Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I think Ruby Rose is also in xXx 3. She should really have her Alien 3 Ripley look in one of these movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I really don't see how they boobed Milla up on this poster at all.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I really don't see how they boobed Milla up on this poster at all.

Yeah, I think it's just a pushup bra. Her boobs aren't as small as they were prior to her having a kid.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
can we get a boob expert on this please

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dissapointed Owl posted:

can we get a boob expert on this please

I'm only two weeks away from retiring as a Federal Boob Investigator, but it's my sworn duty.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

Honestly, if Ruby Rose hadn't appeared in a Resident Evil movie before the franchise ended it would have felt wrong somehow. She's basically a hardcore RE fan's dream come true.

I misread this as Ruby Rhod and now I'm even more disappointed in those posters.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I want Ruby Rose to play Leon in The Final Chapter.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I was browsing through Netflix this weekend and saw the image for this movie with one of the worst photoshop jobs I've ever seen.

Okay, no big deal, its a bad poster.

But then I fell down the rabbit hole and saw it's the US distribution of a UK movie under a different title and with a better poster.

Not bad.

But what do you do when you need to punch up the title? Add a little magic to the poster to hit home that there's an "Angel" in the film.

Pretty good.

What happens when you need to run movies at Christmas time and there's a forgotten film that could fit?

That's the stuff.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I hate this.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Harlock posted:

What happens when you need to run movies at Christmas time and there's a forgotten film that could fit?

That's the stuff.

Y'know it didn't occur to me until just now how much of Photoshop, specifically with movie posters, is just like those dress-em-up sticker books.

What Do You Want Toni Collette to Wear? There's comfy sweat pants for around the house! Ooh brrrr, give her a winter coat because it's chilly out! Here's an arm holding a pistol for when she's out for revenge!

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It's an interesting contrast to the Wanderer posters from a couple pages ago. The characters are everything and the setting might as well be nothing at all.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Lobok posted:

What Do You Want Toni Collette to Wear? There's comfy sweat pants for around the house! Ooh brrrr, give her a winter coat because it's chilly out! Here's an arm holding a pistol for when she's out for revenge!

Toni Collette is Out For Revenge is honestly a tagline I want to see. Great idea.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Benelux marketing department recognizes the breadwinner.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

:geno:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

These new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movies are taking a weird turn.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

No Jughead. 2/10

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You can always tell when something like Stranger Things is a real landmark when everything immediately tries to copy it. See: this, Search Party

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Archie has very poor posture. He's gonna herniate a disc if he's not careful. :colbert:

It's kind of weird that everyone is just staring at you. It's like you're part of the scene, and they've all been waiting for you to arrive. Is Archie gonna leave his arm there if I sit down? He's kind of skeeving me out. :ohdear:

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

flosofl posted:

No Jughead. 2/10

I think that's him in the middle outside. You can't tell in the photo but he's wearing the hat. Or a version of it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

DetoxP posted:

I think that's him in the middle outside. You can't tell in the photo but he's wearing the hat. Or a version of it.

That's not Reggie?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like the poster for The Party, but it kinda lost me with the terrible tagline about being a comedy. That doesn't look like a comedy poster to me. Where is the white background and title in red text?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I like the poster for The Party, but it kinda lost me with the terrible tagline about being a comedy. That doesn't look like a comedy poster to me. Where is the white background and title in red text?

Cillian Murphy's face is cracking me up. He's not happy at all about how the poster turned out.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

flosofl posted:

No Jughead. 2/10

There is a Jughead.

He's in the photo

He's played by one of the little boys from Big Daddy

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Archie looks like a teen vampire. He just needs some kind of stupid, oversized blood-red ring on his finger and an ankh necklace.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Betty looks more stuck up and judgey than Veronica...

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

I like the implication that I, myself, am Jughead.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ominous Jazz posted:

I like the implication that I, myself, am Jughead.

I hate to break this to you but you're Dilton.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Wanna be Mr. Weatherbee, and go mad rutty on some of that Miss Grundy trim.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wanna be Mr. Weatherbee, and go mad rutty on some of that Miss Grundy trim.

O_o

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
What's with the tagline? Are they going to pull heists?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mr weather bee is married to a sassy black lady and miss grundy died of cancer.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mustached5thGrader posted:

There is a Jughead.

He's in the photo

He's played by one of the little boys from Big Daddy

I think Cole Sprouse is more famous for being one half of a very popular Disney Channel franchise.

Also Ms Grundy is played by Sarah Hable who was in both Hostel Part 3 and The Butterfly Effect 3.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Why is it called 6 when there's 7 of them?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

The 7th guy is D'Artagnan.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.

The MSJ posted:

I think Cole Sprouse is more famous for being one half of a very popular Disney Channel franchise.

I was trying to act like I didn't know that and was cool

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Guy Goodbody posted:

Saw a trailer/behind the scenes thing before Rogue One tonight. Besides the Seal Team Six bit, one of them is captured on assignment while the others have to rescue him.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

jisforjosh posted:

Saw a trailer/behind the scenes thing before Rogue One tonight. Besides the Seal Team Six bit, one of them is captured on assignment while the others have to rescue him.

.......did they say that's based on a real Seal 6 mission?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

.......did they say that's based on a real Seal 6 mission?

Not that I caught. I seriously doubt any Seal member has ever been captured and/or that we would know about it enough to make a TV show (seriously why)