Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Yinlock posted:

we can't afford to support our citizens? then let them die problem solved, bing bang boom so simple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owI7DOeO_yg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

right wing.avi

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

why won't the CIA post the server logs on pastebin, along with their intelligence report? what are they hiding :argh:

If the CIA says it, that means that it is true.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Yinlock posted:

we can't afford to support our citizens? then let them die problem solved, bing bang boom so simple
taking literally everything the people you're gassing have and using it as payment to your budding military-industrial complex also helps a lot!!!!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

punk rebel ecks posted:

I was under the impression that Nazi Germany's economic model was a lot like FDR. Big government spending and some social programs.

Nazi Germany's policies are whatever your opponent at the moment supports

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Lastgirl posted:

sure when he's not making rape analogies i suppose

You know who else makes bizzare rape analogies...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Yinlock posted:

nah just pass a rightwing law that mandates people buy private health insurance and call it universal health coverage

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Nazi Germany's policies are whatever your opponent at the moment supports
a lot of what goes down the memory hole of corporatism was that most of nazi germany's structure was actually privatized, greed turns out to be a much better motivator for exploitation and genocide than ideological and racial purity

there were social programs in so far that the holocaust's plunder was redistributed

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

The Insect Court posted:

If the Air Force Intelligence, Army Intelligence, Central Intelligence Agency, Coast Guard Intelligence, Defense Intelligence Agency, Energy Department, Homeland Security Department, State Department, Treasury Department, Drug Enforcement Administration, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Marine Corps Intelligence, National Geospatial Intelligence Agency, National Reconnaissance Office, National Security Agency, Navy Intelligence and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence says it, that means that it is true.

You left out a few, so I fixed it for you.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

etalian posted:

:qq:

bad dems are desperate to claim that Bernie had no chance of winning the GE

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/12/bernie-sanders-would-have-lost-election-landslide

Yeah because nothing weird or unprecedented happened this year with populist candidates, the old truths of elections would still apply.

I also love how we heard Hill Folk bleating that Hillary was just as liberal as Sanders all election but now suddenly she's centrist.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

You know who else makes bizzare rape analogies...

Sorry, I don't follow.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Corky Romanovsky posted:

Sorry, I don't follow.

sanders back when he was 30 (a million years ago) wrote a article thinkpiece thing about women and men fantasizing about rape

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
hm, this vid shows hillary was hacking too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1NhtqEHirs

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat

Baloogan posted:

sanders back when he was 30 (a million years ago) wrote a article thinkpiece thing about women and men fantasizing about rape

I know he did, but I don't believe it was an analogy.

E: like, it involved rapey stuff, but wasn't a rape analogy

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the gently caress even is an analogy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Yeah because nothing weird or unprecedented happened this year with populist candidates, the old truths of elections would still apply.

I also love how we heard Hill Folk bleating that Hillary was just as liberal as Sanders all election but now suddenly she's centrist.

Much like God, Hillary defies categories and classification, she can be all things at once or nothing at all, as is appropriate for her at a given moment.

Also much like God, she's fake as hell, and a front for the wealthy, the privileged, and the immoral to rob the honest folks blind.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Hillary is more like Crom, an uncaring entity from a bygone age

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

VikingSkull posted:

Hillary is more like Crom, an uncaring entity from a bygone age

Motherfucker.

If Hillary had the ability to get quality high test followers like Conan, she would be gloating about her 538 EV blowout right now.

Go post this neoliberal horseshit in D&D where it belongs.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

freckle posted:

Motherfucker.

If Hillary had the ability to get quality high test followers like Conan, she would be gloating about her 538 EV blowout right now.

Go post this neoliberal horseshit in D&D where it belongs.

whoa man

whoa

don't ever tell anyone to post in D&D that's super hosed up

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Make aquilonia great again

NumberLast
Jun 7, 2014
lol if you believe the CIA "report."

NumberLast has issued a correction as of 16:55 on Dec 17, 2016

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Taniel/status/809413359204532224

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/HealthUntoDeath/status/809699818788495360

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

NumberLast posted:

lol if you believe the CIA

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NumberLast posted:

lol if you believe

The truly good and strong people don't need to believe things. They just know them.

Like Trump.

And Conan.

Also is that a knockoff minion costume?

freckle has issued a correction as of 17:35 on Dec 17, 2016

The_Politics_Man
Aug 25, 2015
If you think about it we are all knock-off minions.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Yinlock posted:

i mean he's better than the one that was a pedophile, but that's about it

Yeah but is he a better poster

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Accretionist posted:

I'm sure that describes some people but do you have polling? I'm still incredulous 'millennials don't care'

there's not a ton of polls that ask about medicare/SS repeal and have decent crosstabs available, but everything I've seen that does shows higher support for repeal among younger respondents. not majority support, but a significant increase over the next age group up

here's a good one from a few years back, when Dems were putting SS and Medicare "on the table" for the deficit-cutting Grand Bargain

other polls around that time show that younger people are more likely to think those programs should be cut in order to reduce the deficit, are more likely to think that Medicare should pay a smaller share of old people's healthcare costs, and that cutting SS benefits is preferable to raising SS taxes. again, it's still not a majority, but there's a noticeable increase in support for all of those things in the lower age brackets

young people aren't exactly chomping at the bit to kill the programs, but they're significantly less resistant to repeal proposals and significantly more likely to support cuts than older people are, and that's a worrying trend

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

On the one hand, don't be an rear end in a top hat, just make it easier to vote jeez.
On the other hand, it's hard to get too upset that a political party wants to make it so that only the most motivated people go to the polls. List purges are one thing but voting hours and voter ID laws??

I mean -- you care intensely about politics and have strong opinions on the candidates, and you've had weeks if not months to plan for election day, but you still didn't get some ID or figure out how you were getting to the polls? But you definitely, totally would have voted otherwise, right? Like, you're not just saying that after the fact to excuse your failure to vote? Oh, well in that case we need to do something about voter disenfranchisement!!!

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

freckle posted:

The truly good and strong people don't need to believe things. They just know them.

Like Trump.

And Conan.

Also is that a knockoff minion costume?

its p clearly a mischievous worker read the label

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Hello my fellow Communists I am a Mischievous Worker just like many of you. I enjoy destroying the rich and seizing the means of construction

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
in America we're only interested in seizing the means of constipation, mainly opiates

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

logikv9 posted:

Hello my fellow Communists I am a Mischievous Worker just like many of you. I enjoy destroying the rich and seizing the means of construction

are you a cop? you have to tell us if you're a cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfF8OSlGhKk

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

deadgoon posted:

are you a cop? you have to tell us if you're a cop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfF8OSlGhKk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6OVNX-VCT8

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

the trump tutelage posted:

On the one hand, don't be an rear end in a top hat, just make it easier to vote jeez.
On the other hand, it's hard to get too upset that a political party wants to make it so that only the most motivated people go to the polls. List purges are one thing but voting hours and voter ID laws??

I mean -- you care intensely about politics and have strong opinions on the candidates, and you've had weeks if not months to plan for election day, but you still didn't get some ID or figure out how you were getting to the polls? But you definitely, totally would have voted otherwise, right? Like, you're not just saying that after the fact to excuse your failure to vote? Oh, well in that case we need to do something about voter disenfranchisement!!!

Voting is a right, and is not conditional on past voting performance or "motivation"

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

theres a will theres moe posted:

Voting is a right, and is not conditional on past voting performance or "motivation"
Gun ownership is a right, and is not conditional on ffffpplbrbrbrbllbrbbrrrtt

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

there's not a ton of polls that ask about medicare/SS repeal and have decent crosstabs available, but everything I've seen that does shows higher support for repeal among younger respondents. not majority support, but a significant increase over the next age group up

here's a good one from a few years back, when Dems were putting SS and Medicare "on the table" for the deficit-cutting Grand Bargain

other polls around that time show that younger people are more likely to think those programs should be cut in order to reduce the deficit, are more likely to think that Medicare should pay a smaller share of old people's healthcare costs, and that cutting SS benefits is preferable to raising SS taxes. again, it's still not a majority, but there's a noticeable increase in support for all of those things in the lower age brackets

young people aren't exactly chomping at the bit to kill the programs, but they're significantly less resistant to repeal proposals and significantly more likely to support cuts than older people are, and that's a worrying trend

I don't think it's a worrying trend at all, I think it's human nature. Young people have put less of their own money into Social Security, and the point in time at which it will benefit them is further away. Those same people will probably have differing opinions on the subject when those conditions don't apply to them anymore.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Well, it's actually the right to keep and bear bear arms in support of a "well regulated militia" necessary for the maintenance of a free state. Presumably 'free' includes freedom to vote. Ignoring even that, maybe it should be as easy to vote as it is to own a gun.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

gently caress you.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

I have no problem making it as easy to vote as it is to buy a shotgun

I could go buy a shotgun from walmart right now, no permit or waiting period required

don't even need to register

• Locked thread