Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Forecasted weekend low of -30°F :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I'd recommend getting your rear end to Florida, son.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme
This thread is Das Nibelungenlied. If you were coming through Denver I'd donate my floor monitors and an amp so that you could blast Flight Of The Valkyries at everyone!

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Would you like the foot of snow we've gotten in the last 24 hours?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

It's 4 degrees fahrenheit here and I am fuckin' freezing. I have experienced -19F. It was godawful. I never, ever want to feel -30F.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I've experienced -22°C and it's not so bad, there are just some funny side effects. Like ice crystals forming on your nose hairs if you inhale sharply.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I'm fond of the block of ice my beard turns into when it's -10C or lower and I'm blowing snow and the wind is blowing it back in my face.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Welcome to the midwest.

If you don't me soon, your balls may freeze to the floor until March.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Welcome to the midwest.

If you don't me soon, your balls may freeze to the floor until March.

Weather forecast says back up to +30°F by Monday. Roughly 60° swing in about 36 hours.

Welcome to the Midwest, indeed.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Fermented Tinal posted:

I'm fond of the block of ice my beard turns into when it's -10C or lower and I'm blowing snow and the wind is blowing it back in my face.

This is me every time its snowing.

But add a beard full of ice crystals. I actually love it though, I come in and I look like an ice giant.

Also -33 is cold as gently caress, that's roughly faranheit/celcius line up. But only 30 degrees C in 36 hours? We can do that in less than 24 hahah.

yay winter!

heil brady!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Deteriorata posted:

Weather forecast says back up to +30°F by Monday. Roughly 60° swing in about 36 hours.

Welcome to the Midwest, indeed.

Yeah, the weeks where we start praying for snow, because when it's clouded up and snowing it's usually ~20 degrees warmer than the clear nights.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
TIRES IN THE PIPE, FIVE BY FIVE

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

:siren: TIRES HAVE BEEN ORDERED :siren:

:siren::siren: WE ARE PAST THE POINT OF NO RETURN :siren::siren:

ONLY VALHALLA AWAITS

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

What's the timeline look like from here? When is danno kicking you out?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Larrymer posted:

What's the timeline look like from here? When is danno kicking you out?

When he finally finds the last sock only then shall I truly be gone

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Hey today is a special day! It's when Dave's mom decided she had enough of him donkey kicking her guts and brought him into this world. How was she to know that 32 years later he would start a process that would bring about the end of the world.

Also he's welcome to stay as long as I'm living there. Which will be until the end of December.

Also also I'm putting the Jimmy up for sale so if you want a piece of Internet infamy I suggest you contact me asap.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Put my foot through the floor of the jimmy too A++ would drive again

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 14"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

djdanno13 posted:

Hey today is a special day! It's when Dave's mom decided she had enough of him donkey kicking her guts and brought him into this world. How was she to know that 32 years later he would start a process that would bring about the end of the world.

Also he's welcome to stay as long as I'm living there. Which will be until the end of December.

Also also I'm putting the Jimmy up for sale so if you want a piece of Internet infamy I suggest you contact me asap.

Wait, where are you going???

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Happy Birthday 14" Dave! Also remind me again ExplodingSims just what the hell you want this truck for? Not that it matters.

bandman
Mar 17, 2008

Fermented Tinal posted:

I think people keep forgetting that the L05 is probably near double the power of the I6 the truck came with.

My concern would be gearing. How high will that poor L05 have to rev to hit 55 in 4th? I'm betting that rear end is a 5.00 or higher (numerically). It's gonna be screaming on the highway.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

bandman posted:

My concern would be gearing. How high will that poor L05 have to rev to hit 55 in 4th? I'm betting that rear end is a 5.00 or higher (numerically). It's gonna be screaming on the highway.

It's a 6.something rear end. You're not gonna get past 55 if you even can hit 55 in that thing. I think tinal calculated it to like 3800 RPM for 55mph, which is rather higher than I would want for an extended highway drive.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

bandman posted:

I think we determined it was likely a 6.10 or so rear

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, the weeks where we start praying for snow, because when it's clouded up and snowing it's usually ~20 degrees warmer than the clear nights.

My anus is ready

I may have sneezed and bought 46,000 lb of beef accidentally but the price per pound was a steal!

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

Rhyno posted:

Wait, where are you going???

I got married back in August and my wife lives 3 hours away while I stayed here to kinda tie up loose ends but we agreed I was going to move up come January and well, January is here.

The land is owned by my parents so it's not like I'm taking everything up there with me. But my wife would like me to kinda clean up the corral if you know what I mean.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea that thing is going to really suck to drive to Florida. I'd be surprised if it does more than 50 and that's with the lo5 wound right up. That and if the transmission isn't synchronized you either have to stop all the way or double clutch it into first to roll through an intersection. It's also going to be insanely slow, slower than you can imagine unless you may have driven a semi or a vw bus on a really long trip. This slowness enrages normal drivers, greatly. They will hate, pass you on double yellows while blowing the horn and giving the finger, all that cool stuff to add to the driving experience. Yea I don't drive my poo poo spreader much because most of the time it kinda blows. You got some huge brass ones to do that Dave and also happy birthday! If I had the ching I'd buy the Jimmy and follow you to Florida and then home. Guess it wouldn't hurt to have another truck project around but alas I spent all my fun money on my stupid subie this summer.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I may have sneezed and bought 46,000 lb of beef accidentally but the price per pound was a steal!

Fahhv hunnert beefpower

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

djdanno13 posted:

I got married back in August and my wife lives 3 hours away while I stayed here to kinda tie up loose ends but we agreed I was going to move up come January and well, January is here.

The land is owned by my parents so it's not like I'm taking everything up there with me. But my wife would like me to kinda clean up the corral if you know what I mean.

Ooooh, gotcha. Is there a Davetingency plan in place if the truck won't roll?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Time to move on, you've seen everything Valentine has to offer now.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

Ooooh, gotcha. Is there a Davetingency plan in place if the truck won't roll?

I think by this point you should be more worried about what comes when it does roll

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

shy boy from chess club posted:

Yea that thing is going to really suck to drive to Florida. I'd be surprised if it does more than 50 and that's with the lo5 wound right up. That and if the transmission isn't synchronized you either have to stop all the way or double clutch it into first to roll through an intersection. It's also going to be insanely slow, slower than you can imagine unless you may have driven a semi or a vw bus on a really long trip. This slowness enrages normal drivers, greatly. They will hate, pass you on double yellows while blowing the horn and giving the finger, all that cool stuff to add to the driving experience. Yea I don't drive my poo poo spreader much because most of the time it kinda blows. You got some huge brass ones to do that Dave and also happy birthday! If I had the ching I'd buy the Jimmy and follow you to Florida and then home. Guess it wouldn't hurt to have another truck project around but alas I spent all my fun money on my stupid subie this summer.

Needs an overdrive.
Stop off at Tractor Supply and grab an orange triangle to throw on the truck just to give folks some warning.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I think by this point you should be more worried about what comes when it does roll

what, or who?

I feel like we need some kinda ceremony for the handover once you reach orlando

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

bandman posted:

I did the math like ten pages ago, 55 in 4th is just north of 3k rpm.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

14 BAR RIFF posted:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm pretending im magneto and picking up sockets and hardware by pressing my hand down on them

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Fermented Tinal posted:

I did the math like ten pages ago, 55 in 4th is just north of 3k rpm.

Went back and looked, 3100rpm for 55 assuming 6.17 rear gearing. Honestly, I don't see how the L05 is gonna hate having to do that, especially since they don't really lose power until like what, 6000rpm? At 6000rpm we're talking like 90mph.

In theory, the truck can almost pass for a low-flying cessna in 4th with the hammer down.

Fermented Tinal fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Dec 16, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Challenge loving accepted

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Livestock auctions are a good time. They were more fun back when you could smoke indoors and the whole auction house would be a constant roil of cigarette smoke as 200 old farmers puffed furiously and tried to squint through the fog at what they were bidding on.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I bet at 90 it still handles better than a parked Lada.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Fermented Tinal posted:

Went back and looked, 3100rpm for 55 assuming 6.17 rear gearing. Honestly, I don't see how the L05 is gonna hate having to do that, especially since they don't really lose power until like what, 6000rpm? At 6000rpm we're talking like 90mph.

In theory, the truck can almost pass for a low-flying cessna in 4th with the hammer down.

Yeah, gear isn't going to be the limiting factor for speed. Steering and stiff springs are going to be pretty suddenly "OH HOLY gently caress I HIT A BUMP AND CHANGED 4 LANES"
Heavy old stuff is fairly exciting to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Fermented Tinal posted:

I don't see how the L05 is gonna hate having to do that, especially since they don't really lose power until like what, 6000rpm?

Chevy has historically put some really limp-dicked valve springs in their truck motors, though. I don't know how conservative the factory redline is, but:

• Locked thread