Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Deer
Jan 16, 2012

These kids are such assholes, I love them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

I [13M] accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself over the phone. My brothers [16] twin idiots are actually making me a tombstone made from wood.
lol

this cheered me up, rest in peace little dude.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That is some top-level big brother tormenting.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

sout posted:

this cheered me up, rest in peace little dude.

That's amazing, in 15 years this story will get told every holiday with everyone in tears

sout
Apr 24, 2014

My big brother was always pretty nice to me when I was growing up, feels like I missed out.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

sout posted:

My big brother was always pretty nice to me when I was growing up, feels like I missed out.

No my brother was a loving rear end in a top hat. He wasn't even funny about it. These brothers are actually hilarious.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

WampaLord posted:

Unless Canada has weird cheap houses with long rear end driveways, I'm assuming this dude could afford to hire someone to shovel it. He should do that.

This advice also works for posts about slob partners. Hire a maid to come once a week and just stop making it a problem.

Waist high snow and long rear end driveway screams rural area and houses are pretty reasonable once you're a few hours away from a metropolitan city.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Alright, which one of you posted the first season of Big Love with the names changed from the perspective of the oldest daughter as a thread?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Welp this thread convinced me to buy a snowblower. We only have like 3 inches or less at a time I just hate loving shoveling. Are you telling me I still have to shovel if I get a machine to make my life easier?!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Grem posted:

Welp this thread convinced me to buy a snowblower. We only have like 3 inches or less at a time I just hate loving shoveling. Are you telling me I still have to shovel if I get a machine to make my life easier?!

Yeah shoveling after a snowblower is the easy stuff, you just clean up the edges where the snowblower can't make it.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

woof

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Yeah, stabilizing a growling combustion engine/turbine combo takes a good deal of endurance and strength if you use a snowblower about as often as most people do. You will be sore in very strange places after just a few minutes. Shoveling up the scraps at least doesn't let you know about new and exciting muscles you weren't aware of.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Tiny Deer posted:

Now this is a feel good film I would watch :3: I hope they keep coming up with increasingly zany plans to stay apart until they realize they actually formed an enduring life long friendship--but oh no, now their wives hate each other because they both think the other one's husband is a monster! How will the boys figure out how to make them friends again in time for Christmas?!

Frenemies is the perfect title, you nailed it, other poster.

Why'd you spoil the plot for the sequel, though?

Nthing that brothers of the 13 year old who "accidentally" told his mom to go gently caress herself are pretty funny.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Those brothers are the new heroes this thread has needed for a while.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

do snowblowers even work with wet snow or the kind of gross slushy poo poo that gets piled on the sides of the road/end of the driveway when plows come by?? I thought they were only useful for powdery or less-wet snow.

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

The Snoo posted:

do snowblowers even work with wet snow or the kind of gross slushy poo poo that gets piled on the sides of the road/end of the driveway when plows come by?? I thought they were only useful for powdery or less-wet snow.

Wet snow maybe depending on how wet, slush no. Basically the snow has to be mostly solid for the auger to move it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

I [13M] accidentally told mom to go gently caress herself over the phone. My brothers [16] twin idiots are actually making me a tombstone made from wood.
lol
They actually are helping him, because his mother is going to find it amusing and be that weird state of mad but also trying not to laugh.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

At least his brother Timmy will finally have some company in hell

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
Dream casting for Frenemies: justin long and Kevin hart as the husbands

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

The Snoo posted:

sometimes / kinda, but a lot of times it ices up / gets stuck in the auger / doesn't get Thrown very far.. it's frustrating.. but sometimes easier than shoveling that heavy wet poo poo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

CaptainJuan posted:

Dream casting for Frenemies: justin long and Kevin hart as the husbands

Their wives are Amy Adams and Isla Fisher.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

lol

These brothers own

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The effectiveness and ease of use of a snowblower depends entirely on how much you spend on it.

A little $300 electric pile of poo poo will probably be stymied by anything worse than 3" of dry snow and is basically just a glorified shovel.

A $1500 snowblower will have an engine the size of a small motorcycle and happily plow through slush, waist high snow, tree branches, and medium sized dogs. It'll have little triggers that stop one wheel so you don't have to use your own muscles to turn the thing. It'll have a joystick that controls the direction and distance that it throws the snow so you can pretend you're Luke shooting down a TIE while you're flinging as much snow as possible into the bed of your neighbors pick up because why won't he just park the goddamned thing in his driveway instead of on the street in front of your house. It may even have heated hand grips that keep your gloveless hands oh so toasty so who cares if they give you an electric shock once in a while.

I lived in SE Alaska for 6 years and with a $1500 snowblower, I actually enjoyed doing it. If I had a 150' driveway I'd probably just buy a four wheeler with a plow blade though.

e: now that it think of it, a good snow blower would still be fine for 150'. That's only 8 or 9 car lengths. gently caress shoveling that much by hand though.

I've also seen people roll their plow blade 4 wheeler out of the garage for a 40' driveway though, but I always assume they probably used to have a 300' driveway and moved.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 16, 2016

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

I am! I don't think I've ever seen a snowblower irl

They're basically big engines that push themselves and shoot the snow out a pipe. You use them for heavy duty snow.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

quote:

My [16/F] mother [42/F] had sex with one of the boys at my highschool and now everyone is talking about it.

scrubs season six posted:

I lived in SE Alaska for 6 years and with a $1500 snowblower, I actually enjoyed doing it. If I had a 150' driveway I'd probably just buy a four wheeler with a plow blade though.
Yeah. My father used a beatup, unregistered old pickup just to plow his driveway for a while. Now he uses an old rear end riding lawn mower/garden tractor from possibly the 60s or earlier.

Before this he just wouldn't plow the driveway and it turns out a steep hill with a 90 degree turn and lots of trees on the side is not very fun to navigate on a sheet of ice. He'd just park on the street and walk a few hundred feet to his house all god drat winter like a true goon. I guess back before then he was a grown rear end man who would pay someone to plow it.

My neighbor has a snowblower that's alright. He does the old lady next door's house too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 16, 2016

Feb 2, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Jesus gently caress, I take one day off work and you losers have 5 major derails in as many pages?

Jeffery, get us back on track!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

504 posted:

Jesus gently caress, I take one day off work and you losers have 5 major derails in as many pages?

Jeffery, get us back on track!

Snow removal is an important and interesting topic.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ha. Those are serious snowblowers. There's also the glorified leafblowers for places that don't get 30ft snow drifts. That's what I was talking about.

Also

https://youtu.be/BJHzyg9AOsY

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

scrubs season six posted:

Snow removal is an important and interesting topic.

Now, one time, I was in Prague, and the snow was so bad it affected the mass transit, such as the street trains--

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
Stop stop I live in Northern Canada and it is painful for me to see snowblower chat

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009
They also make snow blower attachments for Bobcat skid steers and they are ridiculous. My dad keeps trying to convince my mom that he needs one even though we usually have 6in or less total snow on the ground at any given time in Ohio.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Stop stop I live in Northern Canada and it is painful for me to see snowblower chat

As a Floridian, I just get to sit back and chuckle at all this effort towards snow removal.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Can we derail about Prague in that case? Beautiful place, my favorite European city out of the ~6 I've been to.

But yeah uhh, I think that, unlike that couple, we've got snow removal on lock.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Can we derail about Prague in that case? Beautiful place, my favorite European city out of the ~6 I've been to.

Lived there for a year, one of my favorite places on Earth. Great loving city.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

C-SPAN Caller posted:

What's the female equivalent weird internet term for attractive well-adjusted people or is it just slut/whore/bitch and they lack any originality.

I'm only up to the page this is on, but it's Stacy

E:f,b on the very next page

Content:

I [m22] have reason to believe i'm an Incel or Involuntary Celibate

quote:

I've come across the term Involuntary Celibate from a tumblr post that i ran across where they were talking about people who are love shy, and the term of Incel seemed to fit me perfectly
http://www.involuntarycelibacy.com/index.html
I am socially active, kind, caring, easy to get along with, but never ever had the same sort of intimate life that many of my friends and other aquaintances have had. People are shocked to know that i have never had a girlfriend, and only have had real sex once when i was 18.
I know that one shouldn't put too much emphasis on any self-diagnosed thing, but reading this seems to mirror my life to a T. and i can't help but feel at least somewhat relieved that there is some sort of term for it, cause then i can at least start trying to tackle this beast
TLDR; I'm convinced i'm an Incel, which makes me feel good for having somewhere to start with my pain of loneliness

"I'm an incel, except I've had sex and am outgoing with lots of friends"

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 16, 2016

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'm still thinking we can make Trixie Thumbclit happen. Large genitalia for all. Either that or at least Stacy Labiaplasty or something. Why does Chad Thundercock get a two part name while Stacy just has one normal given name?

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

There's even an asian version of chad: Chong Thunderdong

E: no wait it was Chang Thunderwang.

I like Chong Thunderdong though, but I'm going to change it to Xiong Thunderdong.

Nazzadan fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Dec 16, 2016

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

House Thundercock

We Do All Sow

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

You could get really 1950s with it and just use Mrs. Chad Thundercock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WampaLord posted:

As a Floridian, I just get to sit back and chuckle at all this effort towards snow removal.

We chuckle as we fan ourselves off in the middle of December.