Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

thank you for making me glad that my husband and I are shut-ins who don't drink because lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Oddly enough, when I was in the Navy I had a similar situation occur. The young women that worked under me approached me at quarters on deployment and said "Petty Officer ***, Thisdude'slastname keeps pulling his dick out of his pants before quarters because he thinks it is funny! He just pulls it back in whenever the door opens and you never see it!" There was not a god drat thing I could do about it, even after he admitted it! It was incredibly frustrating. Everyone kept saying things so close to "Boys will be boys! We are on deployment, I am sure he is just steamed up and ready for his wife when we get back! They probably loved it!" This upset me, and to rectify it I arranged through dubious means for him to get in trouble via other methods. To this day I am embarrassed by it, but it was the only way I could shake this guy. He was a cancer. ( I stole his name-stamped underwear, took it up to officer country, defecated in it in large quantities, and slammed it against the captain's dayroom cabin)

I want to smack your old DIVO in the loving face. I can see a Chief allowing that poo poo for obvious reasons, but was your DIVO brand-loving-new or something?

If I was your DH and found out about that poo poo, their heads would be on the chopping block. (Then, I'd have to Mast you for pulling the poo poo you did.)

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Getting that dude discharged with the poop thing when they wouldnt fire him for sexual abuse is pretty genius actually, if disgusting

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

HardDiskD posted:

Me [25F] with my boyfriend [27M] 1,5 year, My boyfriend brought home female strangers for a "morning" party - Am I wrong to feel hurt and disrespected?

r/relationships 3.0: female strangers at poo poo o'clock

military cervix
Dec 24, 2006

Hey guys

Themata posted:

r/relationships 3.0: female strangers at poo poo o'clock

The lack of ever changing titles for this thread truly is what is keeping SA from being great again.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Much like deaths in the family like mentioned earlier, money also does weird loving things to people.

Yep, I'm sure plenty of people I know would flip poo poo over that lottery ticket. The best bit is the fact that she doesn't work.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with this, but there's a pretty bad shitstorm coming in my family. One of my aunts convinced my grandmother to move out to this very small town, so that she could be close to her and some other family who live out there and be taken care of her in her old age. Turns out, nobody actually felt like taking her out to do poo poo. Before she moved out there, my grandmother was very active at the YMCA and senior center. So, when it became apparent nobody in small town wanted to keep her active, she started splitting time between the small town and living with my uncle who lives in the same burb as her old Y. My uncle has his own mental health problems but he is a good dude at heart and does take her to her poo poo and keep her active.

Fast forward a few years, and my grandmother hardly ever spends time at the house in small town, so the decision is made to sell it. My dad handles all of that, because he has his poo poo together and was willing to do the work. Now the house is sold, and the money is in an account owned by my dad. Some of the money is being used to pay off the debt of the uncle she is living with, which I guess I'm on board with because he is doing a lot to take care of her and has been struggling.

Now comes the weird part. The aunt who convinced my grandmother to move out there and her husband have come up with a long list of expenses they feel they are owed. Some are perfectly reasonable, but some are, in my opinion, batshit crazy.

For example, they want $7 in gas for their lawn mower for every time they mowed her tiny lawn. They own several properties in small town, so they bought a riding lawnmower that they want partially paid for, as well as the maintenance on it, and also they got a weed eater they want paid for. There were a few more cringe inducing items, but honestly I didn't want to look at the list because I knew it would piss me off.

My other aunt is super pissed and basically doesn't want them to be paid anything, but my dad is going to try to find a happy place without paying them for ridiculous poo poo. The house sold right before Thanksgiving, and I'm kind of expecting a big blowout over it at Christmas (they love blowouts). I'm not too worried about their relationships being sullied, since the offending aunt has been horrible my whole life and I don't care anymore. (Ironically she is the most religious) It's bad because my dad is stressed enough being the rock of the family, and this is just more crazy bullshit.

TL;DR sold my grandma's house, suddenly my aunt wants money for every little thing she did for her own mother

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

ZombieJesus posted:

Ugh can we not get into the open relationship derail chat again? It's so tedious. We don't go off on tangents saying monogamy is broken every time we get a story here saying that a monogamous relationship has crashed and burned.

full disclosure: my partner and I have been in an open, poly relationship for four years, and we live together and have a great and healthy relationship.

Oh look. A poly person whose reaction to a discussion about what a trainwreck polyamoury is was announcing unasked the fact that they are poly, along with an implication that they are "one of the good ones".

Benito loving Mussolini couldn't compare to how regularly that train arrives on time.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

This gimmick is pretty okay

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

This is way wankier than zombie jesus dude

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

underage at the vape shop posted:

This is way wankier than zombie jesus dude

incorrect that's a powerful and good post

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:irony:

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Congratulations on noticing that people commonly refer to personal experience when rebutting stereotypes about their life choices, I guess.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

ZombieJesus posted:

Congratulations on noticing that people commonly refer to personal experience when rebutting stereotypes about their life choices, I guess.

Congratulations on missing the forest for the trees.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

Yep, I'm sure plenty of people I know would flip poo poo over that lottery ticket. The best bit is the fact that she doesn't work.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with this, but there's a pretty bad shitstorm coming in my family. One of my aunts convinced my grandmother to move out to this very small town, so that she could be close to her and some other family who live out there and be taken care of her in her old age. Turns out, nobody actually felt like taking her out to do poo poo. Before she moved out there, my grandmother was very active at the YMCA and senior center. So, when it became apparent nobody in small town wanted to keep her active, she started splitting time between the small town and living with my uncle who lives in the same burb as her old Y. My uncle has his own mental health problems but he is a good dude at heart and does take her to her poo poo and keep her active.

Fast forward a few years, and my grandmother hardly ever spends time at the house in small town, so the decision is made to sell it. My dad handles all of that, because he has his poo poo together and was willing to do the work. Now the house is sold, and the money is in an account owned by my dad. Some of the money is being used to pay off the debt of the uncle she is living with, which I guess I'm on board with because he is doing a lot to take care of her and has been struggling.

Now comes the weird part. The aunt who convinced my grandmother to move out there and her husband have come up with a long list of expenses they feel they are owed. Some are perfectly reasonable, but some are, in my opinion, batshit crazy.

For example, they want $7 in gas for their lawn mower for every time they mowed her tiny lawn. They own several properties in small town, so they bought a riding lawnmower that they want partially paid for, as well as the maintenance on it, and also they got a weed eater they want paid for. There were a few more cringe inducing items, but honestly I didn't want to look at the list because I knew it would piss me off.

My other aunt is super pissed and basically doesn't want them to be paid anything, but my dad is going to try to find a happy place without paying them for ridiculous poo poo. The house sold right before Thanksgiving, and I'm kind of expecting a big blowout over it at Christmas (they love blowouts). I'm not too worried about their relationships being sullied, since the offending aunt has been horrible my whole life and I don't care anymore. (Ironically she is the most religious) It's bad because my dad is stressed enough being the rock of the family, and this is just more crazy bullshit.

TL;DR sold my grandma's house, suddenly my aunt wants money for every little thing she did for her own mother

I also have a major shitstorm coming I think. My grandparents are pretty wealthy, big house in an expensive part of town so what I can see happening is when it comes time to sell it's going to be messy. I think I might be out of the will anyway for no reason. Long story short grandpa thinks my stepdad insulted him (he absolutely didn't) and so of course I'm kind of the outsider on that side of the family. I've been trying to just focus on not caring now so I'm less surprised later. Family and money man. Bad combo.

Adam Vegas
Apr 14, 2013

ZombieJesus posted:

Congratulations on revealing that you're in an open relationship in a thread that spends most of its time making fun of dumb poly weirdos, and then being surprised when you get made fun of.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Ehhh, I was expecting worse.

Edit: and I never said I was surprised

E2: and anyway, my original point was that this is a dumb and boring derail, so I'm just gonna go back to laughing at the redditards.

ZombieJesus fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Dec 19, 2016

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
this thread isnt about making fun of poly people, its for making fun of weirdos in weirdo relationships. weirdos being those who go find and quote a forum post from october 2015 to burn someone.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I think everyone missed the part where the translator was on year long assignment for work and wanted to go on another year long one.

Gumbel2Gumbel fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Dec 19, 2016

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

This thread is powerful and good when people are making jokes about other people + things and not as good when people are lining up to drop rhetorical elbow bombs on maladjusted redditors

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DOMDOM posted:

Gave a winning lottery ticket as a Christmas gift, my wife [39/F] is beyond upset.

:sever:

drat thats lovely. If its not agreed upon beforehand its up to the winner if they wanna share the prize imo.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Never buy lotto tickets as a gift. It's either a waste of money or you will resent them.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

datajugend posted:

drat thats lovely. If its not agreed upon beforehand its up to the winner if they wanna share the prize imo.

If you give something to someone as a gift, it's theirs now. How is this a hard concept to understand?

It'd be one thing if the giving couple was poor and really needed the money, but they're fine. $50k is a lot, but it's not set for life money or anything.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

bone app the teeth posted:

Never buy lotto tickets as a gift. It's either a waste of money or you will resent them.

my (immediate) family buys each other scratchoffs, but if any of them won and didn't do something with it that everyone could enjoy, I'd know they had been abducted and replaced with some kind of blueblood robot

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

my (immediate) family buys each other scratchoffs, but if any of them won and didn't do something with it that everyone could enjoy, I'd know they had been abducted and replaced with some kind of blueblood robot

maybe you have the super perfect family who never has money problems but people change when something like $50k appears to be "theirs."

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Lotto cousin even offered to split the money. Jesus, the ovaries on that guy's wife.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

bone app the teeth posted:

maybe you have the super perfect family who never has money problems but people change when something like $50k appears to be "theirs."

the person who was being a problem in that post (the wife) didn't have any money problems, though. she's just an rear end in a top hat.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
HO HO HO Here come some erly Christmas gifts because we all seem a little too preoccupied with chatting, myself included.

From legaladvice

quote:

My husband drained our accounts and wants to kick the kids and I out of the house in a week.
HI- they told me in r/relationships that this is illegal, and that you guys would have advice. We're in Ohio. I need a divorce lawyer. On Wednesday, I bought him a loving Christmas present. On Thursday, I found out he gave me a STI. On Friday, he admitted he's been cheating. Yesterday, he drained our accounts. He says I need to be out of the house by Christmas Eve.
We have four kids, 8, 6,5 and 2. I haven't worked since the oldest was born. Our relationship has been bad since before my youngest daughter was born- we hadn't meant to get pregnant. This week, I tested positive for an STI. I investigated, confronted him and he admitted it. We had a huge fight, he stormed out of the house. Yesterday, my credit card was declined at the grocery store, and I couldn't get cash. He has EMPTIED all of our accounts. I was in charge of the bills and finances; I know exactly how much was in our checking, savings and money market account. He's changed his password for his 401(k). He didn't respond to my frantic texts all day, but just sent me an email saying I had a week to get myself and "my kids" out of "his house", and I had better get a job or go "back to my parents" if I expect to feed them. We bought the house together, before the kids were born and I paid half of the down payment. I have no money or credit cards, so I can't even get a lawyer. I am sitting here staring at a Christmas tree, crying and wondering if I'll have to return my children's presents for food. I have no idea how this happened. I live two hours away from my family, so even if I got a job, I'd have to pay for day care. Should I sell my wedding and engagement rings? Do I make a resume and apply for a job in my old field (accounting) or just get a job at Starbucks or McDonald's? Can he do this?
tl;dr: I'm a SAHM and my husband has taken all of my money and is going to kick us out of the house. I am simply in shock.

quote:

I [14M] feel like crap. My [19M] brother called me from college telling me there was something trying to get into his apartment. He dropped his phone so I feared the worse and called the cops. All they found was drugs and now he's in trouble.
I feel like crap, I have not been able to sleep much. I keep tossing and turning in my bed all night. My mom keeps telling me it's OK but I dunno anymore.
Last week my brother called me at 3 in the morning. He sounded scared and he and his roommate kept telling me there's something outside on his car. He said it looked like a man but was bent over weird. Then he told me that the thing saw them and ran in the building. The entire time I was thinking yeah right, nice try. That's why I heard loud banging and my brother was screaming and everything. Next thing I know he cuts out and he won't answer.
So I'm half awake and I'm freaking out. I just decided to call the police and told them what I heard. They went to his place to see what was going on. They found a whole bunch of drugs in my brothers apartment. My brother and his roommate were arrested and they were just have a really bad trip on whatever they were taking.
I just feel awful because I feel I got him in trouble.
TL;DR: I feel like I got my brother in trouble with the police.

quote:

I [20M] found a secret from my mother's [46F] past and now I don't know if I have to and how to approach her about this?
I will try to keep this short and straight to the point because I don't want to write a big post and my English (my 2nd language) can only let me down if I start writing long and drawn out.
I am currently staying home for the holidays. I go to Uni but I finished my assignments early and now I have a week or two before the exams start. I have two younger siblings (a sister aged 15 and a little brother aged 10) and my parents are in, what I can only assume is a time out.
It all started with my mom confessing to my father about an emotional affair she had and she moved temporarily out of the house. I don't think they are going to get a divorce since my mother is trying her best not to lose her husband and family and they are going to therapy. I can say it's beneficial since they both told me that they believe they are making good progress
This has been ongoing for a few months now. My relationship with my mother has suffered a bit since the whole thing with my dad went down but overall, we have a good relationship and we are currently re-building it. We always had a loving relationship. She was good to me and my siblings growing up and I feel close to her, closer than I am with my father tbh. And this is why I am surprised to find out she kept a huge part of her past a secret. Or at least from me.
I am not going into details of how I find it, but I did find a small box that was in a very odd place a few days ago. I was cleaning up the house (I am staying with my father and my sister, while our younger brother is with mother) and I found it. I was curious as to what it was so I opened it and there were a few photos in it, a sort of an obituary and some baby's items fitting a girl, a doll and a bow that is tied to the hair of little girls, which I first assume belonged to my sister.
But the photos had me asking whole other questions. It was a photo of my mother from way back when she was my or around my age. In a wedding dress, marrying someone who definitely wasn't my dad. She also looked heavily pregnant during it. The next was my mom, perhaps years after the previous picture, holding and kissing a little girl (maybe 2 years old) and the last one was a family photo of my mom, the child from before and the guy from before who as I've said wasn't my dad.
Now comes the most heartbreaking part. The "obituary". (I use quotes because it's not exactly an obituary but sort of a piece of paper informing you how long since the passing of someone has gone by. I don't know the English term for such a thing but there is a different one in my native language than obituary). It said that 20 years has passed since the deaths of X (girl's name) and Y(man's name). It also listed the family they left behind and the word "widow" figured in there.
To this day I never knew that my mother was married prior to marrying my father, let alone having another kid. What I do know however that if what this finding suggests (my mother having another family before she got with my father), their deaths must have been really difficult for my mother. She never spoke of them to me and I doubt she said something to my siblings. My father maybe knows but I am not sure.
The thing is that I don't want to burden my mother with this finding. She has other issues on her mind now and I don't want to cause her more pain by bringing up her dead family. The problem is more that, and this is a thing that I absolutely hate about myself, I can't keep a secret to save my life. Yesterday I almost slipped in front of my gf and she has absolutely nothing to do with this. Same thing happened with my father today when we were having lunch. I can't keep this to me, I feel the need to talk to someone but I don't know how.
I also don't know if this is a conversation worth having with my mother. Obviously, this is in her past and she doesn't want to bring it up which is completely understandable given the fact that her previous husband and child died and it must have been a terrifying experience for my mother since she kept this a secret for so long.
Do you guys think that I should talk to her about this? Looking at the pictures and reading the obituary made me feel really sad about my mother. I felt bad about her and what she went through. I just want to tell her that I love her and she can talk to me about this. We are doing okay now, we spend time together, we are having it really good and I don't want to screw this up by letting her know that I know about her previous family. Do you suggest approaching her about this or to continue to pretend that I don't know ?
tl;dr I found out that my mother has been married and had a child before she met my father. She kept some photos and a few toys inside a shoebox, hidden in our house. I found also an obituary stating that the child and her husband died 20 something years ago and now that I know, I fear I will let it slip since I have troubles keeping secrets and I don't know if I should approach my mother about this.

Here's another form legaladvice that is actually quite nice :kimchi:

quote:

[TX] I am the non-custodial parent of a 3yo whose mom just went to prison and is now living in a drug den. [UPDATE 2]
If you're reading this I think there is a fair chance you are privy to the prior installments, but here they are just in case. We came here four days ago looking for some advice and what we actually got was an outpouring of support, encouragement and wisdom that has been just overwhelming. One thing led to another and you people basically threw us an impromptu international baby shower. You made a grown rear end man cry numerous times (and my wife, who isn't a graceful crier at all), and the UPS guy isn't happy with you lot, either! Over the next few days we suddenly and miraculously had everything we needed to welcome this awesome little guy into our lives and our home. All we needed now was the human! So...
We negotiated with the involves parties to get him for the Holidays. Plot twist: we don't plan on giving him back.
We hired an attorney who is pretty fired up about the whole situation and motivated to win. I want to make something crystal freaking clear here: if it weren't for your generosity with the essentials, we wouldn't have been able to hire an attorney and would he flying solo on this case. You are saints.
Custody petition is being filed now, and the mother will be process served in prison in the next week or so. The hearings should move pretty quickly (fingers crossed!).
We brought him home today! CPS acted as a proxy and doesn't want information or addresses exchanged between us and the family who were temporarily charged with caring for him and the exchange was pretty diplomatic and smooth.
For now he is under the impression that he's on vacation with us and we are sticking with first names only. On your advice we don't want to force a narrative and want this transition to play out on his terms and his time, not ours.
We are all snuggled up on the couch watching some god awful dinosaur cartoon on Netflix and having snacks! He is already having so much fun on his 'vacation'. He's such a cool little dude.
I think that's about it for now, it's been a very long and amazing day. I imagine that this update will stay locked for comments, but I didn't wanna leave you guys hangin'! Sorry for the poor formatting and sloppy wording. I'm exhausted.
Reddit, you helped change a life this week and you know who you are. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

WampaLord posted:

If you give something to someone as a gift, it's theirs now. How is this a hard concept to understand?

Im not sure if you are talking to me or the wife but I understand the concept of gifts. After the wifes behavior I would refuse to take any money and just tell him to buy me a beer or two to celebrate after he proposes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

datajugend posted:

Im not sure if you are talking to me or the wife but I understand the concept of gifts. After the wifes behavior I would refuse to take any money and just tell him to buy me a beer or two to celebrate after he proposes.

My bad, I misread your post. I thought you said the winner was obligated to share his winnings.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Charles Get-Out posted:

"Open relationships" as a concept is pretty much the dumbest thing to enter the relationship zeitgeist recently imo. Like just call it sleeping around like people have been for decades, don't wrap it it formality and funny terms and trendy social expectations.

You don't understand. They've evolved past the archaic social construct of jealousy. One step loser to shedding their corporeal form entirely and becoming beings of pure energy.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I would have kicked the purchaser 5k or maybe gotten them a sweet vacation, but not split, and with bitchwife and her reaction I'd say duck you you aren't getting poo poo.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

The wife's reaction is upsetting but it's not that surprising, people like money.
You'd hope the guy would take them out for a nice meal or something at least.

Dunning Krugerrand
Dec 23, 2015

purestrain pyrite

My [31F] fiance [34M] has been accused of some pretty awful things, and I don't know who to believe

quote:

(locations/names changed so no one finds me. Sorry if this is long and jumbled, I'm stressed and exhausted)

My fiance, Pat (not his real name), and I have been together for four years, engaged for about six months. We've had a great relationship and I really feel like I've found "the one." Things haven't been easy, but they've been really, really good.

For background, we live in Baltimore, and he moved here from NYC the year we met. He drank a LOT when we met and in the first year of our relationship, I gave him an ultimatum about getting help for alcoholism. After one false start, he's been really successful and hasn't drank since, and goes to regular meetings.

So, this year we're doing the holidays separately. Both of us have a sick parent, and we decided to each spend all our time with our families. This isn't unusual, because his work schedule is really flexible and mine isn't, my family is local and his is in NYC, and we see each others' families a lot during the year. His mom is sicker than my dad, as she cancer, so he's been home since Thanksgiving. We've been Skyping regularly and texting every day and I miss him but things are good.

On Monday of last week, I got a notification that I had a Facebook message request from a woman I didn't recognize in Brooklyn named Jill (no mutual friends). Jill confirmed I was dating Pat, and told me she was an old friend of Pat's, and that she had seen Pat out at a bar, holding a beer, and came home and immediately looked him up. She told me that in 2010 (2 years before we met), Pat sexually assaulted their mutual friend Christina. She said Christina was willing to talk to me, and gave me her contact information.

I didn't know what to think. This really, really didn't fit with the man I know and love, and I'd never heard him mention any of these people before. And I certainly don't think he's been drinking and hiding it from me. At first I was angry, but then decided to hear her out just so I could clear things up. Christina and I had one mutual friend, a former bandmate of Pat's named Billy who I met once or twice a few years ago. She and I ended up messaging for hours, and she told me that in 2010, she crashed at Pat's house on the couch after a show, and woke up to him assaulting her. She said that she told people at the time, but a lot of people didn't believe her because Pat was everyone's fun, goofy, lush friend. She didn't report it because she had been drinking and was afraid no one would believe her, but if what happened was what she said happened, it's undeniably assault. She was passed out/asleep and woke up to him assaulting her, and he didn't stop when she protested. She said for the next few months afterward he would show up at her work and send her threatening messages until she finally said she wouldn't go to the police.

All of this was so shocking to me, and again, just doesn't gel with the person I know, love, live with. He's never crossed any boundaries with me. At the same time, I didn't really know him when he was drinking heavily, and some of the details of the story rang true as things he says/does.

I told her I needed time to process this, and I wasn't sure what to believe. Christina told me to talk to Billy (our mutual friend) about it, because she said Billy knows everything and more, stuff she didn't feel comfortable telling me. The only thing she asked is for a head's up if I was going to mention this to Pat, because she heard Pat was in town and she was scared of him. Scared of my fiance. A man I've seen hold our cats like a baby and who hates horror movies.

After a couple of days of freaking out about this and not knowing who to talk to, I decide to message Billy. He told me that he and Pat are no longer friends because he believes Christina, and that he is only Facebook friends with Pat to keep tabs on him. He also hit me with another shock: Christina isn't the only woman who has accused him of assault. Apparently during the early 00s while he was in a band that toured (with Billy), two women they stayed with (one in Ohio and one in Georgia) accused Pat of rape or sexual assault. Ohio girl (who had not been drinking) says that she woke up to Pat raping her. Georgia girl said that Pat assaulted her while falling asleep. Ohio girl went to the police and filed a report, but was basically told there was nothing they could do because he lived out of state and was already gone. Both times in these stories, Pat was drunk.

Billy said that at the time, he and Pat's other bandmates rallied around Pat and assumed the girls just regretted having sex with him. Pat's a fun, attractive guy but he wasn't looking to date anyone. However, Billy said that by the time things happened with Christina, he started to get suspicious that all these women who didn't know each other and didn't know about the other accusations had really similar stories. Billy also said that some other people in their scene tried to get Pat to participate in an accountability process, which involved admitting what he did, quitting drinking, going to counseling, etc. He said that Pat admitted it and quit drinking for about a month, but then started drinking again and saying that he was coerced into signing paperwork so they didn't ruin his reputation. Then he moved to Baltimore and cut off almost all of his old friends and no one heard from him again.

I asked Billy why he didn't tell me any of this, since we've met and been FB friends for a few years, and Billy showed me a screenshot of a FB conversation between him and Pat. The conversation seems damning but is just vague enough that I can't be sure.

Billy: I see that you're dating someone and I want to know if you told her about everything that went down with (their band name) and with (the name of their friend who tried to get him involved in being accountable) Pat: Yea I told her. It's cool

So Billy said he thought I knew and had just chosen my side. Billy said that he has Ohio girl's permission to give out her contact information, but that Georgia girl got pretty badly bullied on a messageboard 12 years ago over this and now wants nothing to do with Pat/his friends/talking to anyone else. I haven't contacted Ohio girl yet, and I don't know if I will.

I honestly am not sure what to think. I know that people don't really lie about this kind of thing, but even if they do lie sometimes, people who COMMIT sexual assault lie 100% of the time. I am a counselor who works with male youth and I even counsel them about rape and sexual assault, and I have helped them through this situation a million times, including having mixed feelings (when their abuser is someone who helps them or their mom, or is a friend, etc), not being able to reconcile what happened with the person they know, etc. I do this every day. But somehow now that it's my own life, I'm not sure what to do.

Pat and I have been talking 'like normal.' He has picked up on some distance, but I explained it away with being worried about my dad/being busy with the holidays. I'm not sure what to say to him or what to do. If he denies it, do I believe him? If he did do this, do I have an obligation to get him help? My gut feeling is that if a friend was in this situation, I'd tell them to end it, but I can't make myself go with my gut. Also I feel almost just as betrayed that someone saw him drinking alcohol, and that's absurd. There isn't a legal issue here because none of the women are interested in pursuing charges now (and Ohio girl was urged to drop it because it was a 'he said/she said' and he lived out of state).

TL;DR: While my fiance is away for the holidays, some people from his past told me that he has a history of sexual assault. I don't know who/what to believe.

:catstare:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think it is clear with the lottery ticket that it belongs to the person they gave it to. It was awfully nice of him to offer to share, but the moment that the wife got greedy about it, gently caress her, gently caress them. It actually reminds me of the beginning of sense and sensibility, where the wife is just a huge bitch about everything

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
And as for guy who showed up from Mississippi,... the age difference told 85% of the story right there :shepface:

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Pick posted:

I think it is clear with the lottery ticket that it belongs to the person they gave it to. It was awfully nice of him to offer to share, but the moment that the wife got greedy about it, gently caress her, gently caress them. It actually reminds me of the beginning of sense and sensibility, where the wife is just a huge bitch about everything

It reminded me about It Could Happen To You, where the wife makes a huge fuss about a shared lottery ticket.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

Pick posted:

And as for guy who showed up from Mississippi,... the age difference told 85% of the story right there :shepface:

Plus virgin in his thirties, met online, she's happy to have an exclusive relationship but reluctant to meet up... These two are not fully functional adults

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The guy who received the lottery ticket should give the purchaser something nice out of the winnings

but they're his winnings, that's what a "gift" means, and I hope that poster can manage to apologize to him enough that they get anything at all and force his wife to smile through it

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Dunning Krugerrand posted:

My [31F] fiance [34M] has been accused of some pretty awful things, and I don't know who to believe

:catstare:

Obviously these people that were in no way involved with her life until now are just jealous of OP's happiness and trying to ruin her relationship out of spite.

I can only hope Reddit is encouraging her to talk to one of her counselor colleagues. Dealing with this poo poo from a personal angle is hard, and she needs the advice and reassurance of someone she knows and trusts to tell her what she already knows, :sever:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Pick posted:

I hope the woman in that story has the sense to block him on everything and :sever: forever because holy poo poo no get away and never look back dude is halfway to a serial rapist :gonk:

The fact that she made a post on reddit about it and was questioning whether to end their "exclusive relationship" shows she isn't quite right either, sadly...

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Dec 19, 2016