Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

Defiant Sally posted:

Friend of mine recently started ordering bulk powder and making his own sarms/tren/test, 1g of SARM powder costs like $3 or some poo poo. Wild.

Yeah, "SARM powder"

jfc i know this thread is meant to be dumb but goddamn

if you think LGD isn't some poo poo then it's the best placebo I've ever seen. Placebo muscle mass looks just like the real thing, i guess

Calvin Johnson Jr. fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Saint Pete posted:

185lb Strict Overhead Press, finally not a bitch boi, little bit more to bodyweight

Two parts of this sentence contradict, can you guess which?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

Yeah, "SARM powder"

jfc i know this thread is meant to be dumb but goddamn

if you think LGD isn't some poo poo then it's the best placebo I've ever seen. Placebo muscle mass looks just like the real thing, i guess

... yeah, powder... which he mixes. why is that in quotations?

Anyways enjoy being totally shut down. If it's super effective its entirely possible you got something spiked with pro hormones or actual oral roids which has been known to happen.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Defiant Sally posted:

... yeah, powder... which he mixes. why is that in quotations?

Anyways enjoy being totally shut down. If it's super effective its entirely possible you got something spiked with pro hormones or actual oral roids which has been known to happen.

Or he's 160lbs and eating properly for the first time ever.

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

Or he's 160lbs and eating properly for the first time ever.

I'm not referencing myself I'm talking about people I've see take it. Look at the human trials too and the blood work people have done themselves. Whatever, do what ya want or don't want.

It's in quotations because all sarms aren't equal. Just compare S-4 and LGD.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
On the whole I think I prefer burrito chat.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

from what i understand sarms are not roids but are like, a hell of a boost over lifting natty but i do not know for sure because this is just what internet words tell me. i mean ya gotta figure if it shuts down ur nuts its doing something good

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Calvin Johnson Jr. posted:

It's in quotations because all sarms aren't equal. Just compare S-4 and LGD.
To be fair, the markup on SARMs is higher than on street drugs. LGD is priced over 60x the cost of production.

I think it's far more effective than people are giving it credit for here and in TCC. I do get why they say just cycle test instead.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Dec 17, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
sarms is new to me

can a goon brofessor explain what they are to me

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zzulu posted:

sarms is new to me

can a goon brofessor explain what they are to me
A decent number of athletes, especially women, use them. They were designed by drug companies to be steroids without the unwanted side effects of steroids for the prescription drug crowd (not athletes). Certain ones do certain things. There are some that are insane for cardio-oriented/endurance stuff and some that are decent for building mass. There are some that are like HGH. I think the cardio one is the one that resulted in cancer and got dropped by pharma companies. You can find people running it on the internet though!

Ostarine and LGD are popular. Ostarine doesn't even shut you down but is nowhere as effective as test. LGD is somewhat similar to a simple, low dose test cycle but with fewer sides. It depends what you want to get out of it. If you want to be a professional bodybuilder, SARMs aren't the direction you should be going in. If you want to compete in a sport, you can get similar mileage out of it and if you aren't subject to random testing (or the testing doesn't include a test for SARMs, which must be specifically tested for and won't show up even in some of the WADA/etc testing done) then they are fairly easy to conceal as well because they don't leave longterm (>1-2 week) markers like lots of the common AAS do.

They cost a poo poo ton more than test to buy but not produce, the longterm effects aren't too well known but they have been around for over a decade now and if something like LGD/Ostarine gave you cancer then test probably would too, and they aren't wonder drugs or anything. A bunch of idiots stack them and take really high doses which defeats the entire point of taking them. Normal steroids are cheaper, more effective, and, provided someone does the research, keeps up on blood tests, and isn't an idiot, are relatively safe.

That's all the brofessin I know about them. I looked into them kind of extensively before deciding I would just stay natural. I'm perfectly fine peaking wherever I peak, and I am happy with how I look after only six months of working out. So how I'll look a year or two from now is just really drat sweet to me. Also, they are tested for quite commonly now and any random test will pop you if you're on them within a few weeks so I doubt that many professional athletes are on them in most sports with random testing. I know in powerlifting they're mildly popular, especially with the "not elite but competes at a national level" crew.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Dec 17, 2016

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Khorne posted:

Ostarine and LGD are popular. Ostarine doesn't even shut you down but is nowhere as effective as test. LGD is somewhat similar to a simple, low dose test cycle. It depends what you want to get out of it. If you want to be a professional bodybuilder, SARMs aren't the direction you should be going in. If you want to compete in a sport, you can get similar mileage out of it and if you aren't subject to random testing (or the testing doesn't include a test for SARMs, which must be specifically tested for and won't show up even in some of the WADA/etc testing done) then they are fairly easy to conceal as well because they don't leave longterm (>1-2 week) markers like lots of the common AAS do.

Ostarine can supress you. Mileage varies. At super low doses it's probably not noticeable but who does a low dose of any of that poo poo anyways. I've seen more than one study but dont have links on hand. Might have seen it on ergo log? Not sure.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

I am 100% serious when I say the 1950s steroids (tren test equipose etc.) are much safer then RESEARCH CHEMICALS (NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION) because at least you know the long term effects and that they work versus gambling on doing something both less effective and with questionable results so you can get by on a technicality.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Defiant Sally posted:

Ostarine can supress you. Mileage varies. At super low doses it's probably not noticeable but who does a low dose of any of that poo poo anyways. I've seen more than one study but dont have links on hand. Might have seen it on ergo log? Not sure.
There's usually some degree of suppression with both, but they don't completely shut you down usually. It does vary. Kind of like there are people on insane steroid cycles who don't need an AI. Lots of variance in this stuff.

I mostly talked about low doses because it seems kinda counterproductive to do anything more than that. You're not getting the benefit of minimal sides that way, and that's really the only benefit for most people.

I mean honestly, doing any kind of drug probably isn't worthwhile for most people.

E_P posted:

I am 100% serious when I say the 1950s steroids (tren test equipose etc.) are much safer then RESEARCH CHEMICALS (NOT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION) because at least you know the long term effects and that they work versus gambling on doing something both less effective and with questionable results so you can get by on a technicality.
Certain ones have had fairly extensive human trials already. To make it to that point they passed animal testing. Some of the ones for sale were stopped in animal testing due to cancer and stuff. Ostarine/LGD in particular are nearing FDA approval.

Most of the bad stories you see online are people buying prohormones, like superdrol, labeled as SARMs. Which is another reason why doing illegal drugs is a bad idea. Especially SARMs, where the average person can't even test if it's legit.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Dec 17, 2016

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

E_P posted:

this is just me going from an endocrinology class I took once, but I would expect a literal hormone being harsher on the body in terms of messing with a wide variety of things and causing trouble in the Hypothalamic–pituitary–adrenal axis than a drug which might (or might not) specifically target a subset of receptors that hormone would've because their may have been a couple of related drugs on the market with weird sides.

i dont actually take sarms or steroids just sayin

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Someone send me a box of whatever and I'll test it for you.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Pesmerga posted:

On the whole I think I prefer burrito chat.

Same. This thread isn't fun anymore.

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

sassassin posted:

Someone send me a box of whatever and I'll test it for you.

These chemicals aren't gonna research themselves!

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I would do chemicals but i dont want to go bald

I want to keep my extremely metrosexual swedish look and my hair is integral to it!!

ZigZag
Aug 1, 2004

Good reactions etc..
being bald is worse than being short and both are worse than being dead.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ZigZag posted:

being bald is worse than being short and both are worse than being dead.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Bald only works if you are black or jason statham

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
I'm 27 and my hair is starting to thin a tiny bit, but thats ok because I'm eventually going to be the big shredded mean looking old guy with a big beard.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Mine started at 22, but has slowed in recent years. ... thankfully. I know if I ever even think of doing roids it'll just fall out, so it's creatine and protein for me.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I think everyone went from "Everyone should be taking creatine" to "Nobody take creatine" within a 5 year period where it turned out it will speed up hair loss.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Knight posted:

I think everyone went from "Everyone should be taking creatine" to "Nobody take creatine" within a 5 year period where it turned out it will speed up hair loss.

:eyepop:
Hadn't heard that. I'll look into it.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Cursory search: taking like 28g of creatine a day led to definitive crazy increases in dht, which led to hair loss. Results of lower doses (which I'm taking) are inconclusive or just not looked at.

At any rate, no more for me. (I cycled once before a couple years ago, didn't notice any accelerated hair loss, but still. Don't wanna speed this poo poo back up.)

Arms today after legs yesterday. Gonna dream of burritos as I lift.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If creatine causes hair loss on the body that'd be dope

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Maybe focus it on the back? K plz thx, creatine

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Steroids actually specifically cause hair loss on the scalp for people who are prone to it and then increases hairgrowth on the body. Slowly you will turn into a balding apeman

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Same. This thread isn't fun anymore.

You are the crankiest poster ever

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
he just needs some steroids

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm only cranky when people take this thread seriously

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
What do I do when I start feeling full and can't eat more

Khorne
May 1, 2002

FedEx Mercury posted:

Wait 20-40 minutes.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

FedEx Mercury posted:

being completely unironic here. as a former and still mostly tiny twink baby bitch I had to force myself to eat a lot, when I ate so much I thought I couldn't possibly eat anymore i'd get a hot pack (like, a sock full of rice in the microwave or whatever) and just keep it on my stomach for 20 minutes then continue to eat more.

eating is harder than lifting :/

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 17, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

FedEx Mercury posted:

Go buy more burritos. The time it takes to buy them should give you enough rest.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you dont have to eat everything in one meal man

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Knight posted:

this is a real misleading generalisation

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Homestar Runner posted:

this is a real misleading generalisation

Probably. But don't want to be both bald and jacked until I have to be. Then I'd have to buy a Harley, get lots of tats, and that stuff is expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im 30 and still have my hair

eat my shorts, baldies