Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kzersatz
Oct 13, 2012

How's it the kiss of death, if I have no lips?
College Slice

Krakkles posted:

Important question: which Disney songs?

The circle of life while helecoptor dicking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Krakkles posted:

Important question: which Disney songs?

IIIIIIVE GOT NO PANTS TO HOLD ME DOWN

TO MAKE ME LAUGH

TO MAKE ME FROWN

IVE GOT NO PANTS TO HOLD ME DOWN

IVE GOT NO PANTS ON MEEEEEE

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
TO DEFEAT
THE HUNS

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

LET'S GET DOWN TO BUSINESS
TO DEFEAT
THE HUNS

I immediately thought of that one too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What im saying here is I just ripped a fart that sounded like strangling a goose with my bare hands and that I will die alone surrounded by cats

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

14 BAR RIFF posted:

What im saying here is I just ripped a fart that sounded like strangling a goose with my bare hands and that I will die alone surrounded by cats

You will know you found the one when she rips an even nastier one right back at you.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

14 BAR RIFF posted:

WHY'D THEY SEND ME DAUGHTERS
WHEN I ASKED
FOR SONS?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

rndmnmbr posted:

You will know you found the one when she rips an even nastier one right back at you.

I tried that once because she challenged me to a fart off and I swear to god this is true we never had sex again

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I tried that once because she challenged me to a fart off and I swear to god this is true we never had sex again

My ex used to dutch-oven me. Also once called me into the bathroom to ask me something only to show me a giant turd.

I never entertained any notions of women being the fairer sex but goddamn was that relationship a reality check.

She's doing a lot better these days. :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

was this also the chick who sensed your rear end-rip from across a crowded mosh pit

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Raluek posted:

was this also the chick who sensed your rear end-rip from across a crowded mosh pit

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

It was a Powerman 5000 show and yes

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Then she was obviously not the right one and you should have severed on the spot.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

What I'm saying is that you should only wed the one who can beat the unbeatable by defeating you in single combat.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

It should be like the end of Red Sonja where Bridgette Nielson and Arnold Schwarzenegger kiss, except instead of crossed swords it's a continent-spanning olfactory holocaust.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna marry a VAG product lol

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Brave men should die, fertile women should miscarry, children should weep tears of blood, and nations should ban pickled eggs forevermore as unspeakable weapons of mass destruction when you find her.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Not going to lie i could go for a pickled egg right now.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I'm gonna marry a VAG product lol

new 14" general thread title found

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I taught my daughters, who are three and six, to shout "NO PANTS NO MASTERS" while they streak across the house and laugh at farts. I don't think my wife'll ever forgive me.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Yay! Merry birthday, 14". That necklace, the peppers are polymer clay colored with real cayenne/chile powder.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Oh hell yeah

I've had that Matchbox truck since I was a wee girl back in the 70's. (Trucks were the best for racing on Hot Wheels tracks because of the weight. All the boys would laugh at me as they pulled out their '79 Firebirds, but me and my dump truck always had the last laugh.) I'm about to be evicted soon as I'm unemployed and owe a fuckton of rent, and I wanted it to be in good hands. Put it in the wartruck as a totem.

I make fruit butters that I sell on SA-Mart, and someone from this thread (I'll keep it anonymous unless they say otherwise) ordered some. I suggested "hey, if you wanna kick in for shipping, I'll send 14 some stuff", and they made a generous donation that covered shipping and then some. I grow my own ghost, habanero, and other peppers, and had some stuff canned from the summer harvest. Figured 14 would need a little more spice to keep him warm. (Have you tried what I call The Sexy Girl Noodles yet? God, I love those. Tried to find you the hottest ramen my Little Korea has to offer)

if I could only put this on kickstarter

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Oh god its me, I'm the guy just toodling through town 15 under the limit with cars behind me

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress loving SPLIT loving RIMS SO loving MOTHERFUCK HARD

Left Ventricle
Feb 24, 2006

Right aorta

14 BAR RIFF posted:

gently caress loving SPLIT loving RIMS SO loving MOTHERFUCK HARD

Is, like, having someone else handle this not an option? I mean, you've already refried your beans in the attempt. I don't think anyone here would consider you any less manly for taking everything to a shop. Unless you've already asked around and been told to pound sand?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Finding a shop that will take on split rims is one thing, but one willing to deal with solid ring split rims is extremely rare. Most people who saw these on a regular basis are retired and likely in the ground by now, frankly. And in my 7 years in the business I met 2 people with the balls to try, hell it was only in the last year or so I got the confidence to gently caress with solid rings, and I got to the point of not only confidence in, but enjoyment of split rims 4 years prior to that point.

I mean it doesn't hurt to ask around and there's no fuckin shame in paying for changeovers in this case but that'd be quite lucky and he's gotta be prepared to see this phase through because it might be his only choice.

I'd see about maybe bringing a case of beer to a (truck/farm) tire shop and borrowing some proper tooling though, that will improve this experience massively.
Wish I was there, I'm kind of a lovely teacher over the internet :smith:

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 20, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Particularly borrowing one of those tire cage things. Jesus.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Bitch I got this

Every last step was bought with blood, sweat, and tears. It is finally Stalingrad.

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

Stay safe, split rim 14"

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

One down, Five to go.

You got dis.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Do you have a locking air chuck, and like 100' of hose?

Cause I think you're gonna need more than 14" of hose.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

nm posted:

Particularly borrowing one of those tire cage things. Jesus.

No joke here. Use a cage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQbKCd3ezrA

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Remember. clean clean clean clean clean. Rust is the enemy here.

Also with radials and beads that close together the tubes and flaps will fight you a bit. air (not too much, enough that it holds its shape) in the tubes will help but the stem is going to want to rip the flap out when you're laying the tire down on the wheel. Stem will also want to squish between the bead and rim, make sure it's fully in the slot when you lay the tire down (alternately if the stem slot geometry allows it you can point the stems down, it will make this easier but you'll have to get under the truck to check pressures). Then lift and push forward on the stem side of the tire and let gravity push the opposite side of the tire down, the wheel will want to rip your flap out during this phase, you'll have to constantly push it back into the tire with an open hand. DO NOT PUSH THE TIRE DOWN HERE or the flap will gently caress off immediately.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
stay safe crazy frozen field insane-o ghost. id rather buy you a beer than pour one out/pour one on your limp comatose form or something :smith:

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

from the related videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62Z8Ev9OXA

light truck tires ain't nothin to gently caress with

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

buttcrackmenace posted:

from the related videos - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62Z8Ev9OXA

light truck tires ain't nothin to gently caress with

First three tires all land relatively close to one another. Truck tire flies on by with both middle-fingers out.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

First three tires all land relatively close to one another. Truck tire flies on by with both middle-fingers out.

I laughed pretty hard when the big one just obliterated the launch ramp and still set second bestdistance

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I laughed pretty hard when the big one just obliterated the launch ramp and still set second bestdistance

If it had gotten the full upward elevation from an intact ramp it likely would have outdistanced the dump truck tire.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress all things about every split forever and for all time.

Got the first rim bottom inside the tire with flap correct and tube properly aligned.

Tommy any tricks to reinstalling the solid ring at this point?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Ring still has cleaning left to do but gently caress me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Just think how much easier all the others are going to be now!

• Locked thread