Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

If only Pirates World still existed you could meet the Ice Cream Bunny.

WAIT, THAT WAS REAL!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ExplodingSims posted:

WAIT, THAT WAS REAL!?

Pirates World was a real theme park, yes. Sadly, like the US manufacturing industry it hasn't existed since the mid-70s.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Man, Friend 14 is going to probably pass near so many weird local museums and theme parks as he journeys through cornland and the shitstates. Even in the glorious Commonwealth of Virginia (the tyrantkiller state, Better Than NC(tm) etc.) we have fake safari parks, creation museums, and something featuring a statue of a cowboy riding a velociraptor. I can only imagine what exists in places like Kenturkey/Kentrucky.

Edit: Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus Rex

Rudeboy Detective fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Dec 17, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

gently caress, that reminds me... the Garlits museum is right there in Ocala. I've never been myself, but it feels like a worthy stop along the Fury Road, or at least on 14's way back home.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

My Man Shran posted:

Man, Friend 14 is going to probably pass near so many weird local museums and theme parks as he journeys through cornland and the shitstates. Even in the glorious Commonwealth of Virginia (the tyrantkiller state, Better Than NC(tm) etc.) we have fake safari parks, creation museums, and something featuring a statue of a cowboy riding a velociraptor. I can only imagine what exists in places like Kenturkey/Kentrucky.

Wait whoa where is this, I'm going to be driving all over Virginia next week and this needs to happen.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

My Man Shran posted:

Is that the same place that has dinosaurs killing a bunch of Union soldiers as well?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

My Man Shran posted:

I think Dave ought to spend some time perusing his options here: http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/ . There's a whole country full of bizarre roadside attractions awaiting his eager attentions.

Edit: I bet he would genuinely get a kick out of the International Towing & Recovery Museum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGfD9Q28Q1E

Deteriorata fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 17, 2016

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ExplodingSims posted:

Is that the same place that has dinosaurs killing a bunch of Union soldiers as well?

Yes, Dinosaur Kingdom II in Natural Bridge, VA. Excellent.

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

19 o'clock posted:

Honestly I will settle for nothing less than 14" going to Disney World and enjoying every loving minute of it.

I can help with this if you think "free" is a worthwhile price point.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Eh I've done Disney land, what I really want to see is the alligator farm

Gatorland? I'll look into it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Went to see Rogue One.

Got stuck coming back in Dan's own loving driveway lol

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

My Man Shran posted:

Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus Rex

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

If I remember correctly, there was also an insane "toy museum" co-located with that place. It was nothing but rooms full of 80's garbage on sitting on open shelves, guarded only by an ancient church lady.

I drive 80% of the Virginia stretch of I81 twice a week, I should revisit this national treasure.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
$20 sent, Merry X-Men, 14 and Danno.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Enourmo posted:

gently caress, that reminds me... the Garlits museum is right there in Ocala. I've never been myself, but it feels like a worthy stop along the Fury Road, or at least on 14's way back home.

Worth it. We stopped on our way back to Virginia when I was stationed there 'just to look' and ended up making it so I got no sleep before work the next day.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

iwentdoodie posted:

Worth it. We stopped on our way back to Virginia when I was stationed there 'just to look' and ended up making it so I got no sleep before work the next day.

Seconding. So much drag racing history in that collection.

Panaflex
Sep 28, 2001

Sent some scratch to help keep this project moving, unlike the Jimmy that is stuck in the driveway.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

What's the status of the brakes on the war rig?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
It sounds like one of the front wheel cylinders needed to be replaced, not because of age, but due to it being somewhere in a field covered in snow in Nebraska.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Threw a few bucks in the hat, hope it'll get you a few miles closer to Florida.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Lmfao at today's high temp

Fermented Tinal posted:

It sounds like one of the front wheel cylinders needed to be replaced, not because of age, but due to it being somewhere in a field covered in snow in Nebraska.

.....yeah

Previa_fun posted:

What's the status of the brakes on the war rig?

Shovelling dans truck free so I can pick up the parts in town and scout for any over exerted taun tauns

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
ITS THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

DEEDLEEDOO DEELDEDEDAAAAAH

also Napa had new wiper blades on shelf :psyduck:

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Are you feeling super psyched???

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Astonishing Wang posted:

Are you feeling super psyched???

I'll let you know once I can feel anything at all again

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Napa rules for old car stuff. I don't even bother with the other places for that poo poo.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

shy boy from chess club posted:

Napa rules for old car stuff. I don't even bother with the other places for that poo poo.

It's sort of bending my mind right now how hard it is to get parts for the '88 Town Car. It's a god drat five-liter V8 :patriot: body on frame luxobarge.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Napa, dude. They had like 75% of the stuff for the 61 c10 on the shelf when I went to get it running a couple weeks ago. Unless you had been there and they still don't have 80s 5.0 parts and if so wtf?

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

It's sort of bending my mind right now how hard it is to get parts for the '88 Town Car. It's a god drat five-liter V8 :patriot: body on frame luxobarge.

What parts are you having a hard time with? Ohhhh wait cannuckistan shipping would kill all effectiveness in me having poo poo all around me at work.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
I sent you twenty bucks. I'd send more quail eggs but I don't anticipate you being there long enough to get them :dance:

Please let us know the details of the route as soon as you have it planned. I own some vacant rental properties in western Illinois and know some cool guys down in Southern Illinois that would be able to put you up for a night or two. If you're passing near enough to either region, you might be able to hop over and enjoy a warm place to sleep and, you know, not the omnipresent noise of the exhaust steadily eroding your eardrums.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

shy boy from chess club posted:

Napa, dude. They had like 75% of the stuff for the 61 c10 on the shelf when I went to get it running a couple weeks ago. Unless you had been there and they still don't have 80s 5.0 parts and if so wtf?

Napa has zero parts for my early 90s Dakota. Oreillys is the only store that helps me put these days.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
There's actually a very solid chance of a test drive around the field in the next two days

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Radio says it's currently -6°, -20° after wind chill right now lol

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Balmy -7C (20F) here in the Ontario oblast of Soviet Canuckistan. -9 (16) with windchill. Another half foot of snow has appeared and they're calling for another full foot by morning. I work until 7am.

I'll trade you snow for the colder temperatures.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
And here I was thinking it was cool at 20C this morning

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Gordon Freeman?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All the little birds are hanging out at the jeep :3:

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

14" Disney Princess

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Kids these days don't understand the pain of titties at 14.4kbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djdanno13
Apr 20, 2004

Killing Nazi Zombies since June 14 1775

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Gordon Freeman?

He talks way to much to ever be a silent protagonist.

• Locked thread