Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Cumslut1895 posted:

you got me: I'm black. I'm sorry. (not john pop tho)

Why do you keep saying "I'm black" like it's a bad thing? :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRSAVDlpDI

Say it loud!! :c00lbert:

Here's a story:
My boyfriend [33/m] proposed to me [22/f] and I didn't even realize, now he feels led on.

quote:

We are in a long-distance relationship for 1 year. Last week he visited me and one night we were cuddling in bed and he said he wants to marry me. I said I also want to build up something good with him. Now the thing is we often talk about the future, we already expressed before we want to get married and have kids etc., so I didn't think much of it. But a few days later it turns out he told his parents he proposed to me, and I said yes! I want to marry him in the future, but right now we both still live with family, I have to finish my degree, we both need to find a job, ... Plus I feel very young, this is my first serious relationship and we are together for just 1 year. I don't feel ready at all. He is very shocked that I don't want this, he says I've always acted like I wanted this and I have been leading him on. He doesn't understand if I love him, why I wouldn't marry him. He's from a culture with arranged marriages, so for him 1 year is a long time and he doesn't understand the need for stability first. In his culture, marriage provides stability, so finding someone you like is sufficient. I don't want to lose him but I'm also scared of marrying too soon. How can I make him understand my point of view and convince him to give this more time?
tl;dr: My boyfriend wants to marry me, but I don't think we are ready. He sees no point in continuing. How can I convince him it's worth the wait?

Happy ending?

quote:

Edit: We both cooled off a bit and were able to have a normal, not emotionally overloaded conversation. While he still wishes it to be different, he could now understand my position and promised not to push me anymore on the subject. We will see how it goes, at least it has been a good learning experience.

The age difference makes it a little less happy to me! :ohdear:

Hug in a Can fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Dec 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

extra row of teeth posted:

Oh my god lol at Christian diaper man. His list started fairly reasonable at first, then became kind of overboard/dickish, then took a surprise detour into Crazytown with the loving diapers. I love this thread :allears:

Regarding the drinking thing; while I totally get and respect people who don't drink at all or enjoy bars, dating wise I've noticed a bad pattern with people who have extremely negative attitudes towards even mild drinking. They always seem to end up being either batshit insane or shut-in manbabies.

I like to believe that the girl that ghosted him took another look at his profile, googled ABDL or whatever the acronym was, and ghosted him based on that and none of the other stuff that happened.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I'll break the selfie seal so maybe dude will post a pic.
Here's the hideous visage behind my terrible posts.

Feel free to share fellow uggos and beautiful flowers.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Just Reddit stories please and thanks

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Just Reddit stories please and thanks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tolkien minority posted:

My husband (30M) makes up stories and passes them off as "jokes"

i thought hugh jackman starring in hamilton was a pretty good joke :colbert:

Would have been funnier if he picked a less believable leading man

"Yeah, they picked John C. Reilly to play Hamilton. It just got greenlit, and it looks like our new Hamilton is Michael Cera! I dunno about this casting decision to make Tony Hale Hamilton, but I guess they probably know what they're doing? I guess I can understand that they wanted someone with rapping chops, but I've never seen Outkast's Andre 3000 actually act before so making him the lead title role in a movie is kind of a bold choice. And I think I heard Eminem was going to be Aaron Burr."

e: poo poo I forgot Idlewild. poo poo

ok replace Andre 3000 in that joke with Tyler, The Creator

loquacius fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 16, 2016

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

12 drinks a night put you in the top 10%. The scale is coarse: top 20% is 14 drinks a week. Top 10% is 78 drinks a week. I was doing 8-9 shots a day at the end of my drinking career.

Statistically 6 drinks in a single session IS a lot. You can argue semantics in terms of "sessions" but the idea that it's normal is defeated by statistics. 70% of all drinkers have less than 5 drinks a week, let alone a single day.

Normal is 1 drink a month. Maybe 2.

Arguably, though, a non drinker swallowing 6 drinks in an evening is gonna be ultra trashed. Someone with a tolerance for 1-2 every couple days is at a much less affected, but of course, they only got there from developing a tolerance in the first place.

Idk if people drink or not, I just used to think the exact same thing

Lol who knows better :shopkeeper:

You guys have to figure body weight somewhere into this calculation. The average 350 pound GBS poster doesn't feel the same affects having a six pack as a normal sized person.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My GF [23F] constantly asks me to take part in a sexual thing I'm not comfortable with. How can I [22M] shut this down and not feel guilty?

I'll get straight into it.. basically, My GF Tina came to me last week saying she has a fantasy she's wanted to try for a long time. She wants to watch me have sex with her best friend on a regular basis. We're all quite close and apparently this is something they've discussed but neither have been with a guy they wanted to do it with until now. On paper this sounds great.. Lauren is very attractive and I know her well. But.. I don't want to have sex with anyone other than my GF, I don't care who it is. I just don't have an ounce of interest so I told Tina and she was disappointed.

The thing is I never usually say no to anything sexual with her. I'm quite submissive in the bedroom so often it's her having her way, which I enjoy, but that's because its with her and I love her. Anyway, she keeps pushing this. I get home from work and its all about how this is every guy's dream ect. (I don't think it is) and that having the chance to have sex with two women whenever I want is something I shouldn't say no to. I keep saying why I don't want it but it falls on deaf ears. I haven't felt this kind of anxiety since I was 18, I feel bad for denying Tina something she really wants and I also have the sinking feeling that she will never be truly happy until I give in.

The other part of this is my friendship with Lauren. We sometimes hang out just the two of us and she's asked why I don't want to, if I don't think she's attractive and that kind of jazz. I was diplomatic and shut it down but how do I best handle this? I'm very inexperienced with relationships so I have no clue.

How do I handle this?
Thanks!

A woman trying to cuck herself, and the guy turns her down? :monocle:

The good news is he passed the test, the bad news is his girlfriend's crazy.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Tolkien minority posted:

My husband (30M) makes up stories and passes them off as "jokes"

i thought hugh jackman starring in hamilton was a pretty good joke :colbert:

my husband does this exact thing constantly (An exaggeration, I'm not the lady from Gaslight). I've just gotten used to it and only believe things he says about half the time. They're not even jokes, because the things he says COULD be true and he says them with such conviction. It's never bad stuff or meant to make me feel bad so I find it charming and I'll fake-yell at him. Sometimes it backfires and I won't believe a true thing he's saying, but he knew the risks. This lady sounds insecure about her gullibility.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Skratte posted:

my husband does this exact thing constantly (An exaggeration, I'm not the lady from Gaslight). I've just gotten used to it and only believe things he says about half the time. They're not even jokes, because the things he says COULD be true and he says them with such conviction. It's never bad stuff or meant to make me feel bad so I find it charming and I'll fake-yell at him. Sometimes it backfires and I won't believe a true thing he's saying, but he knew the risks. This lady sounds insecure about her gullibility.

Alternatively, if she doesn't like it she can tell him and he can loving stop.

Oh, look, that's what happened.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Skratte posted:

I do this with my SO but make sure the stories segue into conspiracy theorist nonsense after a minute or two.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Skratte posted:

I do this with my SO but make sure the stories segue into conspiracy theorist nonsense after a minute or two.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

well why not posted:

Me too. I blame my dad and the dad from Calvin and Hobbes. I'll try and cut back though.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
OY GEVALT

quote:

My [16/F] mother [42/F] had sex with one of the boys at my highschool and now everyone is talking about it.Non-Romantic

Sorry for any mistakes, English is not my first language and I am upset about everything.
The situation is that my mother hires a classmate of mine, I will call him Jake, to do work around our yard sometimes. My father is not in the picture so she says she needs a man around the house to do some of the chores. Jake comes over a couple of weekends a month for the last year or so.
Yesterday someone came up to me at school and asked if it was true that Jake and my mother are having sex. I said no because I didn't think it was true, and he pulled up a photo on his phone and said "How did he get this then?" It was a picture of my mother and Jake in our house, kissing. Both of them were topless but you couldn't see anything.
Different people kept showing me the picture all day and asking me about it, and calling Jake my stepdad, and commenting on my mother's body. I was very embarassed and told the nurse I was sick so I could go home.
When my mom got home from work I asked her about the picture. She said that she and Jake have had sex a few times and that it isn't a big deal. She doesn't understand why I'm upset because "you can't see anything bad in the picture anyway."
I'm very angry with my mother. I'm embarrassed about this and being teased about this and I don't think people are going to stop. Since I left school I have still been getting messages asking about it. Even my friends think it's funny and are making jokes, only one girl said that she felt bad for me out of thirty people. I stayed home again today because I don't know how to deal with it.
How do I get my classmates to leave me alone about this? And am I right that my mother should apologize and stop seeing Jake? She says that he is supposed to come over tomorrow to do chores. She is not mad at him for showing the picture to people because she said they are not a secret, just that her sex life is not something she talks about with her daughter. I don't think this is fair because it's affecting my life at school.
Also Jake is older than me, I don't know if he is 17 or 18 but in my state 16 is the age of consent anyway so my mother would not be in any trouble with the police. She told me this when I told her that someone was probably going to call the police after seeing the picture.
I don't know how to deal with this, any advice would help.
tl;dr: My mother is having sex with a boy at my school. Everyone is teasing me and she doesn't see a problem.

Skratte posted:

My husband for the first three and a half years of our dating told me how much he never wanted to get married or have kids. Like, unprompted would say so. Then about five years in I sat him down, upset and crying that he needed to seriously think about our future because both of those things were deal breakers to me. He thought he was pulling some clever long-con by trying to make me think that so then I'd be even more surprised when he proposed one day.
I did not see the cleverness in this genius idea. I had to calmly explain to him that is not, in fact, how to surprise someone.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

I [23M] got fed up with my girlfriend [23F] not helping shovel our enormous driveway - this morning I didn't help her before work and now she's pissed. How petty am I?

Dating 3 years. We live in Canada and have a really large driveway - probably ~150 feet long and 10 feet wide. Going into the winter our system was pretty simple - I'll snowblow and she'll shovel. If we work together we can have the entire driveway done in about 10-15 minutes, easy.

Yesterday we got a metric gently caress-ton of snow. I'm talking waist-level throughout the entire driveway. We both finished work early - she was done by about 2 and I was home by about 1. I was planning on going to get her so she wouldn't have to drive in the weather but my car was stuck in my own driveway (seriously, the snow was up to the windows all around the car). I started to blow out the driveway but ran out of gas - couldn't even go get any as my car was stuck. I was kind of screwed. (I did try to get some when I was out earlier that day but the gas-station on my side of town was closed and the weather was too bad to venture across town)

She picked up her mom from work and ended up hanging around there for quite some time. She blamed it on the roads being closed (they weren't) and didn't get home until nearly 8 pm. I had to call a couple of my friends over to bring me gas and help me out as my girlfriend was MIA. Two hours later and I finally have the entire driveway, porch, deck, and shed cleared and my car unstuck (thanks to my friends). Girlfriend conveniently got home just as we finished.

She has no idea how to use a snowblower. I've tried showing her more times than I can count but she always has an excuse - she's tired, it's too dark, it's too late, I can show her tomorrow, etc. I kept explaining she should know how to use it incase she needs it and I'm not around. She's not self-sufficient at all and relies on me too much that way. Today's my day off and she works at 9 - lo and behold we wake up and the mouth of the driveway is covered with snow from the plows (although it barely snowed overnight). Petty as it was I refused to help her because I'm still peeved about lastnight. She kept saying it was too heavy to shovel and she needs me to snowblow it. I just kept explaining she should have taken the opportunity to learn how to use the snowblower and to stop relying on me to do everything for her. She got really pissed off, yelled at me and called me an "immature rear end in a top hat" and said she's staying at her parents tonight.

TL;DR: Looking for an outsider's perspective. I realize I'm being petty but I'm tired of her walking all over me and getting me to do everything for her. How should I have handled this?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

STACY'S MOM,

HAS GOT IT GOIN' ON

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:
I've never used a snowblower in my life, but is it really effective when there's that much snow? I figured you had to shovel the brunt of it and then could blow away the rest.

also 150 foot long driveway :psyduck:

I (35M) need to have a fake fight with another guy (30?M) and we need it to be about something where neither of our wives (30's F) can blame us for starting it.

quote:

First off, yes. I do realize how ridiculous this is. But we are committed to it so that's that.

Two years ago my wife met a friend (Alice) that started at her job and it was BFF at first sight. They love each other and are like sisters. No matter what happens this will not put any strain on their friendship.
Anyway not long after meeting my wife and I go out for dinner with Alice and her husband Jeff. Now while our wives were best friends at first sight I felt dislike at first sight. There was nothing he did. But do you ever just meet someone and you automatically have a dislike for them? Like, you hate them for absolutely no rational reason? This is what I felt for Jeff.

Two years go by. We go on couples dinners out, dinners in, BBQ's. All that. I still hate Jeff. That brings us to last weekend. The wives are watching something on Netflix that we both dont want to watch and they basically kick us out to the basement where Jeff does his woodworking thinking we can bond over guy stuff. After a few minutes of awkward small talk I finally decided to say gently caress it and say that I wished that the girls would just hang out with each other and leave us out of it.

And for the first time ever Jeff and I bonded. It turns out he hated me at first sight too! He hates couples night as much as I do! We dislike each other as much as our wives like each other. Now that the bullshit is out of the way and we can talk frankly the first thing that we start to discuss is how we can get out of ever seeing each other again. We have both told our wives privately how we feel about each other and they have basically told us to suck it up cause this is here for life (it is seriously insane how similar our stories were about everything). So talking wont work. Then Jeff came up with the genius idea of us having a huge fight about something. Something that we can both get so worked up about that we will refuse to ever be in the presence of each other again. No more couples date night.

So here is where you come in reddit. We need to start a serious fight about something where we get so worked up that we never see each other again. We just can't come up with something where one of us would get called out for being the bad guy or where both of us would get in trouble for starting it. (Politics, religion, and other big issues are out, we are both pretty similar on those things)
Any ideas?

tl;dr: My nemesis and I are married to two BFF's and we never want to see each other again so we need to start a fake fight where neither of us are the bad guy. What should it be about?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I've never used a snowblower in my life, but is it really effective when there's that much snow? I figured you had to shovel the brunt of it and then could blow away the rest.

I (35M) need to have a fake fight with another guy (30?M) and we need it to be about something where neither of our wives (30's F) can blame us for starting it.

Be sure to check out Frenemies starring Will Ferrell and Will Arnett, premiering on May 16th!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Those guys are 100% gonna have "fake" make up sex after their fake fight

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Just don't hang out together? How is this an actual problem? :confused:

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

HardDiskD posted:

I was thinking about spoilering the ages but it was just too dumb in the first place

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

I was kind of hoping they would actually bond over how much they hated each other and end up becoming friends lovers.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

I think you're getting snowblowers and leafblowers confused

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

I think you're getting snowblowers and leafblowers confused
I am! I don't think I've ever seen a snowblower irl

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

HardDiskD posted:

If they tell the wives together that they want to stop, then the wives will quit making them go because they won't have to keep up the pretenses anymore. Unless the wives are sadists.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
my childhood home had an uphill driveway. it was a 2+ hour shoveling job in a blizzard and 30 minutes with a snowblower

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Maybe the girlfriend didn't want to help because she does all the shoveling while he pushes a snowblower? What the gently caress kind of division of labor is that?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Unless Canada has weird cheap houses with long rear end driveways, I'm assuming this dude could afford to hire someone to shovel it. He should do that.

This advice also works for posts about slob partners. Hire a maid to come once a week and just stop making it a problem.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

tactlessbastard posted:

If they tell the wives together that they want to stop, then the wives will quit making them go because they won't have to keep up the pretenses anymore. Unless the wives are sadists.

but that's what sane people do

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Yeah seriously just call Mr Plow or pay a neighborhood urchin $20

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

So many of these problems could be solved with a relatively small amount of money applied correctly.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I've never used a snowblower before, but if there came a time where I had a big driveway to remove snow from to get to work, and there was a snowblower, I'd turn it on and make an attempt.

$5 says stubborn guy would have come out and helped if she so much as moved it out of the garage.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Don't snow blowers literally push themselves so all you have to do is guide it along? lol at this guy making his gf shovel while he just walks along behind the blower. I wouldn't show up to do that either.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

he's shown her how to use it they aren't hard.. Most ones nowadays have electric start.. so it's easy

Step1: plug in
step 2: put throttle to start
step 3 push button

then there's 2 handle levers
Drive
Auger (Snow blowing part)

then you have a gear/speed selector (usually 1-5 forward, and 1or2 Reverse gears)

they aren't hard.

They aren't super easy.. yes they drive themselves but you need to steer them manually and keep them kind of straight, and turn the chute direction... It's better on your back over shoveling but by no means is it like walking behind a mower.. especially as you get super deep snow.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

I [13M] accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself over the phone. My brothers [16] twin idiots are actually making me a tombstone made from wood.

quote:

I was arguing with mom yesterday while she's on her business trip. I warned the new call of duty game and she said no. I accidentally said the words go gently caress yourself. She said "just you wait." My idiot sister Jane 14 told the twins.

The started going oohhhhh we got us another murder today boys. They started talking about how I was to young to remember, but Timmy our brother said the exact same thing to mom and she killed him. They've actually gone into the shed and are making me a tombstone made from wood. I've seen it they have my name on it and everything. They've planted it in the backyard and have put 5 chairs there for the funeral.

How do I get my brothers to stop being mean and to help me apologise to mom?

TL;DR: Accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself and my brothers are being jerks about it and not helping me.
lol

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

quote:

my brothers are being jerks about it and not helping me.

they are helping in the best way possible bro. funerals are loving expensive

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

Now this is a feel good film I would watch :3: I hope they keep coming up with increasingly zany plans to stay apart until they realize they actually formed an enduring life long friendship--but oh no, now their wives hate each other because they both think the other one's husband is a monster! How will the boys figure out how to make them friends again in time for Christmas?!

Frenemies is the perfect title, you nailed it, other poster.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
frenemies 2: the regifting

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I [13M] accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself over the phone. My brothers [16] twin idiots are actually making me a tombstone made from wood.
lol

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Uh shoveling the runoff while someone snowblows is way easier. Snowblowers vibrate like crazy and make your hands/wrists hurt.