Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*Trying the Salamence Challenge on Route 3*
*Runs into Bagon after 20 minutes*
*Uses Adrenaline Orb and False Swipe in order*
*Bagons keep getting called*
*30 minutes later*
*Bagons still get called*
*Shiny Bagon appears*
*20 minutes later*
*Still fighting Bagons*
*No sign of Salamence*
Now I know how Gladion feels.

(Somebody please trade me a Salamence so I can make up for one lost hour)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

bobjr posted:

Litten gets it the worst sometimes.

Don't try this on an Incineroar.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well yea, he'd just take it off

opposable thumbs and all

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

I am encountering some problems with Pokemon Sun and was hoping to get help.

Sometimes when I use Charizard Glide, the screen goes black and softlocks. The music still plays. Nothing else, not even home, work.

Any time I try to catch a Pokemon, an error occurs, kicks me out of the game and resets the system.

Few things that may be helpful:
-I own a physical copy of the game.
-These started to happen after I did a system transfer from a 3dsxl to a n3ds.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Oh my god, tonight I've swept multiple battles just using Megagross' Zen Headbutt in Psychic Terrain. I can't breathe. Tapu Lele has blessed us all.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Tapus are good.

Like design wise, I can't say anything about competitive or whatever.

Design wise they're fine, but auto terrain was a profoundly stupid idea so now instead of Mega Khan's on every team you're seeing a tapu on every drat team.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Grouchio posted:

*Trying the Salamence Challenge on Route 3*
*Runs into Bagon after 20 minutes*
*Uses Adrenaline Orb and False Swipe in order*
*Bagons keep getting called*
*30 minutes later*
*Bagons still get called*
*Shiny Bagon appears*
*20 minutes later*
*Still fighting Bagons*
*No sign of Salamence*
Now I know how Gladion feels.

(Somebody please trade me a Salamence so I can make up for one lost hour)

Do you still want a salamance?
4210-5409-4092 Joakim

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Abundant Atrophy posted:

Do you still want a salamance?
4210-5409-4092 Joakim
Absolutely. I use WTS/Trade Link, right?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Night Blade posted:

Design wise they're fine, but auto terrain was a profoundly stupid idea so now instead of Mega Khan's on every team you're seeing a tapu on every drat team.
That's still four different Pokémon compared to one.

Abundant Atrophy
Nov 3, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Absolutely. I use WTS/Trade Link, right?

yep, but need your FC first.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Put in my first two hours with Pokemon Sun after getting a n3DS today. :neckbeard: So many mons I want. I did plan poorly though, cuz I want a growlithe but already hav a litten and two fire types seems silly.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Night Blade posted:

I don't play much competitive because i'm bad, so I just think they're pretty cool dudes. Probably my favourite Trio (even though they're a Quartet).

Casu Marzu posted:

Put in my first two hours with Pokemon Sun after getting a n3DS today. :neckbeard: So many mons I want. I did plan poorly though, cuz I want a growlithe but already hav a litten and two fire types seems silly.

I had 3 Fairy Types by the end. No shame in doubling up on types if they're attached to good pals.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Casu Marzu posted:

Friend, enter the world of not caring about balancing your team. It is a happy place.

This is a good gen for it, since you're not even forced to use anything that could learn Surf or Fly!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i named my female salandit 'lizzy mcfire'

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Clawtopsy posted:

i named my female salandit 'lizzy mcfire'

I went with Lisbeth myself.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I wasn't really planning on using the event Munchlax but he rolled an adamant nature first shot and then a wild one I wasn't even looking for dropped Leftovers so I guess we're doing this poo poo now *watches as Snorlax yawns at the Wishiwashi totem and slowly devours it piece by piece in its sleep*

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Dec 17, 2016

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Has there ever had a fly or maggot Pokemon

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Jarogue posted:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
I hope next gen introduces a shachihoko Pokémon

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

JetpackHowwy posted:

I am encountering some problems with Pokemon Sun and was hoping to get help.

Sometimes when I use Charizard Glide, the screen goes black and softlocks. The music still plays. Nothing else, not even home, work.

Any time I try to catch a Pokemon, an error occurs, kicks me out of the game and resets the system.

Few things that may be helpful:
-I own a physical copy of the game.
-These started to happen after I did a system transfer from a 3dsxl to a n3ds.

Your best bet would be to call Nintendo support. At first I thought maybe you just got a bad copy of the game- it happens, but if it started after you did a System Transfer, then that's weird. Definitely call them.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Has anyone had any luck finding HA pokémon on the GTS? I'd happily pay someone an Ice Stone or Bottle Cap or something for an HA Sandshrew, but I don't trust GTS people enough to ask for one via deposit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Jarogue posted:

Unfortunately, not yet

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Cutiefly is a fly!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Improbable Lobster posted:

Unfortunately, not yet

... there was one this gen

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Zore posted:

... there was one this gen

that-s a bee

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kurtofan posted:

that-s a bee

It's a bee fly. Which is a species of fly.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Grubbin is a grub but those look almost identical to maggots, so you could use that as a maggot mon.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
A dumb question. Any cosmogs I get in Moon will turn into moon bat and then I have to trade for a sun lion right?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

FishBulb posted:

A dumb question. Any cosmogs I get in Moon will turn into moon bat and then I have to trade for a sun lion right?

yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Cutiefly is a fly!

No Cutiemaggot though

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

FishBulb posted:

no

Any cosmogs you evolve in Moon turn into moonbat, so just trade it to a Sun version, evolve, have them trade back.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

:toot: man that was painful, but I finally got a HA Sharpedo. Unfortunately it's a male! Still, if I breed with a Ditto the internet tells me I still have a chance to pump out some female Speed Boosters.

edit: double :toot:, 3 perfect IVs including attack

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Has anyone had any luck finding HA pokémon on the GTS? I'd happily pay someone an Ice Stone or Bottle Cap or something for an HA Sandshrew, but I don't trust GTS people enough to ask for one via deposit.

You can normally get want but it can take a few tries.That said I've got a HA Sandshrew you can have if you still need one.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I want a lickitung. This is bullshit :qirex:

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

Your best bet would be to call Nintendo support. At first I thought maybe you just got a bad copy of the game- it happens, but if it started after you did a System Transfer, then that's weird. Definitely call them.

Thanks for the advice. I never dealt with Nintendo's customer service, so it never crossed my mind. Also yeah, I am fairly sure it is the transfer that caused the problem because I made it to the post game with no issues, and that was on my old XL.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
This game rules.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Just got my first hatched shiny.

It didn't have the hidden ability :negative:

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Correct - gens 1 and 2 use a different data structure from 3-7, and I built my living dex by duping legendary birds in Emerald and going Pal Park to Diamond > Data Transfer to Black > Bank to Y to GTS them. It's not insurmountable, but it'd be awkward and undesirable, ref. how they're implementing transfer from VC RBY.

I actually wonder about that, because either they tweaked RBY invisibly or some weird poo poo will happen:
-SpDef IV = SpAtk IV for all gen 1 and 2 mons because they only have the one Special stat
-Those IVs are from 0 to 15 so they have to be multiplied by two and then maybe flip a coin for +1 or else they're all even forever

Also:
-Gen 2 shiny status is based on IVs and not any inherent shiny flag (which doesn't matter NOW, but will if they do GSC)
-No ball tracking (put 'em all in Poke and call it a day)
-They'll all arrive with zero EVs, since gen 1 and 2 used the stat XP system instead
-Abilities (presumably at random, we know that one because they mentioned No Guard Machamp with Fissure will exist)

e: and even ruling out Emerald-duped copies of Wish Chansey, I'd bet the originals of those duped Chanseys are still intact and mostly in the boxes of the insane Global Dex people who personally insisted on verified provenance.

e2: thinking more, there's no way they tweaked RBY, right? All the specifics of the Missingno glitches are still intact, which means they can't have changed the locations data is stored in, which means they can't have added a sixth stat per pokemon that the game doesn't use. Probably?

The shiny thing shouldn't be an issue, since you're only transferring forwards and not backwards. The personality value can always be composed to make a pokemon shiny without any other external effects.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Starsnostars posted:

Just got my first hatched shiny.

It didn't have the hidden ability :negative:

I caught a shiny randomly. It was a drat Spearow. I didn't even look at it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Me too. Some other guy in the thread too. Seems common.