Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

Yeah the Craiglist guy was kinda STDH. How about another picky manchild for a change?

I [20F] Had a get together. Bf [25M] Blew up at me because he didn't like the food.

I was 100% with her until she ripped on the guy for not trying the tiramisu. Tiramisu is awful - but I guess all that says about him is that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hmmm I dont know, it kinda sucks if your SO invites a group of strangers over without you being told/prepared. If you live with someone isnt it kinda expected to atleast give a heads up if you are bringing people over?
I wouldnt slam doors or act huffy, but I wouldnt be thrilled either. And probably a bit paranoid about not having had time to tidy up before people arrive.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

datajugend posted:

Hmmm I dont know, it kinda sucks if your SO invites a group of strangers over without you being told/prepared. If you live with someone isnt it kinda expected to atleast give a heads up if you are bringing people over?
I wouldnt slam doors or act huffy, but I wouldnt be thrilled either. And probably a bit paranoid about not having had time to tidy up before people arrive.

Yes, it is kind of rude, but you also don't make a scene in front of the guests.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

for all we know he was faced with an apartment full of foam adventure types

Just them living there but they both suck tbqh lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Naerasa posted:

I was 100% with her until she ripped on the guy for not trying the tiramisu. Tiramisu is awful - but I guess all that says about him is that even a broken clock is right twice a day.

uhhh no it's not.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

datajugend posted:

She thought he was going to be out with his gaming buddies. He's a theatre person so his actions are pretty par the course for him

E: also we certainly weren't strangers. Not best friends or anything but we all know him. But most of us don't hang out with her anymore and he's actually a small reason why

54 40 or fuck fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Dec 19, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The lesson is don't embarrass yourself and your SO at same time. You got beef you take it up with them when there isn't an audience and talk it out.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

quote:

I [14M] am dating the girl of my dreams [14F] but she dated my friend [14M] who is a dangerous gang member and he will attack me (if not kill me) if he finds out that were dating.

quote:

I'm afraid that if he finds out we have feelings for each other we will resort to violence since he does a lot of illegal shirt and is a high level gang member. I'm not afraid of getting beat up since I have experience with martial arts and would be able to defend myself but what I am afraid of is knives he has an enormous pocket knife that is nearly a folding combat knife and I'm certain if he finds (and it will happen) out he won't hesitate to attack me if he catches me alone. He is very dangerous and if we ended up with beef all of my friends would side with him or stay out of it and I don't blame them he is terrifying when angry. For example I was chilling with him and a couple other guys smoking pot when these three middle schoolers walked by and him being high threw a glass bottle at them breaking on one of their heads then he proceeded to beat the poo poo out of them for a joke. He thought it was hilarious. If it was any other girl I would just stop now and leave with any other girl but she is pretty, funny, kind, smart pretty much any good quality in a girl she has it.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Is fighting three sixth graders a gang initiation or something? I think I could pull that off.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

How does a picky eater throw a shitfit about a "make your own gyro" bar? Throw some meat in a flatbread, done. You don't even have to put tzatziki on it if that's somehow a threatening foreign flavor for you.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Antivehicular posted:

How does a picky eater throw a shitfit about a "make your own gyro" bar? Throw some meat in a flatbread, done. You don't even have to put tzatziki on it if that's somehow a threatening foreign flavor for you.

If you're so picky that you only eat chicken fingers and spaghetti & meatballs, you're not gonna be expanding your horizons into something as out there as lamb.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

or he could just not eat and then go to a drive-thru after everyone leaves

or order a pizza and shame-eat it in his car

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Naerasa posted:

If you're so picky that you only eat chicken fingers and spaghetti & meatballs, you're not gonna be expanding your horizons into something as out there as lamb.

I had a friend who will only eat steak, salted steak fries, plain Cadbury chocolate and plain pasta with butter.

He brings his own food to any gathering and knows he's a loving massive weirdo, and isn't a massive child about it.

I did minted slow cooked lamb shanks on mash once and he couldn't even get a single bite down, but was very polite about it.

Fake edit: He'll also eat plain salted potato chips.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Gluten Freeman posted:

literally romeo and juliet?
The ages are wrong but that's just Romeo and Juliet, right

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

I [20F] Had a get together. Bf [25M] Blew up at me because he didn't like the food.

What kind of crazy as heck serial killer doesn't like kabobs and baklava?!! It's delicious meat and grilled vegetables on a stick. Plus the most delicious honey, walnut, and pistachio pastries! She had gyros too! I guess I can understand being weirded by grape leaves, even if they are very tasty, but meat and delicious desserts? I don't get it!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

datajugend posted:

No? Friends just show up at your door.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

Exactly. Maybe it's not perfect, but if you're mortally freaked out by your SO bringing a few people over, then I have no clue how you function on a day-to-day basis. Then again, her example is some theater nerd, so that's the answer.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Troposphere posted:

lol sounds like my ex autistic roommate who threw a tantrum when my parents took us out to a really nice restaurant because they didn't have buffalo wild wings, the only thing she would eat

haha took me a sec, autistic ex roommate

i was like, oh did she stop watching rooster teeth?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

we had this argument already

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Antivehicular posted:

If you've ever had to deal with one of these types you would know that flatbread isn't bread. Only white processed Wonderbread-style loaves are bread, or maybe a hamburger bun.
Flatbread is weird and not bread. Pitas are not bread. Whole wheat anything is absolutely not bread.
And they're just gonna end up making frozen chicken fingers again anyways.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Scudworth posted:

If you've ever had to deal with one of these types you would know that flatbread isn't bread. Only white processed Wonderbread-style loaves are bread, or maybe a hamburger bun.
Flatbread is weird and not bread. Pitas are not bread. Whole wheat anything is absolutely not bread.
And they're just gonna end up making frozen chicken fingers again anyways.

White bread should be illegal

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Improbable Lobster posted:

White bread should be illegal

and thats why i voted for trump

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
When I was in Seattle once, a picky eater required our crew find somewhere that served plain white rice or a plain, creamy peanut butter sandwich.

arghhh!!!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bone app the teeth posted:

and thats why i voted for trump

Trump probably exclusively eats white bread sandwiches with the crust cut off

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Pick posted:

I misread it as him not knowing the group she brought over, as i said strangers. My baad. Friends is something else.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
More picky eater chat: I also had dinner once with a friend who sent her entire plate back because a tiny bit of coleslaw was touching a french fry, so she wanted a new plate sans coleslaw (this wasn't one of those 'no foods should ever touch' people). I assume they probably just dumped the coleslaw and returned a 'fresh new' plate but the incident still made me irrationally angry.

When I was in Korea I had a co-worker who whenever presented with any Korean dish during meals, would grimace and ask "what's that?" and stuck to eating hamburgers and shabu shabu for most of her time there while swooning about how cool Japan was and talking about anime.

My ex also ate a burrito once that turned out to have avocado in it and she nearly barfed from disgust before throwing it away.

Also when I was a teen, I remember eating this green soggy leafy thing every day as part of the meals my mother used to cook and liked it, and at some point, I expressed I did not like spinach, despite never having tried it, only to find out the green soggy leafy thing I was eating was spinach.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Pick posted:

When I was in Seattle once, a picky eater required our crew find somewhere that served plain white rice or a plain, creamy peanut butter sandwich.

arghhh!!!

It strikes me that either of those things is super easy for someone to just bring from home though

esp the PB sandwich, just stop at a supermarket and blow $5

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Being a picky eater is stupid but I can understand getting mad at some people who were making fun of you in your home. It's pretty rude.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Just want to say that all these humble brags about the mind expanding worldliness of gyros are pretty dumb.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
A guy doesn't like greek fast food, want an uncultured loser!

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
It's ok to not like gyros, man. Let the healing begin.

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

A Bakers Cousin posted:

A guy doesn't like greek fast food, want an uncultured loser!

u really feel the need to stand up for a guy who had a kraft mac n cheese tantrum?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

The problem is more the screaming fit and the rank sexism than his loving toddler diet anyway.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Naerasa posted:

I was 100% with her until she ripped on the guy for not trying the tiramisu. Tiramisu is awful

you're loving stupid as hell

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

haha took me a sec, autistic ex roommate

i was like, oh did she stop watching rooster teeth?

Ouch. Deep cut there, Pick. :(

It's weird to remember how maximum drama things were back in middle school. I wouldn't ever want to go back to Middle school or anything but it was a much simpler time.,

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Megabound posted:

I had a friend who will only eat steak, salted steak fries, plain Cadbury chocolate and plain pasta with butter.

He brings his own food to any gathering and knows he's a loving massive weirdo, and isn't a massive child about it.

I did minted slow cooked lamb shanks on mash once and he couldn't even get a single bite down, but was very polite about it.

Fake edit: He'll also eat plain salted potato chips.

Please don't doxx me.

Seriously though, I'm not this bad at all and will try basically anything but there's so many foods I literally can not keep down and I have no idea why and feel guilty every time I can't manage to enjoy something that looks and smells delicious. Something as simple as Coffee is on this list.

quote:

My [23F] son [4 months] has a Empoleon pokemon plush he sleeps with that my friend [22M] bought him. My brother [16M] almost threw it out because he hates pokemon
I'm staying with my mother after a nasty break up with my boyfriend. I have a good job so I don't really need a partner financially once I'm ready to go back to work. I'm staying here for another month and then I'm moving out in the new year.

My son Josh has this Pokemon toy my best friend bought him. It's name is Empoleon and it's his favorite toy by far. He cuddles with it before he goes to sleep and is the easiest way to get him to stop crying. My brother almost threw it out last night because he hates pokemon and won't have it in his house. We got into a big argument.

My question is do I rat him out to mom? I know no one likes running to mom everytime theres a problem, but I don't know how else to deal with him.

TL;DR: Brother almost threw my sons favourite toy out.
While the little brother sounds like an rear end in a top hat, "how do I rat him out to mom?" made me laugh. Just tell him to keep his stupid hands off stuff that isn't his.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Try not having a sense of smell. Everything tastes the same and its hard to not be picky when I'm getting food for just me. I just kinda put up with lovely (to me) food at this point.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
He is a high level gang member and he's gonna dispatch the following lieutenants after me:
- Klotsky - tough as hell jewish guy [12m] who fights with a bo staff.
- Chopper - Gear head and expert wrench thrower[13m]. Known to eat small pets.
-The Tangler - Don't be fooled by her innocent looks, this [15f] has slit more throats than I have quarters to buy lunch with.

Please reddit, help me assemble a ragtag group of heroes to fight this menace, and in the process, become lifelong friends, at least until we go to college.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Clark Nova posted:

The problem is more the screaming fit and the rank sexism than his loving toddler diet anyway.

It'd be one thing if he just didn't like the food available and cooked his admittedly childish dinner instead but it sounds like he was generally an rear end in a top hat about it. Granted I think at the point where you're letting your friends riff on your obviously upset SO even if they kind of deserve it the relationship is prolly over so she should really just call things for a multitude of reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

What I don't get about picky eaters is why they can't just suck it up and eat a bit. It's like having a friend who makes bad food but not bad enough that it's socially acceptable to dunk on them.