Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Goons, it's always a good day to revisit this wonderful 2 hours block of time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaDVWjrwoBE

My favorite part of that clip is still the discussion of what a certified check is supposed to look like, along with the shot of KC counting all the cash, furrowing his brow in a vain attempt to comprehend math.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

haljordan posted:

My favorite part of that clip is still the discussion of what a certified check is supposed to look like, along with the shot of KC counting all the cash, furrowing his brow in a vain attempt to comprehend math.

NICE!

gently caress, these are great:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI5SZutDoRs

Sour Shoes doing Gary while talking to the tow-truck guy was fantastic. And him pretending like he was just constantly hosting a radio show, but negotioating a price and pickup. "Yeah.... 79 degrees, I'm still here."

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Dec 16, 2016

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SChgl3akEig

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I think my favourite moment from the In Plain Sight saga was when Howard said something like "What's Tia Carerre done lately? You know, for someone with the last name 'career'..."

I remember seeing her in Waynes World 2 and being confused as to why she wasn't Asian anymore. Plastic surgery is a bitch.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

haljordan posted:

the shot of KC counting all the cash, furrowing his brow in a vain attempt to comprehend math.

:neckbeard: love it! I totally forgot about that little gem.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Szyznyk posted:

I remember seeing her in Waynes World 2 and being confused as to why she wasn't Asian anymore. Plastic surgery is a bitch.

Huh? I thought she looked the same?

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think I could watch the entire Gary tape viewing every day and still find it funny.

In other news got my channel on Youtube pulled. I don't really give a poo poo just weird that public broadcast clips from 1995 are worth going after. Oh well.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

kylej posted:

I think I could watch the entire Gary tape viewing every day and still find it funny.

In other news got my channel on Youtube pulled. I don't really give a poo poo just weird that public broadcast clips from 1995 are worth going after. Oh well.

I think they just do automated sweeps every now and again.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Better save everything you like using keepvid. Old Soward Stern videos have been disappearing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Channels get purged all the time, they're like hydras though, you cut down one and two more spring up. 95% of all the videos you see now have been up in one spot or another for most of the past decade (or since the videos themselves existed).

The stuff to save are the audio clips that are pre-Sirius because the people who upload those sometimes don't return after their first channel goes down and those can often be originals of a sort, meaning the uploader themselves cut the clip up from old audio and aren't widely known bits like the Rainbow Room incident or Marge Schott impersonations.

I'll be honest, I kinda want Howard off the air already so the impetus to keep flagging clips basically disappears. We'll have our own Howard 360 on Youtube the day the show ends.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Crotch Bat posted:

I'll be honest, I kinda want Howard off the air already so the impetus to keep flagging clips basically disappears. We'll have our own Howard 360 on Youtube the day the show ends.

Howard's content, both satellite and what was bought of his archives, belong to SiriusXM. Once Howard retires, Sirius will definitely just run a 24/7 Sternthology for many years to come.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Kinda unrelated but this has some part of the Stern Show history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwNW8lqe1tk

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Ah, memories... :corsair:

Here, have an even more tangential 80's memory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLGxWPtgodo

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Bonzo posted:

I maintain this is no better then ETM singing wild thing

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Lifespan posted:

Howard's content, both satellite and what was bought of his archives, belong to SiriusXM. Once Howard retires, Sirius will definitely just run a 24/7 Sternthology for many years to come.

I've heard this is because of some contract issue with Howard TV, oddly enough. Do you know how true this is? I can't see why Howard would willingly give the rights to Sirius.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Moniker posted:

I've heard this is because of some contract issue with Howard TV, oddly enough. Do you know how true this is? I can't see why Howard would willingly give the rights to Sirius.

I can't imagine Sirius not demanding that as part of the contract. Otherwise, they'd have nothing once Howard decides to retire/let his deal lapse.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

HowardTV content is owned by Sirius, I believe that's also what I read somewhere although that doesn't mean much.

As for his content, who knows. The Sirius stuff of course but when he left terrestrial he didn't own his stuff. It was bought later but whether Howard actually purchased it (and he could afford it) or Sirius did is hard to say. I'm sure either way his stuff will stay on the air in some fashion after he retires.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Back in '08 or early '09 I remember that Sirius released an iPhone app but 100 and 101 were not available because Stern wouldn't allow access.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bonzo posted:

Back in '08 or early '09 I remember that Sirius released an iPhone app but 100 and 101 were not available because Stern wouldn't allow access.

Look, he's working on this whole "streaming" thing and just wait until you see the app we come up with, Robin.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Look, Howard Stern's Porky's is going to revolutionize teen comedies.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

I maintain this is no better then ETM singing wild thing

Oh COME ON. Sam Kinison had least had the decency to die when he was going to go soft.

Seriously, he's been gone for about twenty-six years at this point. Time really gets on top of you, doesn't it? :/

haljordan posted:

I can't imagine Sirius not demanding that as part of the contract. Otherwise, they'd have nothing once Howard decides to retire/let his deal lapse.

If memory serves, Howard's last signing was for him to do a show for maybe four years but the tapes are Sirius's for the next ten or so? The whole point of this contract going forward was so Sirius would have something to run in Howard 100 even if Stern decided to retire. I imagine if Sirius doesn't own the tapes now they're going to lease them out until they finally either start losing money on them or buy them outright to keep them in play. Considering Howard went into the signing carrying the failure of his reality judge show, I don't think he had much room to maneuver.

Either way, it's a smart move for his retirement if he chooses to do so. It's not like you can really recut them and sell them out to radio stations to play and expect to get a decent payday. Sirius is the end-all be-all for Stern currently.

Crotch Bat posted:

HowardTV content is owned by Sirius, I believe that's also what I read somewhere although that doesn't mean much.

Plus wasn't that because Howard's agent didn't read the contract carefully enough and that sunk past them both? I don't recall the HowardTV stuff being intentional.

Ether Frenzy posted:

Look, Howard Stern's Porky's is going to revolutionize teen comedies.

Some part of me really wants to think that Stern has this file of various ideas for Porky's 4 that have now yellowed thanks to the entire franchise being dead for over three decades. Maybe in another few years he can buy up the American Pie name and start making plans to redo that in about twenty years when nobody remembers it.

The longer time goes on, the funnier Stern's ideas for entertainment get. He really can't get over the '80s-'90s. It's more entertaining than sad, but there still a heavy dose of sad.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wonder if the Howard TV screw up is what caused Mel & Howard to file that lawsuit to try and get Howard's bonus money for all the subscribers "gained" when Sirius & XM merged.

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Never forget https://youtu.be/fPbL_P7R9EE

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Plus wasn't that because Howard's agent didn't read the contract carefully enough and that sunk past them both? I don't recall the HowardTV stuff being intentional.

I remembered that as something posted by the guy on reddit who claims to have an insider. I went back and found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/4qj2vf/when_are_we_expecting_to_get_this_new_video/d4u0rwh/

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

Sand Monster posted:

I remembered that as something posted by the guy on reddit who claims to have an insider. I went back and found it: https://www.reddit.com/r/howardstern/comments/4qj2vf/when_are_we_expecting_to_get_this_new_video/d4u0rwh/

That's where I read this. Thanks for that link. By all other accounts, that Reddit account is pretty much spot on with news that has been made public so I buy it 100%.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kendra. I'm assuming that Christine at least is responsible enough to take care of her kids/family. Kendra's just some person who was loving around with Eric.

"Would you have sex with Eric?"
"Well... I'm not really a sexual person."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, bullshit. :rolleyes:

One of my favorite Fred moments was when they were reading her website and he said " Eric, it will never work, one of her biggest turn ons is a walk on the beach".

Kendra is easily worse that Christine. Christine might be terrible money grubber, but it takes two to tango. Sal knows who she is and what she wants. Kendra strung on a disabled dwarf in a wheelchair for publicity. There's no comparison.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

One of my favorite Fred moments was when they were reading her website and he said " Eric, it will never work, one of her biggest turn ons is a walk on the beach".

Kendra is easily worse that Christine. Christine might be terrible money grubber, but it takes two to tango. Sal knows who she is and what she wants. Kendra strung on a disabled dwarf in a wheelchair for publicity. There's no comparison.

Plus Christine had to put up with Sal. She more than earned whatever she got.

edit: Oh wow, why have I never seen this clip before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCsSaGd1o0c

"Benjy, you sit near me so I look good."

haljordan fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Dec 20, 2016

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

Holy gently caress I'm 3 minutes in and this is one of the best things I've ever seen.

I've also had a huge crush on Uma Thurman since I was like 17 so I'd be doing the exact same thing haha

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

Holy gently caress I'm 3 minutes in and this is one of the best things I've ever seen.

I've also had a huge crush on Uma Thurman since I was like 17 so I'd be doing the exact same thing haha

They actually put a bunch of Howard's trophies on the couch lmao

"Gary, get rid of that stuff! That's embarrassing."

Also the loving chicken in a cage ahahaha

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

haljordan posted:

Yeah that was the exact part where I had to stop watching it and post about it here lol

Going to return to it later when I can sit down and watch the whole thing intently and not as background noise.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

haljordan posted:

"Gary, get rid of that stuff! That's embarrassing."

"Gary I told you to shave that kid's head!"

:allears:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

haljordan posted:

That's the best part as it's the first thing she notices: "What's with the chicken?!"

"I'm in to chicken rescue..."

This was right after they had the chicken do football picks, rofl.

Caper
Feb 20, 2005

Fallen Rib

haljordan posted:

Yeah Uma Thurman is beautiful but it's worth mentioning that Robin looks great in this clip, too

:lol: at 28:30 they bring in a kid who thanks Howard (in front of Uma) for helping him fight cancer and Uma is cracking up the whole time
"How did you get cancer, were you a smoker?" Kid: "Yes."

Caper fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Dec 20, 2016

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

Does anyone have a link to the bit where Howard pranks Sal about his Christmas CD? Making him think it's really good? I'm sure it's fake as gently caress or whatever, but I remember it being funny and I need some funny right now, and gently caress if that's like the one thing I can't find on YouTube.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Smeep posted:

Does anyone have a link to the bit where Howard pranks Sal about his Christmas CD? Making him think it's really good? I'm sure it's fake as gently caress or whatever, but I remember it being funny and I need some funny right now, and gently caress if that's like the one thing I can't find on YouTube.

gently caress. I can't find it either. Please share if you end up finding it somehow. He was clowning his singing right?

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

gently caress. I can't find it either. Please share if you end up finding it somehow. He was clowning his singing right?

Well it was Sal's usual terrible Sinatra impression, and yeah Sal thought it was great, and so Howard messed with him, saying he loved it and if I recall it ended with Howard trying to get Sal a gig in a theatre or a live show or something. It was great because Sal really, really wanted to believe it was true.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Smeep posted:

Well it was Sal's usual terrible Sinatra impression, and yeah Sal thought it was great, and so Howard messed with him, saying he loved it and if I recall it ended with Howard trying to get Sal a gig in a theatre or a live show or something. It was great because Sal really, really wanted to believe it was true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD5KcPvDsiw
:newlol:

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Looks like Dominic lost some weight:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10208116154003460&set=a.1285920589966.2039606.1288698661&type=3

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Mey Dey Mey Dey!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004
Rapaport lost fantasy football and Gary has tweeted more since then than he has all year, I swear. He wants Rapaport kicked out because he busts balls too much then does that. I rate his level of hypocrisy a noine out of ten.