Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
my fat wife keeps putting her fingers in my rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Zzulu posted:

my fat wife keeps putting her fingers in my rear end in a top hat

congrats!!!!!!

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

underage at the vape shop posted:

You need funner coworkers.

I absolutely do. But I also do like a pretty clear divide between work and play. Don't poo poo where you eat as another poster already mentioned.

The repercussions about the guy getting fired sucks for his family but it's a pretty rookie mistake to get that drunk and lip off the way he did. Why should his coworker have to now see him on a regular basis after he harassed her like that? It's so gross without even getting into the more serious side of it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the capitalist relies on the threat of ultimate sanctions to maintain his power. his icy grip is the grasp of death and he must perish like a dog

Me[31M] with my economic system[240C]. They just don't care about me as a person. How do I break up?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

don;'t poo poo where you eat is about loving coworkers. most of my best pals are coworkers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Groovelord Neato posted:

don;'t poo poo where you eat is about loving coworkers. most of my best pals are coworkers.

This is also a bad sign. Among other things, companies literally use this to keep you emotionally hostage in a workplace. Also, I really can't be as emotionally open with fellow professionals as you can with a real friend. Or even just generally open, I never told anyone I ever worked with that I was an artist in my spare time, even though I had plenty of stuff that wasn't embarrassing, landscapes and such.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I absolutely do. But I also do like a pretty clear divide between work and play. Don't poo poo where you eat as another poster already mentioned.

The repercussions about the guy getting fired sucks for his family but it's a pretty rookie mistake to get that drunk and lip off the way he did. Why should his coworker have to now see him on a regular basis after he harassed her like that? It's so gross without even getting into the more serious side of it.

Basically this

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

I don't think the guy has a family as he was hitting on the lesbian daughter.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HOT! New Memes posted:

I don't think the guy has a family as he was hitting on the lesbian daughter.

That is in no way a safe assumption

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

it is me, i am the poster that regularly posts about how lovely men are and how lovely women are in the /r/relationships thread in the general bullshit forum of the comedy website something awful dot com

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Pick posted:

That is in no way a safe assumption

Exhibit A: guy who messaged lesbian couple who just had a baby and his girlfriend in a group chat to see if they'd all be down for a foursome

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Exhibit A: guy who messaged lesbian couple who just had a baby and his girlfriend in a group chat to see if they'd all be down for a foursome

That guy was the platonic ideal insensitive jerk.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

tactlessbastard posted:

That guy was the platonic ideal insensitive jerk.

What is your little snake avatar from? I feel like I recognize it, it is really cute

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pick posted:

This is also a bad sign. Among other things, companies literally use this to keep you emotionally hostage in a workplace. Also, I really can't be as emotionally open with fellow professionals as you can with a real friend. Or even just generally open, I never told anyone I ever worked with that I was an artist in my spare time, even though I had plenty of stuff that wasn't embarrassing, landscapes and such.

no.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Pick posted:

What is your little snake avatar from? I feel like I recognize it, it is really cute

A guy from a few versions of the comics thread back translated the Swedish? comic 'Pyton' for us. It had really beautiful expressive work. I got a real kick out of it and avatarized a panel where Pyton is saluting a veteran.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
My [22 M) Girlfriend [22 MF] is angry because I play games like GTA and the Witcher

quote:

My girlfriend and I are together for almost 4 years. She has a tendency to be jealous at times; we talked about it a lot and it was getting better recently.

However, yesterday she blew my mind. She was RAGING on me because I play games like GTA and the Witcher on Playstation, since there are prostitutes in GTA and also naked women / sex scenes in the Witcher. She accused me of masturbating to these women (because she read on internet that some men do that) and having a second life in these games. However, I don't care at all for the sex scenes, I play because of the story and the open world. Furthermore, I only play (at most) a few hours a week. A lot of times I even don't play for weeks / months.

I think it is ridiculous that she is now even jealous on video game characters. She accused me of having a second life in these games, because of the fact you can choose a girlfriend in the Witcher an go to the ho's in GTA

How can I/We solve this issue?

tl;dr: GF rages accuses me of masturbating / being in love with videogame characters. Thinks it is not right to have a "girlfriend" in a game when playing the character.
Taking jealous insecurity to new levels

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah that's dumb. That said, how many years is it going to take this guy to finish The Witcher at a few hours a week? Is that why he's still on the first one? Dang

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Pick posted:

I don't know what kind of hellscape you work in but at most places it's expected and normal to form genuine friendships with coworkers. If anything it's a path for advancement, since you want to promote those with demonstrated people skills to management positions.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pick posted:

Yeah that's dumb. That said, how many years is it going to take this guy to finish The Witcher at a few hours a week? Is that why he's still on the first one? Dang
Witcher 1 only came out on PC so I guess he jumped right to 3 like most sane people.

I can see her getting pissed at the first one because of the collectible sex cards but 3 is actually pretty positive about women lol. The hilarious sex scenes are 100% redeemed by this one

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

quote:

My [23F] fiancé [29M] wants me to include "obey" in our vows. I'm unsure what to do.

Some backstory: We are planning our wedding and getting legally married in February. It's going to be a private ceremony, just the two of us and the officiant. We are having a more formal ceremony on either our first or second anniversary or close to it, when we can afford a large ceremony and give our family notice to save up to attend our wedding (we both want to do this, this isn't the part that is up for debate).

But for the last few days, we have been arguing over our vows. Neither of us are very religious, but we agreed to have non-denominational religious vows at our ceremony, since the officiant we are using offers two standard sets of vows, religious and secular. I'm Jewish and I know that "non-denominational religious" usually has a Christian leaning, but this doesn't really bother me, since I'm not exactly observant. The part that does bother me, is that my fiancé wants to do very traditional vows, which include vowing to "love, honor, and obey" him. He said it's very important to him, but I'm uncertain about whether or not I want to. There are a few factors affecting my decision.

We have a relationship with a dominant/submissive dynamic, I do obey him in most aspects of our everyday life, though we have an equal say when it comes to major decisions, as well as a few other guidelines I've put in place, such as my appearance being solely my decision.

The thing is though, I choose to be submissive to him, making a vow to do so makes it very permanent. I know that aspect of the vow isn't legally binding (and since obeying your husband isn't a tenet of Judaism, I don't consider it binding before God and have no religious obligation to do so), but I still feel that putting it in our vows sets a certain precedent.

I have told him that if I decide to do it, I'm not going to consider it binding, and I'm not going to change our current dynamic at all, and he's okay with that. I also told him that I'm absolutely not making that part of the vows we take at our formal ceremony in front of our families, and he agreed, it will just be something between us that no one else will know about.

I'm not 100% against it, I'm just uncertain whether or not I should take this vow, since it seems so archaic.

TL;DR: Fiancé wants me to vow to obey him, I'm undecided.

quote:

Chapsticklover 59 points 2 hours ago

How long have you two been dating?

quote:

[–]EmpressOfBritain [S] -70 points 1 hour ago

Six and a half months.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

So I married a raging manchild:

My husband [32] got so angry yesterday he smashed his monitor. I [25F] don't know how to deal with his behaviour.

quote:

My husband (32) and I (25) have been together for ~5 years, married for almost 2.

Yesterday my husband punched and broke his second monitor in a fit of rage. He said he was having a bad day, which consisted of getting up at 11:30 or so, helping me clean the house (something which he rarely does), seeing his dad and driving him to an end of year ice skating show and then came home. His dad has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer which has spread to his bones and brain. He can't drive as per the doctor, as the cancer in his brain is in his vision center. He has just finished his first round of radiotherapy and he's looking thin, frail and his hair is falling out. His apartment is also a mess, all of which affects my husband deeply.

What triggered his rage was the following: He sat down to run a dungeon on WoW and his friend and his brother were on mumble (voice chat program). So they were talking over their headsets. I got up (was sitting next to him on my PC) and said I was going to make dinner. His brother was talking at the time so he said he didn't hear me and asked his brother to be quiet for a minute so he could. I repeated what I said (called out from the kitchen where I had moved to) and again his brother was talking at the same time. His brother likes to wind him up. My husband was yelling at him to shut up now. I came back over to the computer room and repeat it again. His brother was still talking over the headset. So my husband throws the headset off his head, gets up, screams, slams the desk and punches his second monitor which hits the wall and falls apart. During all of this I am screaming at him to stop, I can hear his friend yelling "what the hell?!" through the discarded headset, and I'm looking on in shock, not knowing what else to do.

After he's done I'm yelling "what the hell did you do that for?!!" and tell him to unplug the monitor, in case it catches fire or something and he does so. After which he says he feels better now and sits down to keep playing his game. I'm in shock so I go around the corner, sit on the floor and start crying, to which he says "What are you crying for?" in an annoyed tone. I did that for a bit and walk back over, now that he's finished his dungeon. I go over and tell him that that was completely unacceptable behaviour, why didn't you just take off the headset so you could hear me, if you ever do that again you're out of here etc. I told him that he scared me and what if one day he hit me like that, to which he replied that he had too much respect for women and that he would never hurt me. I told him that people don't think straight when they're in a fit of rage and do things that they don't intend. He wouldn't accept that fact and he didn't like that I had given him this ultimatum and goes to start packing his things to leave.

After some more back and forth he tells me that I should've just gone over and hugged him and held his arms down and he would've been better and that he just needs more hugs. I hugged him at this point and told him that he needs help, this isn't how to behave, this is how a child throwing a tantrum behaves and that I married a man, not a child to parent. He lay down for a bit and had some food and was ok after that, but I'm left feeling hurt, that no resolution was reached and angry that he did what he did. He's not interested in getting help. This isn't the first time he's slammed his fists on the desk and thrown his headset. It doesn't happen often, but it's usually because he's lost in one of his computer games. I play games too and understand it's frustrating if you're on a losing streak, but his behaviour is wrong. He can't turn it off and walk away like I do and have suggested to him.

I don't know what to do here. I didn't let him leave, because I still worry about him. He wouldn't go to his family, he would just live in his car, too ashamed to go home and I'm worried he may even do something stupid and hurt/kill himself. (He cut himself a lot as a teen). What am I supposed to do here?

TL;DR Husband got angry because his brother was winding him up, broke computer monitor. Told him that's unacceptable, I'm scared, what if you hurt me some day? He tried to leave, stopped him but won't get help. How am I supposed to deal with this?

Edit: Spacing in text. Edit 2 Thank you to everyone who replied, you've confirmed what I thought in that he is minimising my feelings and that I'm not wrong when I tell him that he might really flip next time and hurt me, whether he intends it or not. I'm going to speak to my family and see how I go, but I'm out the door if he tries any of that again. Also he doesn't have a gun, nor any access to one (yay for gun laws down under!) and we have no children.
Someone post stop getting mad at video games frog please.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'd ask her where the hell she was reading about anime waifus.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Eldred posted:

I don't know what kind of hellscape you work in but at most places it's expected and normal to form genuine friendships with coworkers. If anything it's a path for advancement, since you want to promote those with demonstrated people skills to management positions.

Part of people skills is tailoring your behavior to the situation. I'm never going to be besties with a colleague, because I'm never going to let them see the part of me that has a drunken honeycomb cereal fight in the parking lot of a famous daves.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's hard as poo poo when a family member has cancer and is dying, if they wanted to save that relationship they need to be in a place where he can communicate and get emotional help for that. That said, you have to stop and check yourself when someone flips out, because reciprocally flipping out to out-flip the other flipper has never, ever helped anything.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Pick posted:

Part of people skills is tailoring your behavior to the situation. I'm never going to be besties with a colleague, because I'm never going to let them see the part of me that has a drunken honeycomb cereal fight in the parking lot of a famous daves.

I guess that explains it then, because that part of me doesn't exist.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I'll never become friends with my coworkers because the fake work version of myself is a lot more likable

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Malkof posted:

My husband [32] got so angry yesterday he smashed his monitor. I [25F] don't know how to deal with his behaviour.

Why is my husband acting out like a child?!!

quote:

His dad has been recently diagnosed with lung cancer which has spread to his bones and brain. He can't drive as per the doctor, as the cancer in his brain is in his vision center. He has just finished his first round of radiotherapy and he's looking thin, frail and his hair is falling out. His apartment is also a mess, all of which affects my husband deeply. 

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Eldred posted:

I guess that explains it then, because that part of me doesn't exist.

~learn to live~

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Reforge your best coworkers into real friends once you leave your current job.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

dick wizard posted:

Why is my husband acting out like a child?!!

my father-in-law's terminal illness is bringing out the inner abusive raging monster my husband truly is

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Reforge your best coworkers into real friends once you leave your current job.

btw this is when you eventually find out they're nazis :doh:

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Malkof posted:

Someone post stop getting mad at video games frog please.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

my father-in-law's terminal illness is bringing out the inner abusive raging monster my husband truly is

Obviously videay games are to blame. How do I sever?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IncredibleIgloo posted:

While not ideal, nothing in the military is. And, uh, oddly enough in the non dangerous areas of the military the big worry is making GBS threads your pants. That is something you might not ever recover from in a 20 year career. Especially if that poo poo ends up somewhere.

Lets put it like this: I told my direct NCO, a real NCO, and my DIV-O about this dude pulling his dick out. They were pretty much like "Dick out, so what?" and I said I was going to take it further. They made it *certainly* clear that if I did they would look bad and I would feel worse. The right thing would have been to soldier on, say "gently caress it", and just keep going up. But I had 4 years left on my contract at this point. I would have been hosed. I felt worse than I had ever felt in my life. I was torn between helping these poor girls who were getting harassed and loving my life over for four years. Also, every level I took it further the more people would know, and I was not sure these women wanted their names and situations plastered all over the place. It was a difficult situation for me, especially considering all the people I alerted to this should have given a poo poo about their sailors, but didn't. What I needed was that guy off the boat, and I was willing to do what it took. Let the fact that I had to poo poo in someone else's marked underwear and spread it over a door as opposed to simply tell my reporting officer(s) what was going on inform you of how really utterly lovely the US Navy really is.

it's almost as if an organisation which rapes and murders people as part of it's modus operandi doesn't give a poo poo about minor sexual assault.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
That sounds like a rather serious story and the video game part is pretty immaterial. The guy seems to be under a lot of emotional stress, and the brother is what set him off. The op is right that he needs help.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Yeah a dying parent really drudges up all sorts of awful and bizarre behavior that was probably just beneath the surface all along. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this guy takes a swing at his brother or wife as his dad's condition deteriorates.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dick wizard posted:

Yeah a dying parent really drudges up all sorts of awful and bizarre behavior that was probably just beneath the surface all along. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this guy takes a swing at his brother or wife as his dad's condition deteriorates.

It should be the brother, why is he douching out when their dad is dying?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

gentle pete posted:

Six and a half months

It's also a long distance relationship, they met over Reddit six months ago, they're marrying to get him a visa, she's not telling her parents about the marriage and they've only actually spent ten weeks together.

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Dec 18, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tears In A Vial posted:

It's also a long distance relationship, they met over Reddit six months ago, and they're marrying to get that visa

god drat she is a loving moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Pick posted:

god drat she is a loving moron

Oh, I just edited in another juicy little tidbit, she's not telling her parents about the wedding