Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?
The question isn't whether Freepers can handwaive TOS into a conservative show. They could handwaive Steinbeck into a conservative if they wanted to read him; reality is no object.

The question is, how did these selfish and hateful fucks latch onto this show of all shows in the first place?

I think it points to the fact that in order to become such a committed, delusional rear end in a top hat, you need to start as a dreamer. Some Freepers started as Democrats, others were indoctrinated Republicans from birth, but I'll bet they were all idealistic kids. TOS appealed to idealism and ambition more directly than most of the other shows I can think of at the time.

Nowadays for various reasons Freep's ambitions are genocidal, their ideals are white theocracy, and their dreams are largely from the false promises of their childhood. But that childhood includes loving Trek, so they lump it into all the other vapor they cling to from their idealized past. And if it takes a bit of delusion to make this thing fit into who they are now, they're used to making that play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Well, that's likely because as a kid the problems of the nation and world aren't yours. You simply do your kid stuff. Once you hit a certain age and start working to earn a buck, suddenly all the problems and factors that drive the world come down on you.
Suddenly that little tax increase you wouldn't have even known about as a child suddenly effects whether you have food to last till the next check or not while finding a way to balance all your bills

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Well, that's likely because as a kid the problems of the nation and world aren't yours. You simply do your kid stuff. Once you hit a certain age and start working to earn a buck, suddenly all the problems and factors that drive the world come down on you.
Suddenly that little tax increase you wouldn't have even known about as a child suddenly effects whether you have food to last till the next check or not while finding a way to balance all your bills

I think you may be overthinking it. For some Freepers it was the shock of adult responsibilities, for others it was the church they were brought up in, for other it was Ayn Rand in college...

Not to blogpimp, but...Freeper conversion stories.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Youre way overcomplicating this. Star Trek is about heroic humans solving dumb alien's problems and sometimes punching them or blowing them up. The Freepers are the humans, everyone else is the aliens. American exceptionalism, much like the Federation, gets called on to save the rest of the world from their own backwards cultures.

Sure the Enterprise has a few aliens and women or whatever on board, because theyre the good ones and smart successful people recognize talent everywhere. But its always humans (Americans) who save the day.

The only leap it takes is to equate the weird aliens with foreigners and every series becomes the triumph of American ideals.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Y'all still overthinking it.

For a freeper, life was better when they were a kid, when a woman's place was in the kitchen, a black's place was in the back of the bus, a Muslim's place was over in that scary foreign area we don't talk about, and a gay's place was so deep in the closet no light can be seen.

They also watched Star Trek as a kid.

By accepted freeper math, occurred as a kid = good. Hence why they like Star Trek. The Star Trek that's occurring these days = bad.

Y'all can go deeper if you want but that's about it for their critical thinking.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Starfleet is a humans only club anyway. The only aliens they've got are either exceptional at what they do, or tokens.

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3504817/posts

quote:

To: SkyPilot
An open letter to the Obama’s:

On January 20, 2017 at noon, the Secret Service and all other Federal police will suddenly stop obeying you and start obeying our God fearing Patriot, Donald john Trump.

Well, boy, you have never proved you are in the US legally, as President Mr. Trump has promised us that he is going to immediately have illegals, especially terrorist and gang bangers, like you, arrested.

Without a doubt he is gong to authorize AG Jeff Season to investigate PizzaGate, you have never shown proof that those two little girls are yours as daughters.

My suggestion to you is to RUN. Run now while you can, for at any time after noon Jan 20, 2017 he can say to your SS detail, “Arrest him!” I assure you, barak, the cheering will be deafening.

Run now while you can, but leave those two girls here, the PizzaGate investigators are going to want to talk to them.

25 posted on 12/14/2016, 9:35:30 PM by The_Republic_Of_Maine (politicians beware)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, but it also was a show in the 1960s that put an Asian, a black woman, and a Russian in seats of importance. Roddenberry had imagined that the future wouldn't have the prejudices that existed in his lifetime, so humanity would be a truly multicultural society where race and gender didn't matter and the United States and Soviet Union became brothers. Everything that's the opposite of what Freep wants, except maybe being buddies with the Soviets....

Apparently Roddenberry wanted to do a lot more that he ultimately accepted was probably a step too far for the time. George Takei recentlyish talked about having a discussion with Roddenberry about maybe having a gay character but they decided that would probably go over terribly and was better career-wise to not to.

Also as far as weird things go, they went to a lot of effort to hide James Doohan's missing finger.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Colorado Judge To Electors: You Will Vote For The Winner Of The Statewide Result Or Face Charges

How dare they!

quote:

To: Kaslin

These electors want a civil war? They’d get Red Dawned so hard

3 posted on 12/15/2016 3:03:49 PM PST by ari-freedom (Chicken Little Concerned for Trump people are almost as annoying as NeverTrumpers!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

I’m sure there will be at least one judge on the weekend to throw confusion into this. They have been doing all of their dirty deeds on the weekend when there are no Conservative voices for 2 days. I can’t wait until the electors vote for Trump. After that they can’t claim and real justifiable way to overthrow the will of the electorate.

4 posted on 12/15/2016 3:05:00 PM PST by wiseprince

quote:

The left can't contemplate being without power.

A leftist without power is like Reddy Kilowatt without electricity.

7 posted on 12/15/2016 3:06:03 PM PST by oblomov (We have passed the point where "law," properly speaking, has any further application. - C. Thomas)

quote:

To: Repeal 16-17

They’d probably all vote for Romney (or at least try to organize well enough to get that done). Then they would rely on the fact that Republicans are also slime and don’t want a non-politician to be President and would prefer Romney over Trump

8 posted on 12/15/2016 3:06:59 PM PST by wiseprince
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

Wait a minute... Didn't Clinton win Colorado?

quote:

To: Mark17

“Didn’t the Hildebeast win Colorado?”

Yes, she did. Nine votes and their plan is to screw Trump by not voting for Hillary.

Liberalism is a mental disease.

10 posted on 12/15/2016 3:10:13 PM PST by Dalberg-Acton
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

Eh, who cares? LIBERALS! :argh:

quote:

To: oblomov

“...The left can’t contemplate being without power...”

Then they’re just going to have suck on it for a while, aren’t they, and get used to it?

Their little Bolshevik revolution is over and about to start being dismantled.

Gee... doesn’t that just warm the heart on a cold day??? :^)

11 posted on 12/15/2016 3:13:28 PM PST by NFHale (The Second Amendment - By Any Means Necessary.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Is there a way to know how these electors voted? By name?

12 posted on 12/15/2016 3:16:00 PM PST by SkyDancer

quote:

“ruling also empowered the secretary of state to replace rogue electors and file charges against them for violating state election law “

This part of the ruling sounds illegitimate. This sounds like the job of the legislature, not a judge.

15 posted on 12/15/2016 3:21:20 PM PST by 17th Miss Regt

:tinfoil:

quote:

...If this lawsuit was successful, the DEMOCRATIC Electors in Colorado would be free to vote as they want. How’s that supposed to hurt Trump?...

If it had been successful, it would also allow other electors in states with the same law that currently binds electors to vote for the candidate who win the state to vote for ANYONE they wanted to. That’s why they filed the suit.

17 posted on 12/15/2016 3:24:08 PM PST by Sasparilla (I 'm Not Tired Of Winning)

quote:

To: Dacula

...If this lawsuit was successful, the DEMOCRATIC Electors in Colorado would be free to vote as they want. How’s that supposed to hurt Trump?...

Per Rush they just want a Federal Judge ( Clinton Appointed) to show Electors they are free to vote for who they want

20 posted on 12/15/2016 3:26:32 PM PST by scooby321 (o even lower)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 18 | View Replies]

quote:

To: 17th Miss Regt

Uh maybe the state legislator passed the election laws for their state that allow the secretary of state to do this? The judge might be reciting state law in his ruling.

23 posted on 12/15/2016 3:30:45 PM PST by snarkytart
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

quote:

You can’t really blame the little crybabies.

They’ve been taught their whole lives, in theory and example, that no crime, hypocrisy, lie, omission, outburst, or contradiction is bad if it is in support of the leftist cause.

24 posted on 12/15/2016 3:32:34 PM PST by Rinnwald

And noe Freep is getting completely delusional.

quote:

“If this lawsuit was successful, the DEMOCRATIC Electors in Colorado would be free to vote as they want. How’s that supposed to hurt Trump?”

their traitorous pipedream was that ALL 232 Hillary Electors would join 37 Trump Electors and ALL vote for someone like Kasich.

25 posted on 12/15/2016 3:35:41 PM PST by catnipman (Cat Nipman: Vote Republican in 2012 and only be called racist one more time!)

quote:

To: catnipman

[T]heir traitorous pipedream was that ALL 232 Hillary Electors would join 37 Trump Electors and ALL vote for someone like Kasich.

Another example of Liberalism being a mental disorder.

28 posted on 12/15/2016 3:45:03 PM PST by Repeal 16-17 (Let me know when the Shooting starts.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

“How’s that supposed to hurt Trump?”

Liberals are throwing every piece of alimentary product they can defecate at the wall in the hopes that some of it will stick. I am 62 and I have never seen anything to compare with the hysteria we are witnessing. It would be entertaining except it indicates real trouble down the road. The hysteria not only shows no sign of abatement, it appears to be increasing.

Someone should suggest that if enough of them douse themselves in gasoline and set it alight that Hillary will have to be made president.

26 posted on 12/15/2016 3:38:29 PM PST by Gen.Blather

quote:

Its over.

Trump didn’t win CO but the electors here need to follow the law.

If they can’t, they can and will be replaced.

I hope the message sinks in with TX elector Chris Suprun.

His Hamilton Elector buddies won’t be there to help him justify his planned betrayal of TX voters.

I don’t expect any real drama Monday when electors around the country meet to formally elect the President and Vice President Of The United States.

And that will be Donald Trump and Mike Pence.

31 posted on 12/15/2016 3:55:39 PM PST by goldstategop ((In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever))

quote:

To: RightInTheMain

I keep expecting the weasels in the leadership in Congress to pull that one to stay in leadership. So far they haven’t had to, but I bet they will if they do.

34 posted on 12/15/2016 4:13:04 PM PST by thoughtomator (Purple: the color of sedition)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

quote:

They were trying to create a precedent for Republican electors in other states.

37 posted on 12/15/2016 4:34:46 PM PST by Voluntaryist

quote:

To: Gen.Blather

“Someone should suggest that if enough of them douse themselves in gasoline and set it alight that Hillary will have to be made president.”

May I suggest that they start the opening bid at 50 million libs?

Fewer than that, and I think Trump will still be president. Definitely 50 million to get the ball rolling, don’t you think?

38 posted on 12/15/2016 4:57:37 PM PST by Windflier (Pitchforks and torches ripen on the vine. Left too long, they become black rifles.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 26 | View Replies]

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Zipperelli. posted:

Holy poo poo, please tell me you know books/chapters/verses off the top of your head?

It's been a while since I've read any of the 3 major holy books, so I can't remember much of any of them.

From a while ago but this collects some of the choice quotes.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Good to see someone 's still holding the birtherism/pizzagate torch high and stupid. I would think freep actually grew a second brain cell

Jagged Jim posted:

These electors want a civil war? They’d get Red Dawned so hard

3 posted on 12/15/2016 3:03:49 PM PST by ari-freedom (Chicken Little Concerned for Trump people are almost as annoying as NeverTrumpers!)

Red Dawn requires a bit more than moral loving Christians sending death threats and screaming about the injustice of people having free will (which their god supposedly gifted because it was important to have it) on a website so out of touch with reality Harry Potter books look like an encyclopedia collection in comparison

quote:

“Didn’t the Hildebeast win Colorado?”

Yes, she did. Nine votes and their plan is to screw Trump by not voting for Hillary.

Liberalism is a mental disease.

10 posted on 12/15/2016 3:10:13 PM PST by Dalberg-Acton

Ok, it's late and my shift is almost over, so pardon me, but how does this make any goddamned sense?

V I don't get that either? He's getting death threats and this is his fault?
However I do roll my eyes at all the freepers crying over it like they haven't been saying the same poo poo for 8 years straight

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Dec 16, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I... I actualy dry heaved reading this. Holy gently caress freep. I genuinely hope this guy gets smacked by a bus and has to live the rest of his life in constant agonizing pain.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Ok, it's late and my shift is almost over, so pardon me, but how does this make any goddamned sense?

Freep (and a lot of rightwingers) are caught in the grips of full blown paranoia that faithless EC Electors are going to cost Trump the Presidency somehow so with something like this instead of it just being Democrats are incredibly dumb it's really some elaborate plot to strike down anti-faithless elector laws nationwide.

The best part about this is after the EC we will still have another month of Freepers freaking the gently caress out about how Obama is going to declare Martial Law and declare himself President for Life. :shepicide:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Man, I can't believe how badly having a black man as president just utterly annihilated people's minds.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Dylann Roof found guilty on all counts in Charleston church massacre trial

Let's see what Freep has to say about this.

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

This pitiful sad sack?

Any real redneck would put him to shame.

2 posted on 12/15/2016 7:51:02 PM PST by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

:heritage:

quote:

Die sob. We don’t kill innocent Christians over the flag that I love!

4 posted on 12/15/2016 8:08:01 PM PST by WENDLE (Merry CHRISTx.)

quote:

They need to give him a seat in mr. zappy

6 posted on 12/15/2016 8:16:18 PM PST by GraceG (Only a fool works hard in an environment where hard work is not appreciated...)

quote:

If we did allow torture this guy deserves it. Tricking those poor people who opened their hearts to pray with him and welcome him. Death is too good.

9 posted on 12/15/2016 8:20:24 PM PST by Yaelle

quote:

He walked in on innocent people at prayer, they welcomed him, he murdered them. Yeah, he’s pretty much garbage wrapped in skin.

11 posted on 12/15/2016 8:27:38 PM PST by AnotherUnixGeek

quote:

I hope that demonic little creature will be executed soon. I curse the day he was born. He went to that church and was with the people there a while before he killed them. Senseless yet calculated evil.

14 posted on 12/15/2016 9:01:27 PM PST by Wilhelm Tell (True or False? This is not a tag line.)

quote:

To: Wingy

A civilized public hanging explicitly sanctioned by law would be a better outcome.

17 posted on 12/15/2016 9:35:13 PM PST by flamberge (What next?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 15 | View Replies]

Obama! :argh:

quote:

To: Wilhelm Tell

He almost changed his mind because they were so nice to him.

While nothing justifies what he did he was inspired by the racial tensions stirred up by Obama and the corrupt media. Too bad they won’t be held accountable, too.

18 posted on 12/15/2016 9:38:43 PM PST by Moonman62 (Make America Great Again!)

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

I'm...actually surprised that most Freepers hate Roof. Besides that one guy saying it was Obama's fault, I thought more of them would go into apologetics.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Sometimes the fact that something they like is bad registers to the freeper mind.

When confronted with such cognitive dissonance, disown reality and act as if you're the victim.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Facebook Plans to Demote Fake News on Its Site posted by freeper Theo

That's the WSJ version of the article. You might want to review Facebook's announcement itself

Facebook posted:

We believe providing more context can help people decide for themselves what to trust and what to share. We’ve started a program to work with third-party fact checking organizations that are signatories of Poynter’s International Fact Checking Code of Principles. We’ll use the reports from our community, along with other signals, to send stories to these organizations. If the fact checking organizations identify a story as fake, it will get flagged as disputed and there will be a link to the corresponding article explaining why. Stories that have been disputed may also appear lower in News Feed.

[image of a news story with a dispute alert]

It will still be possible to share these stories, but you will see a warning that the story has been disputed as you share.

[image of a post confirmation prompt warning about the dispute]

Informed Sharing

We’re always looking to improve News Feed by listening to what the community is telling us. We’ve found that if reading an article makes people significantly less likely to share it, that may be a sign that a story has misled people in some way. We’re going to test incorporating this signal into ranking, specifically for articles that are outliers, where people who read the article are significantly less likely to share it.
Facebook is only using some of the organizations listed in the link to the fact checking principles. The usual suspects are there (Snopes, factcheck.org, Politifact), but shockingly few US news organizations - ABC News, the AP, and the Washington Post are the only ones there so far. I'm hoping this move by Facebook will put some additional market pressure on news organizations with fact checking groups to join up.

Breitbart was none too pleased by this development.

I'm sure you know what freep thinks.

quote:

quote:

To: Theo

So, Snopes.com, Politifact, ABC News and Factcheck.org will ultimately determine if news is “fake” or not.

What could go wrong?

2 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:13:56 AM by Theo (FReeping since 1998 ... drain the swamp.)

Well, for one, they are not going to have much news, at all, on the site now. It's pretty well all fake now.

3 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:15:17 AM by Zarro (Oh, we don't call them the "MSM" any longer; they are now the "Basket of Detestables")

You know, despite my constant discussion about how hosed we are because of the news source distrust issue, I kind of want to see what Gab looks like long-term. It's not going to be long before the platform becomes unusuable due to constant unchecked harassment.

quote:

Clock is ticking. A quarter of Facebook users will quit over the next six months.

Gab is knocking on the door, and will take the dissatisfied users with them. With that loss of users and daily numbers....advertising will take a downturn on Facebook and they will start letting software people go by the end of 2017.

4 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:16:40 AM by pepsionice

quote:

To: pepsionice

The problem I have with Gab-beyond the bugs, which I suppose will be worked out once it's out of beta-is the fact that it seems like an echo chamber.

5 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:17:45 AM by OddLane
... says the person in an echo chamber.

quote:

So, which “fake news” MSM will they allow— the WaPo and NYSlimes, and Rolling Stoned, or MF-Jones, or “Weed,Inc.”

For a “social media” site to police the content posted by its “customers” will DOOM the site.

People will have to go back to dialogue and not “snap” chat edited by people unknown, with a nazi agenda.

This post and announcement is Orwellian on its very surface.

7 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:18:26 AM by John S Mosby (Sic Semper Tyrannis)

quote:

To: Pollard

I think in six months...the amount of censorship on Facebook will surprise people. A lot of this will be driven by the German government. At that point, Gab will be the only door open.

20 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:40:02 AM by pepsionice

From another thread

quote:

To: BenLurkin

So everything that is associated with a Soros funded organization or agency will be flagged as fake news, yes?

3 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:26:05 AM by AndyJackson

It's lies all the way down.

quote:

The notion that there is this outpouring of fake news is itself false. It is a lie.

8 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:30:27 AM by bigbob (We have better coverage than Verizon - Can You Hear Us Now?)

savagesusie is in fine form tonight.

quote:

That creepy, nerdy, pimply, emasculated, warped boy is going to censor our news through his little tiny collectivist brain? LOL

We really need to destroy these evil Marxist “gatekeepers” who “think” they have the Right to control what we know.

As Wittgenstein noted-—whoever can control our information/Words—will be able to control our perceptions of Reality. It is VERY DANGEROUS to let ANYONE control our information.

It has been done for 100 years —we had an evil elite who has controlled our information until the internet which broke the stranglehold so truth could finally dribble through the cracks.

It is why government has to be OUT of education-—they are deliberately destroying the Minds of children with their programming of lies and misinformation to destroy the ability for children to have agency and think for themselves. Schools no longer give the tools to “think critically” which is ONLY Classical Christian curricula-—all else is irrational, removed from Science and Logic and all about “feelings’/subjective—like that worthless, evil, man-hating department “women’s studies” which only teaches women to despise males and hate the Natural Family and kill their own genetic offspring.

14 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:54:01 AM by savagesusie (When Law ceases to be Just, it ceases to be Law. (Thomas A./Founders/John Marshall)/Nuremberg)

quote:

Soros-funded Snopes to gets to decide what views can be posted on the Internet.

Hilarious! Liberals now get to decide what is news.

20 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:53:49 PM by goldstategop ((In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever))

From yet another thread

Go look up Journo-list if you don't know what that was.

quote:

quote:

So, Soros-funded libs at SNOPES, and Clinton-Connected "Journo-list"'ers at ABC News will be the final arbitrators of what Facebook determines to be "Fake News".
What could possibly be wrong with such "Fair-minded" people judging what is newsworthy, and what isn't?

This is called CENSORSHIP, folks!

1 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:28:24 AM by tcrlaf

Well, once you’re publically assisting Merkel in Genocide, what’s a little censorship?

3 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:30:41 AM by The Toll
Anyone have any idea about what the genocide thing is on about?

quote:

To: tcrlaf

The Lying Left trying to distract from their media barrage of constant lies wants to shift attention to what the Left calls “Fake News” which is whatever the Left says it is. The Left itself is fake and everything they do is fake, Forgetabout the Fake Left and their attempted Fakeouts.

9 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:34:19 AM by Jim 0216
fake fake fake
Fake! Fake! Fake!
FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE

quote:

I despise Zuckerberg. Maybe it’s because he is Jewish but also an atheist. A Jewish man who denies the role G-d has played in the history of his people is a supreme idiot, IMHO.

25 posted on 12/15/2016, 12:05:46 PM by Ciaphas Cain (The choice to be stupid is not a conviction I am obligated to respect.)

*sigh*

quote:

SNOPES still says that Muslims cheering in New York on 911 was fake. Others like Coulter firmly say it is true. Who is lying?

36 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:49:24 PM by Sam Gamgee

Freep opinion: What's reading comprehension? What's the burden of proof?

quote:

To: ExSoldier

http://www.snopes.com/black-mob-beats-white-man-for-voting-trump/

So this story, which has got a lot of traction in conservative circles, snopes is saying is unproven. (hmm)

39 posted on 12/15/2016, 2:01:07 PM by Sam Gamgee

From still another thread

quote:

To: DeweyCA

Facebook is a fascist enterprise.

They’ve got to be in violation of some anti-trust or RICO article.

2 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:40:42 PM by PGR88

Do we have a thousand pixel tall :irony:?

quote:

"The plan is to add a link to stories which readers have identified as fake."

An absolutely asinine idea. Leftist activists will be branding everything as "fake" that they don't agree with, even if it is undeniably true.

3 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:42:05 PM by Steve_Seattle

quote:

Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Hitler would be proud of facebook.

4 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:43:30 PM by ColdOne (( I miss my poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~ Not tired of winning.)

quote:

The censorship mechanisms will be put in place, tested and refined.

Then they can throttle them up when needed (on order from the Democrat Party).

6 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:44:28 PM by BeauBo

quote:

They’ll be using lying Soros-funded Snopes to censor fake news.

Yup, liberals will gag you for telling the truth.

14 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:50:19 PM by goldstategop ((In Memory Of A Dearly Beloved Friend Who Lives In My Heart Forever))

Freep opinion: reddit is a host of rational political debate where the hivemind just downvotes things into oblivion.

quote:

"We’ve started a program to work with third-party fact checking organizations that are signatories of Poynter’s International Fact Checking Code of Principles.

Hiring some "ministry of truth" invites the biases of the "ministry of truth" you hire. I am dubious about them being impartial as to political ideology, but expect them to bow to SJW pressure and become tyrannical.

Reddit uses a better method--the users themselves identify a BS posting and down-vote it into oblivion. The setup of facebook allows BS to go viral with no check from its regular users.

17 posted on 12/15/2016, 2:03:20 PM by AndyTheBear

Freep opinion: There is only liberal and conservative. If it is not one, it must be the other. There is no gray area.

quote:

To: AndyTheBear

What they should do is label stories based on political slant. Why go through the effort to lose whatever shred of credibility they have left? If it is liberal news, say it. If it is conservative news, say it.

18 posted on 12/15/2016, 2:06:40 PM by EQAndyBuzz (Too. Much. Winning.)

This is a reply to the OP, for uncontext.

quote:

Every liberal is a totalitarian thug.

24 posted on 12/15/2016, 2:28:51 PM by stinkerpot65 (Global warming is a Marxist lie.)

This is freep copypasta. No, really, google the first few words.

quote:

Liberals LOVE censorship because their ideas are so easy to show as bullsh*t.

Liberals are the most greedy, fascist, hate-filled, mean-spirited, envious, resentful, vicious, close-minded, violent, murdering, child-abusing, amoral, stupid, censoring, horse-punching, book-burning, ignorant, uneducated, unskilled, childish, prejudiced, racist, women-hating, man-hating, perverted, thieving, destructive, American-hating, Christian-hating, muslim-loving, communist, vote-rigging, vulgar, dirty, smelly, election-rejecting, regressive, restrictive, prohibitive, bed-wetting, poo-flinging, cop-killing, and scared little lying thumb-sucking idiots God has ever created.

31 posted on 12/15/2016, 3:22:28 PM by CodeToad (If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!)

From the didn't-read-the-article department (or from the the-article-is-poo poo department, I didn't even check)

quote:

Get the popcorn ready.

They’re going to label something ‘fake news’ and then get sued for defamation.

And the opposite too: they’re going to miss labeling a story about some quack cure as ‘fake’ and get sued by someone who believed it.

Soon Facebook will be as unreliable as the news they’re trying to control.

33 posted on 12/15/2016, 3:25:28 PM by IncPen (I just found out that PIAPS is a reference to the "Pig In A Pants Suit". Ha! #NeverHillary)

I have no words for my reaction to the placement of RT and Sputnik on this chart.

quote:

To: DeweyCA; All

35 posted on 12/15/2016, 3:36:27 PM by Enlightened1

quote:

To: Steve_Seattle

You label my news as fake and I can prove it...Sweetie,we have billion dollar lawsuit for SLANDER..After all,it was YOUR FACT CHECKERS who said my news was fake...There is malice if your checkers are liberal and my news is pro life,pro conservative or pro Trump...

40 posted on 12/15/2016, 4:07:04 PM by Hambone 1934

There's another thread, but it's dead and boring, just like me.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I wonder why they don't boycott FB like they claim to boycott everything else that offends them.

Probably because they can't claim to boycott it and still post there, like they can claim to boycott Coca-Cola for having foreign languages in a commercial but still buy it and hide it in the basement fridge.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

McGlockenshire posted:

I have no words for my reaction to the placement of RT and Sputnik on this chart.

My words are uncontrollable laughter, holy poo poo they live in a loving parallel world :wtc:

Also totes stealing that one for the PYF awful chart thread.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Fathis Munk posted:

My words are uncontrollable laughter, holy poo poo they live in a loving parallel world :wtc:

Also totes stealing that one for the PYF awful chart thread.

To be fair it did list them as high State-Run/Foreign Influenced. (and high "Freedom" :wtf:)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

Minnesota players boycott football after suspensions due to school's sexual assault investigation

To be honest I'm not entirely certain how I feel about this: on one hand you have the school punishing players when no charges were filed which sets a bad precedent but on the other hand the players are defending a bunch of rapists. I'm sure Freep will take a nuanced look at a very complex issue

quote:

To: TigerClaws

OK I don’t know anything about this so I don’t have an opinion...(if I was a Democrat I’m sure I would have an opinion with no knowledge about it). What’s the deal here?

2 posted on 12/15/2016 7:59:00 PM PST by Castigar

Feminists! :argh:

quote:

This must happen. This feminist crap has ruined Baylor because their regents are a bunch of Pussies!! Push back on this crap or DIE!

3 posted on 12/15/2016 8:05:58 PM PST by WENDLE (Merry CHRISTx.)

No wait, ATHLETES! :argh:

quote:

To: Castigar

The deal is that University of Missouri last year decided they would protest Black Lives Matter unless the head of the University quit.

The BLM crowd pushed the black players to threaten to not play football unless he quit.

The white players backed the black players. The coaches -not wanting to lose their players and jobs - backed the players. The 20 year old punks running the show basically as it is on most college campuses these days.

The university head guy resigned after the alum didn’t want to miss out on football.

Now there’s an accused gang bang rape and 10 players were suspended 3 games. 4 still face expulsion. Their version: “She was drunk and wanted it.”

Now they are suspending those players from the bowl game (maybe fearing Title 9 or something? Obama passed a bunch of new sex assault rules.)

Now the rest of the players for Minnesota are basically playing the same “we won’t play” card.

Here’s what the school needs to do:

PLAY THE GAME AND PARTICIPATE WITH HONOR FOR YOUR SCHOOL OR LOSE YOUR SCHOLARSHIPS AND FREE FOOD AND HOUSING.

Will the school man up?

Or will it be another cave in?

4 posted on 12/15/2016 8:06:05 PM PST by TigerClaws

quote:

Cancel their scholarships.

Permanently.

6 posted on 12/15/2016 8:10:23 PM PST by castlebrew (Gun Control means hitting where you're aiming!))

quote:

To: castlebrew

And, since he supports this - fire the coach. Now.

8 posted on 12/15/2016 8:12:39 PM PST by castlebrew (Gun Control means hitting where you're aiming!))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: castlebrew

Agree.

Scholarships are based on participation in athletes. Don’t participate, you lose your scholarship.

Someone needs to man up.

Trump has re-attached the BALLS to America. Hope even the Gopher near Canadians wimpy men wake up and realize who runs the show.

Just like Reagan and the air traffic controllers. Fire the bastards.

9 posted on 12/15/2016 8:15:16 PM PST by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

Supportive players are mad there has been no Due Process.

Remember that quaint American concept?

10 posted on 12/15/2016 8:21:38 PM PST by Finalapproach29er (luke 6:38)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Finalapproach29er

The powers that be will cave.

11 posted on 12/15/2016 8:23:00 PM PST by DIRTYSECRET (urope. Why do they put up with this.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies]

quote:

Does the sexual assault claim sound legitimate, or does it sound like some sort of feminist fraud?

12 posted on 12/15/2016 8:23:14 PM PST by Steve_Seattle

quote:

Yeah well some chick makes an allegation and the eggheads decide that 10 players are guilty before they’ve had a trial.Sounds like Duke. I’m on the players side

14 posted on 12/15/2016 8:25:07 PM PST by Lent

Title IX! :argh:

quote:

The players were accused of sexually assault earlier in the season. The police investigated and the DA declined to press charges do to a lack of evidence.
Despite that, the school went ahead and suspended the players.

Don't know if it is legit or another case of guys getting railroaded by 0bama’s new title IX rules.

15 posted on 12/15/2016 8:25:15 PM PST by fungoking (Tis a pleasure to live in the 0zarks)

Wow, it's like two trains heading towards each other full blast.

quote:

To: TigerClaws; All

I think the usual reflexive knee jerkers on this forum calling for these kids to have their scholarships revoked or to suit up with pride, need to take a step back and realize these players are standing up against PC bullshit. All 10 were exonerated by law enforcement and no charges filed. Yet the school has seen fit to recommend expulsion for 4 and 1 year suspensions for the rest. Good for the team. This PC stuff has to stop. They were exonerated by law enforcement. Curfews and team rules that may have been broken are one thing, but by all accounts, these players did not break the law or assault the alleged victim.

16 posted on 12/15/2016 8:28:37 PM PST by usafa92 (Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States)

quote:

To: Castigar

I've read about it....these 10 apparently were involved with a sexual assault on a girl back in Sept. the girl had been drinking and went to a guys house, and line of these football players had at her....she went from there directly to the hospital and reported it to the police however no charges were ever filed...

I hope they do boycott....I hope they all get kicked off the team and loose their scholarships....

between this and the Missouri debacle someone has to stand up to these perfumed fancy pants players and tell who the hell is in charge...

whether they think its right that those players got the boot or not, the rest of the team has been paid to play and they are essentially breaking their contract....

17 posted on 12/15/2016 8:30:28 PM PST by cherry

Then again if any can still manage to lose even after their opponent has forfeited it's Washington State.

quote:

To: lodi90

So my question is. . . . .

How will the Cougs coug this one?

21 posted on 12/15/2016 8:45:17 PM PST by TheConservator ("The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 20 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TheConservator

How will the Cougs coug this one?
= = =

Don’t worry.

They can coug anything.

Lots of experience.

23 posted on 12/15/2016 9:02:15 PM PST by Scrambler Bob (LOTS of /s)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies]

Revolution Civil War is coming!

quote:

You know we are approaching another civil war - just a matter of time.

24 posted on 12/15/2016 9:05:38 PM PST by Digger
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies]

quote:

Comment #27 Removed by Moderator

quote:

To: wrench

This is a ‘race card’ issue.

Go play the game and do what you’re getting a free ride to do, or leave the school.

Schools don’t go by criminal proceeding levels of proof. The school in Duke said the kids were guilty and did zero investigation before drawing that conclusion.

Playing football is a privilege, not a right.

Schools need to teach the athletes not willing to play a life lesson here and kick them off the campus.

28 posted on 12/15/2016 9:41:57 PM PST by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

quote:

To: BookmanTheJanitor

Welcome to 2016.

If you’re drunk, you can’t f*ck. It’s deemed non-consensual if the woman is drunk.

29 posted on 12/15/2016 9:43:29 PM PST by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 27 | View Replies]

quote:

Florida State. Girl says she’s raped. Turns out it’s by the star quarterback. The investigators are all part of the university which is all about the football money.

Think Penn State.

Everything is swept under the rug. Perp walks. Girl leaves the school.

Apparently they made a video. Show it to a grand jury and let them decide. Plus, that’s CRIMINAL standards. Beyond reasonable doubt.

College doesn’t go by that to be able to kick a player out.

In fact, consensual gang bang might still be a violation of the school policies on sex or morals or what can take place on college campus property.

But... all about money.

Crap on our American flag and kneel for the anthem? That’s fine, we want football money.

Play the drat game like you’re receiving a financial benefit to do (school tuition, housing, and food, plus the kickbacks most get) and STFU.

34 posted on 12/15/2016 9:56:07 PM PST by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

Here is what we know: the police investigated and found nothing. The school investigated and found ten men guilty of violating its rules regarding sexual conduct, following directives from the Obama Department of Education. The school’s procedures are opaque (hence we don’t know and can’t know much about the incident). The procedures are loose with regard to due process and light with regard to evidence. So, there is little reason to defer to the decision of the school. We also know that the team is backing their teammates.

As far as I concerned, the decision of the team is as credible as that of the school.

41 posted on 12/16/2016 12:57:53 AM PST by Redmen4ever

quote:

Last time it was black players vs gutless administrators.

This time it’s players vs feminists. I’m interested to see how this plays out.

Pass the popcorn.

46 posted on 12/16/2016 1:39:47 AM PST by SauronOfMordor (Socialists want YOUR wealth redistributed, never THEIRS!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

If a drunk woman decides to get into a car and drive, she is deemed to be fully responsible for her decision, regardless of whether she was too drunk to realize that it was a bad choice.

A more pragmatic rule : women, don’t get drunk around men, unless you are ok with any f*cking which subsequently happens. I’m tired of the “I was drunk and he took advantage of me” line.

48 posted on 12/16/2016 1:55:25 AM PST by SauronOfMordor (Socialists want YOUR wealth redistributed, never THEIRS!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

quote:

To: SauronOfMordor

Just eliminate school sports and teach real subjects.

Nevermind,too much money , gambling and alumni.

Too bad schools don’t emphasize how many students achieve success in their field of study.

50 posted on 12/16/2016 3:15:59 AM PST by hoosierham (Freedom isn't free)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 46 | View Replies]

quote:

The left has shown to have remarkably selective standards towards rape depending on the race of the alleged rapist.

And I am saying alleged.

58 posted on 12/16/2016 4:42:27 AM PST by Hacksaw (I haven't taken the 30 silvers.)

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
So Obama is in a gang now? Are they still on about this "Choom Gang" thing?

By the same metric, Scooby and Shaggy are in a Gang because Fred addresses the group as such. QED.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

To: Wilhelm Tell

He almost changed his mind because they were so nice to him.

While nothing justifies what he did he was inspired by the racial tensions stirred up by Obama and the corrupt media. Too bad they won’t be held accountable, too.

18 posted on 12/15/2016 9:38:43 PM PST by Moonman62 (Make America Great Again!)

Yeah, it had nothing to do with him being one racist piece of poo poo in a long line of racist shits that existed long before Obama was even a twinkle in his daddy's eye.

Slashrat posted:

Sometimes the fact that something they like is bad registers to the freeper mind.

When confronted with such cognitive dissonance, disown reality and act as if you're the victim.

Well, they dislike him because it was a Christian church this happened in, so they think it was :siren:CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION:siren: whereas if it'd happened anywhere else he'd be their hero for putting some ferals down

McGlockenshire posted:

SNOPES still says that Muslims cheering in New York on 911 was fake. Others like Coulter firmly say it is true. Who is lying?

36 posted on 12/15/2016, 1:49:24 PM by Sam Gamgee

Well, the answer should be obvious...but these are people that think Trump is a master chess player that is always honest and working in their interests rather than a bumbling idiot...so, yeah

skaboomizzy posted:

I wonder why they don't boycott FB like they claim to boycott everything else that offends them.

Probably because they can't claim to boycott it and still post there, like they can claim to boycott Coca-Cola for having foreign languages in a commercial but still buy it and hide it in the basement fridge.

Plus there are substitutes out there for Coke.
FB really doesn't have one and the one attempt like minded idiots like freep tried got so hammered by trolling from SA that it got locked down to the three original mods and died

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Dec 16, 2016

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

robotsinmyhead posted:

So Obama is in a gang now? Are they still on about this "Choom Gang" thing?

By the same metric, Scooby and Shaggy are in a Gang because Fred addresses the group as such. QED.

Obama is black ergo he's a Blood or a Crip.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

SocketWrench posted:

Well, they dislike him because it was a Christian church this happened in, so they think it was :siren:CHRISTIAN PERSECUTION:siren: whereas if it'd happened anywhere else he'd be their hero for putting some ferals down

Nah, even if this happened in a mosque it would be a false flag, remember the Comet Pizza gunman.

Look, if you can't trust He-Man and Man-at-Arms, who can you trust?

quote:

You know we are approaching another civil war - just a matter of time.

24 posted on 12/15/2016 9:05:38 PM PST by Digger

You idiots won! You couldn't have won any loving harder! What do you want?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

If a drunk woman decides to get into a car and drive, she is deemed to be fully responsible for her decision, regardless of whether she was too drunk to realize that it was a bad choice.

A more pragmatic rule : women, don’t get drunk around men, unless you are ok with any f*cking which subsequently happens. I’m tired of the “I was drunk and he took advantage of me” line.

48 posted on 12/16/2016 1:55:25 AM PST by SauronOfMordor (Socialists want YOUR wealth redistributed, never THEIRS!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 29 | View Replies]

Freep opinion: Men are uncontrollable lust monsters, women are at fault for it

- or -

Freep opinion: Yeah, she was drunk, of course I raped her

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I like that Facebook saying "we're going to tell you if a story has been flagged as disputed but still let you post it if you want to" is Nazi/fascist/liberal/gay/Soros??/Obama/Jews/Atheists censorship

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Twelve by Pies posted:

Nah, even if this happened in a mosque it would be a false flag, remember the Comet Pizza gunman.

Oh no, I remember clearly when this story broke and for a few days after till the racism motive was solidified they were all crying "Christian persecution!" at the top of their lungs

quote:

You idiots won! You couldn't have won any loving harder! What do you want?

Complete submission, no dissent, everything reverted to the fifties when muslims weren't an issue, women were making babies and sandwiches, niggers knew their place, beaners stayed in the fields, and gays either kept quiet or got beat down by any random people at any ime till they went straight

Freep opinion: Men are uncontrollable lust monsters, women are at fault for it

- or -

Freep opinion: Yeah, she was drunk, of course I raped her
[/quote]

I've seen cases where if they're both drunk, it's not viewed as serious as rape, since both were intoxicated. But yeah, if you're gonna be that creepy Quagmire type and liquor a girl up just to gently caress her then you fully deserve your rape charge ad should be forced to wear it

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Dec 16, 2016

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

So, Snopes.com, Politifact, ABC News and Factcheck.org will ultimately determine if news is “fake” or not.

What could go wrong?

2 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:13:56 AM by Theo (FReeping since 1998 ... drain the swamp.)
See that determination is, and has always been, your. Buuuuuuut: you abdicated that responsibility by refusing to do a .023 second Google search and, instead, just swallowing a regurgitating any and all "news" that reinforced your narrow world view. It's kind of like taking the spoon away from a small child failing to eat applesauce without smearing it in their hair.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
The thread on the final Obama press conference is 500 replies long. Any takers?

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

That creepy, nerdy, pimply, emasculated, warped boy is going to censor our news through his little tiny collectivist brain? LOL

We really need to destroy these evil Marxist “gatekeepers” who “think” they have the Right to control what we know.

As Wittgenstein noted-—whoever can control our information/Words—will be able to control our perceptions of Reality. It is VERY DANGEROUS to let ANYONE control our information.

It has been done for 100 years —we had an evil elite who has controlled our information until the internet which broke the stranglehold so truth could finally dribble through the cracks.

It is why government has to be OUT of education-—they are deliberately destroying the Minds of children with their programming of lies and misinformation to destroy the ability for children to have agency and think for themselves. Schools no longer give the tools to “think critically” which is ONLY Classical Christian curricula-—all else is irrational, removed from Science and Logic and all about “feelings’/subjective—like that worthless, evil, man-hating department “women’s studies” which only teaches women to despise males and hate the Natural Family and kill their own genetic offspring.

14 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:54:01 AM by savagesusie (When Law ceases to be Just, it ceases to be Law. (Thomas A./Founders/John Marshall)/Nuremberg)

I love the random people she namedrops. For example, well known bisexual, second richest guy in Europe, Bertrand Russel's prize student Ludwig Wittgenstein, or a few pages ago, rabidly anti democratic, antisemetic monarchist Dostoevsky, who considered the Catholics socialists, and Protestantism a spiritual dead end. I wonder where she picks them up. And that's not even mentioning the obscure Hegelians she credits with the left wing socialist conspiracy, like Fichte (she never specifies which one) early in this thread.

Tiberius Thyben fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 17, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Given her thought process, probably some nutter blog she follows that blames all the world's problems on *insert random villain here* of the day. It's like when they learn a new word and then try to use it as much as possible.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

McGlockenshire posted:

The thread on the final Obama press conference is 500 replies long. Any takers?

quote:

To: GraceG

I will take weeks to get the Stank out of AF1. Might as well let Trump use his plane.
He probably will be spending a couple of the first weeks Draining the (drat Cesspool) Swamp!

253 posted on 12/16/2016 12:19:19 PM PST by GOYAKLA ( "Suck it up Buttercup"; Pick-up the pace, I'm eighty-one!)

No thanks, I'm good.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Ahh that's what they mean by draining the swamp. Getting that Obama stank out..

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From China's Navy seizes American underwater drone in South China Sea posted by freeper mandalon

quote:

To: mandaladon

Let's see what Zero does now...

Apology. That is what he is good at.

4 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:07:42 AM by Henderson (blood is thicker than only water)

quote:

Would this be considered piracy?

I think sinking the Chinese ship would be fully justified.

5 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:08:29 AM by ClearCase_guy (Abortion is what slavery was: immoral but not illegal. Not yet.)

quote:

Obama-Kerry-Clinton Foundation Technology Transfer.

Just like it was to the Iranians.

7 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:11:57 AM by Diogenesis ("When a crime is unpunished, the world is unbalanced.")
Why the hell would we need to give tech to the Chinese? They already build everything we have.

Oh good, yet another thread dedicated to just making GBS threads on Obama.

quote:

Barack Hussein has always been the kid who gets sand kicked in his face at the beach, and he’s spending his last five weeks in our White House suffering the same humiliation. I’ll be thrilled to have a real American back in our White House after eight years of weakness.

9 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:12:34 AM by Pollster1 ("Governments derive their just powers from the consent of the governed")

quote:

Yahoo News=fake news. More likely a false flag to disrupt the inauguration.

14 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:16:42 AM by WKUHilltopper

quote:

To: tet68

A parting gift to the chicoms from the nobama regime perhaps.

Consider it a technology transfer in plain sight.

I’m sure that capitan ketchup kerry is writing a very, very, stern letter to his comrades (oops, I mean the PRC) as we speak.

If this happened under President Trump’s watch OTOH, that drone sub would have been equipped with a 10 megaton thermonuclear self destruct mechanism.

17 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:18:35 AM by factoryrat (We reserve the producers, the creators. Grow it, mine it, build it.)

quote:

Let's see what Zero does now...

He will no doubt refrain from making this charge publicly but have his surrogates blame Trump and claim this is a reaction by China to the "offensive" telephone call with Taiwan.

In that he will probably be right but we ought not to believe that we are dealing with the real problem in this tit-for-tat but only the symptoms of an increasingly aggressive and lawless China. We make a phone call, they steal. The left will use this as evidence that Trump is ignorant and clumsy in matters of diplomacy and international relations and therefore a danger in the Oval Office.

We must understand that this sort of irruption is simply the consequence of a situation that has been permitted to get out of control by eight years of Obama's neglect.

Meanwhile, we are entering a very dangerous month until Obama is out of office. He clearly will not have the country behind him to take action, just as he clearly does not have the country behind him to take action against the Russians for their allegedly hacking. Any action he takes will likely only spin out of control and he should refrain from any brinksmanship even at a diplomatic rather than a military level.

20 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:20:23 AM by nathanbedford (attack, repeat, attack! Bull Halsey)

quote:

Pay back for Trump’s Taiwan phone call. The Chinese know the Marxist Muslim wont even comment on it. They dont do this if Trump is president.

25 posted on 12/16/2016, 9:26:39 AM by Freedom_Is_Not_Free (The GOP will see the light, because Trump will make them feel the heat.)

So, it's a) Obama's fault for their perceptions of him, b) Trump's fault for talking to Taiwan, c) a false flag, and d) fake news... sometimes some of the above at the same time.

I mean look at this poo poo.

quote:

To: Henderson

He won't do anything but bow and scrape like the eunuch he is. He only goes after patriotic Americans who disagree with him.

49 posted on 12/16/2016, 10:08:51 AM by peeps36 (Obama = the skidmark on America's underwear.)

loving freepers.

quote:

quote:

To: HarleyLady27

You can bet your life that this won’t happen on President Trump’s watch...

I won’t take that bet...

You think the Chinese aren’t going to test Trump from day one?

60 posted on 12/16/2016, 10:22:30 AM by Popman

They will only test him ONCE...that will be the end of it...

You look at who Trump has put where...that should explain what he plans on doing...

61 posted on 12/16/2016, 10:25:59 AM by HarleyLady27 ('THE FORCE AWAKENS!!!' Trump/Pence: MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!)

loving freepers.

quote:

Spying on the Chinks’ own backyard...

64 posted on 12/16/2016, 10:33:28 AM by JimRed (Is it 1776 yet? TERM LIMITS, now and forever! Build the Wall, NOW!)

Meanwhile back in Obamaland,

quote:

To: kabar

Yep even though, as others here have also commented, he probably coordinated it with China. That’s how he rolls.

82 posted on 12/16/2016, 11:51:40 AM by Moonlighter

quote:

I don’t think this has to be so difficult. We, (when Trump is in office) quietly notify the Chi-coms that we will begin turning their commercial vessels away from US waters until we get the UUV back.

No Chi-com vessels are allowed to off load cargo in the US until the drone is returned.

85 posted on 12/16/2016, 1:41:47 PM by Cuttnhorse
This is exactly what everyone is afraid of, you dumbshits. A trade war with China will impact the global loving economy.
You're talking about creating a global recession (or even a full fledged depression) just because you want to demonstrate how loving "strong" you are.

Clunk Tap It
May 1, 2014

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

Well, once you’re publically assisting Merkel in Genocide, what’s a little censorship?

3 posted on 12/15/2016, 10:30:41 AM by The Toll
Anyone have any idea about what the genocide thing is on about?

I'm guessing that since Merkel once to let Syrian refugees in, she obviously has no motives besides inviting in terrorists to slaughter and outbreed the white natives.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

SocketWrench posted:

Given her thought process, probably some nutter blog she follows that blames all the world's problems on *insert random villain here* of the day. It's like when they learn a new word and then try to use it as much as possible.

I was recently wondering if the combined GDP of the entire world would even be enough money to fund half the poo poo they say George Soros pays for

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Jagged Jim posted:

To: GraceG

I will take weeks to get the Stank out of AF1. Might as well let Trump use his plane.
He probably will be spending a couple of the first weeks Draining the (drat Cesspool) Swamp!

253 posted on 12/16/2016 12:19:19 PM PST by GOYAKLA ( "Suck it up Buttercup"; Pick-up the pace, I'm eighty-one!)

Considering he just spent a month flooding his own...doubtfull

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

Oh good, yet another thread dedicated to just making GBS threads on Obama.

Because he isn't ordering a full out military strike over technology that the Chinese sell to us on ebay.