Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
women need to stop dating terrible older men that smarter, age-contemporary women discarded. they're effectively subsidizing the dude not getting his poo poo together. then he gets to be 45 and too saggy even for the daddy-issue'd and then where will he be? eating chex mix out of a can, and it doesn't even come in a can. it's cruel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Tears In A Vial posted:

It's also a long distance relationship, they met over Reddit six months ago, they're marrying to get him a visa and she's not telling her parents about the marriage.

This is like Liebot finishing off a story for Phillipe.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tears In A Vial posted:

Oh, I just edited in another juicy little tidbit, she's not telling her parents about the wedding

god drat she is a moron

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

Pick posted:

It should be the brother, why is he douching out when their dad is dying?

Probably because their dad is, y'know, dying.

Doesn't excuse bad behaviour in any way, but it certainly makes it more understandable that it might occur.

EDIT: haha ok I just read the part about them meeting on Reddit and marrying for a visa after 6 months. Disregard what I said, they're just a loving trainwreck couple/family

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

there's a league of laffos streamer who legit gets pissed off and breaks monitors fairly regularly. he even tweets out pics of it.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Lonely Virgil posted:

Me (35 M) with my wife (33 F), I'm worried she's not very interested in our daughter (2 mo)

Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

Pick posted:

~learn to live~

I'm an ACoA and an oldest child, so that'll probably never be me :shobon: You do you, forums user Pick.

I [M25] cheated on my girlfriend [F24] of 3 years. We moved far away from home together and now she wants nothing to do with me.

quote:

I saw another female twice within a two week time span. Both times I made up excuses so she didn't know my whereabouts. Both times I went to see the other female I couldn't put myself through with sex, and the second time bicycled home 40 miles because I couldn't stand to be there. I hid it from my girlfriend and when she found out she kicked me right out and wants nothing to do with me. That was 7 weeks ago. Not much contact since.
She agreed to meet me last night and told me that she would vomit if we shared the same bed again. She told me there was no hope, and I should move back home (5000 miles) but then let me give her a BIG hug and wrapped her arms around me. I'm so confused. Am I a fool for wanting to fight for her love even though she tells me there is no hope and she will never be happy with me again?
TL;DR - sought other female, felt too guilty for sex, hid from girlfriend. I want her but she says she is done with me. Is there any hope?

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

It should be the brother, why is he douching out when their dad is dying?

It almost certainly will be. Dad's dying, you're driving him around and being confronted with the reality of his illness while your brother is nowhere to be found. Then when your brother does show up his goal is to agitate you. I'd probably have a mini meltdown in that situation too.
If he doesn't hit him at the funeral he'll almost certainly say something to damage their relationship for a few years.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

My brother and I didn't speak for a year after our dad's death. He had accused me of being uncaring, heartless, and not loving our dad because I had trouble expressing my grief. I called him a child for throwing tantrums over it in front of anyone. Cue black eyes. Granted we were 17 and 18 but still, we got over it.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Pick posted:

women need to stop dating terrible older men that smarter, age-contemporary women discarded. they're effectively subsidizing the dude not getting his poo poo together. then he gets to be 45 and too saggy even for the daddy-issue'd and then where will he be? eating chex mix out of a can, and it doesn't even come in a can. it's cruel.

I've known chicks in their 20s with daddy issues who date dudes in their 60s. There's always hope.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Eldred posted:

I'm an ACoA and an oldest child, so that'll probably never be me :shobon: You do you, forums user Pick.

I [M25] cheated on my girlfriend [F24] of 3 years. We moved far away from home together and now she wants nothing to do with me.

'Female'

lol good on his gf though

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Eldred posted:

This is going to be the most beautiful relationship when he finally wears down her resistance to him pestering her and she accepts him back into her life. I can see now how his inability to learn from his mistakes, pushing of her boundaries, and inability to interpret normal human signs of care as not excusing past gently caress-ups will lead to a healthy and stable relationship for all involved.

I just hope he can start guilting her about telling him to move home even though he moved across the country for her so that they can start this wonderful new journey together as soon as possible. True love :kimchi:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i tried to cheat but i hosed it up. you don't want to throw out this mighty piece of win, female

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

My brother and I didn't speak for a year after our dad's death. He had accused me of being uncaring, heartless, and not loving our dad because I had trouble expressing my grief. I called him a child for throwing tantrums over it in front of anyone. Cue black eyes. Granted we were 17 and 18 but still, we got over it.

I have three brothers and I already know which one I'm going to fight when the old man kicks it. We're 34 and 37.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Flipping is out going to happen when people you love are dying, it suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Adam Vegas posted:

Probably because their dad is, y'know, dying.

Doesn't excuse bad behaviour in any way, but it certainly makes it more understandable that it might occur.

EDIT: haha ok I just read the part about them meeting on Reddit and marrying for a visa after 6 months. Disregard what I said, they're just a loving trainwreck couple/family

I think you mixed up the stories. Visa is for couple getting married where dude wants girl to say she must obey him. Dying dad is already married couple with dude expressing his emotions inappropriately.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Don't most wedding vows in the states involve "to have and to hold" in the text, unless you're saying some hippy self-written poo poo? Essentially both partners are gaining legal ownership over one another through a verbal and written contract, likely in front of dozens of witnesses, and always in front of an officiating representative of the state (often an ordained cleric). She doesn't even need to add "obey" anywhere in her vows, she just needs to waive her half of the joint control. Simple.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Habendum_clause

Pick posted:

Flipping is out going to happen when people you love are dying, it suuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Very true. Your emotions explode at weird times when Grams or your buddy are dying. Two real example for me.

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Dec 18, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Original post:
Found out that my [24 M] Fiancee [25 F] has been answering adult Craigslist Ads, devestated and not sure how to proceed

Update:
UPDATE: Found out that my [24 M] Fiancee [25 F] has been answering adult Craigslist Ads, devestated and not sure how to proceed

It's nice to see a somewhat happy ending to one of these disaster stories :unsmith:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah it's unrealistic to expect people to flip out 0 times in their entire lives.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

people are bad at writing fake stories. the dude in that craigslist one put in way too much detail that nobody would remember if they were recounting something that happened. nobody would go oh the food was tasteless but it was a california roll and some designer roll. they probably wouldn't even mention they kept eating as she broke down.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

people are bad at writing fake stories. the dude in that craigslist one put in way too much detail that nobody would remember if they were recounting something that happened. nobody would go oh the food was tasteless but it was a california roll and some designer roll. they probably wouldn't even mention they kept eating as she broke down.

I could believe that a redditor would do and write that down to feel like a badass calm logic man (when hes just being dweebish online)

The roll description is just a part of his hammy writing style

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys
Even though it's not true, it's pretty engrained that being cheated on is a thing that only happens to schlubs. Wanting to regain some honor through portraying yourself as the better person is pretty natural, even though some people venture pretty far into stdh territory.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

military cervix posted:

Even though it's not true, it's pretty engrained that being cheated on is a thing that only happens to schlubs. Wanting to regain some honor through portraying yourself as the better person is pretty natural, even though some people venture pretty far into stdh territory.

Well, that if it happens to a guy, he's a schlub. It's one of those rare cases where I do think being a woman is easier; if your boyfriend cheats on you, I think you're more likely going to get genuine sympathy.

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

Pick posted:

Well, that if it happens to a guy, he's a schlub. It's one of those rare cases where I do think being a woman is easier; if your boyfriend cheats on you, I think you're more likely going to get genuine sympathy.

Good point. Even though the underlying reason for that dynamic is pretty much that "men should be able to keep their women under control", I guess it shakes out to womens advantage in some edge cases.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

That was my first impression, but her post made it sound like its happened before, so maybe not?

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS

I'll never become friends with my coworkers because the fake work version of myself is a lot more likable

Holy poo poo, this. I let a ton of crap go by me at work that I wouldn't take for even a minute in my non-work life.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JnnyThndrs posted:

Holy poo poo, this. I let a ton of crap go by me at work that I wouldn't take for even a minute in my non-work life.

Pretty much.

work:

home:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

military cervix posted:

Good point. Even though the underlying reason for that dynamic is pretty much that "men should be able to keep their women under control", I guess it shakes out to womens advantage in some edge cases.

nah the underlying reason is she probably went elsewhere cuz you weren't tongue bathing her clit on the reg.

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

Yeah the Craiglist guy was kinda STDH. How about another picky manchild for a change?

I [20F] Had a get together. Bf [25M] Blew up at me because he didn't like the food.

quote:

We've dated for 9 months. My friends and I have a little tradition where every couple weeks we get together at someone's house and have a food party. It basically goes like, let's say it's johns turn to host. John is at liberty to order any kind of food he wants and he orders or cooks enough for everyone. So when we all get to his house the food is there and we all share and eat and get drunk. The point is that the food is a surprise and you try new things. So, it was my turn to host yesterday. I hosted at bfs place.

I decided on Greek food this time around. I got souvlaki (pork and vegetable kabobs), fried cheese, a big Greek salad, stuffed grape leaves, a "build your own gyro" platter and baklava for dessert. Lots of food and choices because I was feeding 7 people.

So my food arrives and I set everything up as my friends start arriving. Bf did ask what food I was getting but I told him it was a surprise. So now everyone's here and I reveal the truck load of food and the happy times start.

As everyone's getting food, bf looks extremely annoyed and upset. I offer to make a plate for him and he looks at me and says he doesn't like any of what I got. We keep talking and turns out hes never even had half of the food I laid out, he just doesn't like the look of it. He doesn't want the stuffed leaves because "the concept sounds gross" he doesn't want salad because of the feta. He's not in the mood for gyros. The only thing he's willing to pick at is the meat on the kabobs.

I tell him if he sits there hungry and upset it's his fault. Everyone else loves the food and they ask him why his plate is so empty. He explains his reasoning to them by saying "I dont eat this garbage" my friends aren't afraid to speak up so now the mood is tense and they tell him he needs to be more open trying new things and to not be so rude. Bf is literally glaring at me at this point.

He then gets up, goes to the kitchen and cooks. Wanna know what he cooks? Kraft mac n cheese. He brings a bowl back and eats. Everyone is pretty much making fun of him right now which I probably should have put a stop to but it was pretty funny. Glaring continues. After he's done he goes into his room for the rest of the night.

The night ends and my friends leave. I start wrapping up leftovers when bf comes back out. He starts yelling at the top of his lungs that I embarrassed him and I'm so inconsiderate to put him in this situation. I shouldn't have gotten food without getting his opinion first, I'm selfish, a good woman wouldn't let her man be hungry, why couldn't I get pizza instead because I know he likes pizza. Stuff along that line.

After the argument I took my stuff and went home because I had no desire to sleep next to him. Today he's texted me multiple apologies saying that he was just so hungry that he got too upset with me. He wants forgiveness and says he'll be more open to new food next time. I'm kind of on the fence because last night was loving ridiculous. I don't know what to do.

Tl;dr: bought lots of Greek food for a party, bf was sulking the entire time and refusing to try the food. Blew up at the end of the night and told me I'm horrible and selfish for doing this. Apologized today but I'm still not sure what to do

quote:

He does have a very... "America in the summer" type of palate. Hot dogs, hamburgers, French fries, ect. He doesn't even like rice. He's gone to one other one with me and by luck it was Italian food. So he was happy to eat spaghetti and meatballs all night but he still wouldn't touch tiramisu.

I understand everyone has their own tastes but the cuteness of his picky taste has kinda worn off now lol

Pickiness isn't cute, it's embarrassing in social situations especially if you have any self awareness at all. And I say that as a picky eater who has been making a major effort to expand my palate. Also kebabs and baklava are loving delicious.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
If you don't like stuffed grape leaves you probably deserve to drown in a vat of pizza grease. :colbert:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Jesus what a loving loser.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

She should be thankful for friends who will mock her baby bf for throwing a mac n cheese tantrum.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
lol sounds like my ex autistic roommate who threw a tantrum when my parents took us out to a really nice restaurant because they didn't have buffalo wild wings, the only thing she would eat

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Chichevache posted:

If you don't like stuffed grape leaves you probably deserve to drown in a vat of pizza grease. :colbert:

Dolma is the fuckin best

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
People who are adamant about being picky eaters are also usually adamant about being insufferable in general.

I know someone who had a family history of diabetes and was told if he didn't cut it out with his '"America in the summer" type of palate', he was gonna end up diabetic as gently caress. Several excuses and complaints like 'vegetables aren't real food' later, he's now a proud owner of insulin syringes with his diet still intact.

Pizza lunch with picky eaters is also a chore because anything other than cheese or pepperoni is gonna turn into a short story about vegetable incompatibility.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Themata posted:

People who are adamant about being picky eaters are also usually adamant about being insufferable in general.

I know someone who had a family history of diabetes and was told if he didn't cut it out with his '"America in the summer" type of palate', he was gonna end up diabetic as gently caress. Several excuses and complaints like 'vegetables aren't real food' later, he's now a proud owner of insulin syringes with his diet still intact.

Pizza lunch with picky eaters is also a chore because anything other than cheese or pepperoni is gonna turn into a short story about vegetable incompatibility.

I only *like* pepperoni, sausage, and olive toppings but I'll eat anything but mushrooms on pizza and still enjoy it. Mushrooms are a total no-go.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
That was hard to read. I think the panic response to being outside his comfort zone is worse - sheltered and childish but willing to try things or at least not throw a tantrum would be more tolerable to me. This literally means that she can never go anywhere unknown to him, like a huge part of the human experience is closed off as long as they're together.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

I only *like* pepperoni, sausage, and olive toppings but I'll eat anything but mushrooms on pizza and still enjoy it. Mushrooms are a total no-go.

I'm okay with most things, but pineapple, yam and mayo are low on my list of toppings I like.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
lovely adult children remind me about this time me and a group of friends went out for apps and one girl offered up her place to hang out after. We got there and her shithead boyfriend gives us a very theatrical once over before saying "I didn't know we'd be having guests" before turning around and stalking off to their bedroom and slamming the door. It was so awkward the entire time and when we were driving home we saw him taking a brooding midnight walk, I think he slunk out when we were all trying to have fun. She tried to say he had a hard day at work and his buddies that were supposed to game with him ditched but in reality he's just a little piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

lovely adult children remind me about this time me and a group of friends went out for apps and one girl offered up her place to hang out after. We got there and her shithead boyfriend gives us a very theatrical once over before saying "I didn't know we'd be having guests" before turning around and stalking off to their bedroom and slamming the door. It was so awkward the entire time and when we were driving home we saw him taking a brooding midnight walk, I think he slunk out when we were all trying to have fun. She tried to say he had a hard day at work and his buddies that were supposed to game with him ditched but in reality he's just a little piece of poo poo.

for all we know he was faced with an apartment full of foam adventure types