Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the original trailer also has a snippet of what I guess might be limit break x survivor

https://twitter.com/ryfura/status/809952764608450560

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Finally resumed my DBZ rewatch with the Garlic Jr. saga. It's good fun - I liked this one a lot when I watched it on Cartoon Network however many years ago it was and I enjoy it now because it gives Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin their last big chance to shine before Trunks arrives and Goku and Vegeta come back.

I remember at that time, I really loved it when you saw references to Dragon Ball (or the movies) in DBZ, because DB didn't get a proper "here's how it all began" broadcast on Toonami until after GT had aired in its entirety. See also: Cyborg Tao showing up in the Cell saga and flashbacks to Goku competing in the World Martial Arts Tournament as a kid.

Did anyone ever see an anime called Ultimate Muscle (Kinnikuman Nisei), which was about superhero pro wrestlers from outer space? Similar thing - it was a sequel to an earlier series (the anime of which I'm pretty sure must have been one of the prototypical modern shonen series) which never broadcast here, but every so often they'd allude to stuff that had happened in the original one and I really enjoyed that.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Wheat Loaf posted:

I remember at that time, I really loved it when you saw references to Dragon Ball (or the movies) in DBZ, because DB didn't get a proper "here's how it all began" broadcast on Toonami until after GT had aired in its entirety. See also: Cyborg Tao showing up in the Cell saga and flashbacks to Goku competing in the World Martial Arts Tournament as a kid.

No, Dragonball definitely aired before GT. It was shown around when the Buu saga was airing, with GT premiering a couple years after that.

This in all in the US mind you. It was probably different in other countries.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Wheat Loaf posted:

Finally resumed my DBZ rewatch with the Garlic Jr. saga. It's good fun - I liked this one a lot when I watched it on Cartoon Network however many years ago it was and I enjoy it now because it gives Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin their last big chance to shine before Trunks arrives and Goku and Vegeta come back.

Did anyone ever see an anime called Ultimate Muscle (Kinnikuman Nisei), which was about superhero pro wrestlers from outer space? Similar thing - it was a sequel to an earlier series (the anime of which I'm pretty sure must have been one of the prototypical modern shonen series) which never broadcast here, but every so often they'd allude to stuff that had happened in the original one and I really enjoyed that.

Ultimate Muscle is the only 4kids anime in history with a good theme song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ac3Cr965jM

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Revival of F was the best movie because we got to see buff roshi

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Neo_Crimson posted:

No, Dragonball definitely aired before GT. It was shown around when the Buu saga was airing, with GT premiering a couple years after that.

This in all in the US mind you. It was probably different in other countries.

Ah, I'm in the UK.

(I'm reasonably sure DB did have an attempted airing pre-DBZ but I never saw it.)

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Wheat Loaf posted:

I know what you mean about those flashbacks. They really gave the Dragon Ball world this sense of myth to me as a kid- they weren't just the past, but this pieces of this legend I was getting glimpses of from time to time, and those rumors of GT being like prophecies of a future that had yet to unfold.

Of course I've tempered on those feelings since then, but it's fun to think back to them from time to time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Goku is loving dead, dude.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Since when has that stopped anyone in Dragonball?

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I feel like the drama of Goku's death is nullified by the fact that one of the people discovering his corpse just died and got wished back a few months ago. Also, Gohan and Goten, you're dad was dead for the majority of both of your childhoods. Don't get all melodramatic now.

Biggest news of this episode is that Goten no longer finds Gohan's Saiyaman outfit cool. Goten is now the worst character.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
For speculation

I think Goku hired Hit

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I mean, if the stake is the whole Universe 7 being destroyed, would it be so crazy to just resurrect Frieza and go "Look dipshit, this universe you've been trying to rule is about to be completely gone, so you better do your part and help!" instead of bringing frigging Roshi, Tien or Krillin?

edit: nvm, forgot Krillin is supposed to be there to die and give Goku the proper motivation to reach SSGSS4

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Goku is loving dead, dude.

How many times is that now?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Azathoth256 posted:

How many times is that now?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

I mean, if the stake is the whole Universe 7 being destroyed, would it be so crazy to just resurrect Frieza and go "Look dipshit, this universe you've been trying to rule is about to be completely gone, so you better do your part and help!" instead of bringing frigging Roshi, Tien or Krillin?

edit: nvm, forgot Krillin is supposed to be there to die and give Goku the proper motivation to reach SSGSS4

Unless Hell is also going to be destroyed Frieza is exactly the kind fo guy who'd throw a fight and doom reality to spite Goku.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

lezard_valeth posted:

Bring back Cell as a good guy instead, I'm sure it's possible to mellow that guy out.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Unless Hell is also going to be destroyed Frieza is exactly the kind fo guy who'd throw a fight and doom reality to spite Goku.

It is. The only reason Frieza ever went to Hell is because he died on Earth (or that's how I understood it worked).

Also

Guess Beerus is gonna regret not being able to bail out to "Future Trunks Bail Out" timeline

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I hope the Universe 10 fighter is Zamasu's twin brother, Zamasu.

I mean, I also hope Universes 6 & 7 fuse, so clearly I hope for dumb bullshit, but that's why I'm watching DBS.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

HitTheTargets posted:

I hope for dumb bullshit, that's why I'm watching DBS.

New thread title, please?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/MilesExpress999/status/810313722241503232

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

For speculation

I think Goku hired Hit

That makes a lot of sense since Goku clearly knew about and was expecting the hit long before Hit got the job.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

drat, so much random poo poo going on in Dragon Ball Heroes and whatever I won't even bother to catch up. DBS still kinda fuzzy to me as well. I finally understand my parents.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

harsh lil bro

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I really, really wish someone had bothered to design pre-teen Goten and Trunks. Just a visual reminder that Goten's actually a bit older now would help sell that scene even better.

Surprisingly tense episode, really dug the atmosphere during it.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
It's annoying that Trunks and Goten haven't aged at all, but neither did Goku until there was a timeskip. They're only like 8 or 9 here, aren't they? Goku was a teenager throughout Dragonball.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

super starts a few months after buu dies

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The secret is that Saiyans actually enter into cocoons to change forms, but everyone thinks it's really creepy so they never mention it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Momomo posted:

It's annoying that Trunks and Goten haven't aged at all, but neither did Goku until there was a timeskip. They're only like 8 or 9 here, aren't they? Goku was a teenager throughout Dragonball.

gohan did tho

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

gohan did tho

Gohan is the Yamcha of Saiyans until this arc or Universe Survival prove otherwise.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

Gohan is the Yamcha of Saiyans until this arc or Universe Survival prove otherwise.

Yamcha defeated the strongest team of a god of destruction while tanking their attacks last episode. :colbert:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

Or just go for some friendly fire, assuming it's a Battle Royale deal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lezard_valeth posted:

gohan has actually won fights before tho

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yamcha beat Goku.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

I feel like the drama of Goku's death is nullified by the fact that one of the people discovering his corpse just died and got wished back a few months ago. Also, Gohan and Goten, you're dad was dead for the majority of both of your childhoods. Don't get all melodramatic now.

it's almost like the creators know this when even Gohan during the preview narration says this isn't the first time but it's still kinda shocking to see his dad die

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yamcha beat Goku.

Yamcha beat up a starving child

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well Goku did hear its hard to get in touch with Hit. He prolly wants to have a friendly talk after death.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I looked at the 4 Super Vegeta Den raws I could find and that poo poo seems powerfully rad.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yamcha beat up a starving child
To be fair how many Dragon Ball characters have been able to successfully defeat starving children?

There's Yamcha, Tambourine...any others I'm missing?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Raxivace posted:

To be fair how many Dragon Ball characters have been able to successfully defeat starving children?

There's Yamcha, Tambourine...any others I'm missing?

Goku was doing pretty well against Uub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

Goku was doing pretty well against Uub.
True, though Uub got a few good hits in.

Starving children did pretty well in Dragon Ball, all things considered.

• Locked thread