Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

learnincurve posted:

?

I don't know who you are Der Kyhe, did you have a name/AV change? Because I don't see your name on the secret vendetta list issued to us by the Queen.

No I am just a _very_ longtime lurker who sometimes comments on poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Der Kyhe posted:

Your golden boy lost, and Rosberg by any meaningful measurement won. Get over it. Or live in the world where Kimi is 3*WC and Alonso has only one.

I want to live in this world

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I want to live in this world

But it exists!

Just look deep into your soul and it is there! Just hymn "Maamme"-song while inserting the screwdriver into your brain via nasal cavity and twist it around to reach that sweet utopia.

Like most of the "Lewis was cheated"-people has done before you.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I thought all the brits in this thread disliked Lewis because he wants to be a bad and uncouth American and escape the harsh reality of growing up in the mean streets of Stevenage, Hertfordshire with it dangerous late 1960s architecture, proximity to Knebworth and low low crime though?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

learnincurve posted:

In more relevant news Paddy is going for a pay rise and seems to be rolling the hard six. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rival-f1-team-bid-for-lowe-adds-pressure-to-mercedes-talks-858200/

Poor Paddy, I imagine he has barely slept since Abu Dhabi, where he was forced to commit treason against our Lewis over team radio, probably under torture from Niki Lauda and the Mercedes moustache guy. He had no choice but reading the statement from Stuttgart that they gave him, but his tone of voice said: "Get in there Lewis!!! You deserve this!!!! Don't let us steal the title from you!!!!!"

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

learnincurve posted:

e mean streets of Stevenage, Hertfordshire with it dangerous late 1960s architecture, proximity to Knebworth
I know nothing at all about any of these places but this is hilarious to me for some reason.

Also, Their Lewis's straight friend says he's a good lad
http://www.nzherald.co.nz//sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11768644

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Der Kyhe posted:

Now that the British Bleeding Heart Society is trying to get me probated I will also come out and say that yes, I miss having Maldonado in the grid. What does motorsports need? Excitement. Maldonado was certainly that. And as much as it hurts to say so, Bottas in the Mercedes and those N+1 "dontgiveashit"-drives in the back rows are certainly not that.

Wut

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I legit think the warmest thing said about are poois in the worst thread is "not as bad as_____, mostly, but with ___________ caveats".

Also the majority of British people think he's a bellend. The reason the media loves to talk him up is because people that hate him click on "things lewis did on a smartphone this time" even more than fans.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Lewis is ever so slightly less annoying than Nigel Mansell was when he was racing, but there is still enough time left for him to be much much worse. #blessed #positiveside

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

I remember years ago somebody complaining about how Mansell was bringing the Football hooliganism culture into the sport. I think that was wrong but I can see that sort of argument holding some merit for alot of poois fans.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Mansell's issue was that he was a dick and lazy and people kept calling him on it. Lewis' issue is that he is a dick and lazy and nobody bothers to seriously call him on it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

wicka posted:

The weirdest thing about this thread is the idea that Kimi wasn't once an extremely good and fast driver who just no longer cares or tries

Dude I said Kimi was extremely fast like a page ago.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidporsche posted:

Mansell's issue was that he was a dick and lazy and people kept calling him on it. Lewis' issue is that he is a dick and lazy and nobody bothers to seriously call him on it.

Kimi is a dick and lazy and people praise him for it. It's a funny old world.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Human Grand Prix posted:

Dude I said Kimi was extremely fast like a page ago.

You're not everybody!!!!!!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I loving love Kimi.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

as much as I dislike the whole "kimi says wacky thing" shtick its become increasingly difficult for me to say anything negative about him given his performance this year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

as much as I dislike the whole "kimi says wacky thing" shtick its become increasingly difficult for me to say anything negative about him given his performance this year.

Bwoah?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
He did provide a valuable service showing up Vettel for the fraud he is, but we already knew that he was regardless

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Kimi and I still don't understand the idea that he had a particularly good year this season.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

1500quidporsche posted:

I remember years ago somebody complaining about how Mansell was bringing the Football hooliganism culture into the sport. I think that was wrong but I can see that sort of argument holding some merit for alot of poois fans.

Well, Silverstone 92 was loving insane and Lewis only dreams of having that much support.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

Lewis' issue is that he is a dick and lazy
Didn't you click my link? New Zealand women who are employed by Lewis say that he's a good lad who works hard

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Mansell was good and cool, Their Lewis is not

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
*extremely calm and correct voice* Nigel Mansell was bad

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Nige was an alright driver but I was more of a Piquet person and Mansell always seems to have a moan whenever he talks about his time in the sport so he puts me off a little bit.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Looking back its pretty amazing that Williams developed the best active suspension car given that neither of their drivers were particularly fond of the system and their lead driver hated testing.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kimi did absolutely nothing special this year other than make vettle look stupid

That's pretty alright I guess.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

"Kimi did absolutely nothing special this year other than the best thing"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Norns posted:

Kimi did absolutely nothing special this year other than make vettle look stupid

That's pretty alright I guess.

He also made mad bank doing it. Dude drives around in an iconic team within the sport, gets paid mad bucks (well beyond his worth, and I say that as a Kimi fan) and makes Vettel look as average as he actually is when not driving a Neweymobile.

It's pretty good to be Kimi.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ya Kimi on paper was nothing special this year except he pretty much has the best god drat job in the world and is banging a super hot chick while making mad bank. You really can't hate on the guy for just embracing the poo poo out of being a Ferrari number 2 driver.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Kimi is also pretty happy there are barely any tests nowadays, he hated testing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Kimi is also pretty happy there are barely any tests nowadays, he hated testing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI&t=51s

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Piquet is the WDC we need but not the WDC we deserve

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:

Der Kyhe posted:

Your golden boy lost, and Rosberg by any meaningful measurement won. Get over it. Or live in the world where Kimi is 3*WC and Alonso has only one.

Hold the gently caress on... any meaningful measurement? Like race wins and poles perhaps?

Also you presume that I don't want to live in a world where fernando only has one WDC. Some of us diehard Lewis fan boys still hate that oval office for this treatment of be second cumming of Christ /Senna.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Rogue One tie in?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

May the Force India be with you

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

*extremely calm and correct voice* Nigel Mansell was bad

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
can someone explain this to me

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Reubens looks like my gran with that wig on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

El Hefe posted:

can someone explain this to me

Yeah they used to allow tobacco advertising. Can you imagine that? Monsters.

• Locked thread