Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm wondering suddenly if I'd like Planet Coaster

I remember absolutely loving adoring Theme Park and Sim City 2000 as a kid (much moreso the former than the latter) but I tried Cities Skylines last year and it didn't do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Post the costume

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Post the costume

The costume is an ogre hologram.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm not seeing any screenshots of it

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

MGS5's writing is so bad that it's becoming a chore to complete the game.

Code Talker's dialogue is probably the best non-gameplay aspect of the entire game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I'm not seeing any screenshots of it

I'm not seeing any imagination.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm not seeing any imagination.

You also didn't have to imagine it to begin with

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i started on starbound's campaign

the last time I touched it was when it was in early beta. at some point competence must have rained down upon, like the healing rain after acquiring the holy grail, because now it's the game I thought it was gonna be when I first paid for it

there are still a couple of hitches though, the procedural generation makes scanning quests a little annoying, which is a shame because scanning was my fave thing in metroid prime and i WOULD like it in starbound if every clue was in a specific location and not a matter of finding every single settlement on the planet

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is Starbound good, then?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I think that you'll find opinions on that to be extremely varied. for me it's an expanded terraria with more of an actual purpose, which was the only thing that could pull me back in because I just don't have the time to do the conventional "build a settlement, mine everything, reach lava world, etc" loop of terraria. i more want to just hop from planet to planet and do the actual quests. which is what the game has done so far. i'm on the first artifact quest and i just got the mission to join the ceremonial hunt, I'll find out what that's about tomorrow.

apparently a lot of people who played the game all the way through beta to final release hate it. and people who waited like it a lot more

i still have to figure out how to recruit crew members although i suspect that's something that has to be 'unlocked' via story

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

There's something incredibly surreal about the mix of attempts at horror tropes mixed with incredibly video game mechanics. It's even bad just... weird.

I think it kinda works! I really like Jason's VHS skip thing when he warps around near players.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
cross-self-post from the glitch thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yK7jxZZrzk

Ever have one of those days where you just don't feel like doing your job? Ok but what if your job was to launch rockets at things

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Metal Gear Online is just as fun as Counter-Strike was all these years ago. I take a couple steps and then a sniper kills me. I'm glad millions were spent making this great game mode that has one person playing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=926bRfm68pA

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I feel like playing Max Payne 3 again but I only have the DVD version and no DVD drive in this PC and there's no legal way to download it from rockstar :negative:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

lazorexplosion posted:

I feel like playing Max Payne 3 again but I only have the DVD version and no DVD drive in this PC and there's no legal way to download it from rockstar :negative:

Sounds like it's time to buy a cheap external CD drive then! I was gonna recommend you try downloading it from the Rockstar Social Club client a la GTA 4 in the days of old, but I forgot they got rid of that.

Speaking of Social Club, here are my Max Payne 3 stats. I've spent 21 hours in bullet time and killed ten loving thousand enemies just while dual wielding over all my playtime speedrunning this dang game.

In total I've killed 59,000 enemies. Max has walked 566,000 meters (350 miles) over the course of this long adventure we've had together.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 17, 2016

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Huh. Someone remembers Opoona.

Was Opoona good, it looked like a cute game

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Huh. Someone remembers Opoona.

Was Opoona good, it looked like a cute game

It was mostly real weird.

It had an 'ART' stat that went up every time you appreciated a piece of art.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's the best sci-fi RPG ever made

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CJacobs posted:

cross-self-post from the glitch thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yK7jxZZrzk

Ever have one of those days where you just don't feel like doing your job? Ok but what if your job was to launch rockets at things

Idk man, if movies have taught me anything it's that helicopters definitely explode when shot with a 9mm pistol.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dr Cheeto posted:

Idk man, if movies have taught me anything it's that helicopters definitely explode when shot with a 9mm pistol.

My reaction was closer to

http://puu.sh/sSuto/509195c5f8.webm

because I was very convinced I was gonna die to another ridiculous one in a million glitch yet again!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lurdiak posted:

MGS5's writing is so bad that it's becoming a chore to complete the game.

is this some ancient mariner situation where you accidentally had fun once and now you're cursed to share your joylessness with anyone who catches your eye

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

It was mostly real weird.

It had an 'ART' stat that went up every time you appreciated a piece of art.

Sakurazuka posted:

It's the best sci-fi RPG ever made

I want to play it.

It and Zack & Wiki.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Has there ever been a game with a laugh track other than Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

is this some ancient mariner situation where you accidentally had fun once and now you're cursed to share your joylessness with anyone who catches your eye

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks 
Had I from old and young! 
Instead of the cross, the Big Boss
About my neck was hung.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

'God save thee, ancient Lurdiak!
From the fiends, that plague thee thus!—
Why look'st thou so?'—With controller in tow,
I enjoyed THE LAST OF US

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

It probably doesn't, the game treats your first playthrough as the 'canon' storyline and the only way to do things differently is to select the chapter you want to change then play the whole game from there. But it'll never stick, even if you finish the game again the chapter select will default back to your first play through.

Uuuugh, gently caress this. I don't want to play the game 200 times just to press Triangle at the right time. I might do one more playthrough and then I'll wait until I can stream it to play anymore.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Bicyclops posted:

Uuuugh, gently caress this. I don't want to play the game 200 times just to press Triangle at the right time. I might do one more playthrough and then I'll wait until I can stream it to play anymore.

I only had to play through it ~4 ish times to get the platinum, though I saved everyone but one person first time and loving up is quicker, honestly it's best a game you just play through once anyway since it ruins the illusion of how much actually chances. Spoiler it's not that much.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I only had to play through it ~4 ish times to get the platinum, though I saved everyone but one person first time and loving up is quicker, honestly it's best a game you just play through once anyway since it ruins the illusion of how much actually chances. Spoiler it's not that much.

I mean, you can tell by the end, because there are obviously characters that need to live right up until certain points. I let the earliest character die, though, so I do want to see what happens if she's still around. It's too long not to create checkpoints after the first time you play through. I am going to write an angry letter to its creator, who for some reason has also made two films about the wendigo.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Good morning chat thread, I've got this er song??? stuck in my head and perhaps now you do too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHNQzGt0RA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I woke up sick and used it as an excuse to stay in bed and game all day and I chose Rogue Galaxy, which ended up being the perfect option. This is a really cool game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Basically the only character they won't be including that was a part of Koei-Tecmo's history is Itagaki himself.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

I woke up sick and used it as an excuse to stay in bed and game all day and I chose Rogue Galaxy, which ended up being the perfect option. This is a really cool game

I hope it is just the age old winter cold. A good hot cup of tea and some comfortable gaming is one of the best remedies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

If you make it through the prison planet and still feel that way you're probably continue enjoying it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

If you make it through the prison planet and still feel that way you're probably continue enjoying it.

Is that gonna be the "sewer level" of the galactic scale?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In Training posted:

Is that gonna be the "sewer level" of the galactic scale?

Kind of, but ti also just kinda marks the point the game goes downhill in most people's minds.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Bicyclops posted:

You said a few times that you got Until Dawn because people wanted to see your reactions to it. Since you say you have wait until you can stream it, does that mean you invited people over to watch your face as you played a game? Or that you played through it before letting people watch your reactions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Crosspost from another thread:

Bumping this old-rear end thread because a big, new (final?) version of Mental Omega just came out.

MO is easily the biggest mod for RA2:YR and probably one of the biggest mods for any RTS. As of version 3.3 it boasts the following:

quote:

This release includes:

-A complete new faction: The Foehn Revolt
-12 new subfactions with their own unique sets of units
-52 new single player missions, including a campaign for Yuri
-28 new cooperative maps for 2 players
-new skirmish/multiplayer maps, around 500 total
-new skirmish/multiplayer game modes, 14 total
-updated visuals & audio
-a new soundtrack, unique for each side (separate download)

Each subfaction is unique and fully realized, both the singleplayer and cooperative campaigns are long and hard as balls, and the mod is fully integrated into CnCnet, meaning you can find a match without having to manually gently caress around with VPNs and the like.

So dig out those Yuri's Revenge CDs (or login to Origin or whatever) and get to Commanding and Conquering!

http://www.moddb.com/mods/mental-omega/downloads/mental-omega-330
http://www.moddb.com/mods/mental-omega/downloads/soundtrack-for-mental-omega-33

• Locked thread