Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Killing Vector
May 3, 2009
Daily: 4* Fang
6 tickets: Charlotte, Gilbert, Clyne, 4* Mustadio, Bartz, Kefka

Only new character was Gilbert (lol). Oh well, the last banner was good to me (got WoL, CoD, and Zidane from dailies, all of them new for me), so I'm probably doomed to mediocrity and troll 4*s from this one. Nevertheless I'm sure I'll drop another batch of tickets or two before it goes away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Half-price Garland, ticket Gilbert, accidental Lapis 500 pull.. Noctis! :unsmith: (my first *5 base?)

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Dec 16, 2016

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Been feeling pretty bored with the game so I decided to keep pulling with tickets until I either ran out or got a rainbow crystal. It took all 45 of my tickets to finally get a rainbow crystal and it was Delita. I think I'm done with this game.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
1/2 Rydia #15

5 tickets:

Shantotto, Gold Chizuru(my 4th), Lani, Charlotte, and Fran.

Was really hoping that gold was Mercedes she seems cool but I never seem to pull gold people on their banner.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
1/2 off pull: Charlotte
Ticket 1: Charlotte
Ticket 2: Mercedes

OK then, time to kick Locke off the TM farm for awhile.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Noctis is my first "good" melee and jesus christ the difference he makes just by having him, easily outdamaging the normal four characters, no matter which I have on. Friend requests just pour in. Abilities are as MAD as they look. I'll look into clearing out my list for more goons once he's 100/100, got no TMs or poopsockerloot but still fantastic. I will be doing daily halfprice pulls because I want a second, a third, more.

You other F2P players who still are without these kinds of melee god units? Good luck. You deserve this unit.

e: putting him to serious tests in lategame content that's given me poo poo with what I normally have - he changes everything by being able to do everything. I might have to keep him as a friend unit for the forseeable future, will happily take a hint on which Esper he'd be best paired with, got an *2 40/40 Ifrit for him now

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 16, 2016

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Is Chizuru actually worth keeping around? I'm sure she's a fine unit but I already have a 6* Lightning and CoD, and another CoD waiting to be raised. Considering that I'm usually cramming in Refia/Full Breaker/maybe Cecil I'm not sure how far I need her.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Motherfucking poo poo, saw a red crystal and it turned out to be another Lightning. The next 11 draw turned out to be Noctis though so at least that chase is over with.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I hate you all.

In other news, Two Headed Dragon has been debuffed. Seems that buff was a mistake.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I stopped playing this seriously a good while back because I had no interest in TM macro farming.

I just pulled Noctis, is he strong enough without TMR stuff to tackle the elite content? I have some other decent 5* units, but my only 6* so far is Cecil.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Did an eleven draw and had nothing good on it except mercedes and miyuki for her tm

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Pulling! Starting with half and into tickets:
Charlotte
Gold Tellah #1
Faris
Charlotte
Lani
Amarant
Fiction
Edge
Mercedes

That'll do for now. I was getting pretty bummed at about Lani, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

victrix posted:

I stopped playing this seriously a good while back because I had no interest in TM macro farming.

I just pulled Noctis, is he strong enough without TMR stuff to tackle the elite content? I have some other decent 5* units, but my only 6* so far is Cecil.

The only content that wasn't really reasonably clearable by an unlucky f2p was Maxwell.

Noctis should put a lot of fire behind you, though. So, likely yes to what you're asking.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

MrLonghair posted:

Noctis is my first "good" melee and jesus christ the difference he makes just by having him, easily outdamaging the normal four characters, no matter which I have on. Friend requests just pour in. Abilities are as MAD as they look. I'll look into clearing out my list for more goons once he's 100/100, got no TMs or poopsockerloot but still fantastic. I will be doing daily halfprice pulls because I want a second, a third, more.

You other F2P players who still are without these kinds of melee god units? Good luck. You deserve this unit.

e: putting him to serious tests in lategame content that's given me poo poo with what I normally have - he changes everything by being able to do everything. I might have to keep him as a friend unit for the forseeable future, will happily take a hint on which Esper he'd be best paired with, got an *2 40/40 Ifrit for him now

I'm tempted to throw my tickets at this banner and save my lapis for Orlandu. I also really need a good healer since I didn't get one when refia was on the banner. I have tilith but she's not 6* yet and can't equip poo poo.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
50+ pulls, no Noctis or Chorizo.

I'm still glad I haven't spent a single dollar on this after the initial starter pack in beta because I'd be pretty annoyed spending real money for doing so many pools and not getting what you want.

It's a weird feeling because I'm completely happy to burn a ton of money on F2P mobile gatcha games like Marvel Future Fight every month but I seriously can't even bring myself to spend a couple of dollars to buy crystals to get another pull.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Cleared out absent players and Rain-type friend unit listers, got 25 free slots and lv100 Noctis on Ifrit for a companion unit (probably permanently): 760,951,475

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Did an Eleven draw and got a bunch a units I didn't have yet but nothing to fantastic either. Cept maybe Firion and Chizuru is start building a physical team to compliment my magic team.

Freya, Chizuru, Lumille, Maria, Celes, Firion, Cerius, Garnet, Cecil, Clyne, Mustadio

Did two more pulls with summon tickets and for 3 star Golbez and Exdeath lol.

Edit 1:I'm bad at control so the daily pull and two more more summon tickets and got another Exdeath, Sazh and Charlotte.

Edit 2:5 more summon tickets down the drain...2 Charlottes, Vivi, Galuf...and a 4 Star Mercedes.

Hey Fingercuffs fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Dec 16, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
30 tickets and 2 11pulls, no cheese and no noctis.

:suicide:

I did get some good stuff, but I still feel depressed.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Chiz, Miyuki, Firion and Krile.

Got the two TM units I needed. I consider today a win. And now Cheez can replace my Butz

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cartoon Man posted:

30 tickets and 2 11pulls, no cheese and no noctis.

:suicide:

I did get some good stuff, but I still feel depressed.
I'm at 11 tickets and an 11 pull myself.

11 pull got me:

FIVE 3* Charlottes wtf
4* Mercedes!
4* Gaffgarion
3* Russel
3* Miyuki
3* Amarant
3* Sabin
4* New Unit... Lani.

All I wanted was some cheez :(
I have 20 tickets and 4610 Lapis left. Unsure what to do. Any advice?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So it says the paths in the maze are random, but every time I've done it its been the same for the first three rooms. :shrug:

gropemotron
Feb 20, 2011

Another dimension, new galaxy

Nuebot posted:

So it says the paths in the maze are random, but every time I've done it its been the same for the first three rooms. :shrug:

Either I'm not paying attention enough or it's been random for me. What is the path that you are taking for those rooms?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

HGH posted:

Any advice?

:shepspends:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So Im not expecting noctis on my daily pulls from now till this banner ends and I have a bunch of cactuars left. I have a physical team right now. I have a 4* butz and a mercedes, no real gear for either but I can grind a wind fist for butz and mercedes ax for herself. If im saving my only dual wield for COD, which unit should I invest my cactuars and tm farm group priority in?

I hope agrias gets her 6* on the same banner orlandu comes out, so I can just triple agrias it up.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Dec 16, 2016

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

gropemotron posted:

Either I'm not paying attention enough or it's been random for me. What is the path that you are taking for those rooms?

Just straight down the middle. I ran into one go so far that hasn't let me get at least three doors down the middle path.

EDIT: Used all my tickets and got two more charlottes :shepface: several hopes, and an alma among other poo poo I'll never use.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 16, 2016

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Don't be loving stupid like me, but I bought $25 bundle which gave me enough for one more 11 pull and 2 tickets.

Ticket 1: Luna
Luna's always welcome I'm close to her barrage.

Ticket 2: Vaan #4
Multiple Vaans aren't really critical so I merged for his armor.

gently caress it, I knew I'd have to do the 11 pull...poo poo here goes:

Yes yes yes! There you are my little brooding samurai waifu! Twice!
:woop:

As I said, don't be loving stupid like me!

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
13 tickets, 1 half price pull and an 11 pull.
No Chizuru, no Noctis, no Mercedes.
Like 5 Duane for whatever bad luck. 4 or 5 Charlotte.

Ouch... this hurts. Didn't really get anything aside from the Ludmille that put me a bit closer to Dual Cast.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
went all in with my 31 tickets

2nd and 3rd chiz!

2nd exdeath!

2nd refia!

2nd hayate!

4th ludmille!

8 charlottes!

at long last my first zidane!!!!!

first ramza!

i'm happy :)

Cry Havoc fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 16, 2016

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I just cleaned out my friends list, which left me with a whopping 40ish friend slots open. I tried to add a bunch of people from the spreadsheet but a lot had full friends lists.

If you have room, please add me 376, 049, 423. I could use Lightning just to help farm this event, but anyone active is appreciated.

I have a mediocre 6* Cecil up now, I'll put Noctis up as soon as I get him to 100 and gear him up.

Since I've been gone for a few months, are there any exploration key chests I should go pick up now?

Likewise, are there any critical quests with good rewards I should go after now?

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Burned 11 tickets and got a ton of Charlottes and some other assorted 3 stars (including my 7th CoD)

Decided to do my first 11 pull on lapis. First one up is a Rainbow and I get:

And a bunch of Charlottes. I was actually a little disappointed I didn't pull a Cheeze or Merc, but I won't complain too much.

Edit: Seriously, it was like 8 or 9 Charlottes when I already had one from way back.

Ratmtattat fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 16, 2016

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Burned 14 tickets because I was bored, I was going to just use two, but then I kept getting good units so couldn't stop.

Cyan
Exdeath number 3
Refia
Mercedes
Mercedes
Mercedes
Bedile
Artemois
Rydia
Arc number 11
Rosa
Anselm
Fang number 2
Snow number 2

I can definitely live with this. Lot of new units and some decent tms I don't mind duplicating. Refia I really needed.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
My daily pull this morning was a blue crystal that reformed all the way to rainbow. It was Dark Knight Cecil though. Not Noctis, but DKC has a good TM and is a pretty decent character so it's a good pull. Besides, if my luck with Lightning is any indication, I'll pull Noctis on a daily after his banner is over.

But I decided to burn tickets to try and get Mercedes. I only got one gold in all my tickets, and I stopped when I ran out of unit slots. I figured that was a good enough sign to stop. Ended up with:

Alma #2
Miyuki (FINALLY!)
Golbez #2
Cecil #2
Galuf
Roselia #2
Shadow
Maria
Galuf
Garland #2
Medius #2
Chizuru #2 (the only gold)
Galuf
Charlotte #3

Eh, maybe I'll pull Mercedes on the daily, I'm not spending any more tickets on this banner.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
Half pull, was another Fang, dropped a bunch of tickets and got some off-banner units that I didn't have yet, a few extra Kriles, and a final blue crystal that procced to gold, only to dash my hopes as the game couldn't resist Sahz'ing me one last time.

As I am weak of will, I will likely blow some of my stored lapis on an 11. Will post results when I do so that they may be mocked and derided appropriately.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Time for some pulls here as well. I don't expect any rainbows, the only one I've ever pulled is Demon Rain (not even on any of my teams) but I could really use some physical DPS because CoD is my only attacker of any worth. As noted earlier, magic is not a problem as my 4 member Exdeath team is almost completely leveled.

My wishes appeared to be answered with the 11-pull which netted my first two Chizuru, first two Miyuki, and my second Zidane! It's almost ridiculous that together they create the perfect TMR package for Chizuru. Also, I don't have to decide between who gets dual wield since both Chiz and CoD can have one!

Hooray!

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Just so everyone knows the maze does not give you credit for Exploration or Vortex quests for dailies which is weird.

Shark Tower
Dec 31, 2008
Burned 41 tickets:

useful:
miyuki (3rd)
zidane (2nd)
firion
chizuru 4* (2nd)

useful?:
vanille 4*
snow 4*
bartz (2nd)
bartz (3rd)
terra
exdeath (4th)
refia 4* (4th)
locke (3rd)
vaan (3rd)
vaan (4th)

bediled:
cyan 4*
cyan 4*
bedile
fran
penelo
rosa 4*
luna
kain
rydia
kuja (2nd)
freya (2nd)
fang
golbez (2nd)
golbez (3rd)

charlotted:
charlotte 4*
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte
charlotte

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I'm happy to see good results from this banner. I was planning to spend my remaining tickets anyway, so here we go!

pre:
  • Lani 3* Well, good to get that out of the way, right?
  • Lani 3* ... SURELY that is the worst of my luck.
  • Kefka 3* Nice to have a second one of him, even though I'm looking at 3 unleveled Exdeaths. Ribbon, right?
  • Edgar 3* Nice if he was # 2 or 3. He's # 9
  • Charlotte 3* She's a dupe and will see no use.

I'm done for now. I'm not getting a good feeling on this one anymore.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
After my 15 tickets yielded nothing of note except my fit Vaan and a flood of Charlottes, I decided to do an 11 pull against my better judgement.

I was super excited when I saw a rainbow, but super disappointed when it turned out to be my second WoL.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

I just cleaned out my friends list, which left me with a whopping 40ish friend slots open. I tried to add a bunch of people from the spreadsheet but a lot had full friends lists.

If you have room, please add me 376, 049, 423. I could use Lightning just to help farm this event, but anyone active is appreciated.

I have a mediocre 6* Cecil up now, I'll put Noctis up as soon as I get him to 100 and gear him up.

Since I've been gone for a few months, are there any exploration key chests I should go pick up now?

Likewise, are there any critical quests with good rewards I should go after now?

Rip only Locke friend unit

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

KDdidit posted:

Rip only Locke friend unit

Haha, I could certainly put Locke back up until I get Noctis buffed, I have no idea if people use Cecil as a friend. Locke farming is still a thing? I figured he'd be hugely obsolete by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

50 pulls, 0 rainbow crystals, 1 more Chorizo and 1 more Zidane. Not thrilled, but at least I can get a second blade mastery and a second dual wield.

• Locked thread