Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Can't wait for Nando/McLaren WDC and WCC 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Can't wait for Nando/McLaren WDC and WCC 2017

I hope Alonso wins the title, extends his contract another year, but then Vandoorne sucks and they have to replace him with McLaren's next young talent. Nando/Lando 2018.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wicka posted:

I hope Alonso wins the title, extends his contract another year, but then Vandoorne sucks and they have to replace him with McLaren's next young talent. Nando/Lando 2018.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Bottas could be interesting at Mercedes, I guess. The Williams was garbage this year and it's about the perfect guy for Lewis to not be threatened by and therefore blow off as much testing/simulator time as possible. Who knows, maybe Bottas could surprise him and Lewis would absolutely melt down. We all can dream.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

In more Lewis Fraud news, he's not from Stevenage, he's actually from Tewin which is a very posh village in between Welwyn and Stevenage. There are precisely zero mean streets in Tewin, there is a nice viaduct though.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

But are there couches?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

1500quidporsche posted:

But are there couches?

Probably a Chaise Longue

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

dreesemonkey posted:

Bottas could be interesting at Mercedes, I guess. The Williams was garbage this year and it's about the perfect guy for Lewis to not be threatened by and therefore blow off as much testing/simulator time as possible. Who knows, maybe Bottas could surprise him and Lewis would absolutely melt down. We all can dream.

Bottas is the polar opposite of interesting.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I want to be optimistic but the man couldn't get past loving Massa when a race win was on the cards.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

biglads posted:

In more Lewis Fraud news, he's not from Stevenage, he's actually from Tewin which is a very posh village in between Welwyn and Stevenage. There are precisely zero mean streets in Tewin, there is a nice viaduct though.

lol https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/jul/09/motorsports.sport4

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I wonder if there's anywhere in the world Lewis could live without Brits complaining about it.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

get the gently caress out

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

wuffles posted:

get the gently caress out

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gently caress it, why not?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wicka posted:

I wonder if there's anywhere in the world Lewis could live without Brits complaining about it.

Cheshire. It's where we keep all our sporty people. Oxfordshire is also an acceptable option for those who want to keep a flat in London.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Cheshire. It's where we keep all our sporty people. Oxfordshire is also an acceptable option for those who want to keep a flat in London.

If you made Lewis live in Cheshire he'd start calling himself The Cheshire Cat. Do you really want that?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

julian assflange posted:

gently caress it, why not?

I guess we are going full retard then.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GramCracker posted:

I guess we are going full retard then.

Yes. Full speed ahead.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

wicka posted:

If you made Lewis live in Cheshire he'd start calling himself The Cheshire Cat. Do you really want that?

Yup. You see, Cheshire is a place of pure distilled nouveau riche obnoxiousness and we accept that. I'm also fairly confident that at least 27 footballers will try and do him for plagiarism if he tries it.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Dude looks old. This has been a rough year for LewHam.

It would be pretty awesome if bland old Bottas could come in and Rosberg himself a WDC just based on consistency and lack of melting down. It's probably not a completely unreasonable scenario either, especially if Ferrari/Red Bull/McLaren can really push the Mercs and put more pressure on.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

Yup. You see, Cheshire is a place of pure distilled nouveau riche obnoxiousness and we accept that. I'm also fairly confident that at least 27 footballers will try and do him for plagiarism if he tries it.

Which he'd love because he'd get to be the victim. Honestly, have you ever even heard of Lewis Hamilton before?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

CratSock posted:

It would be pretty awesome if bland old Bottas could come in and Rosberg himself a WDC just based on consistency and lack of melting down. It's probably not a completely unreasonable scenario either, especially if Ferrari/Red Bull/McLaren can really push the Mercs and put more pressure on.

The consensus seems to be that he's might be capable of that, but not on year one. Dude has to find his sea legs first.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Hamwalleton.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

The consensus seems to be that he's might be capable of that, but not on year one. Dude has to find his sea legs first.

I'll be cautiously optimistic given that the cars are in effect going to be completely new in terms of grip and downforce that it's almost a blank slate. Bottas had the mercedes PU in the williams so the power delivery/characteristics should be similar as well.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
That's going to be Lewis's thousand yard stare as he watches Alonso soundly defeat him for the WDC in the Year of Our Lord™ 2017.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Abner Assington posted:

That's going to be Lewis's thousand yard stare as he watches Alonso soundly defeat him for the WDC in the Year of Our Lord™ 2017.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

wicka posted:

Which he'd love because he'd get to be the victim. Honestly, have you ever even heard of Lewis Hamilton before?
Not sure but his name sounds a lot like an F1 driver whose initials are P. S. and whose name I was probated for posting before

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Not sure but his name sounds a lot like an F1 driver whose initials are P. S. and whose name I was probated for posting before

Are you talking about Poois Shamilton? Because it really looks like Poois Shamilton to me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Listen guys, you can post all the insane racist rambling thesis about online games you want here but please don't make rivals dot com puns.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Abner Assington posted:

That's going to be Lewis's thousand yard stare as he watches Alonso soundly defeat him for the WDC in the Year of Our Lordâ„¢ 2017.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Did Fernando take over for Nico ? Did McLaren decide not to suck again?

more likely Lewis and Roscoe will pick up right where they left off last year. :britain: #blessed :dogge:

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Lewis is going to lose this year when the death of Roscoe derails his championship.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Keyser S0ze posted:

more likely Lewis and Roscoe will pick up right where they left off last year. :britain: #blessed :dogge:

He shaved those lush locks of hair off, Nando obviously means business next year

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Hola tengo cáncer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Keyser S0ze posted:

... why did he cut his hair?

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY :qq:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

If only somebody had purchased an avatar preserving the memory of that hair inmemorium and people didn't ruin that by replacing it with a picture of a dried out fetus on steroids.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Weight savings

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Without that beautiful mane I'm not sure he's the most beautiful F1 driver and so might not get the MWDC next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Remember when Alonso signed with McLaren in 2007 and Ron made him cut his hair? Remember how good that car was?

• Locked thread