Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2 things I'd like to see in future updates.

1. Ability to lock my inventory so I don't pick up crap I don't want, I grabbed someone's hunting shotgun when they died and it cost me the boss cause I wasn't fast enough to kite it and he was to relentless for me to swap and get rid of it.

2. Different announcers, I will gladly pay for a voice pack of the old trader or anyone really, even loving Snoop Dogg, just let me change that god awful french bitch already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
i am imagining snoop showing up in a biohazard war zone toting the hottest heaters and the dankest weed

it's an incredibly easy image to conjure

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Snoop would be the trader and boss of Ganja_Farm420.kf2

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
why is their no farm map remake?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

She Bangs the Drums posted:

why is their no farm map remake?
You got Farmhouse :v:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

dont even fink about it posted:

The Microwave gun is dumb even when it's competitive in balance, because it just takes a left turn from the rest of your really cool weapons and gets into science fiction poo poo.

EMP grenades, freeze grenades, railgun, medic weapons, giant final boss with chest tentacle and rocket launcher for arm.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I liked when I could left click the Microwave Gun and just march through thrash while the screen became nothing more than burnt out gore and blood.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Get Rick and Morty to do a voice pack like they did for Dota.

"W-We *burp* we got something big coming this way Morty, they better get the big uh. the big guns" "OOOH"

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

QwertySanchez posted:

Get Rick and Morty to do a voice pack like they did for Dota.

"W-We *burp* we got something big coming this way Morty, they better get the big uh. the big guns" "OOOH"

I haven't played Dota in years but this sounds amazing.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

The Rick and Morty Dota soundpack is easily the best thing about the game at this point.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Kikas posted:

You got Farmhouse :v:

Someone really needs to remake a good version on Ganja Farm now that Welding is fixed.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
Is anyone active on the PS4 for this game? I just got it and am downloading the patch, should be operational in a couple hours.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
I'm on PS4. Won't be playing tonight but if you check my posts in this thread my psn is in here and I play pretty regularly

mune
Sep 23, 2006

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I'm on PS4. Won't be playing tonight but if you check my posts in this thread my psn is in here and I play pretty regularly

Nice! Request sent, thank you.

vvvvvv Added!

mune fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Dec 15, 2016

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Add me, I'll play a couple of games
BostonZombie is my PSN

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

So, there's a new beta out. Adding a new map, Mace and Shield, the Two-Bladed Gorefast and assigning weapons to multiple perks. Most importantly...

Balance Changes:
Caulk N’ Burn
Damage increased 50%
Splash damage radius decreased 25%

Incendiary Shotgun
Damage increased 60%
Fire rate increased 10%
Spread increased 60%
Ammo capacity increased by 12 rounds
Ammo cost increased 10%

Flamethrower
Damage increased 50%

Microwave Gun
Added ability to burn zeds from splash damage

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ZearothK posted:

So, there's a new beta out. Adding a new map, Mace and Shield, the Two-Bladed Gorefast and assigning weapons to multiple perks. Most importantly...

Balance Changes:
Caulk N’ Burn
Damage increased 50%

Incendiary Shotgun
Damage increased 60%
Fire rate increased 10%
Spread increased 60%
Ammo cost increased 10%

Flamethrower
Damage increased 50%

Microwave Gun

Thank god, Firebug might be playable now :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is that opt in? Cause I wanna try that mace and shield NOW.

And yea, I've been leveling firebug on the console version and HOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY poo poo its so bad, especially at the early levels without perks, its a little better when you get the more damage perk but getting there is a chore, the caulk gun can't kill a goddamn thing and their best weapon is the trench shotgun.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Holy crap this patch was unexpected and looks fantastic.

Edit: this owns:

quote:

Just quickly checked. Commando get access to the Medic rifle and Demo M16/M203. Support get the Nailgun and Incindiery Shotty. Swat get access to the Medic SMG. SS get access to some of the Gunslinger weapons and vice versa

Propaganda Hour fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 15, 2016

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
After getting SWAT to level 10 I now understand why every scrake and fleshpound come with a siren buddy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Mace and shield feel like a pulverizer without the alt fire though much stronger even without it, it also gibs zeds pretty good.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So I haven't played this since a little after the SWAT update due to other games and Dumb Life Things, now that it's for-real released how are things, did Survivalist turn out to be good or is it a cluster gently caress?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Can confirm: Firebug is now palatable

Can also confirm: they still haven't fixed every patch resetting your bindings

e: the trench gun is CRAZY powerful. Do cross-perk weapons get the benefits of both perk's levels? There is no way the trench gun should be able to do this much damage

e2: firebug is completely insane now. One burst of a fire weapon is enough to kill the weaker enemies. Good update

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Dec 15, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Luchadork posted:

So I haven't played this since a little after the SWAT update due to other games and Dumb Life Things, now that it's for-real released how are things, did Survivalist turn out to be good or is it a cluster gently caress?

survivalist's main dumb thing is their grenades, beyond that they are good and fun

Colosmicon
Jan 5, 2013
Okay, I think I've got a full compilation of all the cross-perk weapons that they've added in this new beta branch (plus the zerk's new t4 mace and shield)

ZERK
Bonecrusher

COMMANDO
Medrifle
M16/M203

SUPPORT
Trenchgun
Medshot
Vlad

SLINGER
Lever Action
Medpistol
Grenade Pistol

SHARP

SWAT
Medsmg

Something to note: the terrible base penetration of support's new on-perk weapons may make the level 15 perk choice matter now.

Colosmicon fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 15, 2016

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Those cross perk weps are exactly what I needed for some much needed variety without gimping your main perk exp.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Killed the Patriarch on Suicidal as a LV10 Firebug in about... 4 seconds? By firing a Microwave Gun at his feet with Ground Fire :stare:

I'm beginning to see why they nerfed Firebug in the first place.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 15, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Killed the Patriarch on Suicidal as a LV10 Firebug in about... 4 seconds? By firing a Microwave Gun at his feet with Ground Fire :stare:

Wait, the splash damage bug is back and better than ever?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Where are Xmas Zeds. This is unacceptable

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

ZearothK posted:

Wait, the splash damage bug is back and better than ever?

Splash damage? No, the Microwave gun is just that powerful now. Even the other weapons like the Flamethrower tear through everything in seconds. I'm effortlessly doing Hell on Earth direly underleveled.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

Where are Xmas Zeds. This is unacceptable

They're coming next year, this year they were too busy doing things like "finishing the game" etc.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Colosmicon posted:

Okay, I think I've got a full compilation of all the cross-perk weapons that they've added in this new beta branch (plus the zerk's new t4 mace and shield)

ZERK
Bonecrusher

COMMANDO
Medrifle
M16/M203

SUPPORT
Trenchgun
Medshot
Vlad

SLINGER
Lever Action
Medpistol
Grenade Pistol

SHARP

SWAT
Medsmg
:stare:
YES.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yoooo what the gently caress, Hans dies to a weak fart now. Just microwave tap his feet and his shield at least is non-existant.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I can block and survive Patriarch's rockets and his chaingun without dying with the mace and shield.

On HoE.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

ZearothK posted:

Balance Changes:
Caulk N’ Burn
Damage increased 50%

Incendiary Shotgun
Damage increased 60%
Fire rate increased 10%
Spread increased 60%
Ammo cost increased 10%

Flamethrower
Damage increased 50%

Microwave Gun

:krad:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
YOU CAN PARRY THE CHAINGUN BULLETS WITH THE MACE AND SHIELD :psyduck:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Alteisen posted:

Glad to know I can transfer that reflex from Vermintide.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ZearothK posted:

Glad to know I can transfer that reflex from Vermintide.

You can parry his rocket too.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I might buy the game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Alteisen posted:

Dear Tripwire: please buff the Katana so it can also parry bullets.