Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

greatn posted:

It's at 10/9c now because it's more extreme and full of adult situations like seeing the top 10% of a lady's buttcrack.

To be fair, there has been an awful lot of burning people alive this year. :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Gluten Freeman posted:

I don't hate melodrama as much as some people here do
I love melodrama. I hate this bullshit where it should be melodrama but they want you to take it seriously. If you want to do melodrama, just do it, don't hedge your bets by half-arsing it.

Spergatory posted:

Just wanted to say that I'm liking Savitar a lot more than Zoom right now. He's not a loving bonkers nutcase idiot screwing with people for lulz, his identity isn't some big mystery, he has a clear agenda and a reason for holding a grudge and, while obviously very powerful, also has a HUGE limiting factor preventing him from carrying out said agenda. He makes sense, in other words. I like it when baddies make sense.
I'd prefer it if he weren't the same as Reverse Flash but without the secret identity (which was pretty much the entire reason Reverse Flash was good). He's some guy from the future; we don't know him, we don't care about him, it doesn't matter if we learn his identity or not because no one's going to know him anyway. He's just a guy who's faster than Barry and hates him for unspecified but presumably plausible reasons. There's nothing there to care about.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Luminaflare posted:

Not joking, I'm a few seasons behind on SHIELD and didn't know when it was airing this year.
It gets poo poo on a lot (sometimes for good reasons) so I wasn't sure!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Tiggum posted:

I love melodrama. I hate this bullshit where it should be melodrama but they want you to take it seriously. If you want to do melodrama, just do it, don't hedge your bets by half-arsing it.

You want melodrama, Gotham's got your fix. There's a show that dares you to take it seriously.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Phylodox posted:

You want melodrama, Gotham's got your fix. There's a show that dares you to take it seriously.

I love Gotham. I don't follow the Gotham thread here because people on these forums loving hate it for some reason, but it's the best.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
One thing I remember I liked about the last episode was Jay telling Barry to go and get the stone while he held Savitar off, then he immediately runs right into Savitar's grip.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I don't know how I'm going to survive the next few weeks without Bary Allen, the Dumbest Man Alive on Tuesday nights.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Tiggum posted:

I'd prefer it if he weren't the same as Reverse Flash but without the secret identity (which was pretty much the entire reason Reverse Flash was good). He's some guy from the future; we don't know him, we don't care about him, it doesn't matter if we learn his identity or not because no one's going to know him anyway. He's just a guy who's faster than Barry and hates him for unspecified but presumably plausible reasons. There's nothing there to care about.

No, Savitar is Wally.

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

pee out my butt posted:

No, Savitar is Wally.

It's actually Jay. Why do you think he knows so much about the Speed Force? The writers made one thing clear last year, never trust a Jay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think that joke has been beaten thoroughly into the ground. Let's not start another Jay panic.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Zoom embedded his consciousness in that hat before he died, using the vibrational frequency of his soul. Now that Jay uses it he is possessed by the Ghost of Zoom.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

greatn posted:

Zoom embedded his consciousness in that hat before he died, using the vibrational frequency of his soul. Now that Jay uses it he is possessed by the Ghost of Zoom.

STOP GIVING THEM TERRIBLE IDEAS!!!

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011
Obviously Jay's Earth was affected by Flashpoint too and he's now actually evil

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's actually mime Wells

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Next season of Legends of Tomorrow, Rip Hunter returns with a crew consisting exclusively of Harrison Wells. Thawne, Harry, H.R., the English steampunk one, the mime, and a Hawkman version of Wells. Also there's some kind of H.G. Wells joke in there.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xealot posted:

Next season of Legends of Tomorrow, Rip Hunter returns with a crew consisting exclusively of Harrison Wells. Thawne, Harry, H.R., the English steampunk one, the mime, and a Hawkman version of Wells. Also there's some kind of H.G. Wells joke in there.

Hawk Guy Wells.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

Hawk Guy Wells.

Hawk Guy is Marvel.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

Hawk Guy is Marvel.

No, you're thinking of Hawkguy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

No, you're thinking of Hawkguy.

Clearly you are thinking of MASH.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Rhyno posted:

No, that's Matt Trakker.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phylodox posted:

No, that's Matt Trakker.

That's Max Headroom.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

That's what I was hoping for, thank you.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Was there a Christmas greetings recorded this year? They're the best.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah. This year, they get a bit of a cold reception.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYozajehXY8

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I picked up Seasons 1 and 2 and have been rewatching while at my folks for Christmas. I think my dad is hooked. :unsmigghh:

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

The best part of this is that Deadpool isn't sad in the last panel because he's ugly, it's because he just realised that should have been Freddy for Halloween.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The Music Meister is coming

quote:

Ever since it was announced that The Flash and Supergirl would be crossing over for a musical episode, fans have been eagerly awaiting to find out the reason why. Which villain could make the heroes of Central City and National City break into song?! Now, we have our answer.

“It is going to be the Music Meister,” executive producer Greg Berlanti told reporters while promoting his upcoming drama Riverdale at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday. “We’re finishing writing the script this weekend.”

A villain with the power to control people through song, The Music Meister was famously brought to life in the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. In the episode “Mayhem of the Music Meister,” Neil Patrick Harris voiced the villain. Could he reprise that role in real life for the crossover? “We haven’t gone about casting it yet,” Berlanti says. “But it’s the right question, though.”

Practically the entire cast of The Flash has musical talents, including Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin, as well as the Supergirl cast, including Melissa Benoist and Jeremy Jordan.

“Some of you may know my own personal love of musicals and actors who have been in them, and we have a number of people who can sing across all the shows who will be making some very exciting appearances in the back half of the year,” Berlanti previously said when the musical crossover was announced.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-villain/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

AWWWW YISSS KEITH DAVID IS COMIN TO FLASH AS SOLOVAR

http://comicbook.com/2017/01/08/the-flash-keith-david-to-voice-solovar-in-two-part-gorilla-grodd/

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Is John Barrowman going to be in the musical crossover? This is important.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is Barry Allen gonna gently caress with another man's fries?

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I had the same reaction when I saw this pop up on another news feed. He's the best.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

They better get Doogie Howser

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Maybe since they explain it right there in the article everyone will stop asking us why we specifically want NPH.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aquasnake posted:

Maybe since they explain it right there in the article everyone will stop asking us why we specifically want NPH.

Producers have an auto response to do the opposite of what fans want. See: Riverdale claiming Betty/Veronica hooking up is fanfiction when they Archie loving Ms Grundy.

Enjoy seeing Norm McDonald as Music Meister 😂😂

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

NPH isn't really a talented singer.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Koalas March posted:

Enjoy seeing Norm McDonald as Music Meister 😂😂

Holy gently caress do I want that.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

BSam posted:

Holy gently caress do I want that.

I actually do too now that I've said it, haha.

If we can't get NPH though, I think Andy Samberg would be fun. Or Weird Al 😆

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Weird Al was on one of the best musical shows of the past two years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X73CbX0wE8w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Senerio posted:

Weird Al was on one of the best musical shows of the past two years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X73CbX0wE8w

Galavant was the greatest show of the past decade.

• Locked thread