooorma! You know somealana I go blaaaaam.

Nobody will ever convince me the lyrics are anything other than that right there.

I kitted out Chiz and I honestly think Dracu Lasswell was more effective, even though everyone rates Chorizo higher.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I know some of you are skipping the 3 colosseum wins quest (for obvious reasons) now that you can do 200 gears instead, but the maintence boosted the reward from gil to 5 lapis.

Which is still not worth it to some of you who will want to use lapis to buy more arena orbs, but a nice improvement for everyone else.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
Since I just awakened Chiz and stuffed her face full of cactaurs, it's really tempting to smash together my primary Zidane (89.2 after the 30k moogle) with my secondary Zidane (10.2), though I know it'd screw me over in the long run and I'd probably never draw another Zidane.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Shingouryu posted:

Since I just awakened Chiz and stuffed her face full of cactaurs, it's really tempting to smash together my primary Zidane (89.2 after the 30k moogle) with my secondary Zidane (10.2), though I know it'd screw me over in the long run and I'd probably never draw another Zidane.

Don't do it! I only have one Zidane and I've been playing since beta. You might never see him again...

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Do casted stat boosts stack? Like if I use noctis damage boost and tilitha will they stack or simply replace the previous one? I don't know if I really need noctis if I'm running a tilith and a eventually a 6 WOL.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Stat boost/reduction (including resistances) buffs don't stack.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

deathbagel posted:

I kitted out Chiz and I honestly think Dracu Lasswell was more effective, even though everyone rates Chorizo higher.

Dracula Swell has the stigma of being in the first (pretty bad) batch of global exclusives. JP players won't rate him high because their meta is several months ahead, global players won;t rate him high because he's just sort of there.

I'm curious if the global exclusives will get skill enhancements, honestly.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo how are you supposed to do the 2 headed dragon now.

NinjaD only hits it for 900. My team of 6*s didn't even budge the lifebar.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

m.hache posted:

:negative: well I guess that's another thing i won't beat.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
it's likely a bug hopefully they compensate us for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

m.hache posted:

Jesus loving christ. My Lightning has 723 attack. That's every single kind of completely absurd.

• Locked thread