Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Christmas tax bonus; the F35 thread shall not contain it:

Hillary 2020 posted:

It's Christmas time, brought to you by the MIC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Evil_Greven posted:

Christmas tax bonus; the F35 thread shall not contain it:

Is that Boston Dynamic's? They seem to be doing better than what could be described as an F-35 project.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Have you uploaded it to youtube yet?

This is the version they had on youtube that i downloaded just prior to it being removed https://yadi.sk/i/QNuW8MEK33uQAw

uploading the copy i recorded via OBS to YouTube atm got another 10 or so minutes before it'll be ready then i'll edit in the link

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Blue Balls posted:

This is the version they had on youtube that i downloaded just prior to it being removed https://yadi.sk/i/QNuW8MEK33uQAw

uploading the copy i recorded via OBS to YouTube atm got another 10 or so minutes before it'll be ready then i'll edit in the link

Good username/post combo

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:laffo:

The fact they'll pretend this isn't hosed up or the rantings of mentally ill people is whats killer.

Edit - Like they're literally making pedo jokes about a dudes kid because he talks poo poo about a loving video game on Twitter. That's how deranged they are.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 18, 2016

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

I am nopecat. Clearly my sarcasm went over their head.

The Titanic posted:

Aw man. He forgot:
code:
ENABLE_COMPLETE_GAME = 1;
OVERLAY_CODE_ON_IDEAS = 1;
These guys might not know as much about game development as they think. I think they need to go back to Roberts Space University and actually finish their degrees instead of just say they have one. Everybody knows that only works in marketing and marine biology.

Jason Sextro posted:

yeah I wonder if that guy has ever told anyone they don't understand game development

Mr Fronts posted:

pgabz, look at all these people hacking their cfg files! Look what you've done - you should be ashamed of yourself.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

MISC stands for Musashi Industrial Starship Concern, or something else like that because gently caress this stupid lore. It's not a placeholder.
Have the Japanese ever named their companies a "concern" irl or is that just an affectation from the Simpsons?

TheLightPurges posted:

Chris Roberts, CEO of Cloud Imperium Games, literally called the website for his games, Star Citizen and SQ42, robertsspaceindustries.com. Hes a giant tool.

RSI= Roberts Space Industries. And its like the Mary Sue of spaceship companies where they have all the cool poo poo.
Lol they invented the hyperdrive in the SC lore universe. What ludicrous self-aggrandisement.

This game will end up being rushed like Sonic '06 because now they'll be scrambling to get a product out- not to secure funding, but to prevent them owing money to backers in the form of refunds in excess of what they have on reserve.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Gene RoddenberryChris Roberts, father of modern scifi

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Have the Japanese ever named their companies a "concern" irl or is that just an affectation from the Simpsons?

Lol they invented the hyperdrive in the SC lore universe. What ludicrous self-aggrandisement.

This game will end up being rushed like Sonic '06 because now they'll be scrambling to get a product out- not to secure funding, but to prevent them owing money to backers in the form of refunds in excess of what they have on reserve.

So, "Concern" comes from the German term Konzern which means a group of small businesses put together as an amalgamation to accomplish a bigger goal. The Japanese term for this is Zaibatsu. Mitsubishi is one of the four wide known Zaibatsu, and the only one known to America, and certainly the biggest. I would also assume Musashi == Mitsubishi, because Mitsu built the Musashi. Side note, the Kure Naval Museum has a 1/10 scale model of the Yamato (sister ship to the Musashi) that is about 87 feet long. It is an amazing sight in person, and the ship it depicts was one of the finest build for the war.

edit to include picture because it was just so incredibly awesome to see in person, especially as someone who has an intense interest in modelling ships.

Double edit: I am now somewhat sure that MISC is actually fairly clever, so Roberts probably did not come up with that one. And if he did, I will give him the credit he deserves for it.

IncredibleIgloo fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 18, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

god drat that dowlphin i forgot he was still circlin the drain

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is that the guy with... a website?

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

I have made a copy of the stream and uploaded as unlisted

https://youtu.be/Vg_ZcA1dwu0

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that the guy with... a website?

Yes, and the website is still in his signature.

I'd forgotten how much of a charmer he is:
https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/701451805595721729

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mirificus posted:

Yes, and the website is still in his signature.

I'd forgotten how much of a charmer he is:
https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/701451805595721729

Another thread on this forum has taught me the correct term for this individual. He appears to be an "Incel".

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Risc1911 posted:

I have made a copy of the stream and uploaded as unlisted

https://youtu.be/Vg_ZcA1dwu0

Someone tell me more about these blankets from Sri Lanka.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

Well Sir, these blankets are great. The most comfortable. No other blanket has ever existed that matches their quality. They are so blanketdiletous they cost a little more than the average blanket, but will last you a lifetime. Now, let me ask you, how many blankets do you go through in a life!? Probably close to like 1500, so, based on the average blanket price of 59.99 times 1500 you might expect this blanket to cost about $90,000. Now, that is crazy! We will sell you this high quality Sri Lankan blanket for only $2,500! It is still in development, but you can pay a low testing fee of $10 a month (in addition to the small $2,500 fee) to start testing this blanket right away! We admit, the blanket only has the outlines done, but you can see and imagine how warm it will keep you!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

That person has an accurate username. I have *never* heard Derek say anything at all even vaguely threatening. (At least in the physical/threatening sense. He certainly has threatened to release information about ongoing criminal activity)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/753785393959567361
https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/792530544751943680
https://twitter.com/Dowlphin/status/798123740756406272

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

IncredibleIgloo posted:

That person has an accurate username. I have *never* heard Derek say anything at all even vaguely threatening. (At least in the physical/threatening sense. He certainly has threatened to release information about ongoing criminal activity)
Seriously; that guy's entire post history (I only looked through like 3 pages) is posting about him in the dc or sc subreddits :stare:

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Unfunny Poster posted:

I was wondering what she was talking about. So i did not imagine it, it was about Sri Lanka blankets...

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Acquilae posted:

Seriously; that guy's entire post history (I only looked through like 3 pages) is posting about him in the dc or sc subreddits :stare:

Yeah, I just looked through it myself to try to find something funny to post. Nothing funny, just scary. To be honest; it was a little frightening. I honestly believe that he could be the sort of person who would try to hurt someone.

:ohdear:

Even all of us "Rabid SC haters" don't want people to get hurt. We want them to get their money back before it is gone. The thought that some people have already lost their marriages due to SC, are lying to their SO, are not able to get medical services they need because they believe so strongly in this.... this... I don't know what to call it, it is obviously not a game! This illusion, trick, maybe even fantasy! I think it really makes us sad and upset. We want to see people get well.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Also, I find "You will find a concentration of morons anywhere you are not allowed to call them out." to be incredibly loving laughable from a Brony.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The Titanic posted:

My anger and rage against this game is .. not there at all. I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. :ohdear:

I don't even care about the Christmas video thing being a disaster for either side.

I think most everybody knows what's going to happen, just not the how, and not then when. I'm patient so it can go on as long as it wants. :shobon:

Though the fyad guy is really try hard. If it were funny it'd be ok. The tane guy was redeeming but this one is just really corny. But if it helps him sleep at night, more power to him I guess. He's just creepy. I hope he's getting lots of :lol:s and Internet fame for it though so it's not just shameful all around. Good luck, fyad friend! :3:

The tane guy was redeeming.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
A) Im not fyad
B) yeah im sure to get boundless fame for trying to better the people in the star citizen mock doxx zone thread in somethingawful
C) this isnt a laughing matter. I got doxxed and sent death threats, and you people had your ex mod doxx people and you all encouraged him. Somehow hes still allowed to post while i get probated for calling you all out on how obsessive and creepy it is to spend months tracking peoples post histories on reddit and remembering their names off of sheer routine.
Please stop doxxing, sending death threats, jacking off to space ships drawn as humans (seriously?), and stalking people online.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Holy poo poo, this thread certainly has some FYAD fucks trying real hard to play victim! How much are you in for commando?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Also, why are you making up stories about being doxxed? Lying doesn't seem to be the best way to perpetuate your "righteous cause".

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

Livestream will be up when it's done processing (about 45 mins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2A-l81-LKA

Spatial fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 18, 2016

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

That picture of Ben fucks with my eyes. Whoever said it's like a video with bad aspect ratio was dead on. :newlol:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Spatial posted:

It's better in motion

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

It's better in motion

Fixed :buddy:

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

ArfJason posted:

A) Im not fyad
B) yeah im sure to get boundless fame for trying to better the people in the star citizen mock doxx zone thread in somethingawful
C) this isnt a laughing matter. I got doxxed and sent death threats, and you people had your ex mod doxx people and you all encouraged him. Somehow hes still allowed to post while i get probated for calling you all out on how obsessive and creepy it is to spend months tracking peoples post histories on reddit and remembering their names off of sheer routine.
Please stop doxxing, sending death threats, jacking off to space ships drawn as humans (seriously?), and stalking people online.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Spatial posted:

Yo, he still is legitimately the best "Stage Presence" they have though. I mean, the guy has a lot of garbage thoughts and lifestyle choices, but he can actually really just shoot from the hip naturally and be believable. My God I bet it pisses Sandy off. I really wish he would decide to start living a little healthier and realize he made some bad comments earlier in his life and try to amend for that. Drunk beefeater was pretty good too! (Also, probably substantially less racist/sexist)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

So, I took the video and dragged the slider through a talk scene with my video recorder running...

http://i.imgur.com/xqJpnMh.mp4

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I like when Ben sits in the over sized left chair and it looks like a normal one, then later in the stream you are wondering if they are trying to gently caress with your mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terebus
Feb 17, 2007

Pillbug

ArfJason posted:

A) Im not fyad

hosed up with true, here I'll help you with some doxxing to get the people back.

https://twitter.com/dsmart?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

PLz revenge responsibly, and publicly.

EDIT: Also, you can seek legal advice by looking at the image below.

Terebus fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 18, 2016