Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Tender Bender posted:

Even if this conspiracy were true I can't figure out why it would matter.

Maybe they are related to that robotic couple posted before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

Even if this conspiracy were true I can't figure out why it would matter.

Single mothers are sinful, basically.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

maybe women should try and not be bitches every single moment of every day then

same difference tbh

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Skratte posted:

jeeze, even if it were true they're mad at her for essentially selflessly looking after a child that she loves. What a bunch of dingdongs.

Don't most white (or mostly white, in this kid's case) 2-year-olds have really pale hair and eyes? That's not exactly a smoking gun for IT'S A LOVECHILD.

Maybe these people are related to the baby-discarding robots and are angry that the girlfriend didn't abandon her one-month-old child after her husband died, since clearly that's the optimal choice for a grieving individual to reduce stress beep boop beep

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

I didn't use a gendered slur and was also making a joke but ok

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Don't most white (or mostly white, in this kid's case) 2-year-olds have really pale hair and eyes? That's not exactly a smoking gun for IT'S A LOVECHILD.

Maybe these people are related to the baby-discarding robots and are angry that the girlfriend didn't abandon her one-month-old child after her husband died, since clearly that's the optimal choice for a grieving individual to reduce stress beep boop beep

the husband's genes were clearly inferior, she should consume the child to regain lost energy

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

I didn't use a gendered slur and was also making a joke but ok

it is hard to see sarcasm in text :shrug:
that sorta thing is a very bad thing that faux feminists should stop saying tho cause it plays right into the hands of all the feminism = anti men mra crap

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

underage at the vape shop posted:

it is hard to see sarcasm in text :shrug:
that sorta thing is a very bad thing that faux feminists should stop saying tho cause it plays right into the hands of all the feminism = anti men mra crap

faux feminists lol

I'm not a real feminist I only play one on tv!

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Women like sex a lot but you are seriously underrating how generally deranged the average male mind is. Louis CK was absolutely right when he said "You GET to have these thoughts, we HAVE to have these thoughts."

it's cool to get onto me for saying men are bad when this dude posts saying yeah men are bad and deranged sex crazy people and no one is like hey speak for yourself there bud

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Troposphere posted:

it's cool to get onto me for saying men are bad when this dude posts saying yeah men are bad and deranged sex crazy people and no one is like hey speak for yourself there bud

but someone did say almost exactly that to him very shortly after he posted that :shrug:

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

faux feminists lol

I'm not a real feminist I only play one on tv!

Yeah the people who say that poo poo like that but unironically.

E: there was a lot of drama in my university this year about this poo poo, it does exist.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Dec 17, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cock hero flux posted:

the husband's genes were clearly inferior, she should consume the child to regain lost energy

and the husband as well

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

women like sex and men like sex and sometimes people like sex more than other people and society sometimes pressures people to act on it more than others JESUS CHRIST

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Men are half of people and some people are good and some people are bad and the overwhelming majority of people are both. I'm a feminist but also there are lots of men I like, respect and admire. It's not rocket surgery.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

what rough thread, page 250 come round at last, slouches toward GBS to be gassed

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I like some men!

the mcelroy brothers are good and uhhhh...thom yorke?

hell my dads a man!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that eagle guy has stolen my heart

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

that eagle guy has stolen my heart

he's super good too

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Troposphere posted:

I like some men!

hell my dads a man!

yeah tell me more about your list of "the good ones"

(play this post backwards and it will say "misandry is real")

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Business Gorillas posted:

yeah tell me more about your list of "the good ones"

(misandry is real)

stephen hawking

stephen king

steven universe

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Well it's been fun, see you all in r/relationships 4.0

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

stephen hawking

stephen king

steven universe

cat stevens

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Troposphere posted:

I like some men!

hell my dads a man!

Some women are pretty cool too, like amy poehler was pretty funny in parks and rec. one even led my country for a bit.

Lets go back to funny relationship stories.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Dec 17, 2016

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Men that are not part of the problem don't get pissy when women say stuff like all men are garbage. It's pretty simple.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

Agreed.

quote:

My friend (29F) has never been in a relationship, crushes on people after one date and doesn't take no for an answer. Perpetually heartbroken, a little creepy and I don't know what to say as I listen to her problems.
Title is quite explanatory.

I have a friend, who is very loyal, fun to be with and mature in general. However, when it comes to men, she acts like she is a 12 year old fan girl.

She has never been in a relationship, which may partly explain her behavior. She would go on one date and is either a) not interested even remotely or b) completely in love. Lastly, she went on a date with a guy who she fell in love so deeply that she has been completely heartbroken and unable to function for the few months. She still cries at least once or twice a week. They went on two dates. On the second date the guy broke it off saying that he isn't feeling "the thing" but likes her as a person, nonetheless. She, on the other hand, felt that they had a connection beyond words. Then, I guess she got stuck in the "but he likes me as a person???"-part.

So after this, she has a) stalked him everywhere, both online and IRL (eg looked at the events he goes to through FB and goes to the same events) b) blocked him, then unblocked him and apologized and blocked him again from everywhere c) tried to persuade him to give her a chance and then being pissed for him being such an rear end in a top hat that won't give a chance to a nice girl like her, every time they "bump" into each other in these events. I guess she is pretty much the female version of "Nice Guy". Based what she's told me, he has always been cordial but she just goes nuts at him, after which he always apologizes for not feeling the same....

I like her for other reasons the what I've stated above (obviously), but I'm getting worried of her. She wants to have a family and all that jazz. Outside of this, she is really completely normal, she doesn't "hate all men", and she doesn't suffer from any other mental issues. She is actually very stable or so it would seem. But her behavior in the dating scene is completely off and scares people. Even with guys that have liked her back (in the beginning), she gets absolutely way ahead in the relationship (in her head) so the guy runs away. Hell, I'd be scared to date her.

Anyways, how could I gently communicate to her that a) I cannot listen to her heartbreaks because they make no sense b) her actions are direct reasons why she hasn't met anyone yet.

TL;DR: My friend is a Nice Girl.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Skratte posted:

My friend (29F) has never been in a relationship, crushes on people after one date and doesn't take no for an answer. Perpetually heartbroken, a little creepy and I don't know what to say as I listen to her problems.

M'laddy

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Wouldn't it'd just be M'Lord? I feel that's worse.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

remigious posted:

Men that are not part of the problem don't get pissy when women say stuff like all men are garbage. It's pretty simple.

I don't get pissy when women complain about men, I just have lurked these threads for months now and have read a novels worth of bitching about men from the same people. Nobody else does it from either gender.

It's the same concept as someone posting in this thread constantly about politics. If someone was turning every r/relationships story into poo poo like "Obviously this child was beating that cat because it was raised as a liberal" that doesn't mean that when I tell that person to shut the gently caress up that I'm being political, I just don't want to read them projecting their issues for the 300th time since it has nothing to do with the topic.

Plenty of men are garbage human beings..Here's the thing though, plenty of women are also garbage human beings.

I'm curious what the response would be if there was a Nega-Pick that squatted in this thread turning every story posted into a treatise on why women are stupid / crazy / emotional / weak / not funny / whatever other personal issues they want to project on an entire gender completely outside of the discussion that is happening here leading to stupid loving derails exactly like this.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

A friend of my boyfriend is like this, she texted him about this guy who came over to install some kind of appliance, and she talked about how he was obviously hitting on her and being flirty, then at the end of it he gave her his number. She got all worked up about this cute guy and whether she should call him or not, and when she finally did, he said "How can I help you, ma'am?". She missed the fact that he gave his number in case she had any issues with the product. I still make fun of her for getting customer-zoned.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
all aboard the ss misandry toot toot! no boys allowed, except the comedy podcast video game guys, several stephens(stevens), radiohead, and my dad

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

Just a reminder that this thread lined up to troll themselves against this guy's posting a few pages back.

preemptive apologies if cumslut is actually a butt ugly females.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Troposphere posted:

all aboard the ss misandry toot toot! no boys allowed, except the comedy podcast video game guys, several stephens(stevens), radiohead, and my dad

as a woman you can't understand the plight of a man that has to put up with women being universally, 100% unfunny and making terrible jokes like these.

This is relevant to the thread and is not at all a projection of my personal issues.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

the derails complaining about pick/troposphere are way worse than pick/troposphere could ever be

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

SirSamVimes posted:

the derails complaining about pick/troposphere are way worse than pick/troposphere could ever be

ahhh I see you ship pickosphere as well

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Stop now.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

nomad2020 posted:

Just a reminder that this thread lined up to troll themselves against this guy's posting a few pages back.

for the record, (and not attempting to derail) I'm a kinda sub average guy. I wasn't trying to make fun of those womens photos posted earlier. It just really bothers me when a group of basically nice looking people all agree together that ugly people don't even loving exist. it's a little like trying to be 'colorblind' and ignoring the effect that racism has on people's lives and opportunities.

edit: and the whole "i'm black" thing is basically, assuming I'm butt ugly because I stand up for ugly people implies that recognizing the existence of racism means I must be a minority.

edit edit: content. A very sad gallery from imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/S9uNc

Cumslut1895 fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 17, 2016

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cumslut1895 posted:

for the record, (and not attempting to derail)

*Proceeds to continue derailing*

:rolleyes:

From /r/legaladvice:
Ontario, Canada.. is farting on the train assault? serious question

quote:

I was on the go train, basically a commuter train, it wasn't too busy but someone sat across from me diagonally. I had McDonald's as I was in a rush, got gassy, was holding it in but it was a bit bumpy and I let a fart out.

It smelled bad, so I said I'm sorry, was trying to hold that in. Person proceeds to flip out,saying I have to give them my name since I "assaulted them with noxious fumes". I was fairly confident you can't be arrested for farting so I just told them to "pound sand" and call the cops or security. I was even polite enough to say I'd even stay at the stop until they came to tell them that the person was an idiot.

Nothing ended up coming of it, they stormed off, I heard nothing else about it.

Now my question is twofold, was it assault? Was it bad I apologized and admitted fault initially?

Also I should note that when they were flipping out, my initial embarrassment turned into me laughing at them, which basically antagonized them more. At that point I couldn't help it, not sure if that changes the answer.

I tried to search fart in legaladvice here, but besides usernames I didn't see much. Sorry if this is a dumb post.

quote:

The definition of assault in Ontario is an "intentional application of force". A fart is likely not considered to be a "force" and because you can't really hold one back when you need to let one rip, it would't be considered intentional.
If you pushed someone down and then farted in their face, the above would not apply.

EDIT: More content:

(IL) My idiot brother bought about 900$ worth of electronics on his credit card and then reported it stolen. How hosed is he.

quote:

My 18 year old brother somehow managed to get a credit card with a $1000 limit despite still being a highschool student. After like two months of being an adult with it he decided to splurge, buying over $900 worth of video game crap at bestbuy, and then after feeling buyers remorse, reported the card stolen and claimed the charges were fraudlent, a ruse that was quickly figured out. Me and my mom are livid, but also need to know how screwed we are, and what we should do. What's going to happen next?

quote:

Your brother committed a felony. He needed to consult a criminal defense attorney yesterday. Stop discussing this on Reddit.

:cop:

Danaru fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 17, 2016

nomad2020
Jan 30, 2007

I'm pretty sure we're all goons here, and I feel that's judgement enough.

quote:

I [17M] suspect that my mother [48F] has been using the money for my school tuition fees for something else.

TL;DR: money meant for my tuition fees that my mom was supposed to pay is gone. owe $3,000 in school fees. mom spends on unnecessary holidays without any of us knowing where the money is coming from.

Too many stories of parents loving over their kids over college money. :(

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

nomad2020 posted:

Holy poo poo I just remembered the butt ugly martians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Cumslut1895 posted:

edit edit: content. A very sad gallery from imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/S9uNc
This is another scathing expose about the lack of integrity in journalism right? It's fake and an attempt to get disreputable tabloids to pick up a story? Right? RIGHT?? :qq: