Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

That really looks 100% like they just licensed discord and tossed their name on it.

I don't think that is CIG's way. I assume they stole everything and licensed nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Actually, it's jabber, which is open source.

e: Also shits itself if you make a room of >500 people, lol

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

peter gabriel posted:

I know, I am making it so he can play GTA online much much better and then I can mercilessly tea bag him until he rage quits / gives up on life. It's the gift of giving

The true spirit of Christmas. :3:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

If you read what people are typing it's wall to wall moaning :v:

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sickening posted:

I don't think that is CIG's way. I assume they stole everything and licensed nothing.

Does Discord do a licensing thing?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Do we start a countdown to the point where Chris starts demanding changes to Spectrum in ways that won't work and break it horribly, doing to discord what he did to Cryengine?

I assume that will happen when he demands that it integrate into the game

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Truga posted:

Yeah it's not been under $30k since like 2013 at least? It's definitely slowing down.

It was lower than 30k in 2015 and I think earlier this year as well. Also, (following up on other points along these lines) there are clear 24-hour cycles that are probably related to the geographical distribution of the backer population.

I am currently offering no evidence for any of these assertions, but might do so later.

EDIT: quote from July 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

$17339.16 is the lowest total since November 12, 2015.

boviscopophobic fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 19, 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheLastRoboKy posted:

Do we start a countdown to the point where Chris starts demanding changes to Spectrum in ways that won't work and break it horribly, doing to discord what he did to Cryengine?

Starcord

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Wow. That's just discord. Who do they think they are fooling? Even the backers were like wtf.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Ramadu posted:

Wow. That's just discord. Who do they think they are fooling? Even the backers were like wtf.

It's not discord, there's a search feature which discord can't do. It's likely rocket chat which is a free open source discord/slack clone.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Beet Wagon posted:

Isn't that like... your whole job?

If I was working for CIG, maybe? Well not even then because if I was who you claimed, I wouldn't have anything to do with that level of PR.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

ManofManyAliases posted:

If I was working for CIG, maybe? Well not even then because if I was who you claimed, I wouldn't have anything to do with that level of PR.

r u toast?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

You playing Star Marine yet? Is it everything you dreamed of and more?

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

pls no doxxing :ohdear:

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

flyboi posted:

It's not discord, there's a search feature which discord can't do. It's likely rocket chat which is a free open source discord/slack clone.

Yeah, there's so many of these type of platforms out there it could be any one of them, or it could be a clone that Turbulent have put together they do seem like the most capable of RSI's branches. Either way it's yet more of their 'take care of the easy bit with none of the progressive stuff' mode of operation.

[Backers] Wow, you've built a chat platform the same as dozens of other chat platforms out there! Are you gonna integrate it with the PU now?

[CIG] Err, yeah. That'll be coming in patch 3.0... or maybe 3.3 or maybe after we go live for a full release... b..but sometime! ~~DREAMS~~

Wrecked Angle fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 19, 2016

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Great, they made a forum plus chat. Such amazing progress on the space ship game.

Pgabz is right. If you read the chat, it's all people complaining about poo poo being broken.

This is a project creating something so extraordinary that nothing like it has ever been seen before.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
Spectrum looks like reskinned Slack to me, right down to the emojis and do not disturb stuff.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

do not disturb stuff.

Finally, a feature that won't cause B'Tak grief.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

No.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

You have to tell us if you're asked you know it's cop law

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Sounds like something Toast would say. Probably in response to the question "Is there any legal way we can stop people getting refunds?"

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

MoMA, I have read on here numerous times that you are not Toast.

Fine, but are there any other lightly grilled bread offences you'd like us to take into consideration?

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

tooterfish posted:

This is the Star Citizen thread so... yes, of course it will. /waves hands.

Don't forget space pets and location-based damage for them.

With those, you just know CIG is more than happy to take your real money so a fake space veterinarian can heal your injured pet. Or let it suffer and die if you don't want to open your wallet. Your call!

ripptide posted:

Also planetary landings, ability to add a rover module to your ship so you can drive/explore on planets, alien/unknown wreckage and "ruins" on planets

Heh, copying Star Citizen I see :smuggo:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

So they have a chat app , this will help speed up making a space game I'm sure

And isn't it Web based on right now ? And not even tied into their 'game'?

I feel the spirit of angry cat flowing through me

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

You've seen the belt. What do you think of the "coincidence" that he wears the same specialty kickstarter belt you talked at length to us about in the thread?

The chances of Toast separately backing the kickstarter and wearing it are very remote as it wasn't overly popular.

TheLightPurges fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Dec 19, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I remain unconvinced, I will ask you again, are you toast?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Its important for immersion that I can blow my rival's dog legs off one by one. And as for the inevitable consequences of Piracy.........

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015
So I hear that the holiday stream was truly epic. So is SQ42 out yet?

Also, how much reddit rage will I get thrown my way for this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/5j5zsx/derek_smart_on_twitterthose_of_you_emailing_and/dbdltcs/

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

cool new Polack jokes posted:

I backed Star Citizen to be a pirate. Specifically, I'll be looking for the sheep haulers.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

TheLightPurges posted:

Its important for immersion that I can blow my rival's dog legs off one by one. And as for the inevitable consequences of Piracy.........

Are the inevitable consequences of Piracy dogs with peg legs?

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Its a reference to a RSI post about how they needed to add rape to the game, the "inevitable consequence of piracy"

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Geocities Homepage King posted:

There was just a pet in the Grim Hex bar looking for the man that shot his paw. The AI is amazing in Star Citizen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

HycoCam posted:

There was just a pet in the Grim Hex bar looking for the man that shot his paw. The AI is amazing in Star Citizen.

Hopefully we will be able to replace missing pet limbs and overclock them.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

So they have a chat app , this will help speed up making a space game I'm sure

And isn't it Web based on right now ? And not even tied into their 'game'?

I feel the spirit of angry cat flowing through me

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

biglads posted:

MoMA, I have read on here numerous times that you are not Toast.

Fine, but are there any other lightly grilled bread offences you'd like us to take into consideration?

Rye. It's delicious when you use Rye to soak up a perfectly fried egg over-easy.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

peter gabriel posted:

I remain unconvinced, I will ask you again, are you toast?

For all legal intents and purposes, no.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

loving lol at that last sentence
Maybe it'd be jaw-dropping if I hadn't been doing orbital maneuvers in Kerbal Space Program for the last five years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Chalks posted:

I refuse to play anything that's not a fully immersive VR experience but I don't own a VR headset so I just shout at people on the internet all day.

Edit:
Gotta get that holiday sale Ya'll