Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I would say that amount is not a big deal if everything else is in order. Assuming it wasn't like a 64 ounce american size Cherry Cola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
When I get home after a hard day's work beer never crosses my mind as all I really want is another coffee.

Going to the gym enables the addiction.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I wouldn't mind switching to weed but my job pulled a random drug testing a couple of times a while back over some drama. It was the only time they've ever done it and haven't since but I'm still not willing to risk it.

e: although they didn't even fire the people who failed for weed. Just made them take the weekend off and pass another one a month later.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

Is it okay to do squats if your groin really hurts. Like my groin muscles in both my legs and my lower abs are really hurting and have been for a while.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Weed is good but you gotta either have hella good willpower or just not keep any junk food around sometimes.

I just think I lost an opportunity to hook up tonight thanks to not drinking though, gently caress. Although thats probably because I am a dumb, slow gently caress sometimes also.

Its nice to have that vice that just lets you relax and forget everything, trying to do without any of it for a while though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FreddyJackieTurner posted:

Is it okay to do squats if your groin really hurts. Like my groin muscles in both my legs and my lower abs are really hurting and have been for a while.

8 weeks no lifting

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

E_P posted:

Imagine if someone said the same thing about Cherry Colas or Milkshakes that you are saying about beers. Then inform me how you would respond to them.

Imagine if it made any sense to compare a desert to alcohol.

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Idk. To me both are unhealthy things that shouldnt be consumed often. How do you see it?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everybody loves sugar. It's hard-wired into our brains.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

sassassin posted:

Everybody loves sugar. It's hard-wired into our brains.

wow get your :biotruths: out of here you fascist

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

E_P posted:

Imagine if someone said the same thing about Cherry Colas or Milkshakes that you are saying about beers. Then inform me how you would respond to them.

Post workout is the best time to consume sugar!

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Dum Cumpster posted:

Barf no thx I'll just huff this spoonful of dextrose cuz sugar is for LOSERS and so unhealthy

Brb gotta inject some pure hormones into my rear end

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

E_P posted:

Idk. To me both are unhealthy things that shouldnt be consumed often. How do you see it?

Desert is eaten for the sake of the taste, whereas alcoholic drinks are usually consumed for the drug effects. It's apples and screwdrivers.

Winnie the Shit
Dec 25, 2005

the cat came back

E_P posted:

how dare u suggest anyone cope with their hellscape life without food and booze pleasures daily

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
death is certain so do what you must

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
where death is certain... caution is a must

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fallows posted:

caution is a must

wrong

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I never curl with dumbbells in California, just giant burritos. One in each hand. Up, bite, down, chew, up, bite, down, chew.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I never curl with dumbbells in California, just giant burritos. One in each hand. Up, bite, down, chew, up, bite, down, chew.

I do both!

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

89 posted:

29 years old, male. Got my blood drawn to test for low testosterone at a TRT clinic today.

:ninja:

Get results next week..

0% chance you have low T dude

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Dum Cumpster posted:

Coincidentally sugar seems to taste better post workout as well. Chocolate whey with chocolate milk, erry day.

Tiny Lowtax posted:

He's got even less chance than I did at age 46. But they'll go "Yeah we can tweak that to be more optimal. How would you like to pay?"

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Dec 20, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

FedEx Mercury posted:

Desert is eaten for the sake of the taste, whereas alcoholic drinks are usually consumed for the drug effects. It's apples and screwdrivers.

It's all just chemicals, bro, chemicals with effects on the brain and body.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
I like to get a pump and pick up heavy things and then get blasted on a very frequent basis.

Don't judge me swolethread, not you.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Somewhat related to the coming Resolutioners:

Some of the regulars are bringing in their long haired, skinny, sullen, teenage sons to the gym now that they are on xmas break from school. Today I sat down on the end of the bench to do some wrist curls and this kid looks at the dumbbell I was holding and said, "Hey can I use that?"

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Lay a bar with two plates across his chest. When he can push it off he can have the DB

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

a mysterious cloak posted:

He's got even less chance than I did at age 46. But they'll go "Yeah we can tweak that to be more optimal. How would you like to pay?"

Yeah, that's basically what I'm assuming is gonna happen. But hey, if it's only like $25 a month with my insurance and wow, where did these gains come from?

Reddit is all about some TRT clinics.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 21, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

GORDON posted:

Somewhat related to the coming Resolutioners:

Some of the regulars are bringing in their long haired, skinny, sullen, teenage sons to the gym now that they are on xmas break from school. Today I sat down on the end of the bench to do some wrist curls and this kid looks at the dumbbell I was holding and said, "Hey can I use that?"

"Yeah sure"
Throw it at him.
as we know I do not condone throwing weights.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

"Yeah sure"
Throw it at him.
I play dribble/run around/pretend I'm playing soccer with the 75cm fitness balls in between sets sometimes. The medicine balls don't bounce well fyi.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Dec 21, 2016

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

89 posted:

Yeah, that's basically what I'm assuming is gonna happen. But hey, if it's only like $25 a month with my insurance and wow, where did these gains come from?

Reddit is all about some TRT clinics.

Lol if you think insurance is gonna cover it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Khorne posted:

I play dribble/run around/pretend I'm playing soccer with the 75cm fitness balls in between sets sometimes. The medicine balls don't bounce well fyi.

Depends on the core. Some bounce decently enough, though you gotta sling 'em kinda hard.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm buying some gloves and a "training to beat Goku" t-shirt so I can fit in with the new years crowd.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Constipated posted:

I never stop lifting, or thinking about lifting, it's the only thing I live for.

Same but unironically and without a hint of humor.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

"Yeah sure"
Throw it at him.

It was such a stupid question I actually laughed at him and said, "No," with that 'are you kidding me?' tone.

Then I sort of regretted laughing because his dad lifts way heavier than me and is bald.

GORDON fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Dec 21, 2016

E_P
Feb 22, 2003

Defiant Sally posted:

Same but unironically and without a hint of humor.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

GORDON posted:

It was such a stupid question I actually laughed at him and said, "No," with that 'are you kidding me?' tone.

Then I sort of regretted laughing because his dad lifts way heavier than me and is bald.

Give no advantages to future threats to squat rack space.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Being healthy is fun and cool and good but it's douchy to act as though you're holier than thou compared to those who drink or get high

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Lifting on Adderall and marijuana is really cool and good

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Tiny Lowtax posted:

reasons a bro can't make any gainz:

1) bad diet

2) bad form

3) bad routine

4) bad work ethic

5) low-T

TL;DR it's your diet u idiot

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Tolkien minority posted:

Being healthy is fun and cool and good but it's douchy to act as though you're holier than thou compared to those who drink or get high

Have you even been around drunk people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

Tiny Lowtax posted:

If it's like the TRT clinics in fl they will give him test anyway...