Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode - Season Finale

Everybody Dies in the End

The gang reunites and faces the biggest battle yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here's to season 4, friends :cheers:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Hitchhiker zombie

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Chris James 2 posted:

Here's to season 4, friends :cheers:

:Brushes Nose:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
SECRET MOUNTAIN BASE :aaa:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
jfc addy...

Also was expecting Stargate references :colbert:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

YES

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
It's the apocalypse. None of this poo poo makes sense :shrug:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Well they weren't kidding with the episode title

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Chris James 2 posted:

Well they weren't kidding with the episode title

Now THAT is a cliffhanger :stonk:

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
what the poo poo.

you would end there wouldn't you jerks.

Warren having Murphy blood and errybody cliff diving and :aaa:

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
I'm glad they have a season 4 because this would have been a really lovely way to end the show.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

That was kind of a mess. At least give us something. It was like they didn't know what to they wanted to do and decided to leave everything for next season. I was hoping for a Lucy heel turn and finally getting to Zona.

Addy free-climbing a mountain after having her shoulder dislocated was peak Z Nation logic. If The Man kicked her off once she got to the top I would have lost my poo poo.

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Dec 17, 2016

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Zone A

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Well, that was a blast. So, Red and 5k did survive after all and weren't just a figment of 10k's imagination.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm thinking tractor beams?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

ApeHawk posted:

I'm thinking tractor beams?

Yeah we've seen that ship before in the Area 51 episode so it's this. They're all getting beamed to Zona for a scenery change next season and everyone is fine :v:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Count me in for Z-Nation Season 4 - Zombies in Spaaaaaaace

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
After the relatively tame season finale last year I'd forgotten what total dicks the show runners are. This is pretty much on par with the end of season one's "Everyone is nuked and probably dead" ending.

But yeah it is probably a tractor beam, and I'm ok with that. One thing I'd like to see (if he survives) is The Man finding out Zona are a bunch of jerks who are going to dissect the hell out of Lucy and then working to take them down. He seemed to have genuine concern for her, but also having no idea what Zona's plans are with the "We'll find out together" bit.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

I loved that.

And 5k in his flying squirrel suit.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

I can't believe I missed that.

The characters and the one off episodes were pretty great but the entire overall plot seemed a bit weak. Feel like they should have just gone to Zone A and ended the series with a Murphy v Warren storyline.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Kegslayer posted:

I can't believe I missed that.

I thought everyone got that

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Did I miss what happened to Hector? Last I remember he died but "woke" up with weird yellow zombie eyes or something. Did someone headshot him and I missed it?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Barreft posted:

Did I miss what happened to Hector? Last I remember he died but "woke" up with weird yellow zombie eyes or something. Did someone headshot him and I missed it?

No, I just assume he'll come back next season.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don't get it what's Zone A supposed to mean?

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Invalid Validation posted:

I'm a bit confused by this too.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

JossiRossi posted:

I'm a bit confused by this too.

To me it means there might be a Zone B, Zone C, etc.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Ahhh ok, guess I was thinking there was a deeper meaning than that.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

GreenNight posted:

To me it means there might be a Zone B, Zone C, etc.

This and that it was some government holdout thing basically.

Its pretty common for post apoc and sci fi fiction to do this thing where a normal word gets corrupted into its own thing.
See also: V'ger = Voyager in star trek the motion picture

E: thats why I was confused when people were posting that they were confused by it.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I get that I was just wondering if it was coming from somewhere.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Invalid Validation posted:

For anyone who didn't make the connection ...

Zone A = Zona, the place they first heard about in Roswell and the place that sent The Man. It was on the experimental US Air Force aircraft (UFO) in the last episode which means it's not just a bunch of billionaire assholes, it's a bunch of billionaire assholes and possibly vestiges of the US government. And as GreenNight said, there could be Zone B, C, etc. The weird thing is everyone has been calling it "Zona", The Man, the sub personnel, etc.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

wormil posted:

For anyone who didn't make the connection ...

Zone A = Zona, the place they first heard about in Roswell and the place that sent The Man. It was on the experimental US Air Force aircraft (UFO) in the last episode which means it's not just a bunch of billionaire assholes, it's a bunch of billionaire assholes and possibly vestiges of the US government. And as GreenNight said, there could be Zone B, C, etc. The weird thing is everyone has been calling it "Zona", The Man, the sub personnel, etc.

Not just that, people who know about Zona talk about it in blatantly religious terms, like it's more than just an island fortress in Oahu but the place where good people go when they die and where God watches over all us mere mortals and casts righteous judgement on the unworthy.

My guess is they have their own "Murphy" who got a prototype vaccine and they have a similar control over everyone in Zone-A

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Biggest shock to me was when Warren spoke to Red Girl about 10k. Up to that point I was still assuming her and 5k we figments of his imagination. That was the first time people actually fully interacted with them since they reappeared.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

The base is in Arizona, people.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

nooneofconsequence posted:

The base is in Arizona, people.

Is it? I thought they said it was on an island. Driving a submarine from Arizona must have been a bitch.

edit; nm, apparently my humor detector is broken again.

wormil fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 19, 2016

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

JossiRossi posted:

After the relatively tame season finale last year I'd forgotten what total dicks the show runners are. This is pretty much on par with the end of season one's "Everyone is nuked and probably dead" ending.

I feel like they probably have to write some of their season finales like that because they don't know if they'll get renewed or not.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

wormil posted:

Is it? I thought they said it was on an island. Driving a submarine from Arizona must have been a bitch.
While that would be par for course for this show, I assume the joke was AriZona.

"Zone A" also implies a primacy; the Zombie outbreak was a planned extinction event where the foremost safe place is Zone A.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Didn't we already know that the zombie apocalypse was planned? That was the deal with that crazy doctor that ended up a head in a box. We got a flashback episode to him developing it and everything.

I think I instinctively mad the "Arizona" connection and then just never thought about it again even after it became obvious Zona wasn't in Arizona. I try not to think too much about this show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Th

Slamhound posted:

"Zone A" also implies a primacy; the Zombie outbreak was a planned extinction event where the foremost safe place is Zone A.

This makes the most sense. Having some of that sweet, sweet drone tech to keep an eye on things.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jan 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

S3 recently went up on Netflix.

Binged the whole season and goddamn Doc continues to be the best thing about this show.

Does anyone know how many actresses for Lucy were used in the season? I think 3, but at times I wasn't sure. Her interactions with The Man were pretty great. 'Don't eat garbage off the ground!'

• Locked thread